Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Party Poker's player's club points- Ok, lets do something about this. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=390215)

jwvdcw 12-02-2005 09:06 PM

Party Poker\'s player\'s club points- Ok, lets do something about this.

As many of you know, PartyPoker offers total crap prizes as redemption for collected Player's Club points. Whereas Stars offers a number of good poker books, all you can get from Party is some apparel with the PartyPoker logo right on it.

They do offer freerolls, but they are so low limit(like a $50 prize for a 1000 entry tourney) that its not even worth it for any medium stakes or higher player.

Anyway, I figure that if we all speak up, Party will be more likely to listen. So I'm trying to get as many people as I can to email Party within the next few days about this issue. Send an email to as many different sources as you can(For example: if you're a VIP member, then email VIP in addition to the regular info@partypoker.com. And also send an email to any of the "higher-ups" in the company if you happen to know their email from a past issue).

Also, try to get your friends to do the same and post this message on any other message boards you may know of where poker is popular.

Lets see if we can get something done that will benefit all who play on Party. Thanks.

Post here if you've emailed them.

PartySNGer 12-02-2005 09:10 PM

Re: Party Poker\'s player\'s club points- Ok, lets do something about th

Pretty good idea. If you look at the other top poker rooms like ultimate bet and pokerstars you'll notice their points redemption options are much, much better than Party. I think (hope) Party will get their act together in this regard and start offering better prizes and maybe even money coupons like Empire offers.

DavidC 12-02-2005 09:24 PM

Re: Party Poker\'s player\'s club points- Ok, lets do something about this.

While we're at it (no sarcasm intended). Why not get everyone to sit at (and not play) on a few 6-max tables, to reduce the players to 5 per table, to reduce the rake (party recently upped their rake on 6-max tables).

I'd be totally up for doing this.

--Dave.

12-02-2005 10:00 PM

I emailed them, told them I'd rather just have freaking money. I don't care if its $.03 per point. I already ordered a beanie. That's the best option they have. And its not even close.

TylerD 12-02-2005 10:14 PM

they have a $100,000 freroll each week for 20,000 points, its worth about $50 IIRC

jwvdcw 12-02-2005 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they have a $100,000 freroll each week for 20,000 points, its worth about $50 IIRC

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is one worthwhile thing I guess. I'd still imagine that there are tons of higher level players who would still consider that pretty much a waste of time though. And thats like what, every month? I have something ridiculous like 400,000 points...what am I going to spend the rest on?

If they offered books, I could just buy the ones I need and sell the rest.

jwvdcw 12-02-2005 10:38 PM

FYI, heres the email I sent. And no, I don't really believe my last paragraph, but I find that its better to be nice....

Hi,

I just wanted to make a suggestion: You should offer more options for redeeming player's club points. I can think of two things that I would really like:

1. An option to purchase popular poker books with our points. PokerStars does this and is very successful.

2. Higher buy in freerolls. The 20000 $100K freeroll is good for lower level players, but for those who generally play $200 buy ins and larger, its really not worth our time.

Thanks for your time. I enjoy playing with you due to your excellent customer support, and I hope and expect that to continue. Thanks again.

Sniper 12-03-2005 05:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FYI, heres the email I sent. And no, I don't really believe my last paragraph, but I find that its better to be nice....

[/ QUOTE ]

Just FYI... Party support reads these forums! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

12-03-2005 12:41 PM

Good post.. bump

fyodor 12-03-2005 12:51 PM

Dear fyodor,

In regard to your email, the PartyPoker.com VIP Club has been setup to reward player who generate a high number of Player Club Points every month playing at our tables.

We assess players on an individual basis, taking into consideration level of play and length of time spent at our tables. Player who meet our criteria, are invited to join the PartyPoker.com VIP Club.

Members of our VIP Club will benefit from Monthly Promotions, personalized email and telephone support, special free rolls, cash redemption for Player Club Points and invitations to special land Based events.

I hope this gives you a clearer picture of our PartyPoker.com VIP Club. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Lucy
PartyPoker.com VIP Club
Customer

WackityWhiz 12-03-2005 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I emailed them, told them I'd rather just have freaking money. I don't care if its $.03 per point. I already ordered a beanie. That's the best option they have. And its not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

if they offered $0.03 per point, there would be a lot of happy people. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

12-03-2005 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dear fyodor,

In regard to your email, the PartyPoker.com VIP Club has been setup to reward player who generate a high number of Player Club Points every month playing at our tables.

We assess players on an individual basis, taking into consideration level of play and length of time spent at our tables. Player who meet our criteria, are invited to join the PartyPoker.com VIP Club.

Members of our VIP Club will benefit from Monthly Promotions, personalized email and telephone support, special free rolls, cash redemption for Player Club Points and invitations to special land Based events.

I hope this gives you a clearer picture of our PartyPoker.com VIP Club. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Lucy
PartyPoker.com VIP Club
Customer

[/ QUOTE ]

They really are just a bunch of idiots.

excession 12-03-2005 01:11 PM

Party are on the way down now I think...if Stars sorts out some kind of decent bonus scheme for Ring (which Lee seems to be promising when he says that the lack of rakeback will be a 'non-issue' soon) then Party are going to lose the #1 slot very soon..

jwvdcw 12-03-2005 04:45 PM

My response from info@partypoker:

Dear Assani,

Thank you for contacting us.

We are pleased to note your approval and eagerness to play on our site, and we
also appreciate your suggestions. We do make changes and upgrades in our
software from time to time owing to popular demand. Please feel free to contact
us with any further suggestions you might have, to help us make PartyPoker.com
the premier destination for poker players.

