Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Am I in Trouble...? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=245435)

jakethebake 05-04-2005 09:17 AM

Am I in Trouble...?

So I'm playing a stars tournament last night (busted out in middle rounds. played horribly.) and happened to have my Y!M running (it logs me in automatically). And some very hott 22 y.o. blond says hi. Anyway, I'm bored with the tournament so I start chatting with her.

She says she goes clubbing and goes to the beach a lot. I tell her I'm too old and married to go clubbing. But mention I just settle for happy hour at my bar. Anyway we chat for awhile and she brings up my bar again. She says maybe she'll come by and see me sometime. Yea, we flirted a little, but I didn't think she was serious. Anyway, by the end of it all, she's fully aware that I much older and married with kids. And she says very seriously that she's coming to my bar tonite to do happy hour with me.

I'm kinda freaked out here. It's not like I'm gonna go bang her or anything. But this is still very weird. I figure there's like a 10% chance she'll actually show up.

Anyway this is her...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...terz/jenny.jpg

Am I in trouble?

Bluffoon 05-04-2005 09:27 AM

Re: Am I in Trouble...?

[ QUOTE ]
So I'm playing a stars tournament last night (busted out in middle rounds. played horribly.) and happened to have my Y!M running (it logs me in automatically). And some very hott 22 y.o. blond says hi. Anyway, I'm bored with the tournament so I start chatting with her.

She says she goes clubbing and goes to the beach a lot. I tell her I'm too old and married to go clubbing. But mention I just settle for happy hour at my bar. Anyway we chat for awhile and she brings up my bar again. She says maybe she'll come by and see me sometime. Yea, we flirted a little, but I didn't think she was serious. Anyway, by the end of it all, she's fully aware that I much older and married with kids. And she says very seriously that she's coming to my bar tonite to do happy hour with me.

I'm kinda freaked out here. It's not like I'm gonna go bang her or anything. But this is still very weird. I figure there's like a 10% chance she'll actually show up.

Anyway this is her...

Am I in trouble?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if you stop at the ATM lunchtime and reserve a room at your local holiday inn.

DBowling 05-04-2005 09:28 AM

yes, you are.

jakethebake 05-04-2005 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not if you stop at the ATM lunchtime and reserve a room at your local holiday inn.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my initial reaction too. But we chatted for a couple of hours and I really didn't get that vibe from her. She seemed like a nice girl. There was no sex talk. I don't think she's a pro.

Zoltri 05-04-2005 09:31 AM

I would consider that cheating. Why risk the wife and kids? Believe me, its not worth it.

xadrez 05-04-2005 09:32 AM

Im no psychologist, but you did clue her in on where you would be, indicating to me you wanted her to show up.

Bluffoon 05-04-2005 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my initial reaction too. But we chatted for a couple of hours and I really didn't get that vibe from her. She seemed like a nice girl. There was no sex talk. I don't think she's a pro.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well let us know : )

jakethebake 05-04-2005 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im no psychologist, but you did clue her in on where you would be, indicating to me you wanted her to show up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. It didn't go like that. I don't remember the whole exact conversation, but at that point there wasn't even a hint of anything like that, at least in my mind. Maybe there was in hers. I dunno. The whole thing about her coming to happy hour didn't come up until the very end of the conversation. Frankly I was all hopped up on Nyquil at the time and was probably missing clues.

gorie 05-04-2005 09:35 AM

only if you're stupid.

jakethebake 05-04-2005 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would consider that cheating. Why risk the wife and kids? Believe me, its not worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Copnsider what cheating? I'm not considering cheating. Not at all. But I do go to happy hour there all the time. I'm not going to stop going there. Maybe I'll invite some of my colleagues to go to happy hour with me today to head off any trouble.

