Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   The Official King of the Zoo #6 Stud Thread (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=236700)

eMarkM 04-21-2005 09:10 AM

The Official King of the Zoo #6 Stud Thread

Hey, hey! Time for everyone's favortie, Stud! Yeah, that game where we all get to keep a bunch of cards in our (virtual) hands and no cards in the middle and your Aces in the hole keep getting run down by two small pair. Put all KotZ related items in this thread.

Note: due to my being in an office on the road behind a firewall, I will not be able to access my td@kingofthezoo.com email address as I normally would. Please make all last minute password requests to me via PM. Still send email to get on the distribution list, but I won't be getting to it today.

Sheriff Fatman 04-21-2005 10:35 AM

Re: The Official King of the Zoo #6 Stud Thread

Note to KotZ Noob's this year - it is compulsory in the Stud event to complain about the 'stupid game' on at least one occasion during the tournament.

Failure to do so may result in an automatic forfeit of any points accumulated.

Sheriff

PS: Bonus points are available for 'trifecta' complaints consisting of the following in the same sentence:
1) the fact that its Stud
2) the fact that its limit
3) a bad beat story

wayabvpar 04-21-2005 11:58 AM

I haven't been able to play hold 'em worth a damn the past few days, so maybe this will knock me out of my slump. Although I doubt it.

Toro 04-21-2005 03:17 PM

I have always done this in the past but will not do it tonight. I played stud for decades before I even heard about Holdem. No more negative vibes with Stud.

eMarkM 04-21-2005 04:51 PM

note on password requests

At around 6PM ET tonight I will not be available for anymore password requests. If you need the PW after this time, post to this subthread and I'm sure one of the usual suspects here can help you out. I will be away from my computer until about a half hour before game time. Good luck everyone!

steeser 04-21-2005 04:57 PM

Unfortunately I won't be available to play this stupid game this week. Hopefully I'll make the next one.

eMarkM 04-21-2005 05:51 PM

I\'m outta here

I will not respond to anymore PW requests for the next few hours. I'll back online around gametime. Post to this thread and someone will get it to you.

gumpzilla 04-21-2005 06:28 PM

Anybody want to PM me the password for this game?

UncleDuke 04-21-2005 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Note to KotZ Noob's this year - it is compulsory in the Stud event to complain about the 'stupid game' on at least one occasion during the tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as we're playing a "stupid game," how about if we play anaconda instead? Then we get to bitch at people for passing us garbage too. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

grouchie 04-21-2005 06:58 PM

If i hadn't spent money on my Dr Dirty tickets already I'd play, but when the man is in town, I must consume mass quantities of alcohol and sing and shot like the drunked ass that I am.

AAmaz0n 04-21-2005 07:10 PM

My dead money is in the pot.

Shauna

Ps. we get 7 cards in this game, yes?

Cubswin 04-21-2005 07:24 PM

AAmazon

Can you shoot me off the PW?

How bout a LL bet as well? $20 and winner picks losers avatar for a week? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

cubs

wayabvpar 04-21-2005 07:25 PM

Trotski- since this is your first KotZ event, I am calling you out- to the tune of a $5 LL bet (since nolanfan34 is ducking me..he CLAIMS to be working late). Post here if you want to go for it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

mrbaseball 04-21-2005 07:26 PM

Last time I played Stud was the last KOTZ stud tournament where I probably got knocked out very quickly.

I'm ready!

AAmaz0n 04-21-2005 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AAmazon

Can you shoot me off the PW?

How bout a LL bet as well? $20 and winner picks losers avatar for a week? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

cubs

[/ QUOTE ]

I shot it; check your PMs.

I'm always g00t for a LL with you , honey. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, what would make an interesting avatar? Got any picks of you I could "dress up?" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Shauna

trotski 04-21-2005 07:34 PM

You're on. Chance to prove myself with the big boys [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Oh, sorry Wayabvpar, got you confused with someone else... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Cubswin 04-21-2005 07:35 PM

Got any picks of you I could "dress up?"

I would have figured you would have wanted to dress me down.... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

AAmaz0n 04-21-2005 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Got any picks of you I could "dress up?"

I would have figured you would have wanted to dress me down.... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. sure! we don't even have to play poker for that. I think you meant dress of the style "un" though, didn't you? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Let's play two!

Shauna

Kurn, son of Mogh 04-21-2005 07:59 PM

I will, of course, cheer against you for the glory of the Empire. But, hey, maybe the Cubs will win it all this year now that NoArm is hurt.

Gramps 04-21-2005 08:14 PM

So....3's and 9's wild? How much for an extra card if you get a 4 face up...?

This should be interesting.

Wu36 04-21-2005 08:18 PM

Could someone PM me the password please?

bugstud 04-21-2005 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could someone PM me the password please?

[/ QUOTE ]

colson10 04-21-2005 08:33 PM

I need the password too.

