Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Best Amusement Park? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=379091)

istewart 11-15-2005 05:48 PM

Best Amusement Park?

I'm afraid of rides (yes, lol) so I don't really know the ins and outs of amusement parks. What are your favorites?

pokerdirty 11-15-2005 05:50 PM

Re: Best Amusement Park?

http://nvcs.stier.org/Senior%20Trip/raptor.jpg

Raptor - Cedar Point, Sandusky, Ohio

Aloysius 11-15-2005 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm afraid of rides (yes, lol) so I don't really know the ins and outs of amusement parks. What are your favorites?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.actionfig.com/simpsons/duff_gardens_2.jpg

istewart 11-15-2005 06:09 PM

lmfao

diebitter 11-15-2005 06:10 PM

http://www.blogwaybaby.com/uploaded_...gas-799920.jpg

imported_anacardo 11-15-2005 06:17 PM

Six Flags Over Texas will always hold a special place in my heart. As a child I lived maybe fifteen minutes away. Bored on a summer morning? Let's hit the Shockwave. (Why they didn't build another coaster between 1980 and 1991 is beyond me.)

I was impressed with Magic Mountain in LA. Less 'fun,' but more no-nonsense ride-based wackiness. "Theme? [censored] that. Dozen roller coasters right next to each other. That's your theme."

peterchi 11-15-2005 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cedar Point, Sandusky, Ohio

[/ QUOTE ]
The only good thing about the state of Ohio.

M2d 11-15-2005 06:36 PM

http://www.t-shirtking.com/graphics/tn138-00222.jpg

4_2_it 11-15-2005 06:46 PM

Universal Islands of Adventure in Orlando. The Hulk Coaster is excellent and the Spiderman ride is the best non-roller coaster ride I'v eever been on.

KaneKungFu123 11-15-2005 06:52 PM

ive only been to the parks in orlando and islands of adventure is the freaking bomb!

Shillx 11-15-2005 06:58 PM

You pussy. The best parks I have been to are Cedar Point (Ohio) and Magic Mountain (CA). On the next tier you have King's Island (Ohio). On the bottom of the list there is Great America in Santa Clara (hey it is close at least but they keep taking out their best rides [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]).

The best ride by far is X at Magic Mountian. You so some crazy [censored] that just can't be put into words. One second you are face up going backwards and the next you are in a face first straight down freefall. If you don't like coasters, it certainly isn't a great place to start but stuff like X will certainly be the new breed of coaster. There is just nothing else like it right now and everyone is speechless after the ride because it is so sick.

toss 11-15-2005 07:08 PM

X of Sixflags California >>> all.

Best Coaster Ever

swede123 11-15-2005 07:20 PM

In terms of exciting rides it's Six Flags Magic Mountain.

In terms of a awesome fun time good food and drink as an adult it's Copenhagen's Tivoli. If you're ever planning to visit Denmark I strongly suggest spending a night at Tivoli.

Swede

NutzyClutz 11-15-2005 07:25 PM

Knoebels

TomCollins 11-15-2005 07:26 PM

Any answer other than Cedar Point is made by someone who is clearly ignorant on the topic. Lock the thread. That's the answer. There is no debate.

jgorham 11-15-2005 07:27 PM

Holy God I love that ride.

Piiop 11-15-2005 07:28 PM

Cedar Point no contest.

imported_anacardo 11-15-2005 07:37 PM

Ohio's up THERE, you know. I'm sure they'll take you back. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Chairman Wood 11-15-2005 07:44 PM

This is the correct answer. It is also the only thing worth a damn in the whole state of Ohio.

mason55 11-15-2005 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any answer other than Cedar Point is made by someone who is clearly ignorant on the topic. Lock the thread. That's the answer. There is no debate.

[/ QUOTE ]

toss 11-15-2005 08:27 PM

Did somebody say Two p Two trip to Magic Mountain?

And the incredibleness factor goes way up when you ride in the rain. I was lucky enough to ride it once when it was pouring outside. It was fecking wild. Couldn't tell what was going on at all.

BeerMoney 11-15-2005 08:29 PM

Whalom Park, for a whale of a time.

Senor Cardgage 11-15-2005 08:34 PM

Cedar Point destroys every other park I have been to. I live in the South but have been there five or six times.

zephed 11-15-2005 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cedar Point destroys every other park I have been to. I live in the South but have been there five or six times.

