Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Multi tabling help (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=257519)

OrcaDK 05-23-2005 07:33 AM

Multi tabling help

Hey

I normally 12-table on my 17" 1280x1024 monitor, and honestly that can become quite cramped. To help me i've made a simple app that arranges the windows for me, so i avoid mis-clicks and such.

What it does is quite simply to put the active window in a specified corner, and arrange the other windows in the other corners of the monitor. There will only be one active window at a time, the others will be put in a queue and will be activated when you're done with the currently active window.

You can see a small video showing it in action here: mth in action

You can download the actual app from here: mth

Please note that it requires WinRar to unpack. It does not need to be installed, it does howerver require Windows XP (haven't tested any other systems) and the .NET framework

Before you ask, no, i cannot give you any guarantee that this is not spyware/adware/fubar software, other than my word.

It's free, and will remain so. Use it if you like.

I'd appreciate, if you use it, that you drop a note with feedback.

OrcaDK 05-23-2005 09:41 AM

Re: Multi tabling help

How could i forget?

It only supports Party/skins cash games and 1-table SnG's.

QTip 05-24-2005 02:50 PM

This is really interesting. Do you use GT+ and do the stats stay in place?

The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that when I 8 table (I use 2 montiors), I keep track of the players (postflop play, etc.) using their position at a table in a certain location....I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to remember everyone usernames with the postflop reads I have on them. How long have you been 12 tabling..I've been considering it and would like to hear your thoughts.

OrcaDK 05-24-2005 04:51 PM

I've heard some reports of people saying that GT+ doesn't update the tables when they're moved, i can't say what the reason for this is. I'm using PV myself, and that works perfectly.

I've been 12-tabling for a couple of weeks with great success, though only at NL25 for the moment. I'm working on my NL50 game, but only at 4 tables at a time, i need get used to the game before i push it harder.

Regarding the two monitors. Try opening all your tables and placing them as you wish. Then tick on the "Move window to previous location", it should move the window to it's previous location when you've acted. That should make it easy to follow the tables based on their position.

Please note though that you'd still have to keep the "active corner" free of windows (since that window would be moved to it's previous location, which coincidentally is also the active corner).

Thank you for your reply, i hope to hear back from you, whether this solves your problem [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

galahad_187 05-26-2005 12:03 PM

I just dled the program and its shweeeet. only problem i have is i can't watch how long it takes players to react to my plays/make their own. and i can't see when i win/lose a big pot.

personally i've play like [censored] (over valuing top pair/overpair) mostly. so maybe multi-tabling isn't for me. but this program definatly makes managing multi-tabling super easy.

thanks for making this available to the public for free, real cool of ya. Next week i'm gunna try 8 tabling thanks to this proggie. i just hope i don't keep playing poorly =)

thanks again,

-galahad

wdbaker 05-28-2005 04:56 AM

I would love to try this mth but I just keep gettin an error code, I'm running xp on a thinkpad, I downloaded it and then uncompressed it with winrar. Here is the error that I get:

"MultiTableHelper.exe - Application Error
X The application failed to initialize properly(0xc0000135). Click on Ok to terminate the application."

Any Ideas???

One Street at a Time
wdbaker Denver, Co

OrianasDaad 05-28-2005 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and i can't see when i win/lose a big pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the process, not the results that matter. Not knowing if you win or lose will help you make +EV decisions, but I digress.

I've been looking to start working in more tables on my 17" 1280x1024, and I'll be giving your program a try, but probably not before Tuesday.

OrcaDK 05-28-2005 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would love to try this mth but I just keep gettin an error code, I'm running xp on a thinkpad, I downloaded it and then uncompressed it with winrar. Here is the error that I get:

"MultiTableHelper.exe - Application Error
X The application failed to initialize properly(0xc0000135). Click on Ok to terminate the application."

Any Ideas???

One Street at a Time
wdbaker Denver, Co

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to install the .NET framework before the application will start [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

wdbaker 05-28-2005 02:45 PM

Thanks All

One Street at a Time
wdbaker Denver, Co

AlexHoops 05-30-2005 02:44 AM

I just downloaded it and I love it. Thanks for the program. This makes things alot easier on my laptop. The one thing that could make it better is if it would let you see the outcome of the hand after the river, if you were in the hand to that point. One idea for this would be to have the upper left corner store all of the idle tables, the lower right corner have the active tables, and then then move the active hand that you just played to completion to the top right for 4 seconds, just so you can see the outcome.

Thanks again!

wdbaker 06-01-2005 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It's free, and will remain so. Use it if you like.

I'd appreciate, if you use it, that you drop a note with feedback.

[/ QUOTE ]

OrcaDK,
I have a 1024 X 768 laptop and have never been able to go over 4, yesterday i was up to 7 and could have added an 8th,
ran for a couple of hours, this thing smokes [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

send me a pm with a way for me to make a contribution, this thing so rocks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I bet I could do 12 with a little modification of autohotkey so my mouse didn't have to move.

