Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   BYE BYE POKERNOW (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=236958)

JAque 04-21-2005 07:02 PM

BYE BYE POKERNOW

It is official. I will assume this means PokerNow not longer exists as a separate entity

I don't know what will happen to the players that have accounts at Pokernow and Party. Their accounts may be merged with the Party account.

"PokerNow will become a fully fledged part of Party Poker"

JAque

hogua 04-21-2005 07:02 PM

Re: BYE BYE POKERNOW

Where did you see this?

J_B 04-21-2005 07:09 PM

It's legit. I heard it too. just came out within the past 15 mins.

theredwave 04-21-2005 07:10 PM

Link?

hogua 04-21-2005 07:12 PM

OK, fine. Where do you here it? Do you have a link to the whole story?

J_B 04-21-2005 07:31 PM

No link.. Got an email from my rakeback person. She's been reliable every time up until now. No reason for me to doubt her.

Now, I don't know if this means PN would shutdown or just be owned by Party. I'm guessing they don't know that yet.

GrannyMae 04-21-2005 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No link.. Got an email from my rakeback person. She's been reliable every time up until now. No reason for me to doubt her.

Now, I don't know if this means PN would shutdown or just be owned by Party. I'm guessing they don't know that yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you are a n00b in the general public and had only a PN acct, there will be nothing to do. if you have accounts at both, i'm told you will have to choose which acct you want and the other will be closed

teddyFBI 04-21-2005 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if you are a n00b in the general public and had only a PN acct, there will be nothing to do. if you have accounts at both, i'm told you will have to choose which acct you want and the other will be closed

[/ QUOTE ]

and what's the word on what will happen to people who had rake agreements with PN -- or more importantly, those who were PN affiliates to begin with. Is the entire affiliate arm of PN being essentially dissolved?

teddyFBI (NOT an affiliate for PN, lest there be any speculation)

Tapin 04-21-2005 07:43 PM

I suppose this means it's just slightly too late for me to open a PN account for the deposit and IGMPAY bonuses?

Drat. That was on my list for tomorrow night.

Guess it'll have to be Intertops or Multi, then [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

OrangeKing 04-21-2005 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope (and expect) it's this simple. Just in case though, I think I'll be a wimp and take my money to clear some leftover bonuses at other sites after clearing this party bonus...just to stay on the safe side until the smoke clears.

JAque 04-21-2005 07:54 PM

All affiliates were let go.

JAque

JAque 04-21-2005 07:55 PM

BonusWhore to the end [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

JAque

GrannyMae 04-21-2005 07:57 PM

and what's the word on what will happen to people who had rake agreements with PN -- or more importantly, those who were PN affiliates to begin with.

i am told they will be invited to become party affiliate unless they or a sub were ever under investigation. even in that case, they may still be switched over to the party affil. program, but just may have to talk to their affiliate manager if there were any lingering questions.

i'll bet a billion that there are very few PN affiliates that were not already party affiliates, so this should affect very few people.

for those in good standing at both places, i am told they will be getting all the players that they signed up at PN if those players don't have dble accts. in short, if you were a good boy, you don't lose a step except for the duplicate accounts that you will lose, and those will be up to the player as to which acct (affiliate) they want to continue with.

Stu Pidasso 04-21-2005 08:01 PM

I wonder if Party Bonus codes will now work at Pokernow

with pokernow being a fully fledged part of party poker it might just work.

Stu

GrannyMae 04-21-2005 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

JAque

[/ QUOTE ]

well, that's a bit oversimplified. however, word is that the affiliates are the cause of this. (go pimps!)

fwiw, after seeing the 60 minutes thing last night, a friend who does only CPA decided to switch to MGR. i think he is onto something. we both market offline, so this would not work in this community. however, i think the days of getting players that have never heard of rakeback are going to be here again.

what i mean is that if you have a good offline program, this is a great time to be an affiliate and probably a great time to never give a dime in rakeback. keep it all.
woooo

hogua 04-21-2005 08:03 PM

It looks like PokerNow is still letting people open accounts, so maybe if you hurry you might be able to make it in time.

