Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Hooray for Empire (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=158668)

Jurollo 12-07-2004 02:42 PM

Hooray for Empire

Got an email this morning that said I have been awarded 5,000 EP points and bumped up to VIP status, which is pretty cool considering I only had 531 accumulated. Thanks empire!
~Justin

GoblinMason (Craig) 12-07-2004 03:02 PM

Re: Hooray for Empire

Why does this happpen to everyone but me? I have about 1000 and haven't been bumped. Anyone have any idea how they decide to bump?

BusterStacks 12-07-2004 03:21 PM

w00t! me too! I just ordered a bunch of bad quality crap!

GoblinMason (Craig) 12-07-2004 03:22 PM

I feel so left out. I emailed vips@empire and we'll see what they say. I want my quality crap too.

real843 12-07-2004 07:33 PM

Congratulations. You have just entered the crappiest VIP program there is...

Rhone 12-07-2004 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations. You have just entered the crappiest VIP program there is...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, I got the e-mail too, and just ordered a few free books. I'm not complaining. I like free stuff. What do some of the other programs give you?

SomethingClever 12-07-2004 08:21 PM

GODDAMN IT I HAVE 1500 POINTS AND I HAVEN'T GOTTEN THIS YET!

Thus concludes my first all-caps post ever.

Schneids 12-07-2004 08:26 PM

And when you get to 15,000 points they give you this really spiffy watch that was so spiffy Stripsqueez was willing to give it away to a 2+2er.

However, I do actually wear my Empire watch they sent. It is a Citizen watch and looks pretty good IMO.

MicroBob 12-07-2004 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thus concludes my first all-caps post ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmm.....no it doesn't. LOL

FWIW - Try writing to vip@empire.com (I think that's the address) and asking.
Couldn't hurt.

I'm trying to push my way to the Royal Flush club (15k points) where you get a 10% reload every month.
I have 12k points right now and the bulk of my play is on empire now so I think I can make it in 2 or 3 mths.

VIP is really not that great of a club....but I think their WSOP tourneys (for 2k points) are decent value..and they also have the 2k-points tourney for the Porsche coming up.

Anyway....it's not exactly mind-blowingly great....but it's still better than nothing.

stripsqueez 12-07-2004 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And when you get to 15,000 points they give you this really spiffy watch that was so spiffy Stripsqueez was willing to give it away to a 2+2er

[/ QUOTE ]

the fact i was giving it away had nothing to do with the watch - i'm something of a luddite - i dont use mobile phones, sun glasses, or umbrellas, and i dont wear a watch

i gave my watch away to a gear freak freind who was excited about it as its an eco-drive - that apparently means it doesnt use batteries - he tells me that it is a good quality watch

i got an e-mail from empire last week to confirm they have shipped me a free TV - should arrive anytime soon - to get the TV you need to accumulate 25,000 VIP points and as i havent spent any i have around double that - TV's i use but i already have 4 of them in my house (i like to watch TV while i cook) - would it be morally wrong to convert it to my sisters xmas present ?

i think the empire VIP program is great - sure the method of calculation is bizarre to a serious player but i'm gratified that they do something substantial to reward loyal and high volume customers

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

MicroBob 12-07-2004 09:05 PM

That's awesome that you got the TV.
I'm hoping to get that at some point too.
I don't think it would be THAT bad to give it as an X-Mas present if you're already in good shape TV-wise.

BTW - I learned that you are allowed to spend your VIP points and still get credit to make it to 15k or 25k or whatever.

I spent my first 2k points last week (on the WSOP tourney).
now my account shows that I have 10k 'available' VIP points and that I have 12k 'accumulated' VIP points.
So when I have 15k 'accumulated' points I'll be in the VIP club....even though I'll be spending some of those points along the way.

I was saving mine up like you until I learned that they now distinguish between 'accumulated' and 'total available' points.

berya 12-08-2004 12:41 AM

"would it be morally wrong to convert it to my sisters xmas present ?"

