Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   A guy I knew semi-well, who is a movie star, murdered a cop. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=395651)

Luv2DriveTT 12-10-2005 05:31 PM

A guy I knew semi-well, who is a movie star, murdered a cop.

About 8 or so years ago I was working in NYC at a nightclub where I was the doorman (that’s a different story I'll share with OOT sometime in the future). This thugged out "goomba" with tacky clothing showed up at the packed door with a pack of guys demanding to come in. I turned him down because from his appearance he was wrong for the vibe of the club inside, until the club's promoter ran outside to explain that this knucklehead was his special guest for the evening. That’s how I first met Lillo Brancato, he was always very polite even though I first turned him down at the door, perhaps it was partially respect, I'll never know for sure.

Lillo had just finished shooting the Crimson Tide; this was a few years after he played Robert Dinero's son in A Bronx Tale. His crowd was horrible... straight up tugged out wanna be mobsters. I vaguely recall seeing one of his boys flash a weapon once (don't remember what type however), and another time I got in the middle of a drunken brawl Lillo was in (he held a broken bottle of vodka in his hand; it could have been very bloody if we didn't step in to diffuse the scenario).

I was never a fan of Lillo's, to be honest he scared me a bit. He liked that mobster lifestyle a bit too much, which is dangerous because only the wannabe members of the mafia ever act up like Lillo did... and they are generally the most dangerous because they feel as if they have something to prove. If you remember the firebombing scene in A Bronx Tale, this was exactly the kind of shenanigans I expected from him and his friends, a powder keg waiting to explode.

With the exception of his year on the Sopranos, I haven't seen Lillo in at least 5 years if not more. Today I was reading CNN when I discovered he was shot during a break in robbery by an off duty police officer. Lillo or his accomplice had shot the police officer first, Officer Daniel Enchautegui died from his wounds but managed to fire off 4 rounds in to one of them, and 2 into the other.

I don't know what to say... a big part of me wishes I would have done something different many years ago. My heart goes out to Officer Daniel Enchautegui's family, he was a very brave man. - Link for the CNN report

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

daryn 12-10-2005 05:35 PM

Re: A guy I knew semi-well, who is a movie star, murdered a cop.

http://movies.nnov.ru/Covers/Bronx%20Tale,%20A.jpg

damn.. why couldn't he just watch his own movie and learn a lesson from it?

Dantes 12-10-2005 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a big part of me wishes I would have done something different many years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

worst post ever. You were a bouncer, saw a celebrity who has now done something stupid, and now wish you.. what? Took him under your wing? Teach him the facts of life? ughhhhhhh [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

daryn 12-10-2005 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

worst post ever. You were a bouncer, saw a celebrity who has now done something stupid, and now wish you.. what? Took him under your wing? Teach him the facts of life? ughhhhhhh [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah. that was pretty bad but i ignored it.

12-10-2005 05:44 PM

A movie star tried to burglarize a cop's home?

Luv2DriveTT 12-10-2005 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you not read the part about when he held a broken bottle of vodka? He tried to stab the other guy. There is a lot more to it, I'm not going to share everything with OOT. I hung with or around this guy for 3 or more years, always watching my back because something just wasn't right. I wasn't just some guy who met in in a club, get it?

PS: Not a bouncer, a doorman. A huge difference, bouncers are hired muscle, doormen are hired personalities.

TheCroShow 12-10-2005 06:12 PM

my heart bleeds for your man-crush

dblgutshot 12-10-2005 06:27 PM

So he kind of scared you, and you don't really like him or his friends...yet you hung with him or around him for 3 years? THis is due to the club you worked, or you hang with him outside of work also?

MrMon 12-10-2005 06:37 PM

Soon to be "Ripped From The Headlines" on L&O. But of course any resemblence to anyone living or dead will be purely coincidental.

ononimo 12-10-2005 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a lot more to it, I'm not going to share everything with OOT. I hung with or around this guy for 3 or more years, always watching my back because something just wasn't right. I wasn't just some guy who met in in a club, get it?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, actually, i don't get it ... maybe if you told us more we'd understand the point of the original post, particularly what, if anything, you could have done to change things.

[ QUOTE ]
PS: Not a bouncer, a doorman. A huge difference, bouncers are hired muscle, doormen are hired personalities.

[/ QUOTE ]

the obvious similarity is that both groups tend to have exaggerated notions of their own importance.

