Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Which site do you play most? Not which site you like best (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=130288)

SamJack 09-30-2004 01:42 PM

Which site do you play most? Not which site you like best

I'd like to find out which sites the creatures in the zoo play the most. Note that this is not which site you like to the most. Most of us play certain places because of the abundance of fish, frequent bonuses, etc. I have a feeling that the answer will be overwhelmingly for party and skins(despite all the bitching and moaning about them) , but I just want to confirm.

SamJack

moondogg 09-30-2004 01:51 PM

Re: Which site do you play most? Not which site you like best

You forgot the crypto skins.

SamJack 09-30-2004 01:55 PM

Yeah you are right.

Out of the sites that gets enough traffic, I forgot crypto and skins, pokerroom, and planet poker. I guess they will get captured as 'other'

SamJack

SamJack

SamJack 09-30-2004 02:20 PM

For those who voted anything other than party, why?

I think it is generally accepted that party and skins have the most abundant supply of fish. So why play anywhere else? Can the slightly lower rakes or better software be that much of a factor? fish = +EV no?

SamJack

jagoff 09-30-2004 02:23 PM

Crypto...offering monthly reloads and great games

Lori 09-30-2004 02:25 PM

They charge higher rake than anywhere else that I play.
I am not willing to encourage it.

I also have a higher hourly rate at both Stars and UB than I do at Party.

Party stick little icons on my toolbar against my wishes, and in more recent times have dumped HH's on my computer.

However, mainly it's the rake.
Until they stop charging so much money, I'm not willing to play there as much as anywhere else.

Of course, these were my thoughts until 36 hours ago, now I'm not willing to play there because of the stunt Empire pulled, but that's another discussion.

Lori

Matty 09-30-2004 02:38 PM

I haven't compared rakes, but would you say, all other things being equal, who would make more money:

Player 1) Plays Party/Empire with a 20% rake kickback

or

Player 2) Plays Pokerstars with no kickback

I guess what I'm asking is, is Star's rake 20% less than Party's?

thomastem 09-30-2004 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

It is refreshing to hear someone doing better outside of Party. I thought I was the only wierdo where Party statistically isn't as profitable as my other fishing ponds.

Lori any ideas on why you think this is?

theghost 09-30-2004 02:40 PM

Crypto

thomastem 09-30-2004 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't compared rakes, but would you say, all other things being equal, who would make more money:

Player 1) Plays Party/Empire with a 20% rake kickback

or

Player 2) Plays Pokerstars with no kickback

I guess what I'm asking is, is Star's rake 20% less than Party's?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can tell you that over the last 2 years I've made more per hour on Stars than Party. It isn't even close.

theghost 09-30-2004 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi Lori,

If you don't mind me asking, what game/stakes do you usually play?

jd

cornell2005 09-30-2004 02:47 PM

whos the other person that chose prima?

Lori 09-30-2004 02:47 PM

Hi Lori,

jd

$10-$30 sngs.

Edit: Im aware the rake is the same on party for these as elsewhere, but I do play ring too at times.

Lori

moondogg 09-30-2004 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think it is generally accepted that party and skins have the most abundant supply of fish. So why play anywhere else? Can the slightly lower rakes or better software be that much of a factor? fish = +EV no?

SamJack

[/ QUOTE ]

Crypto: monthly bonuses = $36/hour ain't bad (4-tabling).

If you pick the right times, they are full of fish. If you pick the wrong times, then just the GBP tables are full of fish.

swami 09-30-2004 03:02 PM

What about Full Tilt, attaracting 1500 to 2000 players at night. Good NL games, not much fixed limit (which i don't play)

TimM 09-30-2004 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is refreshing to hear someone doing better outside of Party. I thought I was the only wierdo where Party statistically isn't as profitable as my other fishing ponds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always did a bit better at Paradise than Party. But I play at Party because I could barely get enough games at the limits and times I want to play, and it will be worse when I want to move up.

Cleveland Guy 09-30-2004 03:22 PM

I found pokerroom first, so it's where I play. I have found plenty of fish in the pond, and the fact that most of you 2 +2 ers aren't there leaves the pond to me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I also have an older computer, and can't download all the different softwares. Wife and I are buying a new one (with my poker winnings) so I will start bonus whoring soon.

I will miss having all my favorite fishes marked though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

ewile 09-30-2004 04:01 PM

The Crypto GBP tables are great! US players benifit from the weak players and the exchange rate!

dogsballs 09-30-2004 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Lori,

jd

$10-$30 sngs.