One Street at a Time
wdbaker Denver, Co

OrcaDK 06-01-2005 03:57 PM

I'm glad that you like it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I just realized that some of you may have gotten a time limited version (playerview style), that was not intentional. The newest version can be downloaded from www.improve.dk/mth.rar, this one should not expire.

wdbaker 06-02-2005 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm glad that you like it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I just realized that some of you may have gotten a time limited version (playerview style), that was not intentional. The newest version can be downloaded from www.improve.dk/mth.rar, this one should not expire.

[/ QUOTE ]
I just opened it up and saw that, bummer until I got here and saw you fixed it for us.

Thanks again

One Street at a Time
wdbaker Devner, Co

OrianasDaad 06-02-2005 08:37 AM

The software takes some getting used to, but makes playing more than four tables doable.

Things I'd recommend:
-Add a passive table location: minimized.
-Make a table you have sat out from "passive".
-Add alert if an open table is "inactive" for a certain period of time.

Fabulous software, and great work.

OrcaDK 06-02-2005 05:21 PM

Thank you for your suggestions, i'm working on some improved table management while playing, for the next version.

MaxPowerPoker 06-02-2005 09:30 PM

Any chance of you providing the source code?

Nice work, by the way!

06-02-2005 10:46 PM

Excellent app, loving it!

[ QUOTE ]
...The one thing that could make it better is if it would let you see the outcome of the hand after the river...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you decide to go for that, please make it optional. I figure I save about ...well, a lot.. by not "having" to call it down just to see what I already know [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Also a superb tool for not going on tilt as you dont know that you get sucked out on.

It also works on windows 2000(even tho I had too set the date back, New installation doesnt seems to overwrite the old, Time limited one)

many tx man

Fernet

Supern 06-07-2005 04:51 AM

Why doesn't it support other sites software?
What do you do in the code that makes it purely for party?

OrcaDK 06-07-2005 07:12 AM

Everything i do in my code makes it Party-only. The whole process of identifying the tables, recognizing when it needs action and such, that has to be custom made to each poker room.

So the reason it doesn't support other sites software, i haven't taken my time to do it yet.

OrcaDK 06-07-2005 07:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any chance of you providing the source code?

Nice work, by the way!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, currently i don't have any plans to share the source code, i might consider it later on though.

smartalecc5 06-11-2005 12:52 PM

The video does not work. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] from the orginial post.

OrcaDK 06-11-2005 02:28 PM

I'm afraid i've accidentally deleted the video from the server, and i don't have a backup of it lying around [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

wdbaker 06-11-2005 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The video does not work. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] from the orginial post.

[/ QUOTE ]

It(the video) wasn't that good anyway, I couldn't tell what was going on.

Just download MTH and make sure you have .net, then open mth.exe on your desktop or wherever and then begin opening poker windows.

set it "active table location" to top right
check mark the two top boxes
then because i don't have enought realestate, i put one window in the upper right and all the rest in the lower left so they extend beyond the desktop, you don't need to see them until it's Time anyway.

This way you can quickly look at the full window in the upper right in its entirety which makes for easily making decisions.

Then if you have autohotkey and a mouse with programmable buttons you will rarely ever have to even move you mouse for the rest of your life [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] This stuff is all extra though, stick to the basics above and you will be happy.

Use it with the .50/$1 tables first til you get the hang of it. If I Remember correctly it doesn't work on play tables.

Once you get going you will wonder how you ever multitabled before. I went from 4 to 6-8 on a good day and that is on a computer that is laptop XP 1024X768

Truly it is unbelievable

To the Author again, hats off and will send a donation when I figure a good way to do that.

Disclaimer: if you lose it and crush your computer or worse, i do not wish to be held responsible for anything in a court of law and if you have read this Post you agree to these terms [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

One Street at a Time
wdbaker Denver, Co

OrianasDaad 06-13-2005 01:58 AM

Any updates coming?

OrcaDK 06-13-2005 08:42 AM

Currently i'm busy with work, i might have time to make an update sometime within the next couple of weeks.

OrianasDaad 06-14-2005 02:07 PM

Awesome.

MaxPowerPoker 06-16-2005 08:30 AM

OK, I have been using MTH for about a week now and last night I tried to multi-table without it. I forgot how much easier this little program makes playing multiple tables.

One thing that is a bit frustrating is that it only works on tables named "Table ######". If my fishy buddies are sitting at a table that has another name that does not start with "Table" MTH does not recognize that table. Is there a fix on the way for this?

OrcaDK 06-16-2005 09:31 PM

Yeah, in the next version i'm handling all windows containing the text ". Good Luck ", but not the text "Lobby". That should mean all MTT's, SnG's and so forth, should be taken care of.

wdbaker 06-20-2005 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, in the next version i'm handling all windows containing the text ". Good Luck ", but not the text "Lobby". That should mean all MTT's, SnG's and so forth, should be taken care of.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to try using poker-edge for its table selection abilities and then shut it down once I was up and running but it doesn't play nice nice with MTH, darn.

