Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What happened to the winning rocks at Pokerroom.com? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=169103)

lefty rosen 12-31-2004 06:33 AM

What happened to the winning rocks at Pokerroom.com?

This was the first site I played at regulary and won. It will always have a soft spot in my heart for that.... What I don't understand is they had a core of winning low limit players who played totally by a sklansky handchart who used to feast on players who played like Party .5/1 full or 1/2 short players and most are gone now does anybody know what happened to them? Did some bust out because the 1/2 games are no longer extremely soft because they started true micro limit games? Also I remember Goldenhawk who was the 2/4 short rock and he no longer plays there and I saw one of their highstakes players wondering around 2/4 short Joey Luck he only played 10/20 short or higher. The site seems upside down ever since I left........ [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

IndieMatty 12-31-2004 11:36 AM

Re: What happened to the winning rocks at Pokerroom.com?

On a similar note, I used to Play at Paradise, and I just started going back and I don't see anyone on there I used to play with/banter with. There were some actually really good people on there.

ctv1116 12-31-2004 12:05 PM

Yep, Paradise was my first site as well. The rocks eventually flow to the fish pool.

Cleveland Guy 12-31-2004 12:26 PM

I think some of them are still there.

I think a big difference is that about 6 months ago, a good night online was 5-6000 people, now at prime time they are up around 10-12,000.

So not that the rocks aren't there, but there are more fish in the pool along with the rocks.

I still find it a great site to take some easy winnings from - so stay away from my tables.

HUSKER'66 12-31-2004 12:41 PM

It's called the cycle of life.

Kind of like when you move way from your old town and go back a few years later. It's just never the same...people move on, players move on.

Buck up....it's going to be okay. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Jeffage 12-31-2004 01:10 PM

A lot of the former regulars there (myself included) have moved on to greener pastures at Party. I still occasionally pop in for some 10-20 or 25-50 action here and there.

Jeff

largeeyes 12-31-2004 03:24 PM

I grind out the bonuses there with 1/2, and I think lunchmoney must play 18 hours a day, 7 days a week and has for months and months.

Billy Baroo 12-31-2004 03:35 PM

With all the talk about poker bots, I'd say lunchmoney on Poker Room is the most likely to actually be a bot. Plays all day long almost every day, never chats, always at the same limit and site.

largeeyes 12-31-2004 03:46 PM

I'd have to agree. The hours that guy/girl/thing puts in is amazing.

Non_Comformist 12-31-2004 04:09 PM

Other Poker room rocks/bits

Lunchmoney was a good one

Anyone remember Frapandoff?

playersare 12-31-2004 04:29 PM

pokerroom was my first as well, since I only had a mac machine at the time (have since added a dedicated PC on the side just for poker and whoring in general).

can't say that I was a "rock" but I was two tabling 1/2 and 2/4 several hours every night and on the weekends.

still practicing my skills at the time so I was probably down about 2BB/hour overall. made most of it back on a fluke Let It Ride session during their cash giveaway promo, didn't get a spot prize but was dealt 4OAK for a $200 hit.

now that I can whore a Party, TGC, Stars and UB all day, the pokerroom deals in comparison are quite slim. rarely any reload bonuses, and virtually no use for player points if you don't enter their weekly freerolls. at the very least they should let you exchange points for their ugly pokerroom gear. but they don't.

because it is java compatible and I can play on someone else's computer without installing anything, I leave $100 in there just in case I catch the poker bug while I'm away from home.

but there's really no reason to keep supporting them with such superior competition out there.

lefty rosen 12-31-2004 04:42 PM

That guy is a joke, I thought he was a bot myself he does play long hours, he is like knish........ [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

lefty rosen 12-31-2004 04:46 PM

One reason why I won't go back, they sliced up their games by offering the junk micro limits and 1/2 short(the 2/4 was really good before that)also their rakeback was cool, but it was obviously only because they didn't have a decent player base beyond the rocks like Lunchmoney and Watchin and others.....

lefty rosen 12-31-2004 07:35 PM

Re: Other Poker room rocks/bits

Yes I remember him but he wasn't much of a player why? His wife used to play his account and she loved chasing it down so to speak....... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]