Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   America Sucks (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=144387)

TheGrifter 11-03-2004 02:58 PM

America Sucks

Anyone who voted for Bush has bloody hands.

jakethebake 11-03-2004 02:59 PM

Re: America Sucks

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who voted for Bush has bloody hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
ROFLMAO!!! What an idiot...or should I say idiotic troll to be more specific.

TheGrifter 11-03-2004 03:03 PM

Right Jake, I'm the troll because I don't spend 90% of my time in the politics and WPT forum like you.

jakethebake 11-03-2004 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Right Jake, I'm the troll because I don't spend 90% of my time in the politics and WPT forum like you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh? Do you know what a troll is, Grifter?

Abednego 11-03-2004 03:07 PM

I don't .... what is a troll?

Victor 11-03-2004 03:08 PM

i think a troll is someone who spends time on the boards insulting and trying to start fights.

hmmmm.....sounds like the entire politics forum.

TheGrifter 11-03-2004 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh? Do you know what a troll is, Grifter?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I don't get into the juvenile message board vernacular. Bully for me.

This is the politics forum, I stated my political opinion. The terrorist american regime continues.

jakethebake 11-03-2004 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't .... what is a troll?

[/ QUOTE ]
Someone who starts meaningless posts just to get a rise out of people and stir up controversy. Like this one...

jakethebake 11-03-2004 03:12 PM

Where are you from, Grifter?

TheGrifter 11-03-2004 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's immaterial.

Wake up CALL 11-03-2004 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's immaterial.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, if you are a foreigner who cares what you think. If you are a Liberal what you think must wait four more years.

jakethebake 11-03-2004 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's immaterial.

[/ QUOTE ]
It was just a simple question. You're a little touchy aren't you? Must be that inferiority complex the rest of the world has when dealing with the ugly Americans. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

ThaSaltCracka 11-03-2004 03:16 PM

why do you guys even humor him?

TheGrifter 11-03-2004 03:18 PM

I'm neither a foreignor or a liberal. I just have my own opinions and I think it's beyond pathetic that people have voted this baby murderer back into office.

What do you think is going to happen in the wake of the murderous attacks America has made against the Arab world, how many more terrorists do you think were converted when bombs dropped on their homes killing their entire family. The end of America as a superpower is coming, and I for one welcome that change.

Wake up CALL 11-03-2004 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The end of America as a superpower is coming, and I for one welcome that change.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet you also believed the exit polls. Whatever makes you sleep better at night. Living in your own little world must be nice until you awaken.

eLROY 11-03-2004 03:21 PM

yes we are men, and not gods

Of course we all have bloody hands, since Jesus and before. We are men, and not angels. What do you think men are? Or is it just you?

juanez 11-03-2004 03:23 PM

Move to France Assshole n/m

miserable c0ck.

namknils 11-03-2004 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm neither a foreignor or a liberal. I just have my own opinions and I think it's beyond pathetic that people have voted this baby murderer back into office.

What do you think is going to happen in the wake of the murderous attacks America has made against the Arab world, how many more terrorists do you think were converted when bombs dropped on their homes killing their entire family. The end of America as a superpower is coming, and I for one welcome that change.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it's stupid posts like this that kept me out of the Politics forum before, and since they are now back I guess I'll have to leave the Politics forum again. The one night of intelligent information and banter back and forth is over so there is no reason to browse here anymore. Back to poker for me.

MMMMMM 11-03-2004 03:24 PM

You are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO deluded.

jakethebake 11-03-2004 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm with you, Grifter. We're murderers. We shouldn't defend ourselves. We should allow as many 9/11's as the poor, peace-loving Arabs want to inflict on us! Turn the other cheek! Let's all sing Kumbayah....LOL.

dana33 11-03-2004 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The terrorist american regime continues.

[/ QUOTE ]
And thank god that the nuts who actually think this won't be running our government for the next four years.

arabie 11-03-2004 03:31 PM

I concede John Kerry would make a better president, however, don't see why you think George Bush would run a terrorist regirme and John Kerry would be doing something different. While i disagree heavily with your terrorist regime claim, for whatever reason you believe that, i dont see how john Kerry would change your opinion? As far as i know, their stated foreign policies are virtually identical.

texaspimp 11-03-2004 03:34 PM

I really don't know what to think of people like this. I hope you appreciate the fact that you have the freedom to spew this vitriolic garbage, IMHO.

