Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Why sharing moderation of this forum is a horrible idea. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=102117)

Syntax 07-12-2004 01:47 PM

Why sharing moderation of this forum is a horrible idea.

I have posted my own opinions for discussion on a number of various topics. I have been accused of spamming and/or shilling by trolls and "respectable posters" for all the following:

NutzPoker
Phill Hellmuth's DVD's
Ultimate Bet
ZeroRake

In each instance the accuser(s) are 100% certain that they are correct and represent the rest of the forum. For example when I posted a question about NutzPoker on 5/17 Inthacup responded to Nutzpoker and myself with:
[ QUOTE ]
Did you have 12 posts deleted for some reason? Perhaps spam? ... What a coincidence.

Some small time shady poster comes here and asks you a question and you come back with a 400 word advertisement for your site. Please don't think that the posters here are this oblivious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not going to point out every poster that's ever made a mistake in judging me or anyone esle, but its quite obvious to me that too many people think they own this forum and know what is best for it. And I am not referring to Cup because he admitted he jumped to a wrong conclusion and offered an apology, but last week I was reported, by at least one individual, to Matt as a spammer. That is more than enough reason for me to be certain that moderation is horrible idea.

Many of the recent posts here saying "The Zoo" has gone to $hit recently make me sick. It seems like a lot of people who once embraced the Zoo for it's often illogical and chaotic personality are now condemning it for the same reasons. The Internet forum used to be one you either loved or hated for what it was. Now I get the impression that there is a clique of posters that have been part of the zoo for a long time, gotten emotionally attached and act like it is thier own private little playground.

They act like "oh were the zoo, its crazy in here but that's why we love it". But when it does become crazy, they hate it and want out, or go crying for censorhip or moderation.

BradleyT 07-12-2004 01:51 PM

Re: Why sharing moderation of this forum is a horrible idea.

*YAWN*

MS Sunshine 07-12-2004 02:19 PM

The problem is that the job of moderating these forums is now a huge amount of work. Having a few respected posters take the job conflicts with 2+2 management's desire to not lose control of their property.

This leaves you, and the ZeroRake spammers, to takeover this forum and drive off the long-term posters that are looking for poker content that isn't like RGP. Who would have thought two years ago that Russ Boyd would have gotten control here?

Make no mistake, if it was I moderating, your ass would be on the next stage out of town, with the ZeroRake spammers and the many clones being dragged in the dirt behind it. Just thinking of the long hours of deleting new accounts of banned spammers makes me want to e-mail Mason and volunteer.

MS Sunshine

Syntax 07-12-2004 02:24 PM

I rest my case.

MS Sunshine 07-12-2004 02:26 PM

"I rest my case."

If this was only true.

MS Sunshine

Syntax 07-12-2004 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Having a few respected posters take the job

[/ QUOTE ]

You are an elitist egomaniac, do you realize that? I would like to know, in your opinion, what qualifies one as a "respected poster".

Also, I would like you to name 5 or 10 so call "respected" posters on this forum whom you feel capable of handling the job of censoring other peoples ideas on this open discussion board.

Alobar 07-12-2004 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I rest my case."

If this was only true.

MS Sunshine

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I've got you way ahead on points with that one now sunshine [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Altho I do disagree that syntax should be banned.

Alobar 07-12-2004 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Having a few respected posters take the job

[/ QUOTE ]

You are an elitist egomaniac, do you realize that? I would like to know, in your opinion, what qualifies one as a "respected poster".

Also, I would like you to name 5 or 10 so call "respected" posters on this forum whom you feel capable of handling the job of censoring other peoples ideas on this open discussion board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I say we just turn the reins over to gabbyyy and see how it goes

MS Sunshine 07-12-2004 02:52 PM

"I say we just turn the reins over to gabbyyy and see how it goes"

I have issues with Gabby, but none have to do with spamming. You would be off the island so before Gabs.

MS Sunshine

pc in NM 07-12-2004 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem is that the job of moderating these forums is now a huge amount of work. Having a few respected posters take the job conflicts with 2+2 management's desire to not lose control of their property.

This leaves you, and the ZeroRake spammers, to takeover this forum and drive off the long-term posters that are looking for poker content that isn't like RGP. Who would have thought two years ago that Russ Boyd would have gotten control here?

Make no mistake, if it was I moderating, your ass would be on the next stage out of town, with the ZeroRake spammers and the many clones being dragged in the dirt behind it. Just thinking of the long hours of deleting new accounts of banned spammers makes me want to e-mail Mason and volunteer.

MS Sunshine

[/ QUOTE ]
Well said - I'm a longtime lurker, and occasional poster who agrees wholeheartedly with your sentiments, MS....

Syntax 07-12-2004 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Make no mistake, if it was I moderating, your ass would be on the next stage out of town

[/ QUOTE ]

And the fact that I have no affiliation with zerorake or anyone else is an acceptable causulty for you in your quest to control this board. If you don't like what someone posts thats enough reason for you to exile them huh? I have no respect for you, or your witchunt and inquisition.

Who's next on your list of people to rid this forum of? Jews, Women, Blacks?

MS Sunshine 07-12-2004 03:09 PM

And the fact that I have no affiliation with zerorake or anyone else I don't care is an acceptable causulty for you in your quest to control this board. If you don't like what someone posts thats enough reason for you to exile them huh? In a perfect world,but I would ban you for spamming. I have no respect for you,ahhhhhhhhh, now that really hurt or your witchunt and inquisition.Don't get me started on inflicting pain.

