Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   To absolute players (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=384058)

POKhER 11-23-2005 02:48 PM

To absolute players

Ok so due to bonuses and whatever i've moved here to play some games.

Having sat down i notice its very ugly, After 40hands i've noticed its very tight. Maybe 2-3players to a flop if your lucky, With lots of SB's folded resulting in tiny wins(Time to blind steal).

Also, Due to only HU play etc its pretty much impossible toi chase your 5-6outers.

So to all whom play there, whats your Winrates like? Are the players good or just tight?

I'm thinking i might take a beating at the 10max... maybe ill try learn 6max... Although i dont really want to try 6max untill i'm acheving 2+BB/100 at 10max.

Anyhow, post your opinions/Experiences as i want to get an idea of what this place is like.

KQ on 224 flop HU, i bet when checked to, Jack on turn, he bets... $4.60... i can't even chase [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] folded to unknown.

Edit:
So not only is it tight:

You can't datamine,
You can't see muckedhands(They are actually MUCKED!)
You cant have "AUTO MUCK WON HANDS".

Omg this is the suck, but bonuses are good.

MrWookie47 11-23-2005 03:07 PM

Re: To absolute players

In order to play profitably in this environment, you have to be comfortable with 6 max play. You need to be aggressively stealing blinds and recognizing when 2nd pair is probably good (and folding quickly when it's not). Nutpeddling, which works fine at full, loose games won't cut it any more. You don't get paid well enough when you hit TPTK+ in order to keep up with the blinds, so you have to find EV elsewhere. The places where you find it are places where you routinely have to find it in 6 max play. You can even find it in loose full ring play, but you don't have to in order to win.

Additionally, the 1/2 6 max game at Absolute (and virtually everywhere) is pretty soft.

POKhER 11-23-2005 03:13 PM

Hmm yeah, Looks like i may have to go and jump over to .50/1 6max for a bit if i take a beating here.

Blind stealing is at the top of my list, Calling down vs tags betting just got me OWNED but i won it once vs a wierd guy.

Hmm geee, Will be interesting i guess.

jrz1972 11-23-2005 03:24 PM

I've played about 10k hands of .5/1 6max at Absolute and I'll admit I'm actually about 15 BBs in the hole. Much of this is variance caused by the few fish turning into card-magnets when I'm involved with them in a hand, but the aggression level is way higher than what I've encoutered at other sites. I probably get check-raised on the turn more in one session at Absolute than I do in a month at Party.

It's a fun site that definitely helps develop one's game, but I doubt I'll keep it as a home base. The bonuses and rakeback are nice, but I get tired of playing at tables that look like: smiley face, taz, taz, fish, smiley face, me. Also I get tired of a "good" table featuring 5bb average pots.

I've also played some full ring there and done pretty well, but yeah it's not a lot of fun playing 3 tables the loosest of which is 25% VPIP.

I fear that the recent upgrade allowing more than 3 tables is going to be a movement in the wrong direction.

POKhER 11-23-2005 03:30 PM

Yeah its super super tight, and the lack of muckedhands is bugging me big time!

So 6max is aggressive, but is the .50/1 soft or not? I'm a total 6max noob but i think i may jump over to it at .25/.50 or .50/1 level.

Hmm time to search for those 6max threads and find a good 6maxer to sweat me for an hour [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]!

Anyone up for a challenge [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] ? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

VoraciousReader 11-23-2005 03:36 PM

You will like 6 max at Absolute. Also, table seat selection is key, and you WILL encounter the same players over and over, so mark the ones that you want to sit to the right or left of. A nice feature of Absolute is that there are 10 chairs at a 6 max table, so it's much easier to position yourself where you wish in respect to a particular player or set of players.

Also, you will be able to see the mucked hands if you go to showdown. It's frustrating that you can't see them when you fold during the hand, but as long as you are in till the end, you can see all the mucked cards, so keep that in mind.

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Absolute. The unparalleled bonuses, the unmentionable, the players (yes the loose passives are a lower overall %age, but still very much there...and you can exploit the tight passives and the loose aggros, and it's actually been very good for my overall game), plus the free tourneys where I get to improve my terrible NL play (won $10 this weekend!), and support that is next best to Stars.

Have you downloaded a skin to make it easier on your eyes yet?

And when you just want to beat up some loose passives try playing between 11 pm and 3 am Eastern time and you will find they are snuggle bear soft.

numeri 11-23-2005 03:36 PM

I played about 3k hands (around there) at 0.5/1 6-max and now have about 8k at 1/2 6-max. I've had no problems. Table and seat selection are much more important now, though. It's been a real learning experience for me. I would say that 2-3 BB/100 should be easily accessible for a 2+2er. If you add bonii, you can reach 4-6. (They're very easy to get at 1/2. Not so easy at 0.5/1.)

POKhER 11-23-2005 03:50 PM

When they got to showdown it just says Bob:[MUCKED] or whatever and PA can't even read/Display it(Except the winner who shows).