God Bless America!!!

Edge34 11-03-2004 03:44 PM

You are an ignorant, mindless buffoon, Grifter.

As texaspimp said, I just hope you appreciate the freedom you have in this country to spew this trash, when in countries like Saddam's Iraq, you'd be castrated and subsequently murdered for this.

Oh yeah, apparently 50-some-odd million people disagree with you, and even a large number of Kerry-voters I have spoken with would call you extreme.

If you hate this country so much, why don't you just follow through on those big-stand people like Alec Baldwin's promise, and just leave. I'm sure nobody here, liberal or otherwise, would miss you too much.

Danenania 11-03-2004 03:55 PM

"You are an ignorant, mindless buffoon, Grifter."

Good argument.

"As texaspimp said, I just hope you appreciate the freedom you have in this country to spew this trash, when in countries like Saddam's Iraq, you'd be castrated and subsequently murdered for this."

Good argument.

"Oh yeah, apparently 50-some-odd million people disagree with you, and even a large number of Kerry-voters I have spoken with would call you extreme."

Good argument.

"If you hate this country so much, why don't you just follow through on those big-stand people like Alec Baldwin's promise, and just leave. I'm sure nobody here, liberal or otherwise, would miss you too much."

Good argument.

Idiot.

arabie 11-03-2004 04:01 PM

I don't understand? Is this directed at me? if so, why?

Edge34 11-03-2004 04:03 PM

So would I be far off to assume you have nothing to add to this thread besides that?

Good Lord, I thought some people would be able to handle Kerry's loss with class...for the large part I was right, but in the parts where I was wrong, BOY was I wrong.

Just so we're clear Danenania, although I have no idea who you are, where you're from, or ANYTHING else about you, your post gives me enough to go on. Are you actually disagreeing with me when I say that calling Bush a "baby killer" and saying anybody who voted for him "has blood on their hands"? If so, you're equally as ignorant as Grifter, and no less a troll.

At least I know those who agree with mindless fools like you don't get a shot at running this country for another 4 years.

People are free to disagree with the government and the President, but its a shame so many can't even have the same class as Kerry had today in defeat.

-Edge

Wayfare 11-03-2004 04:09 PM

The fact that you have the oppertunity to say things like this without the NKVD, gestapo, or KGB coming and shooting you should convince you America isn't so bad after all.

Danenania 11-03-2004 04:10 PM

Have fun at your incestuous Nascar themed Bush Bible study victory party. Sorry if I don't make it.

texaspimp 11-03-2004 04:12 PM

LOL. It is never surprising to see the intellectual wit that comes from the other side.

BTW, how did they find out about our "rally"???

Edge34 11-03-2004 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have fun at your incestuous Nascar themed Bush Bible study victory party. Sorry if I don't make it.

[/ QUOTE ]

good argument...troll. Its a shame you're not mentally capable of a decent argument, but resort to insults in a thread in which you had NO previous involvement. If you've got a point to make, make it...if not, stick it.

This will (most likely) be the last time I humor you with a response, as your mind is clearly not capable of mature discussion. Heck, I think we'd all be better off if this thread was just deleted.

YourFoxyGrandma 11-03-2004 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm with you, Grifter. We're murderers. We shouldn't defend ourselves. We should allow as many 9/11's as the poor, peace-loving Arabs want to inflict on us! Turn the other cheek! Let's all sing Kumbayah....LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

While many of Grifters views are somewhat extreme, I think that his words here have some merit. I'm a firm believer that the war on terror cannot be fought like a conventional war as we are fighting an non-conventional enemy. To attempt to eradicate every terrorist is an impossible task and in the attempt to do so we are only breeding more of them.

Humans are reasonable and good from birth. Extremism, as found in the Middle East, is a product of the political and social climate there. Terrorist and extremist groups do not see themselves as evil; they are fighting for a cause that they wholeheartedly believe in. Extremism is by no means a normal or acceptable behavior, but it is important to realize that it stems from certain extreme climates like the one that America has supported in the Middle East over the years.

