Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Is this rude? Or am I a racist (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=255126)

irishken 05-19-2005 05:38 AM

Is this rude? Or am I a racist

Usual situation you are sitting in bus and couple black people sits behind you. Then they start talking and oh my [censored] god cant these morons speak just little bit quietly.
I wait couple of mins and then decide I cant take this [censored] and move couple of benches ahead so I dont need to listen them shouting.

Rude?

As a side note, why do only black people speak so [censored] loud? All other races can speak like normal humans, but some black people just cant do it. I dont know if its only somalians, who are the only black ppl who live here.

Phoenix1010 05-19-2005 05:45 AM

Re: Is this rude? Or am I a racist

Yes the shouting is rude, but yes you are a racist.

solid 05-19-2005 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As a side note, why do only black people speak so [censored] loud? All other races can speak like normal humans

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you're the moron and not them.

JaBlue 05-19-2005 07:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I wait couple of mins and then decide I cant take this [censored] and move couple of benches ahead so I dont need to listen them shouting.

[/ QUOTE ]

not racist
[ QUOTE ]

Rude?

As a side note, why do only black people speak so [censored] loud? All other races can speak like normal humans, but some black people just cant do it. I dont know if its only somalians, who are the only black ppl who live here.

[/ QUOTE ]

racist

JackWilson 05-19-2005 08:58 AM

Yes, you are being a racist. You know why? Because part of tolerance is accepting other cultures/races/religions etc no matter what quirks and things they might have that you disagree with.

irishken 05-19-2005 09:05 AM

I understand that, and I at least would like to think im pretty open minded.

Does it matter that I would have done the same thing if the loud person was white, asian or whatever. i.e its not a about what it was, it just annoys me when in public places people shout.

jakethebake 05-19-2005 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, you are being a racist. You know why? Because part of tolerance is accepting other cultures/races/religions etc no matter what quirks and things they might have that you disagree with.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an idiotic statement. Being intolerant of actions does not make you racist. Being intolerant of actions dependent on the persons race does.

jakethebake 05-19-2005 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I understand that, and I at least would like to think im pretty open minded.

Does it matter that I would have done the same thing if the loud person was white, asian or whatever. i.e its not a about what it was, it just annoys me when in public places people shout.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't spend much time around Asians do you? Many of them are pretty damn loud. Yes, it's a cultural thing. Yes, it annoys me too. I don't think it's racist. As you said, I wouldn't enjoy being around a white person that's loud either.

JackWilson 05-19-2005 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This is an idiotic statement. Being intolerant of actions does not make you racist. Being intolerant of actions dependent on the persons race does.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an idiotic statement. Being intolerant of black people because they are too loud is clearly being racist.

RunDownHouse 05-19-2005 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Because part of tolerance is accepting other cultures/races/religions etc no matter what quirks and things they might have that you disagree with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Complete PC BS.

hutz 05-19-2005 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an idiotic statement. Being intolerant of black people because they are too loud is clearly being racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've gotta call bullshit on you here. Being intolerant of loud people is not racist, regardless of your race or theirs. Loud is loud regardless of one's skin color. Under your theory, minorities should be given freedom to do whatever the hell they want because of their skin color (because to correct any improper action on their part would be racist).

tek 05-19-2005 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody has to be be around people they don't like. It's called freedom. Forced "tolerance" is bull.

Furthermore, many blacks are rascist. That's why when they don't get their way they play the 'race card' against caucasians.

And what's up with them talking to the movie screens at theaters [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Thank goodness for Netflix [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

JackWilson 05-19-2005 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I've gotta call bullshit on you here. Being intolerant of loud people is not racist, regardless of your race or theirs. Loud is loud regardless of one's skin color. Under your theory, minorities should be given freedom to do whatever the hell they want because of their skin color (because to correct any improper action on their part would be racist).

[/ QUOTE ]

No no, you're totally missing what I'm trying to say. Look at the part where he says:

[ QUOTE ]
oh my [censored] god cant these morons speak just little bit quietly. why do only black people speak so [censored] loud? All other races can speak like normal humans

[/ QUOTE ]

I rest my case.

