Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Look what I made (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=136862)

illunious 10-16-2004 09:09 PM

Look what I made

Screenshot

This is a Coldfusion script that uses the Pokertracker database to display stats on all the tables you're currently sitting at or watching (multitable gametime window). Just got it to a point tonight where I think it's pretty nifty so I thought I'd share it.

Each table has the following stats, I'm looking for ideas on what to add (or remove) to make it more useful.
Table Name
last 30 minutes - Hands/SawFlop%/AvgPot[BB]
last 10 minutes - Hands/SawFlop%/AvgPot[BB]

Each player:
Seat #
UserName
Hands this session
Hands in DB
VPIP/PFR
SawShowdown
TotalWon

Colors change based on some limits I set to make it easier to find "extremes". The page reloads every 20 seconds to display the latest tables/stats.

If anyone wants the script, PM me and I'll email it to you (it will take some work and editing to get it running on your system).

TheTimeIsUp 10-16-2004 09:16 PM

Re: Look what I made

That's pretty nice. I would rather would just use PT's exporting notes, though [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

OrangeHeat 10-16-2004 10:16 PM

I like it.

BTw for illiterate computer people what did you uou use to make it?

Orange

illunious 10-16-2004 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would rather would just use PT's exporting notes, though

[/ QUOTE ]

The advantage to this is that you have real time notes on all the players you didn't already have notes on.

[ QUOTE ]
BTw for illiterate computer people what did you uou use to make it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Coldfusion, a web application language. For me, it's the easiest language to throw together an application with.

uuDevil 10-16-2004 11:42 PM

Nice work! For the screen space impaired, this could definitely be useful.

MarkL444 10-16-2004 11:57 PM

lookin good!

just how much "work and editing" are we talking about here?

illunious 10-17-2004 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just how much "work and editing" are we talking about here?

[/ QUOTE ]

It would require setting up a local webhost with the demo version of Coldfusion Server, the actual script is 205 lines, it contains some settings (like player_id, dataSource, etc.) that are specific to my computer. It's a terrible way to release an application, but I'm lazy. I did the same thing with my note exporter 9 months ago.

Basically, you need to be a geek to get it running.

[ QUOTE ]
For the screen space impaired, this could definitely be useful.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really targeted for the 6+ tabler (another screenshot).

It enables you to leave bad tables, identify good tables, and make player stat based plays more often and with better accuracy.

Bubu 10-17-2004 11:36 AM

Sweet idea and nice screenshots. I am using the pokertracker real time windows now - am only three tabling now...
But I really like your idea

Bubu

akh911007 10-18-2004 11:42 PM

Can you give a rundown of the changes that I need to make in order to configure the script to work? I've installed the Coldfusion development edition. What else do I need to edit?

null 10-19-2004 11:52 AM

Cool, looks good. I'm interested, since I'm running dual monitors, but the other is a 17", so pokertracker gametime windows end up overlapping.

Is there any way you could have it display the icons that pokertracker labels people with when it autorates them?

TommyO 10-19-2004 01:54 PM

Call me old fashioned but whatever happened to the concept of just sitting down at a table and beating the opposition with superior poker skills. It's kind of like using an underwater camera when fishing. Sure you caught some fish but how good of a fisherman are you really?

Please don't get upset when you read this. I actually think what you did is nice (I'm a software developer) but it just seems like so many people on this site use technology to maximize their earnings but then have a conniption when someone mentions bots. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

wabe 10-19-2004 02:27 PM

If you're going to go fishing, do you go to a known spot where you usually catch fish, or do you just go to any hole in the ground that contains water?

TommyO 10-19-2004 03:05 PM

Look, I get your point but there are some things people will never agree on (like politics or religion). How would you feel about going to a home game and discovering that one of the players brought a hand held computer with some kind of poker odds calculator on it? I wouldn't like it at all. I don't see how this is different from having an electronic crutch when playing online.

illunious 10-19-2004 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call me old fashioned but whatever happened to the concept of just sitting down at a table and beating the opposition with superior poker skills. It's kind of like using an underwater camera when fishing. Sure you caught some fish but how good of a fisherman are you really?

