Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   HOH: Volume II has arrived (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=268055)

Mason Malmuth 06-07-2005 07:27 PM

HOH: Volume II has arrived

Hi Everyone:

Harrington on Hold 'em; Expert Strategy for No Limit Tournaments; Volume II: The Endgame has arrive at our offices in Henderson. We will now begin the process of shipping all orders out.

Best wishes,
Mason

Kama45 06-07-2005 07:30 PM

Re: HOH: Volume II has arrived

When can we expect them in tge Gamblers Book Shop?

Malcom Reynolds 06-07-2005 07:32 PM

Great news! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

oreogod 06-07-2005 07:35 PM

Stupid question. What kind of book cover are we going to be staring at?

Same style different color? It better not be aqua. I cant stand aqua.

PS: Please use the blue chips cover that Traceone came up with for the Skansky NL book coming out.

Gallopin Gael 06-07-2005 08:05 PM

here ya go

TransientR 06-07-2005 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stupid question. What kind of book cover are we going to be staring at?

Same style different color? It better not be aqua. I cant stand aqua.

PS: Please use the blue chips cover that Traceone came up with for the Skansky NL book coming out.

[/ QUOTE ]

The book has the same cover as the first, just red. Which is fine, consistent. But for most of us folks, it could be shipped in a brown paper wrapper, we want the content... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Frank

trdi 06-07-2005 08:36 PM

What's HOH?

trdi 06-07-2005 08:37 PM

Just kidding. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Great news.

eyak29 06-07-2005 10:40 PM

does that mean it is in stores now too

2+2 wannabe 06-07-2005 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
here ya go

[/ QUOTE ]

why are all the covers so ugly? (minus the one that that guy made with the poker chips that didn't even win)

Mason Malmuth 06-08-2005 12:05 AM

Hi eyak29:

No. It means that the process of shipping them to the stores will now begin in earnest.

Best wishes,
Mason

Zeno 06-08-2005 12:09 AM

Inflection points! (saw this is another poster's link to cover of book)

When I used to play tournments I developed a 'crux point concept' that I would use (or I would call it 'being at the cusp'). I'm sure many others have also developed something similar to this.

-Zeno

johnnybeef 06-08-2005 12:09 AM

As a first time orderer from conjelco, when can i expect to see a copy on my door step?

note: i am in vegas currently and will not be home until tomorrow, so excuse this if it is already there.

cwsiggy 06-08-2005 12:51 AM

50th on amazon!!!! wow

Piers 06-08-2005 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We will now begin the process of shipping all orders out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you do mine first please [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

pergesu 06-08-2005 05:29 AM

What does this mean for preorders? The status of my order is something like, "We charged your card but have no idea where the book is now."

SNOWBALL138 06-08-2005 06:27 AM

I can't wait for it to arrive at my doorstep. The timing couldn't be better with my final exams ending and summer coming up.

Can you ship mine 2nd? pleeeeeeeeez

dogfishhead 06-08-2005 09:04 AM

I preordered HOH2 a few weeks ago, but I never got any kind of order confirmation and my credit card was never billed. Is it possible that my order didn't go through correctly, or will I be billed once my order ships?

Mallick 06-08-2005 02:53 PM

I noticed the expected shipment date hasn't changed on my Amazon pre-order(still July 20-something).

Any idea of when I can expect Amazon to get them and ship my order?

Hold'me 06-08-2005 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I noticed the expected shipment date hasn't changed on my Amazon pre-order(still July 20-something).

Any idea of when I can expect Amazon to get them and ship my order?

[/ QUOTE ]
This is from Amazon.com:
This title will be released on June 9, 2005. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.

Mallick 06-08-2005 03:57 PM

Ah, I found it now. I guess I just needed to click on the actual item description instead of just looking at my order status.

Thanks.

Sen. VernonTrent 06-08-2005 05:22 PM

And you can take that to the bank.

renodoc 06-08-2005 05:44 PM

I got mine today!!!

Actually, no I didn't. When do I get mine Mason?

BTW, was that you at the Bellagio Saturday afternoon in the black 2+2 shirt???

imported_Chuck Weinstock 06-08-2005 09:49 PM

The pre-orders through ConJelCo were mostly processed for shipment over the weekend. Those orders which are for only HOH II, or for HOH II with other 2+2 titles will have shipped today, tomorrow, or Friday. Those orders which are for HOH II and other non-2+2 titles will ship early next week.

