Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   check-raising tommy angelo is back (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=218097)

pacecar 03-22-2005 05:36 PM

check-raising tommy angelo is back

20-40 at LC

Tommy is UTG+1 and open-raises

LAG in MP three-bets

Clueless in LP calls

everyone folds back to tommy who calls

flop is something like A Q 7

check check check

turn is a 3

tommy checks, LAG bets, clueless folds, tommy check-raises, LAG calls

river is a rag

tommy bets, LAG calls, tommy shows 33

welcome back tommy

PassiveCaller 03-22-2005 05:43 PM

Re: check-raising tommy angelo is back

something tells me tommy never stopped check-raising....

Boris 03-22-2005 05:46 PM

Tommy is probably too polite to say anything but it is bad manners to post about another poster's hand w/o permission.

imported_stealthcow 03-22-2005 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
20-40 at LC

Tommy is UTG+1 and open-raises

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

tommy bets, LAG calls, tommy shows 33

[/ QUOTE ]

what?

stealthcow-

mike l. 03-22-2005 07:14 PM

"it is bad manners to post about another poster's hand w/o permission."

i disagree. hands played in public are public domain. polite has nothing to do with it.

Tommy Angelo 03-22-2005 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i disagree. hands played in public are public domain. polite has nothing to do with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike, you are so unbelievably totally wrong here. It's not about hands played. It's about whereabouts and goings on. Do you think a guy who lied to his wife and stiffed his bookie should have his location and bankroll revealed on the internet by a stranger?

Tommy

GuyOnTilt 03-22-2005 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know for a fact that Tommy always gives other posters this courtesy before posting something that contains their location or whereabouts. No clue whether he wants the same given to him, but I would suspect he does.

GoT

mike l. 03-22-2005 08:11 PM

"Do you think a guy who lied to his wife and stiffed his bookie should have his location and bankroll revealed on the internet by a stranger?"

i didnt even read the whole sentence above just cut and pasted after i saw lied to wife and bookie.

all i know is if im at commerce and see some hand and andy fox tables some donkeyed out turd or brilliant triple checkraise freakout im marching right to the nearest laptop and posting it, no permission required.

mike l. 03-22-2005 08:15 PM

"posting something that contains their location or whereabouts."

oh yeah i see what he's saying. was there time or location on this one? im not gonna check, but i figure if some guy's degenerate enough to be on here posting every day enough that i know who he is, im posting a hand and not thinking much about it.

anyway youre a celebrity tommy so i might ask you cause youre a friend, but to others around town youre just some celebrity pro player.

pokerjo22 03-22-2005 08:37 PM

You lied to you wife AND stiffed your bookie? That's just plain wrong.

bobbyi 03-22-2005 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You lied to you wife AND stiffed your bookie? That's just plain wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
His wife is his bookie.

Gabe 03-22-2005 09:16 PM

yeah, i thought you were my friend, but that hasn't stopped you.

pacecar 03-23-2005 01:13 AM

just making sure there's some truth in advertising on this forum

the PAGs i know dont three-bet pre-flop with QJs

but call what you want

James282 03-23-2005 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.
-James

andyfox 03-23-2005 01:40 AM

Well, you're wrong here, mike. It's simple common courtesy. Supposing a 2+2er flirted with a waitress and I jokingly said something about it here, using the poster's name. Now his wife or girlfriend reads it. It's not right.

You don't know who knows what I (or other posters) do or when I do it or who knows about it. To use a poster's name without his permission is wrong.

Boris 03-23-2005 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just making sure there's some truth in advertising on this forum

the PAGs i know dont three-bet pre-flop with QJs

but call what you want

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what you're talking about.

lostinthought 03-23-2005 06:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, you're wrong here, mike. It's simple common courtesy. Supposing a 2+2er flirted with a waitress and I jokingly said something about it here, using the poster's name. Now his wife or girlfriend reads it. It's not right.

You don't know who knows what I (or other posters) do or when I do it or who knows about it. To use a poster's name without his permission is wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this all avoided by having a handle rather than using your real name?

Hmm.. and those that wish to have anonymity should exercise it in public forums?

mike l. 03-23-2005 07:19 AM

"Well, you're wrong here, mike. It's simple common courtesy."

well i disagree. it seems fine to me. what if i see some guy online and watch him play a hand (and for the sake of simplicity his handle here and his online name are the same) and now i decide the hand was interesting so i post it and divulge who played it because he's a popular writer on here. that's poor manners?

"Supposing a 2+2er flirted with a waitress and I jokingly said something about it here, using the poster's name."

oh get real that's obviously way way different than what we're talking about here. why not just go way overboard and say "supposing i see michael davis and gabe murder a couple hookers in the back alley behind the commerce and then i go post it on 2+2, man talk about rude".

besides no one's dumb enough to use their real first and last name on here as their handle.

sublime 03-23-2005 09:14 AM

Do you think a guy who lied to his wife and stiffed his bookie should have his location and bankroll revealed on the internet by a stranger?

your married?

sublime 03-23-2005 09:16 AM

beat me to it jo. i am contemplating moving to socal, can i count on you for a guided tour of some of the finer resteraunts?

Tommy Angelo 03-23-2005 10:38 AM

mike,

Let's back up.

