Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Disturbing e-mail from partypoker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=288725)

dutchgrl 07-08-2005 05:34 AM

Disturbing e-mail from partypoker

I received this e-mail, has anyone else gotten it? How to deal with it? I use pokertracker, playerview and pokeredge.

Dear xxxxxx,

We are committed to detecting and preventing software programs which are designed to enable you to have an unfair advantage over other players playing at PartyPoker.com.

This message is to inform you that we have come across an instance wherein your account was involved in using such program. Please note that PartyPoker.com's Terms and Conditions strictly prohibit use of such programs and, in conjunction with our client, we request that you immediately stop using the program. In Line with our Terms and Conditions, we have flagged your account and will continue to review your account activity and game play for use of such programs. If we detect that you continue to use such programs we will have no choice, but to bar you from our site, permanently close your account and any funds in your account will be deemed forfeited. Please see our Terms and Conditions for further information.

Regards,
Investigations Team for Poker
Alerts @ Partypoker.com
Partypoker.com

Edit/MH:

Also see other similar post.

SamIAm 07-08-2005 08:13 AM

Re: Disturbing e-mail from partypoker

I got the same message. I was running PEdge and PTracker, but not PV or GT+. I don't think they were talking about iTunes...

I'll send them a confirmation email to ensure it's PEdge, and not PTracker, that's going to get ALL MY MONEY CONFISCATED. I won't be using PEdge again, though. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
-Sam

TheIrishThug 07-08-2005 08:16 AM

i've seen a few of these emails posted. i love how specific they r with their claim. do ppl who follow-up on the email actualy get party to say what program they r talking about?

SamIAm 07-08-2005 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PartyPoker,
First, let me apologize for potentially breaking the T&C. After this warning (my first), I'll definitely figure out which software you mean and stop using it. I would appreciate if you log this apology next to the Flag you've put on my account; I'm certainly trying to cooperate.

Can you be more specific in what you mean by "an unfair advantage"? In my emails to you in the past, I've understood that any program that controls my ACTIONS is illegal. I'm not using any of those. I have one program that reads the hand-histories and does record-keeping (Pokertracker). I have another program that displays those records (GT+ and PokerAce) which I haven't used for a week. I also have a program similar to GT+ and PokerAce, but is networked to other users, sharing data. I suspect this is the program you meant, but your Terms and your email were both vague enough to have me worry.

Thanks for your clarification. I would like to know what the rules are, so I can make sure I follow them.
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

Dariel86 07-08-2005 08:56 AM

Man your lickin their asses [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Subby 07-08-2005 09:00 AM

There is no way they are going to tell you what software is in violation of their TOS.

PrincipalSkinner 07-08-2005 09:02 AM

On the contrary, this is the specific information we all want and need--I appreciate him getting a clarification for us. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

PrincipalSkinner 07-08-2005 09:04 AM

I don't understand this--how can we comply with their demands if we don't know specifically what they are?

krazyace5 07-08-2005 09:09 AM

Lets narrow it down, it's not PokerTracker.

Stack 07-08-2005 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lets narrow it down, it's not PokerTracker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the message too. To narrow it down, first, has any non PE user gotten the warning?

Marlow 07-08-2005 09:16 AM

This is the first time I've ever heard of PE. I just went to the website and got a little info. Can someone please explain why it might be illegal?
Thanks,

Marlow
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Dariel86 07-08-2005 09:24 AM

Cause it is one hell of an asskicking software

OrangeHeat 07-08-2005 09:33 AM

I believe it is Pokeredge. Specifically that it is networked to other players and that if someone running PE was unscrupulous they could have access to all those PC's at the same time.

Orange

Subby 07-08-2005 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand this--how can we comply with their demands if we don't know specifically what they are?

[/ QUOTE ]
Their demands are pretty clear.

TStoneMBD 07-08-2005 09:44 AM

the answer to this problem is to obviously drop the strict party skins and move to eurobet where everything is a safe haven.

no wonder why party keeps losing players to their skins.......

David04 07-08-2005 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
And yet incredibly ambiguous.

Sifmole 07-08-2005 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I received this e-mail, has anyone else gotten it? How to deal with it? I use pokertracker, playerview and pokeredge.

Dear xxxxxx,

We are committed to detecting and preventing software programs which are designed to enable you to have an unfair advantage over other players playing at PartyPoker.com.

