Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Own up! (low content) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396704)

ALL1N 12-12-2005 10:00 AM

Own up! (low content)

Alright, which one of you maggots did this??

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Jd Qc (one pair, nines).
Outcome: BB wins 12.25 BB. </font>

ihardlyknowher 12-12-2005 10:05 AM

Re: Own up! (low content)

This link should make you feel better.

TStoneMBD 12-12-2005 05:37 PM

i agree with everything in this hand other than that i might have folded preflop.

flop and turn looks good but once the 9 hits the river the only hand youre splitting against is A8. the rest youre losing to.

Jeff W 12-12-2005 06:50 PM

What is BB's screen name? Looks like a sweeta clone. Unbelievably poor or tilty play.

Surfbullet 12-12-2005 08:32 PM

Wow. That's one helluva hand. Maybe he thought he *ahem* flopped the straight? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

We haven't had many of these types of posts in MHUSH yet...since excessive traffic hasn't been much of a problem yet I'm content to let them die on their own since they usually only last a day or 2. Anyone have any objections to that?

Surf

Alobar 12-12-2005 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
W
We haven't had many of these types of posts in MHUSH yet...since excessive traffic hasn't been much of a problem yet I'm content to let them die on their own since they usually only last a day or 2. Anyone have any objections to that?

[/ QUOTE ]

ban hm!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

TStoneMBD 12-12-2005 08:53 PM

lol wtf?

Sponger15SB 12-12-2005 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
flop and turn looks good but once the 9 hits the river the only hand youre splitting against is A8. the rest youre losing to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually you're still beating QJo

NLfool 12-12-2005 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually you're still beating QJo

[/ QUOTE ]

and JTd but really I think the way the hand played out you kinda have to fold here. Give credit to whoever it is, sometimes you just get owned

mmcd 12-12-2005 10:14 PM

Just to add insult to injury:

Bad laydown. Your turn flatcall and river fold are totally inconsistant. A8 is a significant part of BBs range here. You're getting better than 6-1 for a split.

Surfbullet 12-12-2005 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Bad laydown. Your turn flatcall and river fold are totally inconsistant. A8 is a significant part of BBs range here. You're getting better than 6-1 for a split.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the hands that hero is calling down to hope to beat are overpalyed AK/AQ-type hands. We now lose to those because of the river 9, the fact that we now chop with A8 is the only upside.

Surf

mmcd 12-13-2005 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the hands that hero is calling down to hope to beat are overpalyed AK/AQ-type hands. We now lose to those because of the river 9, the fact that we now chop with A8 is the only upside.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

I think AK/AQ type hands bet/call the turn way more often than checkraise given the flop action, and set/top 2 type hands would bet/3-bet the turn more often than checkraise. Regardless of how often he takes this particular line with a hand that sucked out on the river, the fact remains that his holding will be A8 more often than 16% of the time assuming he is a reasonably aggro blind defender preflop. And there's always the ~2-3% chance the guy was getting frisky with KK-TT or air and the OP wins the hand outright.

TStoneMBD 12-13-2005 12:41 AM

Ah2c 12.5 % 0 6
A9,A8,AA,22,88,99,AK 87.5 %

http://www.propokertools.com/simulator/s...amp;h4=&amp;h5=

this simulation is only over 24 trials. seems way off to me. i cant see our pot equity being 12.5% against that range in which were splitting against 1 hand and losing to the rest lol. could someone pokerstove this for me? mine is broke.

flawless_victory 12-13-2005 01:20 AM

dude, threebets on turn.

istewart 12-13-2005 01:22 AM

I'm getting 12.5% too.

ALL1N 12-15-2005 03:20 PM

Heh, well the point of this post is that I thought the opponent was a 2p2er. Maybe I'm wrong, since nobody owned up (or had the balls to). The guy was DumbAnimal. I'm playing on a trip in Asia, so I have no stats. Feel free to lol at me if the guy is 65/45 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Anyway, for flawless, I was popping on non counterfeiting river cards. I'm not asking repentance for the fold, it seems we all agree it's fine.

Cyas

Jeff W 12-15-2005 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DumbAnimal

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if he's a 2+2er or not(he's probably not a poster), but he's usually solid and I think he also plays 200/400 and 300/600 HU Omaha 8 on Ultimate bet.

DcifrThs 12-15-2005 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dude, threebets on turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

ALL1N 12-15-2005 03:51 PM

hi

Grisgra 12-15-2005 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. That's one helluva hand. Maybe he thought he *ahem* flopped the straight? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

The great thing about this forum is that even the low content posts have high content.

Nice to have a little conversation about how often plays like this get made at the higher level -- when you know that people can make the Big Laydown, being a complete idiot with nothing may be more profitable than it otherwise should be. On a run-of-the-mill 3/6 or even 5/10 (and probably 10/20) table, nobody folds top pair on the river, regardless of the action.

For instance, anyone here ever coldcall a raise on a paired rainbow flop, 3+ players seeing the flop, with nothing, thinking that you can pick up the pot with a bet or raise on the turn and get the flop raiser to fold his top pair or pocket pair (or good ace or whatever) bcs you're representing trips and he knows that's the only thing a Reasonable player would coldcall with?

EDIT: Check out TSTONE's "You'll probably hate this" hand for an example similar to that I'm talking about.

krishanleong 12-15-2005 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

For instance, anyone here ever coldcall a raise on a paired rainbow flop, 3+ players seeing the flop, with nothing, thinking that you can pick up the pot with a bet or raise on the turn and get the flop raiser to fold his top pair or pocket pair (or good ace or whatever) bcs you're representing trips and he knows that's the only thing a Reasonable player would coldcall with?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but it's bloody expensive when they call you down with an overpair.

Krishan

Grisgra 12-15-2005 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but it's bloody expensive when they call you down with an overpair.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I noticed that too . . .