Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Theme Party Ideas (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=250908)

BWebb 05-12-2005 04:05 PM

Theme Party Ideas

Going to be having a party in the near future and was looking for ideas for a good theme. I think 80's parties are awesome and wouldn't mind doing one again, but are there any other cool ideas out there?

IronDragon1 05-12-2005 04:08 PM

Re: Theme Party Ideas

[ QUOTE ]
Going to be having a party in the near future and was looking for ideas for a good theme. I think 80's parties are awesome and wouldn't mind doing one again, but are there any other cool ideas out there?

[/ QUOTE ]

You could easily wear out every decade of the 20th century except the 1910s and you could come up with a pretty decent party for each one.

Well, maybe not the 50's but all the other ones work.

Edge34 05-12-2005 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You could easily wear out every decade of the 20th century except the 1910s and you could come up with a pretty decent party for each one.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 1920s would be great if you could make your own 'shine.

the 1930s, just have everybody show up to your place with a cheap bottle of wine and ask you for a job. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

No knowing how old you are, I suggest going with the ever-popular "Pimps Up, Hos Down" party...pretty self-explanatory.

LoaferGee12 05-12-2005 04:15 PM

Where's Waldo.

Stupendous_Man 05-12-2005 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I suggest going with the ever-popular "Pimps Up, Hos Down" party...pretty self-explanatory.

[/ QUOTE ]

I need to have one of these! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

chaas4747 05-12-2005 04:18 PM

I know a really good sand guy

Edge34 05-12-2005 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I suggest going with the ever-popular "Pimps Up, Hos Down" party...pretty self-explanatory.

[/ QUOTE ]

I need to have one of these! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite possibly my favorite of all theme parties...

OK, definitely my favorite! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

ceyoung 05-12-2005 04:21 PM

stop light party.
if you're single you wear green
dating someone, but willing to bone someone else wear yellow
if you're taken you wear red

IronDragon1 05-12-2005 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the 1930s, just have everybody show up to your place with a cheap bottle of wine and ask you for a job. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

HA!

However, Cheap wine=the score

Also-to the OP-something superhero themed could work too.

Catch of the Day 05-12-2005 04:25 PM

We had a bunch of ho'down parties in HS. It was always fun. Guys in overalls, beaters, cowboy hats/boots etc. Girls: in the slutiest clothing possible. Examples were chaps (*use your imagination) I don't know, they always managed to look hot.

Catch-

chaas4747 05-12-2005 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We had a bunch of ho'down parties in HS. It was always fun. Guys in overalls, beaters, cowboy hats/boots etc. Girls: in the slutiest clothing possible. Examples were chaps (*use your imagination) I don't know, they always managed to look hot.

Catch-

[/ QUOTE ]

Along these lines I went to a white trash party last year. Never seen that many NASCAR teeshirts in my life.

swolfe 05-12-2005 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No knowing how old you are, I suggest going with the ever-popular "Pimps Up, Hos Down" party...pretty self-explanatory.

[/ QUOTE ]
my nose got broken at the last one of those i hosted.

...we were just talking.

thatpfunk 05-12-2005 04:36 PM

Our most successful party so far has been an early 90's party.

1) The music range (90-95) is amazing.
2) You get a bunch of Zach Morrises, Kelly Kapowskis, and Joey Lawrences
3) No one else does it
4) It reminds you of 2nd-5th grade
5) Did I say the music (Kriss Kross, Pearl Jam, TLC, Rancid, Hootie, Snow, MC Hammer, Niravana, etc) is amazing?

Willluck 05-12-2005 04:37 PM

How about an ecstasy driven rave themed party?

samjjones 05-12-2005 04:38 PM

How about a "Come As Your Favorite TV Character"?

IndieMatty 05-12-2005 04:54 PM

For something different. We did a "Wine and Cheese" thing in college. Ton's of cheap wine, cheese/crackers....a garbage pail filled with jungle juice, and a ton of beer. These are brought after the first or second hour. We paid for it all and just aksed our guest to bring liquor and to wear formal attire.

Girls love getting dressed up and they love seeing their male counterparts/crushes/friends in suits. It's different then the usual stuff, and was always a hit because of the faux formality of it all.

howzit 05-12-2005 05:07 PM

no theme.

just plenty of champagne.

beerbandit 05-12-2005 05:08 PM

these are some ive been to

70s party

cowboys - cowgirls, sounds better than western

heaven - hell, i thought dumb but interesting -- i just wore a white t-shirt that said st. peter

pajama

rockstar

for some reason cant think of any more
bad memory, maybe to much beer

edit: saw the pimps and hos --- good call

samjjones 05-12-2005 05:12 PM

I went to a Star Wars themed party once, and it was kinda humorous to see a a couple of 30 year old white nerds dressed up like Lando.

chaas4747 05-12-2005 05:15 PM

Was this at a convention?

schwza 05-12-2005 05:16 PM

a related theme... the party starts at the 30's (or whatever). countdown to 10:00 PM and it becomes 40's, 11:00 becomes 50's, etc. the old music might get kind of annoying though.