This message is to inform you that we have come across an instance wherein your account was involved in using such program. Please note that PartyPoker.com's Terms and Conditions strictly prohibit use of such programs and, in conjunction with our client, we request that you immediately stop using the program. In Line with our Terms and Conditions, we have flagged your account and will continue to review your account activity and game play for use of such programs. If we detect that you continue to use such programs we will have no choice, but to bar you from our site, permanently close your account and any funds in your account will be deemed forfeited. Please see our Terms and Conditions for further information.

Regards,
Alerts @ Partypoker.com
Partypoker.com

Edit/MH:

[/ QUOTE ]

Go Party! Go Party! Go Party!

Confiscate away!

PokerEdge is so far over the line into cheating it is unreal. The extortion aspect is what pisses me off the most. Pay us and we will black your info -- its extortion.

bkholdem 07-08-2005 10:20 AM

So has anyone gotten confirmation that it is poker edge and not game time + , player view, or poker tracker?

danzasmack 07-08-2005 10:41 AM

My buddy got the email and called support. The guy said he himself could not specify what they found he was using, but to email support and they would get back to him.

Then, as he was hanging up the phone, the indian guy (he apparently had a VERY thick accent) on the other end said, "And good luck playing party poker sir...for the rest of your LIFE" and hung up.

WTF!?!?!!!!!

DMBFan23 07-08-2005 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Dear xxxxxx,

Regards,
Alerts @ Partypoker.com
Partypoker.com

Edit/MH:

[/ QUOTE ]

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SamIAm 07-08-2005 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Really? I keep a TexasInstruments calculator next to my laptop. This allows me to do amazing multiplication AND division, much faster than the average user. You think I'm gaining an advantage over other players?

Hell, I've learned a TON about my game from PokerTracker. This has been an advantage to me. The only question is whether it's considered "unfair".

The only thing that's really "unfair" is enforcing laws they won't define or clarify. I don't mind if they declare PokerEdge to be over the line. But when they randomly decide that PokerTracker is over that same line later, I don't want that to be Strike2 against me.
-Sam

SamIAm 07-08-2005 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it is networked to other players and that if someone running PE was unscrupulous they could have access to all those PC's at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is uninformed and incorrect. PEdge<ul type="square">[*]doesn't send your hole cards.[*]doesn't send data till 5 minutes after it's recorded.[/list]We can packet-sniff and verify, so we know the PokerEdge company doesn't get any information besided the observed history after we play it.

Maybe you have some more elaborate notion of "have access". Do you think a USER could do anything? That's wrong, too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I assume it's just a matter of degree. GT+ lets me view the data I've gathered. PEdge lets me view the data my friends have gathered. I agree the second one is more powerful, but it's a pretty vague distinction. That's why I want clarification.
-Sam

Subby 07-08-2005 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Really? I keep a TexasInstruments calculator next to my laptop. This allows me to do amazing multiplication AND division, much faster than the average user. You think I'm gaining an advantage over other players?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hehehehe. Sweet parody post.

LowDown22 07-08-2005 11:04 AM

I have not gotten the warning and I use PT and GT+. I think Party is only concerned with PokerEdge at this time. The problem is that you're not gathering player information for only personal use, but it is being shared with many others now. How easy would it be for the PokerEdge developer to simply tweak the software to send himself and other users the HHs in real-time as they are written? Not hard at all, and then what do you have....simply an advanced version of team WinHoldEm. I'm very glad Party is taking these actions and it makes me want to play on their site even more now.

OrangeHeat 07-08-2005 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We can packet-sniff and verify, so we know the PokerEdge company doesn't get any information besided the observed history after we play it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Currently yes, this is the case. I am saying there is a potential beyond this. I was referring to the operators not the users.

Orange

mattw 07-08-2005 11:20 AM

god forbid a poker player has to actually think for his/herself anymore. sure, PT and family give info on players one has not seen before. however, how many times do you need to see someone play j-5s utg to realize the playrer is a moron. if i see that play once, it tells me more than anyhing PT/relatives can tell me. further thanks that PT and family are almost worthless at NL.

conclusion: there are no conclusion. until sites decide one way or the other, the debate continues.

TheUsher 07-08-2005 11:23 AM

I just received this same email about an hour ago. Only thing I had open was Empire + PT which was idle in the background after I checked some stats. I've never have/had Poker Edge. Anyone else notice this?

Edit: I wasn't playing either.

Subby 07-08-2005 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just received this same email about an hour ago. Only thing I had open was Empire + PT which was idle in the background after I checked some stats. I've never have/had Poker Edge. Anyone else notice this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh oh.

grinin 07-08-2005 11:30 AM

You received this e-mail from Empire or Party?

