Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Your college football Top 5 now? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=334164)

antidan444 09-11-2005 12:32 AM

Your college football Top 5 now?

I'm really curious to see what people think after these first two weeks. I'm not even sure what I think.

Vince Young 09-11-2005 12:43 AM

Re: Your college football Top 5 now?

T1. USC
T1. Texas
3. Virginia Tech
4. Ohio State
5. LSU

pokerdirty 09-11-2005 01:00 AM

Vince, i love ya for putting OSU 4, but they won't stay ahead of LSU who beat a good ASU team @ ASU, especially since they can play the Katrina card all season long.

i expect to see

1. USC
2. Texas
3. Tenn
4. LSU
5. Va Tech

OSU will be 9 or 10 (hopefully [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img])

It'll be interesting to see where they put ND

antidan444 09-11-2005 01:06 AM

I'm more interested in hearing what people believe they should be ... not what they think the (mostly moronic)pollsters will do. Just to clarify.

justin D 09-11-2005 01:08 AM

1. USC
2. Texas
3. Tennessee
4. Virginia Tech
5. LSU

6. Ohio State
7. Florida
8. Georgia
9. Florida State
10. Notre Dame

battschr 09-11-2005 01:09 AM

1. USC
2. Texas
3. Va Tech
4. LSU
5. Notre Dame

Vince Young 09-11-2005 01:09 AM

No way I'm putting Tennessee in the top 5 after scoring 17 on Alabama-Birmingham. We'll see when they play Florida, who would be #6 in my poll, this week. No way will Ohio State drop 5 places, especially with Iowa and Michigan losing worse to worse opponents.

pokerdirty 09-11-2005 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm more interested in hearing what people believe they should be ... not what they think the (mostly moronic)pollsters will do. Just to clarify.

[/ QUOTE ]

i understand, but the average fan's vote doesn't count. it'll (mostly) even out by the end of the year anyways.

pokerdirty 09-11-2005 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No way I'm putting Tennessee in the top 5 after scoring 17 on Alabama-Birmingham. We'll see when they play Florida, who would be #6 in my poll, this week. No way will Ohio State drop 5 places, especially with Iowa and Michigan losing worse to worse opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought this too, but it tends to be move up until you lose, without much skipping and jumping. the pollsters love to sink the big 10, and will do this especially since the big 3 all lost today.

otis_nixon 09-11-2005 02:09 AM

1.USC
2.Texas
3.LSU
4.Florida
5.Notre Dame
6.Georgia
7.Va Tech
8.Ohio State
9.Tennessee
10.Alabama

Victor 09-11-2005 04:49 AM

you are all rating osu waaaaay too high. they will lost 3 games this season. hopefully they will hire a good nfl coordinator in 4 yrs.

battschr 09-11-2005 04:55 AM

Wow, you're REALLY unhappy w/ Mr. Tressel, aren't you?

Victor 09-11-2005 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, you're REALLY unhappy w/ Mr. Tressel, aren't you?

[/ QUOTE ]

did you watch the game?

battschr 09-11-2005 04:56 AM

Yes, and I thought he did a shitty job. Just not enough to make a post in every thread of the sports forum about it.

Victor 09-11-2005 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, and I thought he did a shitty job. Just not enough to make a post in every thread of the sports forum about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i need to let it be known to the all osu discussions. note that i did not mention it in the tribe thread.

kasey2004 09-11-2005 05:05 AM

1. Texas
2. USC
3. Va Tech
4. Georgia
5. Florida

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Kasey [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

mmbt0ne 09-11-2005 12:31 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
1. Texas
2. USC
3. Va Tech
4. Georgia
5. Florida

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Kasey [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wha-huh?

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be who I actually thing the best 5 are, or what I expect the polls to be. First the polls.

USC
Texas
LSU (don't deserve it)
Tennessee (again, don't deserve it)
VT

Then, who I think the 5 best teams are this very second.

Texas
USC
OSU
VT
ND

MEbenhoe 09-11-2005 12:49 PM

USC
Texas
VT
LSU
Florida

[hometown bias] They might not be top 5, but everyone is sleeping on Wisconsin this year. They have probably the best backfield combo in college football with Calhoun (this may be another bias cuz I know him from high school, but 852 yards as a freshman splitting time at Colorado is pretty impressive, plus he has 4.2 speed) and Booker Stanley behind the Badgers always strong offensive line, a great set of receivers, a solid QB, and a defense that will be whipped into shape by the time they play michigan in two weeks. Basically expect Michigan to see their 2nd loss of the season in two weeks at Camp Randall.[/hometown bias]

kschellenger 09-11-2005 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[hometown bias] They might not be top 5, but everyone is sleeping on Wisconsin this year. They have probably the best backfield combo in college football with Calhoun (this may be another bias cuz I know him from high school, but 852 yards as a freshman splitting time at Colorado is pretty impressive, plus he has 4.2 speed) and Booker Stanley behind the Badgers always strong offensive line, a great set of receivers, a solid QB, and a defense that will be whipped into shape by the time they play michigan in two weeks. Basically expect Michigan to see their 2nd loss of the season in two weeks at Camp Randall.[/hometown bias]

[/ QUOTE ]

The reasons everyone is sleeping on Wisconsin:
1. Weak defense. (and don't tell me how good they played against Temple High Saturday)
2. Weak QB. Stocco can't hit a reciever in stride and has nothing on his passes.
3. Wisconsin will not be able to take advantage of the weaknesses in Michigan's defense (db) because Stocco is terrible.
4. Everyone knows the Badgers will run run run run run. And Michigan and Iowa have the linebackers and linemen to stop Calhoun/Stanley.

