Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Taco Bell (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=303227)

dtbog 07-29-2005 11:08 AM

Taco Bell

I think Taco Bell is divinely inspired. Some of my friends think it's total crap.

I'm not much of a fast food person, but if I'm going through any drive-thru, it'd better be this one. A pretty damn decent taco for $1? come on people!

and they have Fire sauce!

this thread is for people singing the praises of Taco Bell. tell a good Taco Bell story or tell me which kinds of fried tortilla + beef + cheese combos you order the most.

durron597 07-29-2005 11:11 AM

Re: Taco Bell

I really like that new crunchwrap supreme.

And the Beef & Potato burrito WITHOUT RED SAUCE is really good.

bennyk 07-29-2005 11:12 AM

shhh, don't let bruiser see this.
bk

moondogg 07-29-2005 11:12 AM

Baja Beef Chalupas, three of them drowned in Fire sauce.

dtbog 07-29-2005 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
shhh, don't let bruiser see this.
bk

[/ QUOTE ]

whatever man, if I run into Bruiser someday I'll treat him to all of the meaty, refried, fatty, saucy Taco Bell tacos he can eat in one sitting. If he turns them down, well, that's not my problem. =)

dtbog 07-29-2005 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
drowned in Fire sauce.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good man, my friend. Good man.

Paluka 07-29-2005 11:14 AM

I think eating at taco bell is similar to eating out of the garbage. But I did it a lot when I was 17.

cbfair 07-29-2005 11:15 AM

Double Decker Tacos are god's own creation.

jakethebake 07-29-2005 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and they have Fire sauce!

[/ QUOTE ]

Fire sauce is excellent for cleaning pennies.

SippinSoma 07-29-2005 11:16 AM

Cheesey. Gordita. Crunch. Game. Over.

SL__72 07-29-2005 11:17 AM

I love that new beef and potato buritto. Taco Bell is without a doubt the best fast food "restaurant"

In fact its the only one I find worthy of eating at.

IndieMatty 07-29-2005 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Easily the best fast food item in existence.

HopeydaFish 07-29-2005 11:19 AM

I think Taco Bell is one of those things that you eventually outgrow. I lived on it in University (mostly because it was so cheap), but now the thought of the stuff makes me want to puke.

jakethebake 07-29-2005 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've looked and haven't found this gordita cheesy cruch thing around here.

Wintermute 07-29-2005 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Some of my friends think it's total crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

People who don't like Tbell are the same people who don't laugh at Helen Keller-bestiality jokes. Jackasses.

Soul Daddy 07-29-2005 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Same here. I wanted to check it out after all the OOT hype a couple of months ago, but it's not on the menu.

moondogg 07-29-2005 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Taco Bell is without a doubt the best fast food "restaurant"

[/ QUOTE ]

Taco Bell is awesome and all, but this statement is just insane.

augie00 07-29-2005 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IndieMatty 07-29-2005 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Same here. I wanted to check it out after all the OOT hype a couple of months ago, but it's not on the menu.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah its not offered everywhere, there were two taco bells I knew of in Manhattan, one had it , the other didn't. Thing is, they have the ability to make it at whim, so if your local taco bell dude is feeling industrious he can make it for you.

spydog 07-29-2005 11:24 AM

Since I move to Ireland a year ago, Taco Bell would be on my top 20 list of things I miss about the US. I've never even seen a burrito on any menu in any restaurant over here (i'm on the rural west coast). However, they just put in a KFC and Pizza Hut in the last month. Isn't Taco Bell part of YUM's holy trinity?

BTW, ESPN is tops on that list by a wide margin. Oh, and broadband.

dtbog 07-29-2005 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Taco Bell is awesome and all, but this statement is just insane because it's so true and I can't believe you figured it out! Way to go!.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

jakethebake 07-29-2005 11:28 AM

Yea. I remember being stationed in Japan w/o the Bell. When we saw the Taco Bell as we landed in Guam, we all thought we'd gone to heaven.

