Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Too aggressive?? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=224496)

peachy 04-01-2005 10:30 PM

Too aggressive??

Preflop: Peach is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, Peach calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls, Peach calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Peach 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, SB calls, BB folds, Peach calls.

Turn: (12 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Peach bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Peach 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, SB calls, Peach calls.

River: (24 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Peach bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 27 BB

Bigdaddydvo 04-01-2005 10:36 PM

Re: Too aggressive??

zillion outs to make a winner by the river...no reason for you to slow down. I like it.

jason_t 04-01-2005 10:37 PM

No. You have the second nut flush draw and an open-ended straight draw, either end of which will be the nuts.

I think you may have succeeded in going for a river check/raise though.

Nice hand.

gaming_mouse 04-01-2005 10:39 PM

Peach, you have got it! NH.

KDawgCometh 04-02-2005 12:35 AM

umm to answer the title of your thread, nope. You played this just fine. Pump that pot with the gaggle of draws. I like how you played it. I don't think you would've been able to CR this river considering all of the flop and turn action. If the CO really wanted to he could've raised you and you then could've threebet the river. IN fact I'm a little surprised the the CO didn't raise the river since they have been rasing and capping the whole way

CallMeIshmael 04-02-2005 01:25 AM

I really dig it.

But, I do agree with Jason that a strong case can be made for a river CR, because he is almost certainly going to bet the river after he capped the turn.

He bets, sb is trapped for 1 bet, then you pop.

But, at the same time, he might also raise your bet, so you can 3-bet.

Probably close either way. I say NH.

Btw, you are 0.8-1 to come in by the river, so you can raise 1 player for equity. This flop action is A.OK.

masonx 04-02-2005 01:38 AM

line = good

adamstewart 04-02-2005 01:38 AM

*yawn* - standard.

[ QUOTE ]
Too aggressive??

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope this only refers to the flop, and that you aren't questioning your turn play ....

Adam

chesspain 04-02-2005 01:50 AM

The preflop play would be easier to assess if you had given any reads or any other way to actually judge this hand in context--like the location, the limits, etc.

jason_t 04-02-2005 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that she is more likely to succeed in a river check/raise than being raised by the villian here. After the incredible strength he has shown (he cold-capped the flop!), she is still betting into him on the river. On this last street, unless he is maniac, he is going to slow down. But if she feigns weakness by checking to him, he will probably bet.

Evan 04-02-2005 01:53 AM

Check raise the turn.

KDawgCometh 04-02-2005 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that she is more likely to succeed in a river check/raise than being raised by the villian here. After the incredible strength he has shown (he cold-capped the flop!), she is still betting into him on the river. On this last street, unless he is maniac, he is going to slow down. But if she feigns weakness by checking to him, he will probably bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

good point. stats or reads on the villian would help a lot here to determine hte best play

adamstewart 04-02-2005 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know... INITIALLY, is there strong enough reason to believe that CO will bet this turn?

Adam

PaultheS 04-02-2005 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that she is more likely to succeed in a river check/raise than being raised by the villian here.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. i'm not even sure if AA is going to raise you here.

Evan 04-02-2005 01:59 AM

He raised preflop and cold capped the flop on a 2 broadway board, how bad of a card can an offsuit king be for him?

PaultheS 04-02-2005 02:08 AM

yeah, i think CO is definitely betting this, but i still don't like the check-raise. there's a good chance he's going to raise you if you bet, and also not much of a chance that he's playing back again if you check-raise.

Evan 04-02-2005 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
there's a good chance he's going to raise you if you bet

[/ QUOTE ]
Really?

PaultheS 04-02-2005 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Really?

[/ QUOTE ]

he cold capped the flop, this has gotta be AA, JJ, or maybe AJ. i think both AA and JJ raise here.

Evan 04-02-2005 02:17 AM

When you bet into someone that just showed that much strength they get very passive with a lot of very, very strong hands.

mtdoak 04-02-2005 02:33 AM

With 3 callers, you have 15 clean outs to give you the win. Go nuts on that flop. And (obviously) go nuts on the turn.

JoshuaD 04-02-2005 02:34 AM

Looks good to me. I agree with Jason_t on the river though, looks awfully tempting to check-raise.

peachy 04-02-2005 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Really?

[/ QUOTE ]

he cold capped the flop, this has gotta be AA, JJ, or maybe AJ. i think both AA and JJ raise here.

[/ QUOTE ]

he had niether

peachy 04-02-2005 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks good to me. I agree with Jason_t on the river though, looks awfully tempting to check-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would have but he went from very aggressive with bets to a lil passive...i didnt wanna chance it...but that was prolly wrong [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

edtost 04-02-2005 04:46 AM

ni han.

mr magoo 04-02-2005 05:23 AM

I think I would have fold preflop, is that very bad?

jason_t 04-02-2005 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

PokerBob 04-02-2005 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Peach is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, Peach calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls, Peach calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Peach 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, SB calls, BB folds, Peach calls.

Turn: (12 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Peach bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Peach 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, SB calls, Peach calls.

River: (24 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Peach bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 27 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not nuts about the pf limp, but I'm too tight. the rest is standard.

jason_t 04-02-2005 06:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not nuts about the pf limp, but I'm too tight. the rest is standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are your numbers? I thought I was among the tightest here and this is an easy limp for me.

Edit: I see you just posted your 30k numbers. I'll look at those.

Carmine 04-02-2005 06:57 AM

So on the flop you guys definatly feel the pot is big enough that we should start thinning the field rather than worry about keeping players in for when our draw hits. I only ask because it is very possible to lose CO when faced with 3 cold(even though he was the initial raiser) and to a slightly lessor extent the SB when faced with two more.

I almost feel that it can be a situation where CO might fold to a 3-bet or 3-bet himself if we just called the flop raise then allowing us to cap a trapped field espesially when two of our three draws are to the nuts. Is there any reason to thin the field to "clean up some outs". As a Q or T falling is not going to win this for us. The only hand we would like to fold(set) of course will not.

sthief09 04-02-2005 07:11 AM

raise yourself on the river. you have the nuts

purnell 04-02-2005 07:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is rather trite. QTs is a marginal hand in this situation, very playable (for one bet) IF you can be fairly sure that:

1) The pot won't be raised behind you.
2) There will be at least four players seeing the flop.

This hand depends on high implied odds to be profitable. If the game is loose AND passive preflop, it will probably show a profit. However, in a tough game, it is usually not worth playing. (See Malmouth's "Poker Essays", page 120) (Essay Title "Marginal Hands?")

That said, I'd like to add that I think peaches played this hand extremely well. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

sthief09 04-02-2005 07:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the follow through bet here since it's 3-way. 4-way I'd want to check raise. I just feel like you get lots more action. check raising pretty much tells him to not 3-bet. a bet just looks like a continuation of the flop pissing match. the SB also called 4 bets on the flop. I'd be surprised to see him fold for 2 more bets

peachy 04-02-2005 09:05 PM

im generally a very tight player and yes ill play this from there depending on the table...plus if i hadnt played it people woulda yelled at me sayin im too tight...it just happened to work out THIS time

gaming_mouse 04-02-2005 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im generally a very tight player and yes ill play this from there depending on the table...plus if i hadnt played it people woulda yelled at me sayin im too tight...it just happened to work out THIS time

[/ QUOTE ]

Peach, on another topic, I vote for you to change your avatar back to the pink-winged angel.

peachy 04-02-2005 09:40 PM

hahah i will soon...someone asked me to use this...so i did for a bit