One Street at a Time
wdbaker Denver, Co

OrcaDK 06-20-2005 07:00 AM

I've never tried PokerEdge, what abilities are those? And what were the problems?

OrcaDK 06-26-2005 06:42 PM

Boy have i got a treat for you guys [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm currently testing the latest update before i release it, in the mean time i'm gonna write this post (download link will follow as soon as my current SnG's are done - provided that no errors have occurred.

The only (besides a couple of minor internal changes) addition is the support for keyboard control. MTH now gives you the option to turn on "Keyboard control".

When Keyboard control is turned on, you can make bets, checks, folds, raises etc using your keyboard.

The controls are as follows (can't be changed):

Shift+F = Fold
Shift+R = Bet/Raise
Shift+C = Check/Call

If you've got "Auto clear bet" checked, the bet amount will automatically be cleared when the active table pops up. When there's an active table, any number you press will be typed into the bet amount box, no matter if the window has focus or not. Pressing the backspace button will clear the bet amount entirely.

I thought about whether i needed the Shift+ combo, but i want to make sure that you make the right action, and that you're not just typing something in the chat (Pacific anyone?).

I would like to hear your opinion on the controls, is anything missing? Does it work? Should it work differently? Different key combos?

As always, this is an early release, so please don't go out and play $100/200 NL before you've tested it.

In the case that MTH doesn't respond to your keyboard actions (doesn't bet, raise, whatever), please note down the name of the button you wanted to "press", the name is crucial for me to find out what went wrong.

There is one "hitch" though. The first time MTH folded a hand for me (not automatically of corse) Party gave me the bot test. I entered the correct text, and all was fine. An hour or so later i got the test again, still no problems. I haven't seen the test since then. So obviously Party detects that it's not you physically acting. I have mailed Party to get a confirmation of MTH being legal and withing the rules of their T&C (which i am very sure it is). I haven't got a response yet though.

Jarekb 06-26-2005 06:51 PM

Adding keyboard control is a great feature, but you say the key's you've chosen can't be changed. Can that be changed? The key's I've selected for my AHK script are 1-6 on the numpad, one key for each of the 6 buttons which you can check off before action is at you. Also these keys can press each of the normal buttons(1/3 for fold, 2/5 check/call, 3/6 raise). I found this to work really well while playing (won't do multitable because I still can't figure out how to set up window focus properly). So is it possible for you to allow different sets of hot keys or could you try my method and see if you like it better for your program?

JarekB

OrcaDK 06-26-2005 07:02 PM

(Link will follow soon, found a couple of bugs)

It will be possible to change the keys, but not in the first release.

The problem with using the number keys is that it works great for FL, but not for NL players, we have to enter the bet amount.

You can't check off the buttons before action, since only the currently active table receives the keyboard input.

OrcaDK 06-26-2005 07:20 PM

15 mins, i got the bugs worked out, gonna implement key setup.

ClaytonN 06-26-2005 07:29 PM

Orca:

You, sir, RULE!!!

That is all.

OrcaDK 06-26-2005 07:49 PM

Thanks dude [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

New version is up and can be downloaded from here.

I've tested it somewhat, and it seems to work, haven't experienced any glitches lately, but you never know, do i need to repeat my usual disclaimer? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

You can setup your own keys now by opening the "MultiTableHelper.exe.config" file in Notepad and changing the values. The file should be rather self explanatory.

The only "special" key available is Shift, i've not included Ctrl and Alt since they often are used for menus, system functions and such. The keys you can use are listed here - use the name in bold, write it exactly as on this page. The only exception is the numeric keys, don't use D0-9 and NumPad0-9, simply use 0-9, they will work for both the numpad and the usual decimals.

Jarekb 06-26-2005 08:31 PM

I worked out the NL aspect in my sript, here's how

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>Raise bet by 1x Big Blind
NumpadAdd::
ControlGetText,CurrentBet,Edit3,A
NewBet := (CurrentBet + 0.25)
ControlSetText,Edit3,%NewBet%,A
return

;Lower bet by 1x Big Blind
NumpadSub::
ControlGetText,CurrentLesserBet,Edit3,A
NewLesserBet := (CurrentLesserBet - 0.25)
ControlSetText,Edit3,%NewLesserBet%,A
return</pre><hr />

You should be able to adapt that to your program. Basically what it does is sends the mouse to the field where the bet can be changed and save the value that's there already, then by either pressing + or - increses the saved value under a diffrent variable. Finally it sends the new value to the box. I confirm the bet using NumpadEnter.

Hope that helps.

OrcaDK 06-26-2005 08:39 PM

Yeah, i could do something like that, but i much prefer entering the exact bet amounts, and not necessarily as increments of the BB. Anyone else have some input on this issue?

ClaytonN 06-26-2005 08:44 PM

The new version cannot make bets on the flop turn when checked to. It can, however, raise or fold.

OrcaDK 06-26-2005 08:58 PM

Does this only happen on the turn? Can you make bets on the turn/river if checked to? Does the table get activated - moved to the active corner?