I do not mind even the tiniest bit if anyone posts of my whereabouts or betting and that's because it is impossible for me to be harmed by anything that happens on 2+2 and that's because I have no secrets, and shamelessly little shame.

But that's me. This isn't about me.

You wrote: "hands played in public are public domain"

You feel it's okay for you if you want to post on here about where specific people are and what they did, even people you've never talked to or have any idea if they would mind, and you feel it's okay for anyone esle to do the same. (I'm talking brick-and-mortar only here, as when this discussion started).

But that's you. This isn't about you.

It's about the code of the road. It's way bigger and older than either of us mike. I hope you learn about it easier and faster than I did.

Tommy

Gabe 03-23-2005 10:52 AM

what did michael davis tell you about those hookers?

AviD 03-23-2005 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what did michael davis tell you about those hookers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well baby... me so horney... me so horney... me love you, long time... you party?

Gabe 03-23-2005 11:37 AM

michael davis was slapping them around a bit and things kind of got out of hand.

bicyclekick 03-23-2005 12:00 PM

Buncha Nits. Who gives a [censored]. The guy played a 20/40 hand at Lucky chances. What's new. He talks about it all the time.

People see people like ivey and make comments about that kind of stuff.

That's what happens when you're sort of a celebrity. People talk about things you did....but it's not like he said "940pm mar 19 20/40 at lc". Even if he did, meh.

People talk about eachother all the time on here, doesn't matter to anyone. I'm sure i'm rubbing quite a few the wrong way with this...but this just seems so overboard.

pokerjo22 03-23-2005 12:39 PM

The Boston winter finely getting to you? I predict your desire to move will last until April 3rd.

But yes, if you're my way you can count on a tour of the finer restaurants in the Bay Area, or at the very least, dinner at AJs.

sublime 03-23-2005 01:00 PM

The Boston winter finely getting to you? I predict your desire to move will last until April 3rd.

april 13th is more like it. its my first game at fenway for the season [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

But yes, if you're my way you can count on a tour of the finer restaurants in the Bay Area, or at the very least, dinner at AJs.

i cant wait [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

MMMMMM 03-23-2005 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't say it is wrong, exactly, but...it is not real nice, not cool, a bit disrespectful, kind of crude to post the hands and names of players without checking to see if it's OK.

M2d 03-23-2005 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the very least, dinner at AJs.

[/ QUOTE ]
go eat across the street at the chinese restaurant. it's the least you could do for someone you don't absolutely hate.

mike l. 03-23-2005 04:49 PM

"It's about the code of the road. It's way bigger and older than either of us mike. I hope you learn about it easier and faster than I did."

dad,

thank you.

love, your son,
mike

Michael Davis 03-23-2005 05:06 PM

"You don't know who knows what I (or other posters) do or when I do it or who knows about it. To use a poster's name without his permission is wrong."

What about snakehead posting a hand with Phil Hellmuth? Does it matter that Hellmuth doesn't post here? Is that justified by Hellmuth's celebrity status? Doesn't Tommy Angelo write for articles and maintain a poker website?

-Michael

mike l. 03-23-2005 05:34 PM

"Doesn't Tommy Angelo write for articles and maintain a poker website?"

right. i said elsewhere that he's like a minor celebrity around here. so it's different, or at least perceived as different by some.

cmon lmd back me up on here, show us some of that grad school logic theyve been pumping you with over there.

Alexthegreat 03-23-2005 06:43 PM

If TA gives a rats ass about it, he should let us know that he doesn't apprieciate it when we post about him without his permission...

Seeing as there are only like 3 or 4 posters that are actually celeb enough that other posters want to post hands they saw them play, I figure this won't come up that often....

So, Tommy? DOES this really bother you?? Or are you just fighting the good fight for the sake of....

bicyclekick 03-23-2005 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seeing as there are only like 3 or 4 posters that are actually celeb enough that other posters want to post hands they saw them play, I figure this won't come up that often....

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd be suprised. There are tons of people that are talked about regaurding hands played together that aren't remotely celebrity. It just adds information and often makes threads more interesting I dunno.

Alexthegreat 03-23-2005 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd be suprised. There are tons of people that are talked about regaurding hands played together that aren't remotely celebrity. It just adds information and often makes threads more interesting I dunno.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just meant in this type of sensationalized format....

"Extra Extra Read all about it...Clarkmeister STILL 3-bet bluffs the river...Late last night at the Miragio 35-70, local card shark Clark Meister was seen putting in 3-bets on the river with an unimproved Jack and Duece of different suits!"

pokerjo22 03-23-2005 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Clark Meister was seen putting in 3-bets on the river with an unimproved Jack and Duece of different suits!

[/ QUOTE ]

would that be news?

Roy Hobbs 03-23-2005 08:05 PM

Boris, I know you well enough that I wouldn't post something on this board with your permission. But let's say that someone pointed you out to me and said "Hey, that's Boris. From 2+2." And I had never spoken to you in my life. I would have no qualms about posting a hand that you played if I thought it was interesting. I think this comes down to a personal relationship courtesy issue, not a "gamblers courtesy" or a "2+2 courtesy" issue.

RH

Boris 03-23-2005 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But let's say that someone pointed you out to me and said "Hey, that's Boris. From 2+2." And I had never spoken to you in my life. I would have no qualms about posting a hand that you played if I thought it was interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that happened I would go from being paranoid to being neurotic.