Please don't get upset when you read this. I actually think what you did is nice (I'm a software developer) but it just seems like so many people on this site use technology to maximize their earnings but then have a conniption when someone mentions bots.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm not an old fasioned guy like you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I don't want to cheat, but I don't have any problems getting an advantage within the rules of the poker site.

Back when I made the note exporter, I asked "Is this cheating?", no one thought it was. The PT gametime window has been around for a long time, this is just a smaller version of it.

I do understand your concern. This thing took me 5 hours, what if I put some serious time into it? Where do I draw the line? Is anything short of actually pressing the buttons OK?

illunious 10-19-2004 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you give a rundown of the changes that I need to make in order to configure the script to work?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Setup a virtual directory in IIS that allows script execution.
2. Setup the ODBC datasource in the CF administrator.
3. In the .cfm file , change the "datasource=PTRACK3" to whatever yours is named ("PTRACK" probably).
4. In the .cfm file , change "player_id EQ 1912" to whatever your player ID is in pokertracker.

Those are the biggest steps. Hope that helps, email me if you have any questions.

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any way you could have it display the icons that pokertracker labels people with when it autorates them?

[/ QUOTE ]

With editing, it can display any PT data you want it to. I think PT Pat released a zip file with all the icons in it.

TommyO 10-19-2004 09:28 PM

That's a very good question. Where do you draw the line? What if you expanded the system to read your hole cards and the cards on the board and calcualte your pot equity in real-time? What if you then made a recommendation as to whether to fold/call/raise? What if you looked at player tendencies and popped up a warning when the system suspected a check-raise or a bluff? How is this different than a bot other than the user is pushing the buttons? I'm sure you could make a lot more money playing this way but it just doesn't sound enjoyable to me.

joker122 10-19-2004 10:15 PM

You're old fashioned.

wabe 10-20-2004 02:55 PM

I get your point, but I feel there's a line that shouldn't be crossed. I wouldn't know where to begin articulating that, though.

To repeat the fishing analogy, does it make me a worse person if I buy a boat to reach a remote fishing hole? How about if I splurge $500 (sorry, I'm not a fisherman, so the price may be out of whack) for an excellent setup to help me catch more, larger fish? Would you be sitting on the bank shaking your fist at me as I drove by?

TommyO 10-20-2004 05:09 PM

I think we all agree I'm old fashioned and we'll just leave it at that. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

illunious 10-20-2004 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What if you expanded the system to read your hole cards and the cards on the board and calcualte your pot equity in real-time? What if you then made a recommendation as to whether to fold/call/raise? What if you looked at player tendencies and popped up a warning when the system suspected a check-raise or a bluff?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the type of stuff that interests me as a programmer.

Just to recommend an "intelligent" preflop call/raise/fold (based on players to your right and left), as you suggest (and I have thought about this before) would require some serious math-based understanding of the game and the skill to put that into code that I don't have.

Yobz 10-20-2004 09:23 PM

I got the script email from you and I have a question about how to set it up:
I installed IIS and then installed cold fusion. I set up the data source as PokerTracker and changed that in the .cfm (and also changed to my player ID, 11). In CF I changed the data source to point to ptrack2.mdb (the database I wanted). I start up PP and play like usual and the game time window changes like it normally does, but the script just generates a blank (black) screen and does nothing. I know its running the script because if I look at the source of the generated page then it has all the <html> and <body> stuff set up with large whitespace in the middle for all the tables and stuff which are not there.

Is there a step I forgot?

Thanks tons!

illunious 10-20-2004 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got the script email from you and I have a question about how to set it up:
I installed IIS and then installed cold fusion. I set up the data source as PokerTracker and changed that in the .cfm (and also changed to my player ID, 11). In CF I changed the data source to point to ptrack2.mdb (the database I wanted). I start up PP and play like usual and the game time window changes like it normally does, but the script just generates a blank (black) screen and does nothing. I know its running the script because if I look at the source of the generated page then it has all the <html> and <body> stuff set up with large whitespace in the middle for all the tables and stuff which are not there.

[/ QUOTE ]

#CreateODBCDateTime(DateAdd('n', 55, now()))# on line 16 is based on your time zone in comparison to Party (55 is CST minus 5 minutes). Try making it -5, -65 or lower.