[/ QUOTE ]
For all you people raving about cedar point, have you been to magic mountain in CA?

tonypaladino 11-15-2005 08:50 PM

I may get [censored] from people for saying this, but Walt Disney World. I have so much freakin fun there, even now. I love it just as much at 22 as when I was 10 years old.

<font color="white"> And please don't tell me "It's not an amusement Park, it' a theme park. That's just splitting hairs. </font>

toss 11-15-2005 08:51 PM

This makes me want to take a Nationwide Theme Park trip next summer. You know criss-cross the coutry staying at hotels hitting up theme parks and B&amp;Ms and play [censored] on my laptop. I should do it.

Hamish McBagpipe 11-15-2005 08:53 PM

I suggest a visit to The Holy Land Experience in Orlando. Featured exhibits include the Wilderness Tabernacle, the Scriptorium, and the Jerusalem Model. The newest attraction is the exciting for all ages "A Day In The Life Of a Monk" exhibit.

Although possibly exceeded in total fun by Opryland, sadly that theme park is now closed. So, The Holy Land Experience is now the "must visit" theme park for all (not open Sundays).

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/2235/aboutus054gb.gif

Hamish McBagpipe 11-15-2005 09:05 PM

But my favorite amusement park playlands are these two...

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/8890/playland5dr.jpg

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/2...ayland20vt.jpg

battschr 11-15-2005 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cedar Point no contest.

[/ QUOTE ]

tdp 11-15-2005 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
For all you people raving about cedar point, have you been to magic mountain in CA?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes,I've been to over 30 amusement parks around the country and Magic Mountain is slightly above average.Nothing even comes close to Cedar Point.Absolutely nothing.

GoCubsGo 11-15-2005 10:06 PM

Magic Mountain has a reputation for being dirty, having rude employees, and filled with rowdy hoodlums. But the rides look awesome.

I've been to Cedar Point and it's by far the best.

toss 11-15-2005 10:14 PM

Didn't really notice about the park being dirty. Didn't think employees were really rude. I'm a rowdy hoodlum!

MrX 11-15-2005 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. Incredible ride selection and quality.

X

MrX 11-15-2005 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I may get [censored] from people for saying this, but Walt Disney World. I have so much freakin fun there, even now. I love it just as much at 22 as when I was 10 years old.

<font color="white"> And please don't tell me "It's not an amusement Park, it' a theme park. That's just splitting hairs. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

This is borderline Milwaukee Best on head territory. Was It's a Small World your favorite ride?

X

Nick-Zack 11-15-2005 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cedar Point no contest.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am amazed how good Cedar Point actually is. I live right in Sandusky and probably took my 2 sons there 40 times this last year - it never gets old.

Randy_Refeld 11-15-2005 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cedar Point no contest.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am amazed how good Cedar Point actually is. I live right in Sandusky and probably took my 2 sons there 40 times this last year - it never gets old.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am from Ohio and didn't realize how good Cedar Point was until I moved away from Ohio.

It is a little bit different, but Busch Gardens in Tampa is also amazing.

MyTurn2Raise 11-15-2005 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly right. Top Thrill Dragster going 123 mph and over 400 feet high cannot be beat. It nearly dragged my eye-brow piercing out. Millenium force rocks. Magnum XL has nearly no wait with the other coasters and it only drops 200 ft. There is also a sweet wooden one that goes on and on and on.

tonypaladino 11-15-2005 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is borderline Milwaukee Best on head territory. Was It's a Small World your favorite ride?

X

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever actually been there, or do you just like to spread douchebaggery around?

(And I think the Beer can on the head thing is getting old, and should technically be considered a poker reference)

maxpower72 11-15-2005 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

MrX 11-15-2005 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

X

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever actually been there, or do you just like to spread douchebaggery around?

(And I think the Beer can on the head thing is getting old, and should technically be considered a poker reference)

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a seasonal Florida resident pass to WDW Orlando several years when I lived in Florida. I experienced WDW from ages 12-22. As far as rides go WDW is not even top 8 as far as parks I have been to.

There was a time in my life I thought WDW was the best around though, but then I got out of Florida (although Tampa Busch Gardens beats it for rides even in FL).

X