Edit: Im aware the rake is the same on party for these as elsewhere, but I do play ring too at times.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm the same. Stars been much better for me than party etc. I play mainly the 55 turbo SNG's and PLO games.
Maybe it's just to do with playing style.

StevieG 09-30-2004 06:34 PM

I play at Planet the most. The table selection is extremely limited. However, there are micro limits available, the players tend to be very friendly and rarely hostile, and still plenty loose.

The software is not great, but it is fast in my experience. Multitabling limited to two tables, but I don't even do that often.

modernmess 09-30-2004 07:51 PM

love the UB. i play pstars for tournies only. ive done very well at UB, most of my friends play there, it has the best interface, and although i think the mid limit games are a little tougher than elsewherem i like to play mid-stakes limit, low nl, and $20-30 sngs, so between those choices i can usually find a good game going.

lefty rosen 09-30-2004 08:33 PM

Definately Zero rake, the game selection is the best and you can't beat the fish floating arounding........ [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

AncientPC 10-01-2004 05:17 AM

I voted for Party & skins because I always find myself back there because their bonus is easy to clear and I am more +EV at Party than elsewhere.

Plus the fact that I can multitable 4 tables w/o any sort of computer slowdown.

However these days I've been playing a lot on TGC Poker in preparation for OIC and I'm more +EV with them than Party (but it could also be because I'm playing at double the stacks). I like the software a lot, just wish the interface buttons were bigger and getting hand histories was easier. Usually the hand history export times out before it finishes compiling the 3,000 hands for the day. -_-

Pacific - crap software and single table, despite the softness
Paradise - annoying tick bar for NL instead of typing in numbers, max 3 tables
UB - Very -EV for me, I don't know why so I stay away like the plague
Full Tilt - bonus takes too long, not enough fish
Absolute - great bonuses, horrible software / game selection

TylerD 10-01-2004 05:43 AM

I'd just like to say that HavannaBanana doesn't play at Party because of the higher rake.

(I thought I'd save him the trouble of writing a post, seeing as he does mention this fact in 50% of his posts).

AncientPC 10-01-2004 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd just like to say that HavannaBanana doesn't play at Party because of the higher rake.

(I thought I'd save him the trouble of writing a post, seeing as he does mention this fact in 50% of his posts).

[/ QUOTE ]

People say they don't play at Party because of higher rake, but doesn't the softer tables offset this?

I mean, many other places have the industry "standard", but their rake chart is set up more aggressively (i.e. they take a cut at every $1 instead of every $5) effectively raising the rake anyway. Some sites guilty of this include: Absolute, Poker Room, and Ultimate Bet.

HavanaBanana 10-01-2004 06:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, but I am trying to get to Pooh Bah level, so need to answer this anyways. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

UB is even worse rakewise than Party, but the reason I so dislike the Party Rake is not is it higher than most others, but they raised it last December, now as a player I do not like that at all.

I mean it is not like the product that they are selling is worth more now, and as a matter of fact their product has become much cheaper for them to produce due their higher volume.

ToT

djcolts 10-01-2004 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

SamJack

[/ QUOTE ]

Crypto: monthly bonuses = $36/hour ain't bad (4-tabling).

If you pick the right times, they are full of fish. If you pick the wrong times, then just the GBP tables are full of fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crypto is worth the effort for low-rollers like me (because of the monthly bonuses) - plus the fact the the peak time to play Crypto is different than the peak time to play at Party/Empire is what makes playing at both profitable.

Lori 10-01-2004 11:51 AM

People say they don't play at Party because of higher rake, but doesn't the softer tables offset this

If you really don't understand this point, there is certainly no point in debating it.

Lori

AncientPC 10-01-2004 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People say they don't play at Party because of higher rake, but doesn't the softer tables offset this

If you really don't understand this point, there is certainly no point in debating it.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the principle, right?

Lori 10-01-2004 02:54 PM

It's the principle, right?

That and not wanting to encourage other sites to follow suit.

I know a handful of people taking a stand isn't much.. and I do play there occasionally, so it's not even an amazing stand.

It's one of those 'If only everyone did it' things that will never happen, but I'm happy to do my bit.

Lori

AncientPC 10-01-2004 03:00 PM

I can understand not playing at Party because of the rake, I did that myself for a month until they came around with the reload bonuses again. However once I started working those bonuses off I realized how much more profitable and faster the Party tables were in comparison to Absolute, Full Tilt, and Ultimate Bet (for me at least).

You said you played at Poker Stars and Ultimate Bet though right? You realize that Ultimate Bet sets their rake chart to take in rake more often (i.e. they take additional at every $1 instead of every $5), effectively increasing the rake . . .