Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Splitting the PL/NL Forums (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=388211)

beset7 11-30-2005 06:12 AM

Splitting the PL/NL Forums

Does anybody else here think it would be nice to have a midlimit forum for 1/2 to 3/6 or so?

Vavavoom 11-30-2005 06:20 AM

Re: Splitting the PL/NL Forums

IMO, diluting the forums means that less traffic actually comes through the SSNL ....

Thus you get less information...I don't know how many people actually browse every forum, but I know that the Mid-limit guys are complaining that they have little traffic in that forum now its been split from Mid/High Limit...

Just my 2c...

sillyarms 11-30-2005 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anybody else here think it would be nice to have a midlimit forum for 1/2 to 3/6 or so?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it would be great. There currently no forum for making the transition to high stakes. And players like me could use one

Toyboy 11-30-2005 06:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it would be great. There currently no forum for making the transition to high stakes. And players like me could use one

[/ QUOTE ]

FlyingStart 11-30-2005 08:17 AM

Yeah, absolutely for it..

mosuavea 11-30-2005 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this as well.

Mercman572 11-30-2005 09:19 AM

i think it's OK as is

4_2_it 11-30-2005 09:40 AM

I like it the way it is, but I am old and fear change so maybe I am not the best person to ask..........

Andrew Fletcher 11-30-2005 09:52 AM

Yes. I just hope the mid-level guys will still stick around and teach us small stakes players. If I played 1/2+, I'd want my own forum.

Actually, you might want to keep 1/2 live in the small stakes forum, since I don't think the play is that different from .10/.20 online.

djoyce003 11-30-2005 09:58 AM

If I was splitting i'd probably start at the 2/4 level at the lowest.....1/2 honestly is no different than .5/1 and .25/.5

DCWGaming 11-30-2005 10:00 AM

If anything needs to be split, its NL/PL 6max and NL/PL full.

PokerFink 11-30-2005 10:12 AM

If you split the forums, SSNL would lose a lot of good advice.

Ghazban 11-30-2005 10:24 AM

I support a division of:
-- smaller than 1/2 online, 1/2 and smaller live
-- 1/2 to 3/6 (or 5/10, arguments could be made for either) online, 2/5-ish (and 5/5?) live
-- everything higher

Particularly deep and/or tricky hands at any level would probably not be rejected outright if posted in this next higher up forum (eg. a .25/.50 online hand with $300 stacks and a history between the players would be fine in the middle forum, a 2/5 live hand with $2000 stacks and some tough decisions would be fine in the high forum).

KowCiller 11-30-2005 10:37 AM

I agree with Ghaz, Soah and others in the MHNL post regarding the split breakdown.

KoW

Hattifnatt 11-30-2005 10:39 AM

Would be very nice IMO.

jkkkk 11-30-2005 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I support a division of:
-- smaller than 1/2 online, 1/2 and smaller live
-- 1/2 to 3/6 (or 5/10, arguments could be made for either) online, 2/5-ish (and 5/5?) live
-- everything higher

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the way it should be split imo.

pmuir10 11-30-2005 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, absolutely for it..

[/ QUOTE ]

zaphod 11-30-2005 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. But the most important thing is that we get a split. This forum is getting really crowded, and good posts get lost soon.

teamdonkey 11-30-2005 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am old and fear change

[/ QUOTE ]

schwza 11-30-2005 12:28 PM

my selfish answer (i'm playing .5/1 right now) is that they should be kept together. the stt forum has everyone posting with a subject line like "($55) TPTK etc" so you can see immediately what the buy-in is, which i think would be good regardless of what happens with splitting.

Godfather80 11-30-2005 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TRUTH....TRUUUUUUUUUUTH.

Isura 11-30-2005 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TRUTH....TRUUUUUUUUUUTH.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a bad way to split the forum. So you are implying that NL25 6-max and NL400 6-max are more similar than NL400 full vs NL400 6-max?

mosuavea 11-30-2005 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TRUTH....TRUUUUUUUUUUTH.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a bad way to split the forum. So you are implying that NL25 6-max and NL400 6-max are more similar than NL400 full vs NL400 6-max?