Im about to sit down at .25/.50 6max(To learn the basic's cheaply really).

No i havent got the skin, I tried searching but had no luck(such a noob with the search function).

Do you have a link by any chance?

Thanks.
p.s. Anyone feel like sweating a 6max noob just PM me on: POKhERLH (AIM) and ill sort it.

MrWookie47 11-23-2005 03:58 PM

You only see mucked cards if you were involved in the showdown.

http://absolutepoker.com/tableskins/

celiboy 11-23-2005 04:01 PM

Well i've logged about 20K hands at .5/1 fullring at a little above breakeven poker. What's a good mirco winrate? About 2.5/100? I'm convinced that someone who is crushing Party, etc for 3bb/100 would be a 1bb/100 player at Absolute (full ring). I think .5/1 at ABS is equivalent to 3/6 at Party from what I've watched. The competition is that much better.

VoraciousReader 11-23-2005 04:02 PM

Absolute Skins

Here's what you have to do when you get to showdown: wait for the hand to complete and the next one to be dealt, then click on the "R" button in the upper left hand corner. It will pop up a display screen that shows the final board, your hand, any shown down hands, and any hands mucked at showdown...as long as you were still in the hand at showdown.

Edit: Darnit Wookie, you are too speedy. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

kiemo 11-23-2005 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm convinced that someone who is crushing Party, etc for 3bb/100 would be a 1bb/100 player at Absolute (full ring). I think .5/1 at ABS is equivalent to 3/6 at Party from what I've watched. The competition is that much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you somewhat right with this assumption.

Somewhat being a player whom nutpeddles their way to a 3bb/100 on Party sites will definitely see a significant drop in their winrate at Absolute.

However a solid player who can adjust to the tighter players and tables can probably win about the same. Becuase the competition isnt THAT much better, its just that much tighter becuase most of them are also former party nutpeddlers.

kapw7 11-23-2005 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think .5/1 at ABS is equivalent to 3/6 at Party from what I've watched. The competition is that much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? That sucks. Cause the Abs 3/6 6max games are pretty soft. I also estimate 0.9 BB/100 from R***k and 1.1 BB/100 from bonus. Try to beat that.

11-23-2005 06:09 PM

My .02/.04 big blind...

Absolute 6-max...yes, it's softer than Absolute full ring, but it is in no way even close to as soft as Stars, Party, or UB. My PT stats show the Absolute 6-maxers at 39/10.5, and the others at a combined 45/9.5. That's a significant difference in VPIP, isn't it?

The typical 6-max table is one or two loose players, and the rest a combination of TAGs and rocks draining the loosey of cash. (If the loosey is a LAG, the rocks also fold to him often enough to keep him in cash a while longer.) When the fish is dead, the table breaks up. Rinse and repeat.

Adding to the problem: Absolute's default buy-in is too low. All too often, fish lose their $20 at 1/2 and they leave, leaving you with the rocks and TAGs.

It's very beatable, but not nearly at the rate Stars or Party are.

trainslayer 11-23-2005 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A nice feature of Absolute is that there are 9 chairs at a 6 max table, so it's much easier to position yourself where you wish in respect to a particular player or set of players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Abs full is 9max and 6max is 9 chairs.

Augster 11-23-2005 10:30 PM

I got killed at 1/2. At .5/1 the pot will never get big enough for a "raked hand". So I moved to .5/1 6-max.

The 6-max games there I found very profitable. Clearing 10x bonii though is really a long painful process.

POKhER 11-24-2005 07:52 PM

Oh man, i just found another pethate about this place.

It seems the client SETS FOCUS every 1second or maybe faster. Meaning when trying to type into AIM or IE(Post here) you cant!!!

Now this may be good, as it means i cant chat whilst i play so i focus... But grrrr!

car ramrod 11-24-2005 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've played about 10k hands of .5/1 6max at Absolute and I'll admit I'm actually about 15 BBs in the hole. Much of this is variance caused by the few fish turning into card-magnets when I'm involved with them in a hand, but the aggression level is way higher than what I've encoutered at other sites. I probably get check-raised on the turn more in one session at Absolute than I do in a month at Party.

It's a fun site that definitely helps develop one's game, but I doubt I'll keep it as a home base. The bonuses and rakeback are nice, but I get tired of playing at tables that look like: smiley face, taz, taz, fish, smiley face, me. Also I get tired of a "good" table featuring 5bb average pots.

I've also played some full ring there and done pretty well, but yeah it's not a lot of fun playing 3 tables the loosest of which is 25% VPIP.