EDIT: I have no trouble with him not wanting to sit next to them because they're loud.

Gin 'n Tonic 05-19-2005 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, for race ALONE, but the other two groups - cultures/religions make sense.

jakethebake 05-19-2005 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Being intolerant of loud people isn't. Being intolerant only of loud people that happen to be black is.

JackWilson 05-19-2005 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Being intolerant of loud people isn't. Being intolerant only of loud people that happen to be black is.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF, do you practise selective reading or something? Did you just skim over the part where he says

[ QUOTE ]
why do only black people speak so [censored] loud? All other races can speak like normal humans

[/ QUOTE ]

???

jakethebake 05-19-2005 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
part of tolerance is accepting other cultures/races/religions etc no matter what quirks and things they might have that you disagree with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps we should be more tolerant of religious cults that abuse small children? I hate this whoile "tolerance" thing. It's NOT a matter of "tolerance".

hutz 05-19-2005 09:36 AM

You might want to wait to rest your case until you've actually proven your point. In this situation, you haven't yet done that. You told jake (who didn't make the statement you quoted before resting your case -- the OP did) that he was idiotic for stating that simply being annoyed by loud people is not racist just because the loud people are black. Your response to jake's post was clearly BS for the reasons I stated. Quoting the OP's blanket statements about loud black people doesn't change that.

irishken 05-19-2005 09:37 AM

Whats your problem? I specifically said that it doesent depend on race. It just that where I live I hear only black people speaking loud.

I think you are the one who practice selective reading.

jakethebake 05-19-2005 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF, do you practise selective reading or something? Did you just skim over the part where he says

[ QUOTE ]
why do only black people speak so [censored] loud? All other races can speak like normal humans

[/ QUOTE ]

???

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I wasn't arguing that he was a racist or not. Your statement was a general one, and I was arguing that your statement was stupid, which it is. It's politically correct crap. Not only that, but it's poorly thought out politically correct crap.

JackWilson 05-19-2005 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You might want to wait to rest your case until you've actually proven your point. In this situation, you haven't yet done that. You told jake (who didn't make the statement you quoted before resting your case -- the OP did) that he was idiotic for stating that simply being annoyed by loud people is not racist just because the loud people are black. Your response to jake's post was clearly BS for the reasons I stated. Quoting the OP's blanket statements about loud black people doesn't change that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen here buddy. My intention was never to prove that Jake's statement is idiotic (although he clearly misunderstood either me, the OP or possibly both). I used the phrase "is an idiotic statement" merely because he used it on me. Now STFU and stop trying to seem clever. It doesn't suit you.

jackdaniels 05-19-2005 09:42 AM

needs volume

Freakin 05-19-2005 09:43 AM

This whole [censored] thread is idiotic.

Freakin

Lazymeatball 05-19-2005 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen here buddy. My intention was never to prove that Jake's statement is idiotic (although he clearly misunderstood either me, the OP or possibly both). I used the phrase "is an idiotic statement" merely because he used it on me. Now STFU and stop trying to seem clever. It doesn't suit you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get mad just because your logic sucks.

[ QUOTE ]
Quimby - How do we get out of here?
Homer - We'll dig our way out!
Pause (digging)
Moe - No dig up, stupid!

[/ QUOTE ]

hutz 05-19-2005 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that you have been reduced to the last resort of those whose positions are no longer defensible -- cursing and name calling -- I will, indeed, STFU about this as long as you do the same.

JackWilson 05-19-2005 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Whats your problem? I specifically said that it doesent depend on race. It just that where I live I hear only black people speaking loud.

I think you are the one who practice selective reading.

[/ QUOTE ]

You asked whether it's rude or whether you're racist. Now you're telling me this was actually not what your post was about? In addition, you certainly did not say anything about it not depending on race in your original post.