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, then you are getting into the same problem they had with the limit short hand forum that is now split. I think the splt should pertain mostly to the SSNL forum as ghazban mentioned

xorbie 11-30-2005 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TRUTH....TRUUUUUUUUUUTH.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

xorbie 11-30-2005 12:47 PM

Also if we do split the forums, which I heartily endorse, we will need a new mod for the SSNL because I'm not gonna do both.

Godfather80 11-30-2005 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TRUTH....TRUUUUUUUUUUTH.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. I'm saying that I like the forum how it is and offerring a dumber split in the hopes of confusing the argument. <wink>

ajmargarine 11-30-2005 02:10 PM

I support a division of:

small -- .50/$1 and below
mid -- 1/2 to 4/8
high -- 5/10 and up

Needs to be done. Sooner the better.

beavens 11-30-2005 02:18 PM

as long as our good midlimit friends slum in the SSNL forums and enlighten us with their knowledge.

4_2_it 11-30-2005 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also if we do split the forums, which I heartily endorse, we will need a new mod for the SSNL because I'm not gonna do both.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are plenty of solid posters who I think can handle it. Grunch??????

TheWorstPlayer 11-30-2005 02:22 PM

I think mid limit players should have to provide proof of winning play before posting in small stakes. Otherwise people will listen to all of their crap advice just based on the fact that they play higher.

4_2_it 11-30-2005 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think mid limit players should have to provide proof of winning play before posting in small stakes. Otherwise people will listen to all of their crap advice just based on the fact that they play higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, wait a minute, I resemble that remark [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Edit - Love your new title [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

beavens 11-30-2005 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do you think people listen to what someone has to say based more on the level they play at rather than the content of their posts?

TheWorstPlayer 11-30-2005 02:26 PM

4_2: Thanks! Me too!

beavens: Nah, I was just being a sarcastic bastard. And slyly pointing out the fact that some mid limit players post really crap advice.

beavens 11-30-2005 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
beavens: Nah, I was just being a sarcastic bastard. And slyly pointing out the fact that some mid limit players post really crap advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

ah, i didn't see the title - my bad!

i think everyone posts crappy advice from time to time.. i know i've posted some of the biggest moran lines ever.

if it makes sense to me, i'll listen to it. if it doesn't, i'll just ask for clarification. if they can't give that, then i forget what i've read [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

4_2_it 11-30-2005 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

if it makes sense to me, i'll listen to it. if it doesn't, i'll just ask for clarification. if they can't give that, then i forget what i've read

[/ QUOTE ]

This should be posted in the FAQ.

jhall23 11-30-2005 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4_2: Thanks! Me too!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure there are actually some people who don't think to in depth about what some say and might fall prey this, but anyone who has 1/2 a brain shouldn't just be taking things at face value.

BTW, just noticed your title change. Was that Xorbies doing? I like it, but now maybe people in other forums won't misread your sarcastic posts as much and they will loose some value. Hmm.

Also in response to the thread in general. I'm for the split though I could handle if it didn't happen. The best thing is maybe some of those guys who for some reason can't stand to post 2/4 hands here will get involved in more discussions after the split.

The 5/10 cutoff for High and .5/1 for low with everything else in mid makes the most sense to me.

beavens 11-30-2005 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

if it makes sense to me, i'll listen to it. if it doesn't, i'll just ask for clarification. if they can't give that, then i forget what i've read

[/ QUOTE ]

This should be posted in the FAQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

common sense is a wonderful thing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

unfortunately it only comes in rare spurts for me.

KowCiller 11-30-2005 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do you think people listen to what someone has to say based more on the level they play at rather than the content of their posts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a feeling many people do precisely that.

In many cases you are "correct" to do so, especially if the poster has worked their way up through the levels. Not always the case though.

KoW

TheWorstPlayer 11-30-2005 03:29 PM

After thinking about it, I realise this even holds true in the non-strategy forums. Look at El D's and Sucker's posts in NVG and OOT.

KowCiller 11-30-2005 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After thinking about it, I realise this even holds true in the non-strategy forums. Look at El D's and Sucker's posts in NVG and OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Precisely.