Zoltri 05-04-2005 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Copnsider what cheating? I'm not considering cheating. Not at all. But I do go to happy hour there all the time. I'm not going to stop going there. Maybe I'll invite some of my colleagues to go to happy hour with me today to head off any trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meeting her alone for a drink is cheating. But you didn't mention taking any of your freinds in your OP.

xadrez 05-04-2005 09:51 AM

I disagree, somewhere, deep inside your brain you wanted this chick to show up. Its pretty obvious.

Im not saying your going to cheat on your wife or anything, but you were obviously intrigued this 22 y.o. tart wanted to meet you at a bar.

Further, the fact that you ask the question "am I in trouble" implies that you are unsure of the nature of the meeting and are already feeling somewhat guilty.

jakethebake 05-04-2005 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Meeting her alone for a drink is cheating. But you didn't mention taking any of your freinds in your OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just thought of it. That's probably what I'll do.

Zoltri 05-04-2005 10:00 AM

I can't say that I blame you though. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

jakethebake 05-04-2005 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree, somewhere, deep inside your brain you wanted this chick to show up. Its pretty obvious.

Im not saying your going to cheat on your wife or anything, but you were obviously intrigued this 22 y.o. tart wanted to meet you at a bar.

Further, the fact that you ask the question "am I in trouble" implies that you are unsure of the nature of the meeting and are already feeling somewhat guilty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree if you want to but you're still wrong. Am I kinda flattered that she wants to meet me? Yea. Did I ever have any intention at all of meeting her? No. At the point in the conversation that I mentioned what bar I go to happy hour there was no hint of getting together. In fact it was kinda the opposite. It was actually a discussion that we like completely different places.

Maybe I feel guilty. But I don't think so. I don't really consider it a problem if she shows up at the bar I go to regularly. It's not like I'm going to meet her. I go tyhere all the time. I didn't invite her. She just said she was going to show up. And I didn't encourage her. Maybe I should have been rude at that point or something to discourage her?

Hell maybe I misread the whole thing. Maybe she's just a nice girl that is looking for a new bar to hang out at. The "am i in trouble?" really meant I don't need some girl stalking me with the wrong idea. I didn't mean I was going to do anything myself to get in trouble. Maybe I'll just be rude to her to head off any trouble.

tpir90036 05-04-2005 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The "am i in trouble?" really meant I don't need some girl stalking me with the wrong idea.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think we need to apply Occam's Razor here. Why are you jumping to the conclusion that a hot young girl would start randomly stalking a married old dude? Doesn't it seem more likely that she was either bored and being friendly or that someone was messing with you?

In any event, if she shows up at the bar....eh, you better not do that.

jakethebake 05-04-2005 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't it seem more likely that she was either bored and being friendly or that someone was messing with you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm hoping so. I think the bored part is right. I don't think she was messing with me. It was like a 2 hour conversation. And it was mostly just a nice conversation.

Lazymeatball 05-04-2005 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I figure there's like a 10% chance

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

this is her...

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

jakethebake 05-04-2005 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I figure there's like a 10% chance

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

this is her...

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice! And also a very good point.

Beerfund 05-04-2005 10:21 AM

Would you bang her if you knew you would never get caught? I'm thinking you would, which is why you should do it, you're gettin old and your little thingy isnt gonna be working very much longer [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

The wifey will prolly forgive you if it's the first time, chicks are dumb like that. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

purnell 05-04-2005 10:24 AM

If you love your kids, beware. I, however, being much older and SINGLE, have just learned something.

Beerfund 05-04-2005 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you love your kids, beware. I, however, being much older and SINGLE, have just learned something.