TheUsher 07-08-2005 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just so I clarify it too, I wasn't playing either at the time. (still haven't played this morning but I had Empire open when I received the email)

Received from: info@empirepoker.com

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

We are committed to detecting and preventing software programs which are designed to enable you to have an unfair advantage over other players playing at EmpirePoker.com.

This message is to inform you that we have come across an instance wherein your account was involved in using such program. Please note that EmpirePoker.com's Terms and Conditions strictly prohibit use of such programs and, in conjunction with our client, we request that you immediately stop using the program. In Line with our Terms and Conditions, we have flagged your account and will continue to review your account activity and game play for use of such programs. If we detect that you continue to use such programs we will have no choice, but to bar you from our site, permanently close your account and any funds in your account will be deemed forfeited. Please see our Terms and Conditions for further information.

Regards,
alerts@empirepoker.com
http://www.empirepoker.com

Marlow 07-08-2005 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just so I clarify it too, I wasn't playing either at the time. (still haven't played this morning but I had Empire open when I received the email)

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

We are committed to detecting and preventing software programs which are designed to enable you to have an unfair advantage over other players playing at EmpirePoker.com.

This message is to inform you that we have come across an instance wherein your account was involved in using such program. Please note that EmpirePoker.com's Terms and Conditions strictly prohibit use of such programs and, in conjunction with our client, we request that you immediately stop using the program. In Line with our Terms and Conditions, we have flagged your account and will continue to review your account activity and game play for use of such programs. If we detect that you continue to use such programs we will have no choice, but to bar you from our site, permanently close your account and any funds in your account will be deemed forfeited. Please see our Terms and Conditions for further information.

Regards,
alerts@empirepoker.com

[/ QUOTE ]

I predict a mass exodus of 2+2ers to UB...

gasoltub 07-08-2005 11:44 AM

Here's a post that might be interesting: another post

This sounds good:
[ QUOTE ]
For programs which displays player statistics and simply calculates
poker odds we currently do not have restrictions to stop such applications
from running in conjunction with our software.

[/ QUOTE ]

This however sounds a bit disturbing:
[ QUOTE ]
At the outset let me explain to you that information procured from
PartyPoker through legitimate accounts which in turn are entitled to
receive any game records of their play (as long as its for their
analysis/use) is allowed.

[/ QUOTE ]

OrangeHeat 07-08-2005 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

Regards,
alerts@empirepoker.com

[/ QUOTE ]

I predict a mass exodus of 2+2ers to UB...

[/ QUOTE ]

AWESOME.

Orange

Sifmole 07-08-2005 11:53 AM

Yeah, you weren't using it at the time. But have you used it in the past? It is certainly possible that the email is not generated and delivered the moment it sees the offending software.

TheUsher 07-08-2005 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, you weren't using it at the time. But have you used it in the past? It is certainly possible that the email is not generated and delivered the moment it sees the offending software.

[/ QUOTE ]

PT or Poker Edge? I've never used Poker Edge before since I mainly play SNGs and I've also been gone this whole past week when it became the new fad on 2+2. For PT, sure, I've used it before while playing with PV but that was a long time ago. I'm not trying to start any PT rumors or anything but I'm just trying to report that I might have received the same email because of it.

grinin 07-08-2005 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Only thing I had open was Empire + PT which was idle in the background after I checked some stats. I've never have/had Poker Edge

[/ QUOTE ]

ckessel 07-08-2005 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe it is Pokeredge. Specifically that it is networked to other players and that if someone running PE was unscrupulous they could have access to all those PC's at the same time.

Orange

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my god, the ignorance is blinding. PE talks to a central database. You have ZERO access to anyone elses computer.

lorinda 07-08-2005 12:06 PM

This is not disturbing, it's awesome.

Lori

lorinda 07-08-2005 12:17 PM

" I've understood that any program that controls my ACTIONS is illegal"

Party have made it clear since the day that prophecy was released that sharing data is against their rules.

It has been posted on this forum by me alone several times, and by other people many more times than that.

Lori

LowDown22 07-08-2005 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh my god, the ignorance is blinding. PE talks to a central database. You have ZERO access to anyone elses computer.

[/ QUOTE ]
True in it's 'current' state. But to go from it's current state to a form where users can share HHs in real-time, even able to know each other's current hole cards (another PE users hole cards ofcourse), is a very small leap. Simply reducing that 5 minute HH download delay to 1 second may be enough to take care of it.