Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Banned at Poo Mountain (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=197136)

Brown Thumb 02-16-2005 06:12 PM

Banned at Poo Mountain

I am BrownThumb from UB, BigBet, AbsolutePoker, and many other sites. Anyone that has played with me knows I am a total jackass, but I have a lot of fun.

I raise almost every hand preflop, and most hands postflop. For some reason, this irritates many players. It shouldn't because I always lose my money (even after the times I run $50.00 up to $1,500). I always lose.

Anyway, I have been banned from Poker Mountain.

Initially, I had my chat blocked for typing "This place is Poo Mountain." I did not type any other insults to any of the other players. (Anyone who plays with me knows this is unusual because I smoke a lot of POT and start talking trash.) Anyways, at Poo Mountain, I was minding my manners.

My chat was blocked. So, without chatting, I managed to get banned because I was playing No Limit and I raised all-in every hand.

For some reason, this got a lot of complaints. I don't know why because I was losing and reloading. Everyone should have been having fun like me who was smoking pot.

Poo Mountain needs to liven up.

I will go back to losing my money at Absolute and UB.

[ QUOTE ]
Baulucky 02-16-2005 06:16 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

Time to sit on your brown thumb.

smartalecc5 02-16-2005 06:18 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

u deserve it brownthumb

Yads 02-16-2005 06:21 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

Is this a joke? What's with this rash of first time posters coming in and basing upstart sites?

Brown Thumb 02-16-2005 06:21 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

[ QUOTE ]
u deserve it brownthumb

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Because I smoke P.O.T.? What do you have against that?

What is wrong with going all-in every hand? I did not call anyone else names.

I am smoking P.O.T. right now.

gila 02-16-2005 06:24 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

Whether he deserves it or not for some other reason, he certainly does not deserve to get kicked off for going all-in every hand. That is an option on NL holdem.

Brown Thumb 02-16-2005 06:25 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

[ QUOTE ]
Is this a joke? What's with this rash of first time posters coming in and basing upstart sites?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you stupid? I got banned. I am just reporting the facts. One fact is that I smoke pot. One fact is that I typed into chat that "this is PooMountain." Another fact is that I had no chat and got banned for going all in every hand.

I still want to play at poo mountain, but my reinstatement request was denied.

I play a lot at Absolute and UB. I am a regular player and I always lose, but people make good money off me. I would think a site wants my business.

eric5148 02-16-2005 06:25 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

What's your screen name on UB?

Brown Thumb 02-16-2005 06:27 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

[ QUOTE ]
What's your screen name on UB?

[/ QUOTE ]

Brown Thumb

EliteNinja 02-16-2005 06:29 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

Yeah, going all-in all the time in NL is a legal move.
I don't see why one should get banned for it.

Caruso329 02-16-2005 06:31 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

This sounds like a sad attempt at a joke.

Oski 02-16-2005 06:36 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

What's your screen name on UB?

[/ QUOTE ]

Brown Thumb

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played with this guy many times. He also goes by Nick76 on Party and ThumbinMouth (as well as BrownThumb)on Absolute.

How do I know this? He always types in that he's smoking "P.O.T." and that he loves "P.O.T."

He caps the betting almost every hand preflop, then he bets the rest of the way most of the time. He eventually loses, but the whole table goes apesh!t over him and they start berating him.

He should be banned from most places because of his language, but here, it seems that he was banned even when his chat was already blocked.

Somebody here has to know the rest of the story.

usmfan 02-16-2005 06:36 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

Are you Dutch Boyd? Is this really about PokerStars?

Oski 02-16-2005 06:37 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

[ QUOTE ]
This sounds like a sad attempt at a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt he's joking. I've seen this clown in action and its just like he describes.

vegasforest 02-16-2005 06:38 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

OK, let me get this straight. You are a bad player. You play at a few established sites. You were banned from a new site, which is recently begining to pick up in volume, for being a bad player.

If bad players get booted from Poker Mountain for playing bad (while smoking lots of pot), why should I want to play there when I can play against the same bad players at UB and Absolute?

Ok, that's settles it. I'm not going to sign up at Poker Mountain. I'm not going to take advantage of their $500 sign up bonus. Instead, I'm going to go to UB and look for you. Why not? Afterall, Poker Mountain doesn't allow bad players on their site.

Wow, this sounds a bit like a smear campaign against Poker Mountain. So do you work for UB or Absolute... or both?