Thx and GL

colson10

z32fanatic 04-21-2005 08:37 PM

Add me to the list of people who need the password. Thanks.

Nick-Zack 04-21-2005 08:44 PM

36 registered with 17 minutes left in this piece of crap stud tournament. We really need 9 more signups so the entire final table (not that I have any chance of being there of course) can get paid.

eMarkM 04-21-2005 09:09 PM

WSOP Champ playing in KotZ tonight!

Nice to see a real, live WSOP champ playing our event tonight. Youngest every WSOP champ and 2+2er 2005, aka Gavin Griffin, in the house! wsop2005 is his Stars Id. Welcome to KotZ, Gavin!

eMarkM 04-21-2005 09:25 PM

52 registered, outstanding turnout for \"stupid game\"

Certainly the best we've had for any form of Stud.

PoorLawyer 04-21-2005 09:36 PM

Re: 52 registered, outstanding turnout for \"stupid game\"

it will be the only one i play...maybe the stud8

VinnyTheFish 04-21-2005 09:49 PM

Re: 52 registered, outstanding turnout for \"stupid game\"

I fell asleep! I missed it! Stupid alergy infection! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

eMarkM 04-21-2005 10:15 PM

Re: WSOP Champ playing in KotZ tonight!

Gavin kicking ass in 3rd, winning some big pots now that the bets are high. He's being very self deprecating and self modest about his Stud skills all the while eviscerating us when it counts. He's at a table with me, lorinda, and Myrtle, so loads of fun!

eMarkM 04-21-2005 10:48 PM

I have adequately met these requirements. Had KK on 3rd to have QQ go all the way to 7th with me knowing full well I had him beat but he back-back-back doors a small straight. Later caught a 3rd Q to a likley AA only to see him catch runner-runner deuces to fill up. This is indeed a stupid suckout game!

PoorLawyer 04-21-2005 10:51 PM

sorry for knocking you out...my flush "sucked out" on your 4flush

bugstud 04-21-2005 10:51 PM

rolled 5's lose to a flush in 5

Nick-Zack 04-21-2005 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gavin kicking ass in 3rd, winning some big pots now that the bets are high. He's being very self deprecating and self modest about his Stud skills all the while eviscerating us when it counts. He's at a table with me, lorinda, and Myrtle, so loads of fun!

[/ QUOTE ]

ok - step off his jock, he is gone now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Myrtle 04-21-2005 11:23 PM

Myrtle not at that, or any table any longer....

my nemesis 'bogsdolls' hit's his 2-outer to put me out........

WWHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEE!!!!!!!!!

B<)

UncleDuke 04-21-2005 11:59 PM

Out 13th. Was getting low on chips and decided to go for broke with my two kings down. Unfortunately TonySopran0 had a pair of bullets hiding beneath his bring-in. Stud was kinda fun for a change of pace, and I wasn't handicapped by knowing how to play. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I'll probably have read a book on stud by the time we play it again, which will no doubt ensure a bottom half finish.

Congrats to the finalists and thanks to Ed for all his work.

eMarkM 04-22-2005 12:21 AM

Get the Zee split poker book first if you're using KotZ to branch out from HE. Stud-hi will not be back until next year. We have Stud/8 and limit Omaha/8 left on the calendar for this year.

wayabvpar 04-22-2005 01:48 AM

Well, the kings of the suckout had an epic heads up battle- I think I spent more time with MicroBob than I have with my wife all week.

Only hit about every card in the deck all night long...this game is easy when that happens.

MicroBob 04-22-2005 03:01 AM

congrats to wavabvpar.

I posted my 2nd runner-up finish in my KOTZ history. And I think the other one was Stud/8 which is kind of weird...
might have been O/8...I lost to William as I recall although it was really just a matter of hanging on long enough to claim 2nd place money in that one.

Anyway, par and I were both kings of the suck-outs.

Our heads-up battle at the end lasted about 40 minutes I believe...and we weren't exactly playing slow. Must have had a ton of hands in there.

I fell down to almost 6:1 underdog and would battle my way back to even.
Did this about 3 times I think before finally succumbing.

He who wins the last suck-out wins the whole thing.

Is 1:40am-ish (eastern) one of the latest KOTZ finishes we have had?

All you guys who weren't rail-birding us sure missed some intense limit-stud-kotz heads-up drama!!!
Quite the battle it was.

My apologies to everyone who I had some really ugly suck-outs on to either knock-out or seriously cripple (and there were several).
I certainly didn't deserve to last as long as I did.

Sheriff Fatman 04-22-2005 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stud-hi will not be back until next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never has so much joy been generated from so few words.

Congrats to those in the money. I probably had the honour of losing to the biggest hand of the night - Colson's 4 to a Jack high straight flush in 4 did get there!

Sheriff