Luv2DriveTT 10-20-2004 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
#CreateODBCDateTime(DateAdd('n', 55, now()))# on line 16 is based on your time zone in comparison to Party (55 is CST minus 5 minutes). Try making it -5, -65 or lower.

[/ QUOTE ]

For those of you who live in the Eastern time zone, set it to -5. I just got it to work... amazing script! illunious, What do each of the fields represent? How often does the script refresh itself?

A blown away TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

illunious 10-20-2004 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do each of the fields represent?

[/ QUOTE ]

See my original post.

[ QUOTE ]
How often does the script refresh itself?

[/ QUOTE ]

line 3: <META HTTP-EQUIV=REFRESH CONTENT=60>

that is 60 seconds

Glad you got it working. I think you're the first [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Yobz 10-20-2004 10:19 PM

Ok, almost there thanks for the help so far:
I have the window open and at the top it says "Bay watch" which is the name of the game I am in, woohoo, first step!
But, the problem is now there is an error following it:

Error Occurred While Processing Request
Error Executing Database Query.
Data source not found.

I think I messed up at first because I had my data source be a MS access file and linked it to PTRACK2.MDB. I think created a second datasource, this time an ODBC or whatever its called and called it PTRACK2 (the first was called PokerTracker). Now it has the name of the game with (1m) next to it but nothing else (except that error), any suggestions?

Yobz 10-20-2004 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have the window open and at the top it says "Bay watch" which is the name of the game I am in, woohoo, first step!

Data source not found.

I think I messed up at first because I had my data source be a MS access file and linked it to PTRACK2.MDB. I think created a second datasource, this time an ODBC or whatever its called and called it PTRACK2 (the first was called PokerTracker). Now it has the name of the game with (1m) next to it but nothing else (except that error), any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm dumb, read through the code and datasource="ptrack3" appears multiple times...changed them all to 2, we'll see if it works now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Yobz 10-20-2004 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Data source not found.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm dumb, read through the code and datasource="ptrack3" appears multiple times...changed them all to 2, we'll see if it works now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wooohoooo, it worked, thanks again!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
And I feel retarded because I'm a CS major (senior) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Yobz 10-20-2004 10:28 PM

Ok, I dont mean to flood this thread, but this thing is great...I really like it. You asked for suggestions so just a quick one: put their postflop aggression, I like to know how often I can expect a raise from the fishies [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

lacky 10-21-2004 08:03 PM

I am failing the geek test bad on this one and I don't want to bug our kind auther anymore. Can anyone tell me in none geek terms what this means and how to do it?

--------------------------------------------------
IIS is a webserver, make a shortcut with those lines
to run it.

> IIS is a web server, you can run it with the
> following:
> Target: %SystemRoot%\system32\mmc.exe
> %SystemRoot%\system32\inetsrv\iis.msc /s
> Start In: %HomeDrive%%HomePath%
--------------------------------------

thanks, Steve

darvon 10-31-2004 10:54 PM

How did you get the real time data out of PT?

PuckNPoker 11-01-2004 09:39 PM

Could someone send me this script to calchris2002@yahoo.com

Thanks.

ghostface 11-08-2004 02:49 AM

Sorry to bring this thread back up but can one of the people that got this to work let me know if it is possible to get IIS installed on a Windows XP Home platform.

At microsoft all the files i downloaded wouldnt install unless i had XP Pro. I found an installation procedure on some random site but it involves some shady stuff that I dont know if i want to try.

So let me know if you can help me.

JoshuaD 11-20-2004 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am failing the geek test bad on this one and I don't want to bug our kind auther anymore. Can anyone tell me in none geek terms what this means and how to do it?

--------------------------------------------------
IIS is a webserver, make a shortcut with those lines
to run it.

> IIS is a web server, you can run it with the
> following:
> Target: %SystemRoot%\system32\mmc.exe
> %SystemRoot%\system32\inetsrv\iis.msc /s
> Start In: %HomeDrive%%HomePath%
--------------------------------------

thanks, Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

Right click yer desktop, go to the new option, then select shortcut. On the first screen, where it asks for a target put "%SystemRoot%\system32\mmc.exe". click through and select finish. Right click > properties on that new shortcut (who's icon should have changed to something), and go to properties. On the "shortcut" tab up top, put "%HomeDrive%%HomePath%" in the box next to "Start in:".

Voila.