Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Official AI Finale Thread (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=259236)

jasonHoldEm 05-25-2005 08:41 PM

Official AI Finale Thread

A couple observations so far.

In the opening number all the guys had coats on except Anwar who was wearing a pink shirt (nice).

I was reminded why Mikalah Gordon was the only contestant I really had a burning hatred for this season.

Loved the shot of Randy's bathroom...oops I think he forgot to put the seat down.

Off to watch more fluff...

4thstreetpete 05-25-2005 08:50 PM

Re: Official AI Finale Thread

haha, that top 3 emotions segment was hilarious!

The woman who sold her wedding ring to get enoough money to be a contestant on AI is absolutely insane. Seriously, what is wrong with people? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

La Brujita 05-25-2005 08:54 PM

This show is brutally bad so far. Doesn't help I went through 2k in the first ten minutes. Drug addiction would be cheaper.

GrannyMae 05-25-2005 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A couple observations so far.

In the opening number all the guys had coats on except Anwar who was wearing a pink shirt (nice).

I was reminded why Mikalah Gordon was the only contestant I really had a burning hatred for this season.

Loved the shot of Randy's bathroom...oops I think he forgot to put the seat down.

Off to watch more fluff...

[/ QUOTE ]

all 3 judges predicted carrie win.

this is not good for BO. damn, i sure hope that some of you got out of at least a portion. i'm telling you, this feels like a carrie win...

enjoy the show folks. i got a sick kid and need to get out of the office and at least to the living room.

(nice job getting out early jhe... imho)

jerome baker 05-25-2005 09:06 PM

"all 3 judges predicted carrie win"

--is that from the show? why do u think that?

4thstreetpete 05-25-2005 09:08 PM

Bo wins hands down for me but I'm not too sure how america will vote. It seems like Carrie would probably be more marketable and I really can't picture Bo singing all the crappy pop songs that they have in store for him if he wins.

He'll do fine regardless if he wins or loses as he's already confirmed to get a recording contract after the show is over.

GrannyMae 05-25-2005 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"all 3 judges predicted carrie win"

--is that from the show? why do u think that?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, simon & randy just now during ryan inteview, and paula an hour ago on E.

also, paula is not smiling and she wants BO.

oooo, getting yelled at!!

mae OUT

Hirez 05-25-2005 09:12 PM

haha Leroy owns

GrannyMae 05-25-2005 09:12 PM

He'll do fine regardless if he wins or loses as he's already confirmed to get a recording contract after the show is over.

absolutely.

but, investors can still get 60 for him, and most only paid between $12 and $25

jerome baker 05-25-2005 09:18 PM

how would the judges know/
i guess they can kinda get a feel?

have u picked up any carries/
will you if it goes to 35?

thx. jerome baker

jasonHoldEm 05-25-2005 09:19 PM

You know it's a party when david hasselhoff shows up.

woo

contentless 05-25-2005 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

all 3 judges predicted carrie win.

this is not good for BO. damn, i sure hope that some of you got out of at least a portion. i'm telling you, this feels like a carrie win...

[/ QUOTE ]

I get that same feeling (and I haven't gotten out), but what's weird is that the price on TradeSports keeps going up...I hope I'm not missing something.

Hirez 05-25-2005 09:20 PM

Did only Carrie sing the american idol song so far? (I tuned in late) but i Recall every year the loser always sings the song first, then the winner sings it at the end of the show. unless they changed that

mosuavea 05-25-2005 09:20 PM

They both sang

justin D 05-25-2005 09:21 PM

http://www.azoidx.com/postimages/Hasselhoff_coleman.jpg

contentless 05-25-2005 09:21 PM

Bo sang Vehicle to begin the show, and Carrie then sang the B-side "Angels something something something whatever".

J_V 05-25-2005 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know it's a party when david hasselhoff shows up.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the only good part of the show so far. Funny line.

OldYoda 05-25-2005 09:23 PM

If the judges are leading everyone to think it is Carrie, I would bet the ranch it's Bo.

jasonHoldEm 05-25-2005 09:29 PM

gotta love the primetime spoof.

Now we can actually start the show.

