Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   A free heads up display (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=148104)

amirpc 11-11-2004 10:46 PM

A free heads up display

Well guys we were gonna charge 10 bucks for this but we're not going to bother anymore.

SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS.

It will work for any partypoker skin, eurobet, partypoker, intertops, etc, etc.

Let us know if you like the program or if you have trouble, if you do have trouble you can reach me by either posting here or e-mailing me at aelaguiz@cs.uiowa.edu, or using AIM to IM l0lnix.

If you do like the program you need to let us know, the only way me and CT11 know that you guys will indeed use this and it is worth our time is by the feedback you give us.

You guys designed this, we just programmed it, enjoy.

If its popular, we'll keep working on it, if you guys would prefer to pay for it feel free. We'll just keep working on it if people want us to keep working on it.

Zip file

You need the .net framework from microsoft installed, so if you try to run it and it gives you an error download it from here:

.NET Framework download

---------------------------------------------

1) Download the microsoft .net framework linked above and run the executable, follow the instructions.

2) Download the Zip file above. Extract it anywhere and open the folder PlayerViewNET. Simply double click PlayerViewNET.exe. It should run.

3) You need to select your pokertracker database, ptrack.mdb.

4) To add your poker directories to the list just click on "Add" and navigate to them.

5) You will DEFINATELY want to modify the layout, click on the button on the main application. To show a stat that is not shown select it from the list and click the show checkbox. Changes will be made next time a refresh happens from your databse, 2 minutes by default. To make changes appear instantly click on the Force Update button on the main application.

Notes:

This works with full tables and six max tables indescriminantly. It also works with NL and limit.

The tourney code is not yet functional however it is in place and we were going to activate it soon.

You may encounter strange behaviour with a filtered database. Ignore this or if its bothering you, unfilter your PT database.

Things we were going to add by this weekend but are not sure if you guys are still interested:

1) Tourney code
2) Ability to set labels to different colors depending on their value, ie if someone has a VPIP of 65+ their label is red, while a VPIP of less than 20 is green.
3) Ability to import and export label layouts.
4) Much more...

amirpc 11-12-2004 12:00 AM

Re: A free heads up display

To anyone that downloaded the program I had forgotten to remove developer debug information from it, try redownloading it and see if that helps, otherwise feel free to IM me or post here with problems.

slavic 11-12-2004 12:40 AM

I'm getting a UE when I hit the Mod-Table layout button. It throws up a string with .\table_edited.jpg

That jpeg isn't in the working directory, or in the zip file.

Thx slavic

amirpc 11-12-2004 12:43 AM

God I'm sorry I'm putting it up right now. Go ahead and click the link again the new zip contains the JPG.

Forgot about that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

sin808 11-12-2004 01:13 AM

So how is this thing supposed to work now?
I've got it installed, it's running, my directory is c:\program files\empirepoker, adjusted the layout, it shows the table names I'm on, but I'm not seeing anything [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

amirpc 11-12-2004 01:20 AM

Hey sorry I just discovered that bug, posting a fix in 5 min I'll post when I've got the new version up.

sin808 11-12-2004 01:25 AM

thanks, that was quick [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

amirpc 11-12-2004 01:26 AM

Ok ok, sorry about that NOW it works. Typos, ugh. Tested it a few times to be sure. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

amirpc 11-12-2004 01:26 AM

I live on these forums man, you have no idea [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

slavic 11-12-2004 01:41 AM

Odd, the program looks like it's updating fine but it doesn't put an overlay on the table.

In this case I'm using empire, I had redirected the directories to the HH directories. I changed them back after your last update. The ptracker DB is set, it just isn't putting an overaly down.

sin808 11-12-2004 01:43 AM

ditto

amirpc 11-12-2004 01:55 AM

Alright guys thanks for the feedback I'm working on it right now I'll get you an update as soon as I figure it out.

Edit: Someone tell the sorority across the street to shut the hell up so I can think!

Luv2DriveTT 11-12-2004 01:57 AM

I assume you want the program to point to the HH folder? It does not recognise PokerNow.