Brown Thumb 02-16-2005 06:41 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

[ QUOTE ]
OK, let me get this straight. You are a bad player. You play at a few established sites. You were banned from a new site, which is recently begining to pick up in volume, for being a bad player.

If bad players get booted from Poker Mountain for playing bad (while smoking lots of pot), why should I want to play there when I can play against the same bad players at UB and Absolute?

Ok, that's settles it. I'm not going to sign up at Poker Mountain. I'm not going to take advantage of their $500 sign up bonus. Instead, I'm going to go to UB and look for you. Why not? Afterall, Poker Mountain doesn't allow bad players on their site.

Wow, this sounds a bit like a smear campaign against Poker Mountain. So do you work for UB or Absolute... or both?

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, that is dumb. I still want to play at Poo Mountain. I have nothing against it at all.

[ QUOTE ]
Kumubou 02-16-2005 06:42 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

If they really banned you because you kept going all-in on every hand, that is a flat-out scrub thing to do. If someone else doesn't like it, they can move to another table (or go play pot limit or fixed limit). It's like people complaining about getting check-raised -- it's a perfectly viable strategy.

I can see why they would do that though -- as much as it is poor play on the other player's part, it's in the site's best interest to not have them get pissed off. Between having five people leave and one person leave, it's GGPO you.

However, I doubt we are getting the entire story here. If nothing else, who are you on Party Poker again? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-K

revots33 02-16-2005 06:43 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Nick,

As much as we appreciate your interest in playing at Pokermountain.com we do not tolerate the misbehavior of customers. When you come to the tables and insult others you represent bad business for us

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd have to see some chat transcripts to know whether you really were on your "best behavior". Judging by their response it sounds like you got banned for insulting other players, not for going all-in every hand.

Apologies if I'm misjudging, but something tells me you might have chatted a few things other than "This is Poo Mountain". I highly doubt that comment alone would get your chat turned off, and later get you banned altogether.

Brown Thumb 02-16-2005 06:44 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

I welcome Poo Mountain to add their side of the story here. I have nothing to hide.

I love P.O.T. and am smoking it right now. You should have some.

Caruso329 02-16-2005 06:46 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

This sounds like a sad attempt at a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt he's joking. I've seen this clown in action and its just like he describes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I apologize, this isn't a joke then. This is just sad.

But you know what. Whoever brought that point up about Poker Mountain not allowing bad players actually has a valid point. Anyone else up for lobbying against Poker (poo) Mountain and trying to get this guy his account back?

Brown Thumb 02-16-2005 06:47 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

There is a two-step process here.

1. I got my chat banned. I usually am very vulgar and nasty, but I only remember typing in that "this is Poo Mountain." I really don't think I typed anything else.

2. AFTER my chat was turned off, I started raising all-in every hand. This got me banned (I could not chat at all during this episode).

I was smoking pot, so I might not be completely clear on this.

I asked Poo MOuntain to sent me chat transcripts and they responded as I have posted above.

I am really interested to see what they say.

Again, I want to play at Poo Mountain again. I even set up another account and have been playing today. But, I like my BrownThumb name and I want it back.

Pokeraddict 02-16-2005 06:48 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

I've played Brown Thumb at 3 of the described rooms. He is funny but can be quite abrasive at times as he admits in his post. He does raise preflop every time, and go all in like that. He ccould call people mf every hand (he may have at some point) but the fact that he creates so much action and thus so much rake makes them idiots for banning him. Any table Brown thumb is on is a great table to be on no matter how much dope he has smoked.

IMO Poker Mountain has made a huge mistake. The tables there were tight and he came some action. He acts like an ass couple of times but then creates massive action at a NL table and they kick him and his money away.

DIDNT YOU WANT FISH???? Is this how you treat them?

Maybe Luckybrit would come to help us understand this policy. If his chat was banned then banning him is something I dont think anyone can understand.

tdarko 02-16-2005 06:48 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

about 5 months ago a player named "spknsptnk" (or something close to that) was doing this on UB and made me about a grand in a week or so, sure am glad UB doesnt ban players like this. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Brown Thumb 02-16-2005 06:51 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

[ QUOTE ]

However, I doubt we are getting the entire story here. If nothing else, who are you on Party Poker again? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-K

[/ QUOTE ]

I am Nick76 on Party. I usually play shorthanded 5/10. When I win, I bump it up and go to 10/20 and sometimes 15/30. I always lose though because I raise every hand.

