Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Error in SSH (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=199511)

imported_PP123 02-20-2005 07:26 PM

Error in SSH

Mason and Ed,

Not trying to be nitpicking, but I think I found this tiny, tiny error in SSH.

Pages 285-286

You have A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], the board is T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

The book states that you have 7 outs to the nuts.
I'd say you have 6.

Do I get a t-shirt? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

EliteNinja 02-20-2005 07:42 PM

Re: Error in SSH

lol, you're right.
Good job.
The 9 of spades gives the possibility of a straight flush being the nuts.

I'd say you can discount the nine to be 0.9999999 outs or so. So you only have 6.9999999 outs to the nuts.

miajag81 02-20-2005 07:48 PM

Uh, wouldn't it only be 4?

Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I will supply the mailing address for my T-shirt upon request.

imported_PP123 02-20-2005 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Uh, wouldn't it only be 4?

Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I will supply the mailing address for my T-shirt upon request.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. Missed the four and the deuce. Thought I was doing good [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

yeltzen 02-20-2005 08:01 PM

well*

imported_PP123 02-20-2005 08:01 PM

I guess Ed and Mason must have missed the straight flush possibility and I missed the full house/quads possibility.

imported_PP123 02-20-2005 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, you're right.
Good job.
The 9 of spades gives the possibility of a straight flush being the nuts.

I'd say you can discount the nine to be 0.9999999 outs or so. So you only have 6.9999999 outs to the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only the [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9, but also [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 and [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 gives the possibility of a straight flush.

Ed Miller 02-20-2005 09:03 PM

I guess Ed and Mason must have missed the straight flush possibility and I missed the full house/quads possibility.

Thank you for finding this. We'll fix it for the next printing. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

__Q__ 02-20-2005 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for finding this. We'll fix it for the next printing.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the meantime, our A-high flushes are just gonna have to keep losing out to straight flushes. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

captZEEbo1 02-20-2005 09:51 PM

I like to call those hands, the "relative" nuts, and just assume a hi flush losing to 2card straigt flush is rare enough to not worry about it.

splashpot 02-20-2005 10:13 PM

Another mistake, not really an error, just a typo. In my copy at least. On page 190 it says "Preflop Concepts Afterthough". Should be "Post flop Concepts Afterthough". Just something else to fix in the next printing.

cwsiggy 02-20-2005 11:35 PM

I noticed that too about the pre/post flop typo.

Kellon 02-21-2005 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Another mistake, not really an error, just a typo. In my copy at least. On page 190 it says "Preflop Concepts Afterthough (sic)". Should be "Post flop Concepts Afterthough (sic)". Just something else to fix in the next printing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta be careful when pointing out others' typos that you don't make one yourself when you do. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

splashpot 02-21-2005 12:05 PM

I was really in a rush when I made that post. I noticed my mistake after it was too late to edit it. Ehh, so no one is perfect.

Kellon 02-21-2005 12:44 PM

My guess would be that there was a serious head-slap ("How could I have missed that?! Argh!") somewhere at 2+2 after the book was printed. But the lesson for all of us -- and I most definately include myself -- might be "Don't be in a hurry to point out the mistakes of others." Eh?

miajag81 02-21-2005 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
definately

[/ QUOTE ]

haha

Kellon 02-21-2005 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
definately

[/ QUOTE ]

haha

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't spell that word to save my freakin' soul. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I must misspell it a dozen times a week.

If nothing else, I've proved my point, even if at my own expense. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Somebody please shoot me!

Freakin 02-21-2005 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
definately

[/ QUOTE ]

haha

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't spell that word to save my freakin' soul. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I must misspell it a dozen times a week.

If nothing else, I've proved my point, even if at my own expense. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Somebody please shoot me!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just look at the word finite. The phonetics make it much easier to spell.

Freakin

Kellon 02-21-2005 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Just look at the word finite. The phonetics make it much easier to spell.

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

As an act of total contrition, let me admit to having instructed myself in this very manner many times. I'm just too old or too stupid to actually learn it. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Maybe this bit of embarrassment will be the "final straw." (Or, maybe I should just quit using the word.)

Ed Miller 02-23-2005 08:32 PM

Another mistake, not really an error, just a typo. In my copy at least. On page 190 it says "Preflop Concepts Afterthough". Should be "Post flop Concepts Afterthough". Just something else to fix in the next printing.

This one is fixed in the Second Printing, which should be the one currently available.

Joe B. 02-23-2005 11:09 PM

what the latest version of SSH?

i just recently order SSH at Amazon like a few weeks ago and my copy says First Edition, First Printing July 2004