MEbenhoe 09-11-2005 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2. Weak QB. Stocco can't hit a reciever in stride and has nothing on his passes.
3. Wisconsin will not be able to take advantage of the weaknesses in Michigan's defense (db) because Stocco is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh man, Stocco is gonna prove you soooo wrong.

kschellenger 09-11-2005 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stocco sucks. Did you see the game? Have you seen any of his games? He cannot hit recievers on the run. He cannot throw the ball to the numbers. He can't even make a decent throw on a screen. His arm is SO weak.

MEbenhoe 09-11-2005 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stocco sucks. Did you see the game? Have you seen any of his games? He cannot hit recievers on the run. He cannot throw the ball to the numbers. He can't even make a decent throw on a screen. His arm is SO weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has a lot of talented receivers and a beast of a tight end that can tend to bring him up, and his arm strength isnt really that weak. I'd say that he's inconsistent, but saying stuff like he cant even hit someone on a screen is just wrong. He's basically a middle of the road D1 starting QB.

kschellenger 09-11-2005 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

He has a lot of talented receivers and a beast of a tight end that can tend to bring him up,

[/ QUOTE ]

TRUE

[ QUOTE ]

and his arm strength isnt really that weak.

[/ QUOTE ]
Watch a game. Yes it is.

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say that he's inconsistent, but saying stuff like he cant even hit someone on a screen is just wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch a game. His screen passes are either above their heads or at their knees. He's lucky he's got backs that can catch.

[ QUOTE ]

He's basically a middle of the road D1 starting QB.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he's a one tool QB. Turn and hand off.

Phoenix1010 09-11-2005 03:05 PM

Stocco will get the job done. He's not phenomenal, but he will be servicable. Our running game will be enough to carry us anyway.

Speaking of the running game, random story: I was in the same dorm and on the same floor as a lot of the football players freshman year, and Booker was a few doors down from me. He used to come to my dorm preparties from time to time to pick up extra girls. Anyway, he took one of my friends to his room once and told her to suck his dick. She said no, so he said fine and told her to take some shots with him. He fed her a shot of everclear and told her to suck his dick again, as she was gagging and choking. She called me because she was scared so I came over and got her out. I was kind of scared Booker was going to rip me in half, but he was incredibly apologetic. He was terrified that I would go to the authorities. He (and other players) did crap like that all the time, but that's the story that sticks out the most. He creeped out all of my female friends.

kschellenger 09-11-2005 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stocco will get the job done. He's not phenomenal, but he will be servicable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Servicable=hand ball to Calhoun

Vince Young 09-11-2005 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought this too, but it tends to be move up until you lose, without much skipping and jumping. the pollsters love to sink the big 10, and will do this especially since the big 3 all lost today.

[/ QUOTE ]
I stand corrected.

James Boston 09-11-2005 03:48 PM

Why do you have Georgia moving up after South Carolina handled them pretty well. It wasn't UG's best performance.

James Boston 09-11-2005 03:49 PM

Tennessee didn't play Saturday, and weren't ranked 3rd. Why move them up?

pokerdirty 09-11-2005 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I stand corrected.

[/ QUOTE ]

told you so.

my fav on this list is OU, who was 18 last week, and DROPPED to 21 after a 200yrd rushing game by mr peterson. i know that OU didn't blow tulsa away, but to get leapfrogged by texas tech and CLEMSON, who barely won this week, just doesn't make sense.

Purdue should not be 12 though, but they might be in the hunt with their bakery of a schdule.

rankings shouldn't come in until october. but the chances of this happening are about the same as me doing scarlett johanssen.

flatline 09-11-2005 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my fav on this list is OU, who was 18 last week, and DROPPED to 21 after a 200yrd rushing game by mr peterson. i know that OU didn't blow tulsa away, but to get leapfrogged by texas tech and CLEMSON, who barely won this week, just doesn't make sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the worst is Iowa State getting no respect for dominating Iowa. I mean, damn, the Coaches Poll didn't even rank them.

FishHooks 09-11-2005 11:53 PM

Liking the Florida love right there, UF student right now, can't wait to go to the TN game next week.

imported_anacardo 09-12-2005 01:20 AM

Did you see the OU-TU game? Oklahoma looked terrible. It was a one-score game until well into the fourth. This is Tulsa, mind you, a bottom-third DI-A program.