Instead of adding more fuel to the fire by dropping bombs, perhaps we, as a country, should open our eyes to the reasons for terrorism and consider eradicating it from there. Just a thought. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

texaspimp 11-03-2004 04:46 PM

Does this logic apply to other areas of crime, i.e. murder, rape, etc.?

We cannot eradicate it, so we should understand someones desires and reasons to murder and rape and eradicate it from there?

Edge34 11-03-2004 05:00 PM

Hey pimp,

Actually, I think grandma has a decent point here. Terrorism IS a totally different beast to attack, and its sources ARE of high importance. Unfortunately, its sources aren't something we can easily fix, as the type of "Muslim extremist" terrorism we deal with in the Middle East is borne of a twisting of the Muslim religion (which is a peaceful religion), and the propaganda machine that people like OBL run. And in that case, negotiation is entirely ineffective, as a terrorists sole mission is to kill as many "infidels" as possible.

texaspimp 11-03-2004 05:10 PM

I understand.

I just think the whole "let's not attack them because it will create more attackers" mindset is wrong. BTW, I'm not saying that was her philosophy. She is absolutely correct that we have to fight this scourge with unconventional means.

I think the racism analogy fits here. Someone is brainwashed to be a racist everyday. If you educate and change one person's mind, another one takes his/her place.

Victor 11-03-2004 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you educate and change one person's mind, another one takes his/her place.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you bomb this persons house and kill him and his family then his entire neighborhood takes his place.

DerryABU 11-03-2004 05:21 PM

Re: Who cares?

[ QUOTE ]
Not really, if you are a foreigner who cares what you think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its this insular attitude by so many Americans which has alienated you from the rest of the world.
America is the biggest most powerful country in the world and has influence in almost all international laws,treaties,trade agreements and conflicts which makes your elections a concern for most.
I live and work in the U.K. for an American company.
Does the American economy affect my job?
Does the American economy affect my stocks and shares?
Is the price of my fuel higher since the war in Iraq?
Have my taxes been used to help finance the war?
Does the election of George Bush affect my life?
YES

Don't get me wrong this is not an anti Bush or anti U.S. rant.This is a statement against ignorance.

BobH42 11-03-2004 06:15 PM

Guilty as charged...I voted for Bush. I have blood on my hands. I have blood on my hands from WWI for being an American. I have blood on my hands from WWII...from Vietnam...from Korea...from the first Gulf War...and from every other conflict in which the United States has sacrificed its most precious resource - the lives of its own people - in the interest of trying to improve the world which we all share.

Our country is not always right. We make mistakes, just as many other countries do (look no further than the corrupt UN weapons-for-food program in which several of the countries aligned against the invasion of Iraq are later shown to have been taking kick-backs from Saddam Hussein for their votes in the UN). However, most Americans supported all of these wars not because they in some way benefited America - FAR from it. I did not support any of the wars during my lifetime because I thought it might make filling up my gas tank a buck or two cheaper each week. I supported them because I felt (as did the majority of our country) that it was the right thing to do.

So yes, as an American, I have blood on my hands. It's the blood that American soldiers sacrificed to make the world a better place. It's the blood of civilians that died in the crossfire because a dictator flouted the UN's attempts to stop him from continuing down a path of destruction paved with attempts to develop weapons of mass destruction. And it's the blood of tyrants that had to be stopped from destroying our way of life...not the American way of life, but the way of life of all free people in the world.

Wake up CALL 11-03-2004 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you bomb this persons house and kill him and his family then his entire neighborhood takes his place.

[/ QUOTE ]

However if you bomb his neighborhood, his city, his county and most of his country eventually the smart ones either hide and watch or end up dead themselves. You assume we must stop with individuals, as you wrote this will likely not work. Look at the bigger picture and solve it accordingly.

Felix_Nietsche 11-03-2004 11:25 PM

Another Self hating American.....Yawn!!!

You live in the the state called Dee-nile.....

Wake up and leave the land of make believe.

Muslim religious nuts attacked us on 9/11. Now we need to kill them without mercy.... It is kill or be killed. If they ever get there hands on a nuke, they will use it. If a Democrat is in the office and a nuke explodes in NYC, the USA will surrender and beg Arabs for forgiveness. If we have a MAN as president (i.e. a Republican), the middle east will become the world's largest source of glass....

To hell with the UN....we need to take the fight to them. If anything Bush needs to take off the gloves.