[/ QUOTE ]

And what the hell is that? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

jakethebake 05-04-2005 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is?

rusellmj 05-04-2005 10:29 AM

He needs to get Y!M.

purnell 05-04-2005 10:30 AM

I was naive enough never to have thought of using this line to meet girls. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

jakethebake 05-04-2005 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was naive enough never to have thought of using this line to meet girls. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What line? That you're an old married guy with kids that hangs out in bars?

purnell 05-04-2005 10:35 AM

Are you feeling defensive? I did not intend to offend anyone.

jakethebake 05-04-2005 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you feeling defensive? I did not intend to offend anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. I was just kidding that it didn't really sound like much of a line...lol.

chaas4747 05-04-2005 10:36 AM

Words to live by: "Never [censored] someone who has less to lose than you do!"

usmfan 05-04-2005 10:37 AM

Simple test for whether this is ok or not: If it's ok, tell your wife. This quashes the possibility of cheating and lets you know whether its ok to meet up with this "girl" at your bar. Better yet, invite the wife along. You did find out if this girl is into girls right?

purnell 05-04-2005 10:39 AM

Once somebody put a wedding band in my tip jar, and I took it to a pawn shop. The broker said it wasn't worth much and that I should "keep it for the tail". Today I understand what he meant.

jakethebake 05-04-2005 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Simple test for whether this is ok or not: If it's ok, tell your wife. This quashes the possibility of cheating and lets you know whether its ok to meet up with this "girl" at your bar. Better yet, invite the wife along. You did find out if this girl is into girls right?

[/ QUOTE ]

You've obviously never been married. Wives have problems with lots of things that men may view as o.k. Don't ask don't tell is often a viable strategy. Another slight problem with that is that I generally don't mention to the wife that I even stopped for a beer. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And no, I didn't ask if she's into girls. As I said before, the conversation didn't go that way. My wife isn't into girls anyway.

As I said before, I'm not going to cheat on my wife. I'm going to happy hour. I'll have my usual 1-2 beers and go home.

jakethebake 05-04-2005 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Once somebody put a wedding band in my tip jar, and I took it to a pawn shop. The broker said it wasn't worth much and that I should "keep it for the tail". Today I understand what he meant.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have hooked up with the chick that left it in your jar. She was obviously in dire need of a revenge [censored].

Shajen 05-04-2005 10:50 AM

This is a dangerous path you are treading Jake.

If your wife finds out, she's gonna be pissed.

Wonder if this is one of her friends doing a little test?

Women are much more devious than men.

Man, I dunno. I wouldn't meet this chick for drinks without some wingmen there. That way you have outs. And you can maybe hook up a friend with a pretty cute chick.

chaas4747 05-04-2005 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a dangerous path you are treading Jake.

If your wife finds out, she's gonna be pissed.

Wonder if this is one of her friends doing a little test?

Women are much more devious than men.

Man, I dunno. I wouldn't meet this chick for drinks without some wingmen there. That way you have outs. And you can maybe hook up a friend with a pretty cute chick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shajen is correct Jake. I will go with you. If this chic seems horney, I will take care if it. I got your back man!

jakethebake 05-04-2005 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wonder if this is one of her friends doing a little test? Women are much more devious than men.

[/ QUOTE ]
My wife can barely even check her e-mail and doesn't even know my Yahoo ID, but good point.

[ QUOTE ]
And you can maybe hook up a friend with a pretty cute chick.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is an excellent idea. I think I might do this.

Beerfund 05-04-2005 10:56 AM

I forgot to add.....

that I'm gonna need to see a pic of your wife to be able to give any real advice.

jakethebake 05-04-2005 11:01 AM

Re: I forgot to add.....

[ QUOTE ]
that I'm gonna need to see a pic of your wife to be able to give any real advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://all.snapsoid.com/580/snaps_fa...suit_model.jpg

Alobar 05-04-2005 11:01 AM

AHHAHAHAHA, man you are so gullible. I honestly never expected something like this from you.

some chick youve never met before who is 22 and hot, and fully capable of pulling fine ass whereever she goes, is randomingly messaging people on YM for a "good time"

dude, come on.....please tell me you arent serious with this??

jakethebake 05-04-2005 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
randomingly messaging people on YM for a "good time"

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you read any of this thread. There was no mention of a "good time". Anyway like I said maybe 10% she shows up. Regardless I'll be on my usual barstool. Not like I'm falling all over myself to go meet some hot girl from the Internet.