Also - it would be great if you add in the Agression Factor statistics as an option, and also the ability to shrink the text's font.

GREAT JOB! Where do I send my money?

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

amirpc 11-12-2004 02:14 AM

Don't point it to the HH dir, point it to the poker dir...ie
c:\program files\Partypoker\

amirpc 11-12-2004 02:22 AM

Alright guys I gotta take a 30 minute break, I'll be back and post updates as I figure out this overlay problem. Its something really simple I'm just not seeing it, I'm going over to my friend's place to debug on a non-developer system so I can figure out wtf is happening.

Thanks for the support guys appreciate the positive feedback.

sin808 11-12-2004 02:27 AM

edited cuz I'm dumb.

Richard Berg 11-12-2004 02:41 AM

Ok, so far:

- exception due to querying the CWD instead of the dir where the exe resides (workaround: add field to shortcut)
- cannot change default color, always [illegible] green
- auto-positioning of new stats needs some work
- not responding to paint messages properly -- taskman shows it as frozen, for example, even when it's not
- and of course: no overlay [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I love where you're going with it, and will keep in touch.

amirpc 11-12-2004 03:10 AM

Yep working on all of these right now, CWD will wait till last though.

Vern 11-12-2004 04:06 AM

How do you change db pointers once set? I pointed to one of my databases, for one level, but want to change it to another database for another level and I don't see how to do that. Thanks for a neat program.

Vern

amirpc 11-12-2004 04:08 AM

All right guys I had to go to bed as I have class at 9:30 in the morning and I'm going to be dead as it is. However I have worked out the majority of the overlay problems and am in the process of debugging some database issues some people are having with CT.

I'll have a new version up tomorrow after class, so 2 pmish [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

As a bonus, heres a working shot I took as of 2 minutes ago with colors and such configured and some stats turned off, others turned on:
http://al.gotdns.org/~aelaguiz/colors.jpg

sin808 11-12-2004 04:16 AM

very nice....I'm looking forward to seeing it in action (and not having game time windows hogging up my screen all the time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

amirpc 11-12-2004 04:20 AM

I just added an option to do that, it was one of those things that was on the list of things to add before release that I kinda pushed outa the way to get this thing up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

PS - Screw sleep staying up a little longer theres no way I'm gonna be able to sleep with this much to do.

amirpc 11-12-2004 04:29 AM

NEW VERSION UP

Alright guys there is a new version that should fix the overlay bugs and also has the ability to point it at a new database.

There is also a file called default.reg in the zip file, if you would like some sane defaults for the layout of your labels, right click it and select merge and then hit yes to the dialog that pops up.

Also yes I know there is a bit of spam in that bottom list at the moment, you can ignore it as that box will be gone in the first real release.

As always gimme any problems, the best way to reach me is probably AIM at this point.

Jman28 11-12-2004 04:54 AM

QUESTION 4 ANYONE

Can I use this software for SnG play?...

It seems like a 'no', but I had to ask.

Thanks.

-Jman28

amirpc 11-12-2004 04:59 AM

Re: QUESTION 4 ANYONE

Within a week SNG & tourney play will be functional - CT is working on that right now.

Also as a side note, any other things you guys want to see added asap. I'm going to be coding like a fiend, I'm kinda determined to get this sucker in awesome condition so pile 'em on. Me and CT are coding like fiends. He's reworking a lot of the database code and I'm getting stuff fixed as fast as people send them to me.

Let me know if you're having problems because now is the time to get those basic bugs worked out.

So reply to this thread with feature requests!

sin808 11-12-2004 05:04 AM

Re: NEW VERSION UP

Looks like it's working so far. Very nice. Only thing that looks weird to me is the fold BB to steal is coming up -1.#J on most players I have stats on.

CT11 11-12-2004 05:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can I use this software for SnG play?...

It seems like a 'no', but I had to ask.

Thanks.

-Jman28

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly no. PT keeps that in a different table. I don't want to fix the same bugs twice so tournament is withheld until I'm sure about ring games.