GrannyMae 04-21-2005 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

JAque

[/ QUOTE ]

what were you told about players with accts. at both?

also, i was told that affiliate in good standing at both PN and Party would be allowed to retain PN players if the affiliate already worked for party.

do you hear different JAque? you are hearing all affiliates let go, which would include acct association? that's a big damn difference from what i had heard so i guess we just need to wait for official word.

JAque 04-21-2005 08:20 PM

They didn't say anything about the players. I based my statement on the quote below. I probably did not have anyone without a Party account so it could be different for those affiliates. I can't imagine there were that many Pokernow affiliates without players on both sites. I could be wrong.

JAque

This is to inform all affiliates that the current contract between PokerNow and Party Poker is being terminated effective immediately. Due to this change PokerNow will become a fully fledged part of Party Poker and all current Pokernow Affiliate Agreements will be terminated

GrannyMae 04-21-2005 08:25 PM

I can't imagine there were that many Pokernow affiliates without players on both sites

agreed, but

Pokernow Affiliate Agreements will be terminated

this surely suggests all are done.

maybe the affiliate managers are going to look at the players case by case if the affiliate can show they signed up the PN player in good faith.

this is some ugly stuff. hope it works out where nobody gets the shaft.

chesterp 04-21-2005 08:42 PM

i haven't gotten around to pokernow yet, and haven't done epass or igm at the others yet either. would that be overzealous to sign up for all three tonight at pokernow?
the site is still up for accepting new accounts and giving new bonuses.

krazyace5 04-21-2005 08:45 PM

I take it we can leave our money at PokerNow and it will be their when they are absorbed by Party Poker?

Tapin 04-21-2005 08:49 PM

Well, I just created a PN account and got the initial deposit bonus, plan on playing through it tonight (moved it up a day, I suppose).

Overzealous? Naah.. :-)

(Having done -- and failed to cash out -- the expekt bonus on Monday, I can't get screwed out of two bonuses in a single week can I? Hey, stop laughing.)

[censored] 04-21-2005 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I take it we can leave our money at PokerNow and it will be their when they are absorbed by Party Poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

I sent them an email and will post the results when I get a response,

i wanna be me 04-21-2005 10:02 PM

can you still create an account at Party if you've got one at PokerNOW?

[censored] 04-21-2005 10:09 PM

Thank you for contacting us.

Further to your query, I would like to inform you that PartyPoker and
Pokernow.com are two separate entities that are supported by the same gaming
system and request you to ignore the rumors.

Any promotions or policies mentioned are specific to each site. This would not
allow a player from PartyPoker.com to avail a promotion mentioned on Pokernow or
vice a versa (For ex: The referral bonuses cannot be availed across both sites).

Also, would like to inform you that we do not allow a player to open more than
one account in our poker gaming system which is powered and regulated by
iGlobalMedia.com so request you to close one of your accounts.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact our
Customer Care Department at any time. We are here 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Kapilesh D
Poker Customer Care

[censored] 04-21-2005 10:26 PM

I then asked if I closed my original party account would my player points and funds be transferred to my new (aka pokernow) account.

Please be informed that your bonus points or funds from your party poker account
will not be transfered to any other account after you opt to close your account.

The bonus points will remain in your account till you opt to redeem the points,
if you wish to close the account and also transfer the funds into some other
account then you will have to cashout the funds from your account.

If you want further details on the same do not hesitate to contact us at
1-800-852-4719 and we will be glad to assist you.

Have A Great Day.

Vishal S
Poker Customer Car

What is unclear to me is whether or not closing a pokernow would automatically get the funds transferred to my original party account.

[censored] 04-21-2005 10:52 PM

In regards to whether or not funds from closed pokernow account would be directly deposited into a party account I got this gem

Thank you for contacting us.