SuitedSixes 05-25-2005 09:32 PM

I still think Vonzell got robbed.

jasonHoldEm 05-25-2005 09:36 PM

CORRECTION: you know it's a party when kenny g shows up.

woo

OldYoda 05-25-2005 09:49 PM

Granny, I told you yesterday that Bo should have been in Skynryd - that performance confirms it.

bennyk 05-25-2005 10:05 PM

thanks, granny.

just thanks.
bk

J_V 05-25-2005 10:07 PM

Spoiler

All the value was in Carrie. I realized it but didn't act on it. She was 50/50 by the announcement and her price was at 35. This was the easiest edge all year on the Idol. I am annoyed that I couldn't cash in on it. I'm a chump, because my girlfriend was calling me a pussy for selling off my bo's. Of course ten minutes later she could care less who won and I'm the one out 2000 bucks.

Overall still a good idol year.

4thstreetpete 05-25-2005 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks, granny.

just thanks.
bk

[/ QUOTE ]

BWHAHAHAHAHAH!!! OMG OMG!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
OMG, I just spilled all my beer! dude, I don't know
why it's so funny. I nearly choked out a lung. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

ewile 05-25-2005 10:12 PM

Re: Spoiler

I've never seen this show before, butI watched the last 5 minutes and saw the announcement.
Bo looks like Warren Haynes. Does anyone have a link where I could hear him sing?

bennyk 05-25-2005 10:18 PM

heheh,
me too, for a different reason...
[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
bk

GrannyMae 05-25-2005 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks, granny.

just thanks.
bk

[/ QUOTE ]

did you lose money? anyone who did what i did made nice money. sorry if you lost. sometimes you gotta get out of 1-pays when it is not so clear.

jasonHoldEm 05-25-2005 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone who did what i did made nice money.

[/ QUOTE ]

yup. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

GrannyMae 05-25-2005 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never seen this show before, butI watched the last 5 minutes and saw the announcement.
Bo looks like Warren Haynes. Does anyone have a link where I could hear him sing?

[/ QUOTE ]

start here

http://idolonfox.com/photosvideos/vi.../week19/Bo.htm

bennyk 05-25-2005 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
did you lose money?

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, i was being sincere...

you're incredibly savvy.
bk

GrannyMae 05-25-2005 10:43 PM

actually, i was being sincere...

phew

i feel awful if people bought some bo's but decided to stick it out for the $35. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

bennyk 05-25-2005 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i feel awful if people bought some bo's but decided to stick it out for the $35. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i was going to but your posts the last few days got me thinking i was a little more exposed than i wanted.

bk

ewile 05-25-2005 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

start here

http://idolonfox.com/photosvideos/vi.../week19/Bo.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, that was pretty good, and I hit a Set of Kings while watching. I like him.

rusty JEDI 05-26-2005 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

phew

[/ QUOTE ]

Last year they announced that the vote was split by only a single percentage point. You knew this and still held Fantasia at approximately 70-30.

Good job getting it right each time.

rJ

Shoe 05-26-2005 12:52 AM

Just curious.... did you end up selling all of your Bo's, or did you hold onto some? (if you don't want to say, that's fine). Just curious.

I didn't buy any share of anyone (as I didn't even know you could at the beginning of the season), but if they have another season I plan to get into it.

RollaJ 05-26-2005 08:02 AM

Ok, So I lost about $150 over the season..... I suck! Truth is I learned a lot and am confident I will kick ass next season, as I was a newbie this time around. I could have locked in a profit, but decided to let most of it ride on BO winning it all, tho I had sold 1/3 of my position in the 65-70 range.

Cant wait for next season!!

RollaJ 05-26-2005 08:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I still think Vonzell got robbed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, when they showed Anwar I almost called to vote again [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

GrannyMae 05-26-2005 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just curious.... did you end up selling all of your Bo's, or did you hold onto some? (if you don't want to say, that's fine). Just curious.

I didn't buy any share of anyone (as I didn't even know you could at the beginning of the season), but if they have another season I plan to get into it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was out of 80% of them when he hit 65. my spouse and i still had 50 after final performance show and i sold my 'half' before i went to bed tuesday night. i had nothing riding on the outcome.

as far as BO spiking during last nights show, that was market manipulation that happened last year with diana too. a couple of heavy trades forced him up (either carrie sells or BO buys would accomplish same effect), then same group no doubt bought a shiitload of her right away and made great money. it was obvious by showtime, then confirmed 10 minutes into show, that carrie was strong favorite to win.

i honestly could care less who won because i just like to trade the futures and i was out by showtime. therefore, i really enjoyed the show and all those stars at the end. last year, i was schvitzing for 2 hours. last night i was heckling at spouse who eventually turned to me and told me to get over it because i know damn well it was my money too. this is, of course, 100% correct. however, we made great money this year so i am not complaining.

oye

jasonHoldEm 05-26-2005 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i was schvitzing for 2 hours

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds painful.