~CT

sin808 11-12-2004 05:21 AM

after switching to another table instead of updating (as it had been) it just keeps saying nothing found. I'm not actually seated at this table, though I wasn't on the other and I still had the overlay.

sin808 11-12-2004 05:24 AM

looks like I needed to be seated.

Jman28 11-12-2004 05:28 AM

Thanks... CT thinks that it won't work though according to his reply (or he meant that it'll be a while).

If it could work for SnGs, I'd be really interested in the program and if I found it useful I'd gladly try and compensate you for all your time spent.

I would make requests, but I'm not exactly sure how the program would work for SnGs. If you could explain it, that'd be great but I know you're working hard.. no rush.

I think it's awesome that you guys are doing this, especially for free. Keep up the good work.

-Jman28

CT11 11-12-2004 06:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks... CT thinks that it won't work though according to his reply (or he meant that it'll be a while).

If it could work for SnGs, I'd be really interested in the program and if I found it useful I'd gladly try and compensate you for all your time spent.

I would make requests, but I'm not exactly sure how the program would work for SnGs. If you could explain it, that'd be great but I know you're working hard.. no rush.

I think it's awesome that you guys are doing this, especially for free. Keep up the good work.

-Jman28

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops. Sorry. I wasn't too clear. I'm working on tournament but you won't see it in the current version and it wont be out for a little bit. I'm not a tournament player so testing is a tough for me.

Assuming the project goes well and doesn't die it'll be there.

~CT

Jman28 11-12-2004 06:21 AM

Thanks for the reply. Sounds good.

I'm not a programmer, but I do play tourneys only... lemme know if there is anything I can do to help.

-Jman28

Lawrence Ng 11-12-2004 06:31 AM

Amir, CT..

Just want to say thank you very much again for putting in the time and effort in making this mod. It would be a shame if Pokertracker didn't subcontract with you two on this. It could be a very good added feature in their next version of Pokertracker.

Lawrence

sin808 11-12-2004 07:12 AM

Most definitely! Just got done with another short session using it. Other than a couple of the numbers not working right everything else was good, no problems. Lot's easier than contending with the game time window all the time.

I'm sold [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

CT11 11-12-2004 07:27 AM

Can you PM me about broken numbers. As much detail as you have would be good. Thanks. I've just reworked a chunk of the DB stuff and I hope it'll be a little faster now (and hopefully more flexible) but if there is a calculation discrepancy I would like to know about it. My DB is limited so I need good bug reports [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (when comparing numbers remember to unfilter PT.)

~CT

Henkeman 11-12-2004 07:54 AM

Looks GREAT!
I'm waiting for my PT registration right now, If I get it today my exam tomorrow will suffer (since I haven't started studying for it yet and I guess I wont do that if I get PT today) [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

darvon 11-12-2004 08:04 AM

Thank you and CT11 for doing this. I was one of the main proponents of CT's original post.

However, I have had very bad experiences with the NET framework. I have installed it on my system previously and it has brought it to a standstill. It's a new this year machine. Therefore I won't be installing your system. Again, thank you for the effort, but NET is not usable by me.

Henkeman 11-12-2004 08:43 AM

MSVCR71D.dll missing?

I get a errormessage when I try to start the PlayerViewNET.exe, "MSVCR71D.dll missing". I've installed the DotNetFramework and rebooted, any suggestions?

Richard Berg 11-12-2004 08:50 AM

You realize:

- none of the framework is memory-resident unless you load an assembly
- DLL hell is literally impossible with GUIDs
- it is included with SP2 and will presumably be in all future service packs

Good luck.

Mr. Graff 11-12-2004 10:25 AM

Same problem here

[ QUOTE ]
I get a errormessage when I try to start the PlayerViewNET.exe, "MSVCR71D.dll missing". I've installed the DotNetFramework and rebooted, any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

I did try to run the program first though before downloading and installing DotNetFramework. I don't know if this can cause problems. After installing DotNetFramework the problem remains.