Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   WSOP Day 1B: "Official" Results, News & Discussion (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=288919)

Kevmath 07-08-2005 01:41 PM

WSOP Day 1B: \"Official\" Results, News & Discussion

Part 2 of day 1 starts shortly, with another 1800+ players playing their way down to about 650 in about 7.5 levels. The following sites are great to find out how some of your favorite players are doing:

cardplayer.com (with updates, chip counts every hour later in the day, and commentary)
gutshot.com
pokertrails.com
pokervoice.com (geared towards the European player)
pokerwire.com
pokerpages.com (with Mike Paulle's rolling list of players most people won't know, and a couple other blogs by their reporters).

Kevin...

RiverTheNuts 07-08-2005 01:46 PM

Re: WSOP Day 1B: \"Official\" Results, News & Discussion

TY, in before the stick

Russ McGinley 07-08-2005 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As the second flight of the $10,000 buy-in No-Limit Hold'em championship was getting underway, a player was overheard asking, "Is this limit (hold'em)?" No, sir. We'll see if he's still confused if he flops the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did this guy even figure out how to use the door handle to get out of his hotel room?

Kevmath 07-08-2005 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As the second flight of the $10,000 buy-in No-Limit Hold'em championship was getting underway, a player was overheard asking, "Is this limit (hold'em)?" No, sir. We'll see if he's still confused if he flops the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like Jay Lovinger's off to a great start.

Kevin...

Doc7 07-08-2005 02:32 PM

think he was just making a play?

ccrazy88 07-08-2005 02:32 PM

Ooh.[ QUOTE ]
11:12am... Featured Table update: Sammy Farha and Oliver Hudson (Kate's brother) are the biggest names here at the TV table. He knocked a guy on on the first hand! The flop was A-A-10 and Sammy had A-10. Oliver had pocket tens. Ouch.

[/ QUOTE ] (from the Tao of Poker)

Black Aces 518 07-08-2005 02:32 PM

bahaha

Black Aces 518 07-08-2005 02:33 PM

I'm pretty sure I commit homicide if I have 10-10 on the first hand of the WSOP and it comes A-A-10 and someone has A-10. Just saying.

BlackAces 07-08-2005 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like Jay Lovinger's off to a great start.

Kevin...

[/ QUOTE ]
nh

meow_meow 07-08-2005 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How did this guy even figure out how to use the door handle to get out of his hotel room?

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems far more likely to me that this is a rhetorical question in response to a hand involving nothing but min raises...

Russ McGinley 07-08-2005 02:39 PM

God I hope so. Not that I don't believe there are more than a few morans there.

Wake up CALL 07-08-2005 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that include someone that cannot spell moron? Or are you prejudiced against the Irish? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Brad F. 07-08-2005 02:43 PM

ESPN is sure getting some absolutely crazy hands to broadcast.

If I recall, I don't recall ever seeing a straight flush in the last two years, and then they get Harman losing to one. Now this on the first hand? Granted it wasn't a bad beat, but it's still extremely rare.

Brad

Grisgra 07-08-2005 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that include someone that cannot spell moron? Or are you prejudiced against the Irish? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

And with that post you prove your the biggest moran of the day.

meow_meow 07-08-2005 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Scroll down. Apparently moran is the new black...
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...art=2&vc=1

toots 07-08-2005 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Scroll down. Apparently moran is the new black...
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...art=2&vc=1

[/ QUOTE ]

... or the new jopke

Russ McGinley 07-08-2005 02:58 PM

PWN3D

Sponger15SB 07-08-2005 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If I recall, I don't recall ever seeing a straight flush in the last two years, and then they get Harman losing to one. Now this on the first hand? Granted it wasn't a bad beat, but it's still extremely rare.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'll be the first to say it then...

WSOP ME Featured table is rigged!

BruinEric 07-08-2005 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently moran is the new black...

[/ QUOTE ]

Its ebbed to become the latest "eat my shorts" or "don't have a cow, man."

BruinEric 07-08-2005 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
WSOP ME Featured table is rigged!

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously ESPN is rigging "action boards" so they can get exciting hands to broadcast.

Quake1028 07-08-2005 03:06 PM

Notables playing on day 1b:

[ QUOTE ]
Daniel Negreanu - ESPN Featured Table
Sam Farha - ESPN Featured Table
Evelyn Ng - Table 170 - Seat 9
David Chiu - Table 176 - Seat 2
Mimi Tran - Table 186 - Seat 1
Todd Brunson - Table 175 - Seat 3
Erin Ness - Table 59 - Seat 9
Erick Lindgren - Table 47 - Seat 7
Al Krux - Table 34 - Seat 6
Vinnie Vinh - Table 50 - Seat 3
Alan Goehring - Table 50 - Seat 4
David "The Dragon" Pham - Table 34 - Seat 2
Bradley Berman - Table 35 - Seat 7
Antonio Esfandiari - Table 37 - Seat 6 (Ok, look at the bottom name. Now, tell me who the hell Amir Esfandiary is from yesterday's chip counts.)
Michael "The Grinder" Mizrachi - Table 29 - Seat 1
Michael Gracz - Table 8 - Seat 8
Dutch Boyd - Table 16 - Seat 6
Rob Hollink - Table 6 - Seat 7
Maureen Feduniak - Table 5 - Seat 2
Chris Moneymaker - Table 15 - Seat 8
Phil Gordon - Table 3 - Seat 7
Allen Cunningham - Table 107
Chip Reese - Table 73
Tobey Maguire - Table 130 - Seat 7
Cyndy Violette - Table 143 - Seat 3
John Hennigan - Table 119 - Seat 7
Hasan Habib - Table 133 - Seat 7
Joe Awada - Table 147 - Seat 4
David Williams
Blair Rodman - Table 156
Amir Vahedi - Table 180

[/ QUOTE ]

Wake up CALL 07-08-2005 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PWN3D

[/ QUOTE ]

???

housenuts 07-08-2005 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And with that post you prove your the biggest moran of the day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Russ McGinley 07-08-2005 03:18 PM

http://trephination.net/gallery/macros/internet.gif

Grisgra 07-08-2005 03:22 PM

Don't be a moran!

imaptone 07-08-2005 03:26 PM

I am no rocket scientist but...