Stupendous_Man 05-12-2005 05:16 PM

Pajana parties work. Usually a good theme.

samjjones 05-12-2005 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was this at a convention?

[/ QUOTE ]
Nope. Halloween a couple of years ago...I think the year Episode 1 came out.

Stupendous_Man 05-12-2005 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just plenty of champagne.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a taste I haven't acquired yet. I can handle half a glass, maybe.

Phoenix1010 05-12-2005 05:24 PM

The best theme party I've ever been to was a "Pirates and Wenches" party. Everyone has to talk in pirate-speak, which at the end of the night means that you'll hear a lot of slurred aaaarrrrs. Still tons of fun, matey.

rmarotti 05-12-2005 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For something different. We did a "Wine and Cheese" thing in college. Ton's of cheap wine, cheese/crackers....a garbage pail filled with jungle juice, and a ton of beer. These are brought after the first or second hour. We paid for it all and just aksed our guest to bring liquor and to wear formal attire.

Girls love getting dressed up and they love seeing their male counterparts/crushes/friends in suits. It's different then the usual stuff, and was always a hit because of the faux formality of it all.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great idea.

YourFoxyGrandma 05-12-2005 07:02 PM

Have an underwear party. Like in that Jimmy Eat World video.

mmbt0ne 05-12-2005 07:08 PM

Pink party.

Actually, that rubix cube party that Sponger had pictures from looked pretty legit. Everyone shows up with 1 article of each rubix cube color on, and everybody has to be monotone by the end of the party.

mrgoodshot 05-12-2005 07:40 PM

Toga Party!

Crveballin 05-13-2005 12:54 AM

Why hasnt the easiest and most social party of all been suggested? The high-lighter party works for every occasion.

Everyone wears a white T-shirt and brings a highlighter. You setup blacklights all around the room and have the lights off. Its the easiest way to go up to someone and ask them if I can write on your shirt. By the end of the night your writing on the girls TaTa's and drawing an error to her ass saying "Insert Here"

TripleH68 05-13-2005 01:00 AM

Best party I have been to lately was a "white trash" party. These dudes got an old bathtub and filled it up with ice and beer(all the cheapest brands). Put up a few NASCAR flags. Etc. Everyone dressed in their worst.

Cool idea I thought.

PokerFink 05-13-2005 01:08 AM

A group of my good buddies throw a party at their apartment every 2 to 3 weeks. Usually themed. Lets see...

1) Pimps and Hos. This works really well. Girls dress up in the sluttiest things they can possibly find.

2) CEO's and Secretary Ho's. Also went over very well. Guy's dress up nicely, girls come in very small dress shirts and the shortest mini skirts they can find.

3) Upper Class and White Trash. Either dress nicely or trashy. This is just a variation of a normal white trash party.

4) Lingerie/Underwear. This is on the bill for next year. I'm assuming it will be amazing.

5) Cowboy/cowgirl. This was pretty lame actually. Lots of cowboy hats.

6) Pajamas. Basically a toned-down version of a lingerie party. The slutty girls wore booty shorts, but for the most part people were in acutal pajamas and it was lame.

7) Halloween. Standard college halloween party: guys go in costume, girls go in the sluttiest thing they can find that resembles a costume.

8) Toga Party. Did one of these at a frat my freshman hear (Sig Chi in case anyone cares). Was fun, not great.

smudgex68 05-13-2005 10:10 AM

When I was at University, we had an Ann Summers party (Ann Summers is a chain of English sex shops, relatively tasteful though).

Lots of guys dressed up in stockings, or as walking penises, fake vaginas (basically two pillows strapped together), and hardly any girls. Bit gay really.

Don't recommend it.

SmileyEH 05-13-2005 10:29 AM

I had fun at a preppy sailor party - basically mandatory collar popping, deck shoes, sweaters around the shoulders. Chicks in pastels and short skirts was great too.

-SmileyEH

bort411 05-13-2005 10:43 AM

Makeout party.

PokerFink 05-13-2005 02:43 PM

This is pretty much what pimps and ho's turns into, especially if jungle juice is involved.

jakethebake 05-13-2005 04:02 PM

Drag party.

Stupendous_Man 05-13-2005 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, that rubix cube party that Sponger had pictures from looked pretty legit. Everyone shows up with 1 article of each rubix cube color on, and everybody has to be monotone by the end of the party.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty creative and sounds cool.