I fear that the recent upgrade allowing more than 3 tables is going to be a movement in the wrong direction.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I have been playing 2/4 there and it is very aggressive. I even get check raised by the fish. Maybe late at night is better, weekends are decent, but I play Monday thru Friday and I play against the same tags every night.

bottomset 11-25-2005 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think .5/1 at ABS is equivalent to 3/6 at Party from what I've watched. The competition is that much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? That sucks. Cause the Abs 3/6 6max games are pretty soft. I also estimate 0.9 BB/100 from R***k and 1.1 BB/100 from bonus. Try to beat that.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah the 3/6 6max games there are nice, as are the 2/4 and 5/10

BatsShadow 11-25-2005 02:11 AM

1/2 6max on Absolute is where I learned 6max and is a gold mine. I guess you are still playing .5/1 though?

I also cannot win at those full tables, though I didn't try for very long.

celiboy 11-25-2005 02:23 AM

For curiousity, I just checked my VPIP PT stats for full ring .5/1

Non Absolute (these are 10 handed tables) 28.75
Absolute (9 handed so you would expect a higher vpip) 25.1

bottomset 11-25-2005 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are too loose

celiboy 11-25-2005 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are too loose

[/ QUOTE ]

I excluded my stats.....this is everyone else at the table.

silly_monkey 11-25-2005 03:41 AM

I'm afraid I'm with you on this one. The bonuses are good, but I'm having a very hard time making any money here on the poker side of things. It can be very hard to find good games. I find it also puts me in some situations I'm not as comfortable with yet, like blind stealing/defence and head's up play. I find I end up in a lot more marginal situations than I'm used to and I'm not playing them that well. I actually think that Absolute is probably a good place to improve one's game at a given limit once you are crushing Party, etc.

Also, at 1/2 I find it tedious to clear the bonuses because the pots are so small. Even at 2/4 its annoying because there are so many pots with no flop.

kapw7 11-25-2005 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are too loose

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This game must be impossible to beat given the high rake and the low bonus clearence rate.
Can we organise a 2p2 table at Absolute one day?

celiboy 11-25-2005 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are too loose

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This game must be impossible to beat given the high rake and the low bonus clearence rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't Party rake 10% whereas at Absolute the rake is 5%? Yes ABS rakes any pot whereas at Party it must reach $5 to be raked I think.

I'm showing ABS at 4.4% rake on pots and Party at 4.7% so the rake is lower at ABS.

bottomset 11-25-2005 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are too loose

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd play 2+2games on absolute

I bet that game is beatable for a decent rate, like the 1/2 tables, the players almost never know how to play their blinds in steal situations

celiboy 11-25-2005 04:22 AM

The one positive with the tighter play is that you can get in 70 hands per hour versus 60 at Party/Paradise so if you 4 table you should be clearing at least $10 in bonus per hour.

I'm just clearing the Paradise Thanksgiving bonus and the contrast in play is remarkable. It's a beautiful site to be reunited with the fish.

11-25-2005 05:31 AM

I've just started playing at Absolute and at first I though "wow, this is tight and hard to beat"

but then I realized most are just weak tight players who'll get scared if you show them you're not scared.

I've changed a few things since I've started playing here and #1 being more selective with what I play. Especially in early position. And I often limp in with AA to not blow everyone out of the pot from start.

All in all I'm doing as good here as any other site. And the bonus is very nice. Just wish someone would explain the unmentionable for me like I was a 5 year old kid, since I know I'm missing out.

mackthefork 11-25-2005 05:40 AM

The 6 max games are actually okay, at least at 50/1 and 1/2, also learning 6 max will improve your late/middle position play in full ring games.

Mack

11-25-2005 05:52 AM

Oh, I should add, I play full ring .50/1

POKhER 11-25-2005 05:53 AM

Bonus is 10x, rake is 5%.

Full ring .50/1 is tough, 6max i've only played .10/.20 and .25/.50

Still playing .25/.50 whilst i settle down.

Anyhow, if you're looking for easy games absolute isnt the place (Party/Stars probably best for that - and other sites).

But i'll clear this bonus then go back to party i guess.

11-25-2005 05:56 AM

All this talk about party being softest.
Try one of the boss sites and we'll talk about soft. You can raise UTG and get 9 callers there, I'm not kidding.

POKhER 11-25-2005 06:04 AM

Lol! Things like that, you really should keep quiet.

Prepare for boss sites to be SWARMING with 2+2ers now [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

11-25-2005 06:05 AM

Yeah I know, but I like to share the good stuff too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I'm not afraid of all you guys! *runs away screaming*

mvoss 11-25-2005 06:25 AM

Which sites are the boss sites?

tassie 11-25-2005 08:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Try one of the boss sites and we'll talk about soft. You can raise UTG and get 9 callers there, I'm not kidding.

[/ QUOTE ]

these arnt PT supported are they!

POKhER 11-25-2005 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

these arnt PT supported are they!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

jrz1972 11-25-2005 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Try sitting at any random table.

POKhER 11-25-2005 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SCrew that, POKERSTARS is the 2+2 table home! Or party... Depending on how we feel.

But stars is gooot.