There were, so far, 13 orders which cannot be shipped due to payment issues. If your order fell into this category you have been already notified by e-mail.

Chuck

ononimo 06-08-2005 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, was that you at the Bellagio Saturday afternoon in the black 2+2 shirt???

[/ QUOTE ]

not to speak for Mason, but yeah - that was him. at the risk of seeming like a fanboy, it was really cool to talk to one of the handful of people who is largely responsible for my development as a poker player.

note to mason: I was the light-skinned black guy you spoke with while I was playing 15/30 HE. it was a pleasure to meet you.

rockythecat99 06-08-2005 11:10 PM

When will this book be available at Barnes and Noble? I live right by one and I was wondering when will you ship the book to retail stores. Thanks

zgall1 06-08-2005 11:29 PM

I have never bought HOH - Volume 1 and I was wondering whether I should buy both or just the newest edition? How much of this is like the old book?

Mason Malmuth 06-09-2005 12:23 AM

Hi rocky:

We are shipping to the retail stores immediately. But what this means is that we ship to different warehouses, and from there they go out to the stores. So depending on the store, it could still be a couple of weeks.

best wishes,
Mason

MicroBob 06-09-2005 02:02 AM

they are covering different aspects of tournament strategy.

Without having seen HOH2 and only having read some brief bits of what it will entail (there are some references to it in HOH1 for example) I think I can safely say that they will cover enough different areas that it will be worth it to get both if you are really interested in improving as many facets of your tourney game as possible.

Dr. Moze 06-09-2005 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have never bought HOH - Volume 1 and I was wondering whether I should buy both or just the newest edition? How much of this is like the old book?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a "newest edition" -- the first came out just several months ago!). Rather, as the title sugests, it's a second part of a larger work. HOH I is geared towards full=table tourney play, and HOH II covers shorthanded play incl. heads-up (or so I've read). Buy HOH I only if you'll never make it near the finals of a multitable. You'll need both volumes for SnG's tho.... $^)

Crispy86 06-09-2005 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
here ya go

[/ QUOTE ]

Colorblind people are probably not the happiest in the lot since the first book is blue with red letters and this one red with green letters.

Albert

pergesu 06-09-2005 11:08 AM

The part that actually matters is white with black letters.

SkyWNC 06-09-2005 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
050608006WW has been processed. Because it shipped from a location other than ConJelCo's West Coast warehouse, no further tracking information is available.

[/ QUOTE ]
That is what I get trying to check for tracking information. When do i expect to receive it? Thank you

benfranklin 06-09-2005 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
050608006WW has been processed. Because it shipped from a location other than ConJelCo's West Coast warehouse, no further tracking information is available.

[/ QUOTE ]
That is what I get trying to check for tracking information. When do i expect to receive it? Thank you

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait patiently in front of your computer. When your computer beeps and says "You've got mail!", go out to your mail box and it will be there.

Hold'me 06-09-2005 02:57 PM

This is very wierd. According to this amazon page the book is $19.77: Amazon Link 1
And according to this one, it's $29.95: Amazon Link 2
What's the difference? [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Rob-L 06-09-2005 03:06 PM

$10.18

VoraciousReader 06-09-2005 06:15 PM

Re:Hold\'Me

When I tried adding it to my shopping cart, it charged $19.77.

Hmmm....maybe all the really good stuff is in the $29.95 one. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Hold'me 06-09-2005 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$10.18

[/ QUOTE ]
Where!?

Hold'me 06-09-2005 08:55 PM

Re:Hold\'Me

[ QUOTE ]
When I tried adding it to my shopping cart, it charged $19.77.

Hmmm....maybe all the really good stuff is in the $29.95 one. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Seems like it is $29.95 now. Thank god I saved the book to my cart while it was still $19.77, I just ordered it by the way. Should be delivered June 22-June 29. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Rob-L 06-09-2005 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
$10.18

[/ QUOTE ]
Where!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude - it was a joke on your previous post.

Anyway - get it at Amazon for less than $20
http://tinyurl.com/brsao