I vote no it's not morally wrong. It's not a bad TV. She'll probably like it. It's a 32inch Toshiba, not flat but does not look bad at all. They order it for you thru Amazon and it goes for about ~$320.

grinin 12-08-2004 04:07 AM

It appears that empire will award the 5000 points to players who have had considerable volume over a short period of time. I was awarded 5000 points in late November on an account which I started on 10/17/04. For the last half of October I had very little activity (under 3K hands). However for November I had 15K hands and played about 5 days a week.

From previous posts on this subject I recall that many multitablers, who got in a lot of hands for the month were simply awarded the 5000 points. Basically if your play indicates that you are using empire as your number one site and you are a high volume player, they usually will bump you to the 5000 points.

Festus22 12-08-2004 07:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm trying to push my way to the Royal Flush club (15k points) where you get a 10% reload every month.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw this on their Royal Flush FAQ page but it didn't list a maximum. I assume it's probably up to $x max but do you know what x is?

ThrillFactor 12-08-2004 07:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
w00t! me too! I just ordered a bunch of bad quality crap!

[/ QUOTE ]

the polo shirt is actually really nice. Many compliments on it so far.

MicroBob 12-08-2004 07:21 AM

I think someone mentioned it was 10% up to $100...not sure.

There have also been reports of difficulties receiving their $100 bonus after putting in there super-special royal-flush-club code.
but I think a couple of those reported that it just took a couple day (or longer) to actually have the bonus show-up in the account.

so it seems there are fewer and fewer who are claiming that they are getting screwed on the royal-flush-club 10% bonus.
But there were 2 or 3 people making such claims here a couple months ago I think.

JustPlayingSmart 12-08-2004 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It appears that empire will award the 5000 points to players who have had considerable volume over a short period of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. I played 5,200 hands this weekend (I had not played on Empire in over a month and had previously accumulated like 600 VIP points), and Monday I was upgraded to VIP status.

BusterStacks 12-08-2004 04:44 PM

Anyone have a good picture of the watch? Does it say Empire Poker on it? Also, its 15k accumulated, right? So I can spend the points I get. At this rate I should be in the Royal Flush club within 5 years.

Sandstone 12-08-2004 05:28 PM

Wow. 5 Years? I was just gonna will my E-Points to my future grandchildren and let them continue the quest.

null 12-08-2004 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Got an email this morning that said I have been awarded 5,000 EP points and bumped up to VIP status, which is pretty cool considering I only had 531 accumulated. Thanks empire!
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

I just checked my VIP points because of this thread and I'm now a VIP member despite never getting an email about it! Woohoo! I was nowhere near 5000 when they bumped me up, either. It says I earned 572 in the last 30 days.

SomethingClever 12-08-2004 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played 5,200 hands this weekend

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.

Well, I've played probably close to 4K in the last week, and that's a ton for me. I should get bumped up too!

crockpot 12-08-2004 09:08 PM

what\'s your secret?

1400 EPoints and counting, and more than 200 earned in the last month, and they aren't bumping me up.

it feels like time to fire an email at them.

AA suited 12-10-2004 03:33 PM

Re: what\'s your secret?

vip@empire.com no longer working?

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

vip@empire.com

Technical details of failure:
PERM_FAILURE: DNS Error: DNS server returned answer with no data

anyone else having this problem?

AncientPC 12-10-2004 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
vip@empire.com no longer working?

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

vip@empire.com

Technical details of failure:
PERM_FAILURE: DNS Error: DNS server returned answer with no data

anyone else having this problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

You might want to try vip@empirepoker.com

CUonCRUISE 12-12-2004 01:58 PM

Screw it,I just started playing at Empire and put in a quick 3000+ raked hands and sent them an e-mail for the bump up. Got nothing to lose. I told them I am a high volume player who plays almost every day on multi tables and want to make Empire my home. Good luck to me, will report. I just want to play the WSOP freerolls. Anyone know how many played the last VIP WSOP freeroll?

Uglyowl 12-12-2004 02:10 PM

Play 500,000 raked hands per day for a week straight and you are there. No need to ask.