Ok, now let me clarify for the last time. Looking at OP I formed an opinion that yes, his thoughts of "all races can speak normally but blacks have to [censored] shout all the time" were indeed racist. I don't care whether Jakethebake thinks my comments about tolerance are bullshit. End of discussion.

RunDownHouse 05-19-2005 09:50 AM

You should be more tolerant of Jake's opinion.

JoshuaD 05-19-2005 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're logic is all backwards and mixed up. He's intolerant of anyone who's too loud. That's not racist. He thinks blacks are more inclined to be loud than other races. That might be racist, but if it's true I don't think it is.

Oski 05-19-2005 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're logic is all backwards and mixed up. He's intolerant of anyone who's too loud. That's not racist. He thinks blacks are more inclined to be loud than other races. That might be racist, but if it's true I don't think it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least beat the correct dead horse. The "debate" has nothing to do with what the O.P. stated. The "debate" is only about this statement:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its pretty clear: J.W. uses a definition of "racist" which I have never seen or heard, anywhere. Why? Well, JaketheBake has the answer ... its total gibberish, an idiotic statement. Furthermore, the well reasoned Hutz correctly "called B.S." on J.W.

J.W. attempted to turn the tide by mangling the O.P. original's statement/question, but, nobody is fooled by the smoke and mirrors. Furthemore, as Hutz pointed out, his position was so untenable, J.W. was forced into ad hominem attacks to save face.

I vote: Not only was it an idiotic statement, it was also total B.S.

-Skeme- 05-19-2005 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf. That's not racist. That's an observation about a group of people. You don't dislike them because they're black, you dislike them because they're loud as hell. Not racist. And I concur, the black girls at my old High School were louder than hell.

AviD 05-19-2005 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
part of tolerance is accepting other cultures/races/religions etc no matter what quirks and things they might have that you disagree with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps we should be more tolerant of religious cults that abuse small children? I hate this whoile "tolerance" thing. It's NOT a matter of "tolerance".

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a long drawn out response about Nigeria's legality and "tolerance" of rape involved...but I'll just agree with what you said as it achieves the same thing.

Dex 05-19-2005 11:14 AM

Re: Is this rude? Or am I a troll

[ QUOTE ]
As a side note, why do only black people speak so [censored] loud?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your sample size is too small.

jedi 05-19-2005 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Usual situation you are sitting in bus and couple black people sits behind you. Then they start talking and oh my [censored] god cant these morons speak just little bit quietly.

Rude?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you're racist.

I think you completely misunderstand the concept of culture and the differences that different cultures have too.

daryn 05-19-2005 05:06 PM

what i want to know is what ever happened to being able to comment on a race, without being a racist?

for instance:

why do chinese people eat so much chinese food??? racist? no, but

why are fat black women so damn loud? racist? somehow yes!

both true

brassnuts 05-19-2005 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, but this is truly retarded. I can't believe people can think like this. You can't just give a green light for any activity simply because it's part of the their cultural background. Some things are simply unacceptable. Maybe in some remote New Guini, it is costomary to urinate on your fellow passengers in a bus. Great. If you're in New Guini, go for it, but I doubt that sh!t is going to fly anywhere else. Now, back to the OP's subject, being loud is annoying, but isn't horrible. But, you can't just lay blanket statements out there like you just did. Also, your logic in subsequent posts is equally flawed.

brassnuts 05-19-2005 05:40 PM

Duh! If your commenting negatively about a race, you're a racist, regardless of being right or wrong.

Boris 05-19-2005 05:48 PM

You are a racist. No question about it.

daryn 05-19-2005 05:52 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Duh! If your commenting negatively about a race, you're a racist, regardless of being right or wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

right.. but somehow

swedish people are so white! they must sunburn easily...

racist? not? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME

people are so stupid. let's just use common sense.

istewart 05-19-2005 05:52 PM

STFU

No one likes loud people.

Black people are louder than normal people.

You make the connection.

To the OP, no, you are not racist. You are white.

Voltron87 05-19-2005 05:54 PM

not liking loud people on the bus- not racist

thinking that black people can't speak normally- racist

pretty simple