Who's next on your list of people to rid this forum of? Jews, Women, Blacks? Nice comeback, why not compare me to Hitler, because I'm against spamming in the content.

MS Sunshine

Alobar 07-12-2004 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I say we just turn the reins over to gabbyyy and see how it goes"

I have issues with Gabby, but none have to do with spamming. You would be off the island so before Gabs.

MS Sunshine

[/ QUOTE ]

neet, im exiled too? what for?

Syntax 07-12-2004 03:16 PM

I challenge you to:

A) Define Spam
B) Point to at least one post that proves I am a spammer and how it qualifies as spam.
c) Define "respectable poster"

ArchAngel71857 07-12-2004 03:17 PM

I would like to know, in your opinion, what qualifies one as a "respected poster".

Not you.

-AA

Syntax 07-12-2004 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to know, in your opinion, what qualifies one as a "respected poster".

Not you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a little upset that you couldn't figure out a witty way to incorporate cousin phucking into this one.

fnurt 07-12-2004 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who's next on your list of people to rid this forum of? Jews, Women, Blacks?

[/ QUOTE ]

If this statement does not invoke Godwin's Law, it certainly must invoke some corollary thereof.

Dude, you annoyed some people, for better or for worse. You don't need to write essays to explain why you don't want those people in charge of whether you stay or go, we get it already. Next case.

tiltboy 07-12-2004 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[snip]
Who's next on your list of people to rid this forum of? Jews, Women, Blacks? Nice comeback, why not compare me to Hitler, because I'm against spamming in the content.

MS Sunshine

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that would envoke Godwin's Law.

FWIW, I totally agree with your position MS. I participate on several other forums that use participant/moderators and they generally work very well. On those forums, if a moderator gets out of line they can lose their moderation privledges. There is no freedom-of-speech issue as 2+2 is not a government agency as far as I know. I've actually suggested this very thing to Mat before but he was unreceptive. I personally don't think anything will change as long as it appears to the powers-that-be that their readership is growing. The problem with that is that 2+2 may may be growing just because the the current increase in popularity of poker. What happens when that growth eventually levels off and begins to fall and Mat and company begin to wonder how to get back their former loyal participants? All they'll be left with is Syntax and the multiple incarnations of various spammers and flame-baiters. Who is going to want to stick around to read their drivel?

Syntax 07-12-2004 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it appears to the powers-that-be that their readership is growing. The problem with that is that 2+2 may may be growing just because the the current increase in popularity of poker. What happens when that growth eventually levels off and begins to fall and Mat and company begin to wonder how to get back their former loyal participants?

[/ QUOTE ]

this sounds so familiar.. oh maybe because it is exactly what I said about how Party Poker was run and i was torched for it..... hypocrisy runs deep in this forum.

daryn 07-12-2004 03:56 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
*YAWN*

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY.

daryn 07-12-2004 04:08 PM

a "respectable poster" in my mind is someone who always tries to help out a new poster, someone who has been around for a while, and someone who actually engages in poker discussion and whose ideas makes sense.

if i had to name 3 fast, i would say:

homer
joe tall
el diablo, although his wicked side comes out too often (but not as often as mine)

that is a fast 10 second off the top of my head list. there are many others and they're easy to spot

ArchAngel71857 07-12-2004 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Not you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a little upset that you couldn't figure out a witty way to incorporate cousin phucking into this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Upset like back in '78 when you got caught phuckin your cousin?

-AA

tiltboy 07-12-2004 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it appears to the powers-that-be that their readership is growing. The problem with that is that 2+2 may may be growing just because the the current increase in popularity of poker. What happens when that growth eventually levels off and begins to fall and Mat and company begin to wonder how to get back their former loyal participants?

[/ QUOTE ]

this sounds so familiar.. oh maybe because it is exactly what I said about how Party Poker was run and i was torched for it..... hypocrisy runs deep in this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]
Boy, you have a thin skin. People disagreed with your opinion about this and expressed it. You expected to say something like this on an Internet forum and get no reaction? It's ironic you mention hypocricy since I think the whole reason you put up that post was to stir up [censored] and then you want to act all highly offended about the reaction to it. Stay, leave, I don't really care. Your act is just getting as old as dirt.

Oski 07-12-2004 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your living in your own Private Idaho.

Terry99 07-12-2004 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Boy, you have a thin skin. People disagreed with your opinion about this and expressed it. You expected to say something like this on an Internet forum and get no reaction? It's ironic you mention hypocricy since I think the whole reason you put up that post was to stir up [censored] and then you want to act all highly offended about the reaction to it. Stay, leave, I don't really care. Your act is just getting as old as dirt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't pay attention to Tiltboy. Tiltboy is a lowlife scum and he is an admitted con-artist.

Terry99 07-12-2004 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You used the wrong form of "your" in your sentence. That means you are an idiot.

Oski 07-12-2004 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You used the wrong form of "your" in your sentence. That means you are an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never mind, bad inside joke

Mat Sklansky 07-13-2004 10:09 AM

This thread which you have started is what people are complaining about. It's a moot debate. I won't delete this thread, because I make it a point to never delete posts which direct criticism towards me. However, you are very close to being barred. Not because I am sure you are a "spammer", but because you are annoying people. Plenty of people. And instead of shaking off what may be unfair criticism, you are obsessed with defending yourself, and now starting useless threads.

This thread will now be locked. You are welcome to stay as a contributer. You are welcome to ask questions about sites and even give your opinions on those sites provided it is not an obvious ongoing promotion.

This rather long message is meant to be directed at others with similar problems. And I willl repeat what I have said numerous times: if you see a post which needs my attention, notify me.

Mat