Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Ask citanul anything: (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=302294)

citanul 07-28-2005 02:56 AM

Ask citanul anything:

Please use this thread to ask anything you want.

Particularly any newbie questions can go in here, and you will receive quality responses from me.

Hopefully this will relieve some clutter of questions that would otherwise be repetitive, be amusing maybe, and improve the FAQ in the long run.

enjoy,

citanul

ClaytonN 07-28-2005 03:00 AM

Re: Ask citanul anything:

Hi Citanul:

I have 2k net worth, going to college in the fall. I have played 100 11's with a 14% ROI and 16 22's with a 45% ROI.

Going into college SNG's will take a backseat somewhat until I am confident I can manage them along with my studies.

Now, the question: What's the proper amount of money to invest in poker with 2k net funds? Part of me thinks it boils down to personal preference, but if it were you, would you take x amount and put it into the 11's, or put more money into 22's? 33's are not an option at the moment for me, even though it's probably only half my net worth when you factor a somewhat comfortable 30 buyins.

Basically, how much of your net worth are you risking? Are you going to risk more to make more or start small and build all over again?

curtains 07-28-2005 03:03 AM

citanul the $200s seem much tougher lately. Is this trend going to continue? Where are all the fish? HELP!! Feel free to delete [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

citanul 07-28-2005 03:09 AM

Clayton,

This all depends on several things:

a) are you going to have a job or another source of income while away at college?
b) how much time will you have available to play?
c) etc.

If you're going to be playing the 11s, and not that often, for instance, it's hardly worth it at all to sacrifice time you could be spending doing schoolwork, hanging out, doing activities, etc. The time will be much better spent doing anything at all other than making a few bucks playing cards, even taking a job at the library.

If you simply must have poker in your life, and the money isn't really meaningful to you, I'd start play at the 10s and move up from there, keeping a dedicated bankroll, that way you will not impinge too much on your net worth.

citanul

citanul 07-28-2005 03:11 AM

curtains,

The 200s feel harder because you were on a hot streak before. You were winning a whole lot and now you are winning less. This is because you actually kinda stink at poker. And life.

Alternatively it's because FieryJustice is getting all the fish money before you get to it, because he is willing to play more games per day than you.

Never fear, WSOP coverage is coming, and with it, zillions of new fish.

citanul

Colonel Kataffy 07-28-2005 03:15 AM

Ok, so my friend takes me to this stupid house party the other night. While I'm there, I meet this girl that is all over me. I get her phone number and all is good. I call her up, I make a date. Then a few hours before I'm gonna meet up with her, this stupid son of a bitch basically tells me that he's into her and he's been pining over her and what not. I don't know what to do, this girl is clearly willing to sleep with me any time i want. Finally, I say F it, and I tell her i gotta go and ditch her.

How F'd up is my friend. I mean, shouldn't he have told me right off the bat. If he wanted to call "dibs" on her, isn't there some kind of obligation to do it before I make a date with her. Anyway, what should I have done? Slept with her or appease my jackass wussy friend that can't get her anyway?

The Yugoslavian 07-28-2005 03:20 AM

True friends don't cockblock unless you've found a hidden iceberg or are Orca hunting while very drunk. If this is the first time you've heard about your friends 'pining' and he's leveraging it on you as a cockblock...then you need new friends.

Yugoslav
A true friend should offer his car/house/couch/shirt off of his back to assist you in your quest for batches...

vinyard 07-28-2005 03:23 AM

I realize that your gf tolerates you being up with the 'puter on at 2 in the morning because you need to play to make a living. How pissed do you think she'll be when/if she finds out that you were actually up moderating this board and playing poker's version of Dear Abby?

Mr_J 07-28-2005 03:24 AM

This one isn't even close. Your mate is a moron, you got in there first so she's all yours. I wouldn't have ditched her.

Colonel Kataffy 07-28-2005 03:29 AM

Thanks Yugo, thats how I feel about it. He's definitley dropped in my book.

[ QUOTE ]
A true friend should offer his car/house/couch/shirt off of his back to assist you in your quest for batches...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so true. I've done this for other guys in the past. Once I gave an out of town friend my room for the for the night so he could get lucky. I slept on the F''k'n floor. I didn't mind cause he'd do the same. This other guy is definitly a dick now as far as i'm concerned. Though i'll prolly be less pissed off about it in the morning when i'm sober.

ChrisV 07-28-2005 03:31 AM

I can't believe you folded. This is the most obvious push ever. Forget about whether or not your wussy friend is going to end up OOTM, and just slide it all in.

LotsOfOuts69 07-28-2005 03:33 AM

...And this locked thread has already been hijacked.......

Colonel Kataffy 07-28-2005 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This one isn't even close. Your mate is a moron, you got in there first so she's all yours. I wouldn't have ditched her.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, I agree he is a moron, but...yes, I was the first to make an actual move, but he was the first to know her and have his eye on her and stuff. Does this make a difference? Keep in mind, he didn't let me know this untill after i made my move.

Mr_J 07-28-2005 03:38 AM

" Keep in mind, he didn't let me know this untill after i made my move."

Then it's not your problem. That's like going into a shop and buying something, then someone else comes along and says that they were going to buy it. First in first served.

If you had known he liked her then that'd be different (for most people [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]), but you didn't so it's not.

AceofSpades 07-28-2005 03:46 AM

Re: Ask citanul anything: Pushing?

Should I pushing Ax in the SB with blinds at 75/150 and a stack of ~900?