If we use the subject line to start threads within this thread, the thing will be much more manageable. Things like, "Phil Hellmuth whines on table 64" in the subject line, will help us look at the parts of the thread we want( or want to ignore), Without having to wade through all 7000 replies that are to come.

BruinEric 07-08-2005 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PWN3D

[/ QUOTE ]

???

[/ QUOTE ]

A search in google will explain this one to you if you care to kill some brain cells like I have.

Essentially, a clique of folks who frequently communicate via the internet create a slang all their own that clogs and leeches a message board (i.e. gets added to threads in standalone posts with little/no other content). Frequent use is often an indicator of a posters age just as not understanding such jargon is a sign that you're headed over the hill.

Soon, this term will die off for the next slang term and join the graveyard with variations on "Elite/37337" and "All your ______ are belong to us."

Grisgra 07-08-2005 03:29 PM

I completely agree -- start using Subject Headings, people.

[ QUOTE ]
If we use the subject line to start threads within this thread, the thing will be much more manageable. Things like, "Phil Hellmuth whines on table 64" in the subject line, will help us look at the parts of the thread we want( or want to ignore), Without having to wade through all 7000 replies that are to come.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like this one! Only way this is going to be manageable.

imaptone 07-08-2005 03:34 PM

What 2+2ers are playing today?

Anybody know what 2+2ers are playing today? And how are we doing?

PITTM 07-08-2005 03:34 PM

Re: I am no rocket scientist but...

read my post yesterday in the other section for the exact same opinion. however, i continue to be baffled at the fact that people thought this way was better organized...yes, not being able to tell what youre going to read is much more organized...

rj

Kevmath 07-08-2005 03:37 PM

A few more names playing today

Dan Harringon
Phil Hellmuth (not at his seat yet)
Alan Goehring
Dutch Boyd (down to 5500)

Kevin...

Russ McGinley 07-08-2005 03:39 PM

Another power player bites the dust

[ QUOTE ]
12:11:00

Only the best and brightest play in the "Main Event." We've got a young lady here who won her seat online and has never before played in a live game, and Card Player also witnessed a player who needed to be instructed on what a "showdown" is and when it happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
12:33:00

The aforementioned woman, who had won her seat online and never played in a live game before, has somehow managed to be eliminated.

[/ QUOTE ]

wayabvpar 07-08-2005 03:40 PM

Re: I am no rocket scientist but...

[ QUOTE ]
read my post yesterday in the other section for the exact same opinion. however, i continue to be baffled at the fact that people thought this way was better organized...yes, not being able to tell what youre going to read is much more organized...

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it this way much better. Sorting through pages and pages of 2 threads that are 2 replies long (and duplicates of 5 others) is beyond tedious. This way, I can see whenever someone has posted here and check for new info.

72off 07-08-2005 03:42 PM

Re: Danny & Sammy

From Tao of Poker:

[ QUOTE ]
Daniel Negreanu arrived late. He thought he was early. His agent told me Daniel though action began at Noon today. Anyway, Daniel and Sammy are jawing already. Should be for good TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

They should set up another table to the side and play some HU PLO for $500k between hands.

Yes, I'm kidding.

brassnuts 07-08-2005 03:46 PM

"pwn" is old. long since dead.

cwsiggy 07-08-2005 03:49 PM

Erin Ness wtf?????

How in the hell does Erin Ness go from being a 28k a year photo assistant at Maxim to a sponsored Professional poker player with Stars?? Apparently one go at the Lederer Fantasy camp which she attended made her great?? I'm baffled. Is poker that starved for female players that we all have poker goggles??

Quake1028 07-08-2005 03:52 PM

Re: Erin Ness wtf?????

[ QUOTE ]
Date / Time: 2005-07-08 12:24:00
Title: Through the "Grinder"
Log: A player makes a preflop raise, and Michael "The Grinder" Mizrachi calls. The flop comes 9-3-2. Mizrachi bets out, and his opponent comes over the top all in. Mizrachi quickly calls. "Overpair no good," Mizrachi says before his opponent has the chance to flip over pocket aces. And indeed bullets are no good, as Mizrachi shows 3d-2d for bottom two pair. The turn and river are bricks, and Michael "The Grinder" Mizrachi sends a player home early.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice.

Kevmath 07-08-2005 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How in the hell does Erin Ness go from being a 28k a year photo assistant at Maxim to a sponsored Professional poker player with Stars?? Apparently one go at the Lederer Fantasy camp which she attended made her great?? I'm baffled. Is poker that starved for female players that we all have poker goggles??

[/ QUOTE ]

Being on TV + Good looking woman = Free $$$

Kevin...

onthebutton 07-08-2005 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She had a deep run at the WSOP last year, and finished on the bubble in one of the earlier WSOP events--one with a large field I think. So maybe she has some talent.

Oh, and she's hot. Don't forget that. How often do you think Pokerstars will get the logo she's wearing on TV vs. the logo some fat slob is wearing if they go the same length of time in the tournament?

cwsiggy 07-08-2005 03:54 PM

Remind me to be reincarnated as an everage looking female!