[ QUOTE ]
Since I move to Ireland a year ago, Taco Bell would be on my top 20 list of things I miss about the US. I've never even seen a burrito on any menu in any restaurant over here (i'm on the rural west coast). However, they just put in a KFC and Pizza Hut in the last month. Isn't Taco Bell part of YUM's holy trinity?

BTW, ESPN is tops on that list by a wide margin. Oh, and broadband.

[/ QUOTE ]

Soul Daddy 07-29-2005 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah its not offered everywhere, there were two taco bells I knew of in Manhattan, one had it , the other didn't. Thing is, they have the ability to make it at whim, so if your local taco bell dude is feeling industrious he can make it for you.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is good to know. I'll give it a shot, but my experience with local fast food employees tells me I have a better shot at receiving a blank stare or attitude.

moondogg 07-29-2005 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is good to know. I'll give it a shot, but my experience with local fast food employees tells me I have a better shot at receiving a blank stare or attitude.

[/ QUOTE ]

In what bizarro universe are Taco Bell employees industrious? (besides Demolition Man, obviously).

That's like a "sober, hardworking redneck"

SippinSoma 07-29-2005 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They recently put it back on the menu. However, when it wasn't on the menu, I would ask for it anyway and they always knew what I was talking about. On the menu or not, ask for it the next time you go.

benza13 07-29-2005 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Taco Bell is one of those things that you eventually outgrow. I lived on it in University (mostly because it was so cheap), but now the thought of the stuff makes me want to puke.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lived off the stuff for a couple years in school too, then didn't eat it for a couple more years. I definitely enjoy it again now, not as often, but I don't eat much fast food, so Taco Bell is still one of my most frequent stops.

samjjones 07-29-2005 11:36 AM

I've never eaten Taco Bell in my life, yet I make tacos at home maybe twice a month. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

moondogg 07-29-2005 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never eaten Taco Bell in my life, yet I make tacos at home maybe twice a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which third world country do you live in?

[ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Indeed.

SippinSoma 07-29-2005 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never eaten Taco Bell in my life, yet I make tacos at home maybe twice a month. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because you don't know how to live life.

spydog 07-29-2005 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you've never been drunk????? Or you only drink at home?????

chaas4747 07-29-2005 11:45 AM

This makes up my mind for me. I am having Tbell for lunch. I will post a report.

CCass 07-29-2005 11:45 AM

Taco Bell is the Nuts!

dtbog 07-29-2005 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This makes up my mind for me. I am having Tbell for lunch. I will post a report.

[/ QUOTE ]

please do.

include waiting time, cost, and enjoyment level.

Also please include a segment on the clientele in the restaurant, as that is often the most interesting part of Taco Bell.

Paluka 07-29-2005 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any tacos made at home will be 100x better than a taco bell taco.

jakethebake 07-29-2005 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 100% true, but try making a cheesey gordita baked crunch thingy at home. And convenience is a big part of the Taco Bell attraction as well.

IndieMatty 07-29-2005 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is entirely wrong.

jakethebake 07-29-2005 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any tacos made at Jake's home will be 100x better than a taco bell taco. Taco's made at Matty's home are likely to be shite, however.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is entirely right.

[/ QUOTE ]

SippinSoma 07-29-2005 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 100% true, but try making a cheesey gordita baked crunch thingy at home. And convenience is a big part of the Taco Bell attraction as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who tries making their own cheesey gordita crunch will quickly establish that they are out of their element.

Alobar 07-29-2005 11:51 AM

I dont eat fast food hardly ever, but when I Do, its taco bell. There is just soooo much more variety than your typical menu of "hamburger, fries, soda".

I lived on this [censored] in college. My typical order was bean burrito with no onions, 2 soft tacos, a crunchy taco, nachos supreme with no sour cream. With student discount it came out to less than $5. No where else can you get that much foor for under $5

dtbog 07-29-2005 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With student discount it came out to less than $5. No where else can you get that much foor for under $5

[/ QUOTE ]

A student discount at Taco Bell!?

It seems to me that students, stoners, and the inherent overlap therein form the entire Taco Bell demographic. What kind of discount was it?