Are there any guidelines for pushing that you could offer when play gets down to 4-6 ppl left?

ace_in_the_hole 07-28-2005 03:48 AM

I find myself pushing lots of weak aces a2-a7 in levels 4-6 with about 6-9 BB. Is this a profitable play in the 22's?

Colonel Kataffy 07-28-2005 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I find myself pushing lots of weak aces a2-a7 in levels 4-6 with about 6-9 BB. Is this a profitable play in the 22's?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on how many people are left to act in front of you. In the small blind--its a no brainer, utg--not so much. Inbetween is a spectrum that I have yet to master.

microbet 07-28-2005 04:04 AM

Dear Citanul,

Was starting this thread idiotic or ingenious?

- Ida Know

07-28-2005 04:27 AM

You wanna play pokemon sometime? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

lacky 07-28-2005 04:32 AM

nh

fluorescenthippo 07-28-2005 04:43 AM

Its like the entire OOT forum in one thread

johnny005 07-28-2005 04:44 AM

The other night I was at this party..
I got lucky with this girl I didnt really know..
I woke up the next day with this burning(down there) do you have any idea why this might be?

Phill S 07-28-2005 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The other night I was at this party..
I got lucky with this girl I didnt really know..
I woke up the next day with this burning(down there) do you have any idea why this might be?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did ya stick it in her pooper?

Yugo gay, gay wrong yada yada.

See pulp fiction for correct definition of friendship, you aint close to being friends till he is scooping up your black guy's brains.

Phill
ps, NOW its the entire OOT in one thread.
pps, nice concept btw, delete this one and start a new one methinks.

curtains 07-28-2005 05:21 AM

Yeah start new one and delete all stupid posts by people like me

Mr_J 07-28-2005 05:44 AM

What was he expecting, he didn't specify whether it had to be serious or poker related...

Big Limpin' 07-28-2005 07:54 AM

Is it intentional that CITANUL = LUNATIC backwards?
This only ocurred to me after all this time.

'NIPMIL GIB

yid3655 07-28-2005 08:05 AM

Citanul

When you are playing x amount of stts at a time, whether it be 1 or 8, how much are you focusing on your opponents. Are you using the player note facility and what type of information are you looking to record that will prove helpful?

thanks [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

SCfuji 07-28-2005 08:48 AM

lol lunatic. ahahahahaha.

FoxwoodsFiend 07-28-2005 08:54 AM

How many legs would a dog have if we called tails legs?

FoxwoodsFiend 07-28-2005 08:57 AM

Citanul, what have you noticed about the change in play of the Party SnGs since they started introducing the 75/150 level? I was doing very well at the SnGs before the change, and have only played about 100 since then but have found it harder to consistently place ITM. Granted, this is a small sample size as I'm now playing cash games, but I was wondering if you knew of any differences between the two structures?

2callzU 07-28-2005 09:10 AM

Hi Citanul. I think this sticky is a really good idea BTW. Anyways. I was wondering what you think of a few ideas that I have that may or may not be good for the forums. Ok....

1) Have you ever or would you consider stickying a bad beat trash can (or whatever you want to call it) where newbs and anybody else dealing with frustrating beats could vent in? This is just a thought and I'm actually not expecting too much consideration into this but I would like to hear what you think of it.

2) Have you ever considered doing a forum awards (just for fun) where you and other "veteran" 2+2ers can be nominated for ceratain categories? Like maybe do a subpoll to choose nominees for a certain category and then a poll where we actually vote the winners of the awards. This just seems like something fun that you could do. I dunno.

I would like to hear your thoughts on these ideas and I'd also like to hear any ideas that you are considering or have thought of in the past. TY.

codewarrior 07-28-2005 09:14 AM

Ask yourself, "If I were the forum moderator, would I think this post merited a sticky?"

Oh, wait...

2callzU 07-28-2005 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ask yourself, "If I were the forum moderator, would I think this post merited a sticky?"

Oh, wait...

[/ QUOTE ] Dude wtf are you doing? Don't you see you are ruining this sticky? All of you arrogant jerks feel the need to reply and can't seem to just shut the f' up. Here man ask yourself this. "If i was the moderator and I created a sticky that I wanted to benefit this forum, would I want a bunch of idiots interfering and making me read twice as many posts as I should have to? I won't post anything else concerning this matter since you are making me contribute to the destruction of a very good sticky. I just felt somebody had to adress the issue. Sheesh.

durron597 07-28-2005 10:08 AM

Hi citanul:

I have a confidence issue where I don't play unless I am confident I will bring my A game. Thus I spend a lot of time posting when I should be just playing. Thus my ridiculously high posts/lifetime profits ratio.

Any thoughts on how to make myself less nervous in that regard despite being confident that I am a winning player (at least at lower limits)?

Big Limpin' 07-28-2005 10:09 AM

Booze

durron597 07-28-2005 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Booze

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a bad idea, I play better with a little booze. Still working on the right amount to maximize EV.

mlagoo 07-28-2005 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Booze

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a bad idea, I play better with a little booze. Still working on the right amount to maximize EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've found about 3 beers helps me get it allin on the bubble when I need to.

Any more than 5 or so and i start getting it allin 6 handed a bit more than I should.

I'm a lightweight.

valenzuela 07-28-2005 10:44 AM

There are three main type of hamburgers in Mc Donald.
The Big Mac.
The quarter pounder.
Whats the name of the other hamburger in english?

Maulik 07-28-2005 11:15 AM

'hamburger' its about .69

bluewilde 07-28-2005 11:20 AM

The Big 'n Tasty?