In response to your mail, we request you to contact the respective site with
regards to account information. Also Partypoker has its own deposit options and
we do not accept or transfer funds from or to any other website.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact our
Customer Care Department at any time. We are here 24/7 to assist you via email.

Abhishek
Poker Customer Care

I don't see how pokernow which is now party qualifies as a seperate website but whatever.

Hope this all helped.

splashpot 04-21-2005 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is unclear to me is whether or not closing a pokernow would automatically get the funds transferred to my original party account

[/ QUOTE ]
I highly doubt funds would automatically be transfered. Since that would require linking the PokerNow accounts to the Party accounts. For those who have accounts at both sites, I don't think they are linked now. And to further complicate the situation, there are lots of people who have accounts with Party, PokerNow, Empire, Multi, Eurobet, and Intertops. There is no way they would know which account to transfer funds to even if they were all linked.

MrBlueNose 04-21-2005 11:07 PM

I thought something was up. I'd just signed up with PokerNow as an affiliate last week, and 4 days later I got the "you have not signed up enough people and we are cancelling this" e-mail. When I e-mailed back I was just told "sorry nothing we can do". Figured something big was a-brewin'.

lefty rosen 04-22-2005 12:06 AM

This is true!

I was sent an email about the termination of my contract and given double my benefits for the month. Damn just as my affiliate account was taking off....... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

TruePoker CEO 04-22-2005 12:17 AM

deleted

del

MicroBob 04-22-2005 12:22 AM

Re: Former Party/Pokernow Affiliates are welcome to contact us

TP CEO.

Your contirubtions to this forum are welcome and frequently insightful....but this doesn't even border on spam imo. It flat out IS.

Given your position I think it's hard to tell exactly where the fine-line is. But it seems to me that this post, at least, crosses it.

Just my opinion.

Nick-Zack 04-22-2005 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
TP CEO.

Your contirubtions to this forum are welcome and frequently insightful....but this doesn't even border on spam imo. It flat out IS.

Given your position I think it's hard to tell exactly where the fine-line is. But it seems to me that this post, at least, crosses it.

Just my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was hoping that this was some type of imposter playing around, but it doesn't look like it. This makes 2 seperate spam hijacks today in Party threads.

PITTM 04-22-2005 12:38 AM

now just revamp your software AND bonus clearing system and youre on your way...

rj

Shoe 04-22-2005 01:38 AM

Do we have a drunk CEO posting tonight?

I've always been happy to see you post on these boards, but I agree with Bob, this post seems to be pretty spammy. I still plan to check out Truepoker (haven't quite gotten to it yet), and the only reason I plan to play there is because you participate in the 2+2 forums. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt this time, but if a respected poster such as yourself starts spamming like mad I would have to reconsider.

[censored] 04-22-2005 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do we have a drunk CEO posting tonight?

I've always been happy to see you post on these boards, but I agree with Bob, this post seems to be pretty spammy. I still plan to check out Truepoker (haven't quite gotten to it yet), and the only reason I plan to play there is because you participate in the 2+2 forums. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt this time, but if a respected poster such as yourself starts spamming like mad I would have to reconsider.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only commonly used internet phrase I hate more than spam is spammy which is just annoying.

Reef 04-22-2005 02:11 AM

I hate to ask the noobish question, but should we all hustle on any PN bonuses we haven't hit yet?

SoftcoreRevolt 04-22-2005 02:16 AM

I know I am! I've just got the Epassporte one, so that'll take a few hours.

ilikeaces 04-22-2005 10:27 AM

This is to inform all affiliates that the current contract between PokerNow and Party Poker is being terminated effective immediately. Due to this change PokerNow will become a fully fledged part of Party Poker and all current Pokernow Affiliate Agreements will be terminated, subject to the 30-day notice period. In lieu of the 30-day notice period, we are offering to pay you now for any new real money players that have not yet met the 500 hand criteria plus a one time amount of $50 extra bonus.

La Brujita 04-22-2005 10:39 AM

Anyone know what this all means for the outstanding February rakeback owed?