We thank you continued support and for helping us in making Partypoker.com the
premier destination of poker players.

We wish you good luck and hope you have an enjoyable gaming experience on our
site.

If you have further questions, suggestions and/or concerns, please contact us
via our live chat feature or simply reply to this message.

Rajesh
Poker Customer Care

And my response from vip@partypoker:

Dear Assani,

Thank you for contacting us.

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I have already forwarded them to my
manager who will surely read them and make a decision whether to implement them
or not.

It is because of players like yourself that we are able to improve our site and
offer players the best we can.

Once again, thank you for your suggestions. I wish you the best of luck at our
tables and hope you have a great day.

Should you require further assistance, our Customer Care Department is available
24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Alfred
PokerPoker.com VIP Club
Customer Care

12-03-2005 04:52 PM

I will pass on this forum link to my manager, thanks for the suggestions!

MicroBob 12-03-2005 05:07 PM

party has already said that they will be adding items to their store...including cash for points and electronic items (like I-pods and what-not).

when they will actually get around to doing this is anyone's guess. but they have mentioned this before and no new news has come in the responses in this thread/.

12-03-2005 05:35 PM

I agree; Party DESPERATELY needs new schwag to give away.

Empire has an excellent collection of choices. It doesn't bother me if things have the Party logo on them, if they are nice things or things I would want anyway.

Electronics are a nice step in the right direction. . .

There are major catalogs from firms that do re-branded merchandise. I used to order from one for my company. There's absolutely no reason an outfit like Party can't offer a wide selection of customized items, including executive pens, drink holders, mugs, key rings, mugs, lighters, flashlights/torches, clocks, desktop items, bags and cases, travel mugs/coozies/car carriers, tools, candy, coffee, baloons, there's no end to it.

If Party sold Dunkin' Donuts brand coffee grounds, I would get a lot. I drink it by the gallon while playing. Or Dunkin' Donuts coupons.

Stress balls to throw. Or a stress pad for pounding the table on a suck-out.

Folding chairs for the beach. Barstools for the home poker set.

Check out positivepromotions.com or abetteridea.com, and qualitylogoproducts.com. I'll bet anyone here can find some things they wouldn't mind blowing party points on.

Notepads. Chip clips. Tumblers.

Playing cards, for chrissake.

I know someone who'd get Party Dice.

I'd love the following:

http://www.qualitylogoproducts.com/o...ine-opener.htm

http://www.qualitylogoproducts.com/c...er-pointer.htm

http://www.qualitylogoproducts.com/c...t-pen-y201.htm

http://www.qualitylogoproducts.com/custo...FTOKEN=99698315

Finding a bunch of items I wouldn't mind getting took me two minutes. What would you like?

gabyyyyy 12-03-2005 05:38 PM

Look folks. Any of the veteran party players here know that management could give a [censored] less about customer satisfaction.

In fact there have been several players with large rake contributions who threatened closing their accounts. They were told oh well sorry to hear this..

They just don't care. Nothing will change their minds, NOTHING.

Sniper 12-03-2005 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party are on the way down now I think...if Stars sorts out some kind of decent bonus scheme for Ring (which Lee seems to be promising when he says that the lack of rakeback will be a 'non-issue' soon) then Party are going to lose the #1 slot very soon..

[/ QUOTE ]

Party is generating at least 5x the revenue of Stars.. there is no Poker site even close!!!

12-03-2005 08:53 PM

I have over 300,000 pp points. Trying to make a statement that their stuff isn't worth anything, one day I ordered 50 beanies cause there's nothing else to do with the points. 2 weeks later, sure enough I get a box with 50 yellow PP beanies in it. I took it to the goodwill, so maybe some homeless people will have warm heads this winter.

crunchy1 12-04-2005 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have over 300,000 pp points. Trying to make a statement that their stuff isn't worth anything, one day I ordered 50 beanies cause there's nothing else to do with the points. 2 weeks later, sure enough I get a box with 50 yellow PP beanies in it. I took it to the goodwill, so maybe some homeless people will have warm heads this winter.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tax write-off possibility?

jman220 12-04-2005 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Tax write-off possibility?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, do you think he declared recieving the beanies as income in the first place?

CORed 12-04-2005 03:29 PM

You mean you don't want to be rewarded for being a loyal customer by being allowed to provide free advertising for Party? What's up with that?

jwvdcw 12-04-2005 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

4thstreetpete 12-04-2005 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

MicroBob 12-04-2005 08:12 PM

I think that's a kinda dumb thing to do considering that they have already announced that they will add electronics to the store and will be having a points-for-cash promotion in the future.

I've been using some of mine on the 15k and 20k points tourneys (that they liberally refer to as 'freerolls').

12-04-2005 11:39 PM

I think they should add a computer mouse so I can replace mine without going to the store.

(It's not the throwing of the mouse that hurts it... it's the sudden stop).

Greg J 12-04-2005 11:45 PM

Well this is just great. I guess Microbob wants homeless people to have cold heads. Merry Christmas to you too (heartless bastard!).

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

jwvdcw 12-07-2005 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that's a kinda dumb thing to do considering that they have already announced that they will add electronics to the store and will be having a points-for-cash promotion in the future.

I've been using some of mine on the 15k and 20k points tourneys (that they liberally refer to as 'freerolls').

[/ QUOTE ]

When did they announce this? If anything, us emailing them will only cause them to do this more quickly....it can't hurt at all to tell the business what we, as customers, want.