Pokeraddict 02-16-2005 06:51 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

Again, I want to play at Poo Mountain again. I even set up another account and have been playing today. But, I like my BrownThumb name and I want it back.

I would be real careful about this but in the mean time im on my way! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

moondogg 02-16-2005 06:53 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

[ QUOTE ]
I welcome Poo Mountain to add their side of the story here. I have nothing to hide.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why on earth would the bother. You are less than then irrelevant to them.

[ QUOTE ]

I love P.O.T. and am smoking it right now. You should have some.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your gimmick blows. Try something else.

tdarko 02-16-2005 06:54 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

[ QUOTE ]
I am Nick76 on Party. I usually play shorthanded 5/10. When I win, I bump it up and go to 10/20 and sometimes 15/30. I always lose though because I raise every hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
are you some trust fund baby or something? where do you get the bread to consistantly lose at these levels, personal i know but very curious.

BusterStacks 02-16-2005 06:56 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

you seem like a weird dude.

Caruso329 02-16-2005 06:57 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

[ QUOTE ]
But you know what. Whoever brought that point up about Poker Mountain not allowing bad players actually has a valid point. Anyone else up for lobbying against Poker (poo) Mountain and trying to get this guy his account back?

[/ QUOTE ]

No one?

moondogg 02-16-2005 06:58 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

But you know what. Whoever brought that point up about Poker Mountain not allowing bad players actually has a valid point. Anyone else up for lobbying against Poker (poo) Mountain and trying to get this guy his account back?

[/ QUOTE ]

No one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Call me crazy, but I don't buy that the story was this simple. It just doesn't add up, IMHO.

tdarko 02-16-2005 06:59 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

[ QUOTE ]
you seem like a weird dude.

[/ QUOTE ]
haha understatement of the year [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Caruso329 02-16-2005 07:01 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

Which is why we should get greatbrit (Poker Mountain's 2+2 rep) in here and fill us in on the juicy details.

usmfan 02-16-2005 07:01 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

I'm not lobbying on behalf of someone when I probably don't know half the story. In general, I don't think someone should be banned for reckless betting. If anything, I should be alerted as to their behavior.

Brown Thumb 02-16-2005 07:20 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

I am Nick76 on Party. I usually play shorthanded 5/10. When I win, I bump it up and go to 10/20 and sometimes 15/30. I always lose though because I raise every hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
are you some trust fund baby or something? where do you get the bread to consistantly lose at these levels, personal i know but very curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I am a salesman. I have to travel a lot and I get bored so I smoke pot and play online poker.

I lose all the time. I have never cashed out.

I travel to Vegas a lot and gamble pretty heavy, but sometimes I win at craps, blackjack or Caribbean Stud.

pot and gambling is an expensive habit. I like poker the best, but it cost me the most.

I don't care what you think about it, it is my way of having fun.

I don't ever complain about stuff, but being banned from Poo Mountain for betting all-in all the time is silly. I would think they would want my action.

Brown Thumb 02-16-2005 07:22 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

[ QUOTE ]
Which is why we should get greatbrit (Poker Mountain's 2+2 rep) in here and fill us in on the juicy details.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, get him in here. I did not get a real detailed answer from them.

Greatbrit, I give you permission to post my chat or any hand history of my play at Shite Mountain.

tdarko 02-16-2005 07:23 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

it is strange yes, but i wasn't questioning you at all just wondering how you have the dough for those games is all, oh and are you BrownThumb on UB??

Brown Thumb 02-16-2005 07:25 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

[ QUOTE ]
it is strange yes, but i wasn't questioning you at all just wondering how you have the dough for those games is all, oh and are you BrownThumb on UB??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, dude. For the third time, now. I am BrownThumb on UB. YOu need some P.O.T. to help you read.

Caruso329 02-16-2005 07:31 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

I'm interested to see how this pans out, so I PMed greatbrit.

[ QUOTE ]
Your presence is requested at this thread regarding Poker Mountain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokeraddict 02-16-2005 07:36 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

He posted 10 minutes ago in another thread so they are around. I am curious myself.

tdarko 02-16-2005 07:39 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, dude. For the third time, now. I am BrownThumb on UB. YOu need some P.O.T. to help you read.

[/ QUOTE ]
calm down there cowboy, the reason i asked is cause i put you on the UB buddy list and it came up "name does not exist," so obviously you need to rethink your stories or smoke some real [censored]. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]