12-10-2005 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you not read the part about when he held a broken bottle of vodka? He tried to stab the other guy. There is a lot more to it, I'm not going to share everything with OOT. I hung with or around this guy for 3 or more years, always watching my back because something just wasn't right. I wasn't just some guy who met in in a club, get it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean, I used to hang out with a OJ alot. I washed his golf clubs after he played. BUT I wasnt just some dumb golf club washer he met, we were very close, if only there was something I could have done.....

On a serious note, this sounds like one of those posts that you think was gonna be really good, and then you post it and everyone is like "thats gay". and then you comeback and say well you dont know the whole story, Im not gonna tell OOT everything about my very special relationship with some b rated actor nobody cares about!!

InchoateHand 12-10-2005 06:48 PM

Did your real account suck so much you had to start posting under your equally laughable gimmick?

Hhahahahah.

You make me happy on the inside.

KaneKungFu123 12-10-2005 06:56 PM

Many, the OOT population really needs to get laid. You guys are so [censored] cranky. I want to reach into the screen, pull you out of my computer and beat the [censored] out of most of you. As soon as one person makes a snotty remark, you guys pile up. Bored? Go outside and exercise or do something instead of trying to be a prick on an internet message board inbetween your jerk offs.

Great story TT.

InchoateHand 12-10-2005 06:57 PM

"Many, the OOT population really needs to get laid. You guys are so [censored] cranky. I want to reach into the screen, pull you out of my computer and beat the [censored] out of most of you. As soon as one person makes a snotty remark, you guys pile up. Bored? Go outside and exercise or do something instead of trying to be a prick on an internet message board inbetween your jerk offs. "

I believe you were strangely silent on my offer to kick your ass when I was last in Thailand.

KaneKungFu123 12-10-2005 07:00 PM

"One day my little sister who wanted to be an actress is going to teh corner store to get some milk...."

KaneKungFu123 12-10-2005 07:02 PM

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

FYI, you were on my ignore list for a very long time. I took you off for some reason. A big mistake.

Blarg 12-10-2005 07:03 PM

Have to agree here. If you didn't like being around him but hung around him, you need to either poop or get off the pot, tell us why or don't. Because that doesn't make sense on its face.

If you wish there was something you could have done, first, why would that thought even come up? If you don't want to tell us, what kind of half-story is this? It doesn't even hold together.

This wasn't one of the better stories out there. It sounds suspiciously like a "I knew a celebrity currently in the news" brag post.

B Dids 12-10-2005 07:07 PM

I feel like everybody dissing TT in this thread has never read any of his posts ever.

billyjex 12-10-2005 07:10 PM

that sucks. i liked him in the bronx tale. sounds like he was destined for it.

KaneKungFu123 12-10-2005 07:11 PM

You guys obviously never been around someone who you knew was going to "lose it" one of these days? What can you do? Probably nothing. I think that is what TT is lamenating here. Either way, this was an interesting read just for the shock value.

[censored] 12-10-2005 07:12 PM

good post bro

ononimo 12-10-2005 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the shock value.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

by the way, the CNN article states that Brancato wasn't the gunman.

tonypaladino 12-10-2005 07:14 PM

Everyone needs to relax with the attacks on TT, the guy just found out that someone he used to hang with shot a cop.

ononimo 12-10-2005 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel like everybody dissing TT in this thread has never read any of his posts ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think criticizing the original post should be viewed as criticism of the poster himself ... nor should people feel the need to defend the original post simply as a sign of support/friendship for the poster.

KaneKungFu123 12-10-2005 07:15 PM

for someone so disinterested, why did you read the article? why are you still posting in the thread? Just F.O.

ononimo 12-10-2005 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
for someone so disinterested, why did you read the article? why are you still posting in the thread? Just F.O.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you have reading comprehension problems? where did i say i was disinterested? to the contrary, the reason i wanted more information was because i WAS interested.

ononimo 12-10-2005 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone needs to relax with the attacks on TT, the guy just found out that someone he used to hang with shot a cop.

[/ QUOTE ]

from CNN article:
"The alleged gunman, Steven Armento of Yonkers, was shot four times and was in serious condition. Brancato, who police said was unarmed, was shot twice and was in critical condition."

12-10-2005 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, Im sure he feels terrible, if only there was something he could have done.....

tonypaladino 12-10-2005 07:21 PM

That was not there before. If you check the timestamp on the CNN article that was just updated at 6:09 pm. It said when it was first posted that Brancato was being held on suspicion of shooting the cop.

ononimo 12-10-2005 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That was not there before. If you check the timestamp on the CNN article that was just updated at 6:09 pm. It said when it was first posted that Brancato was being held on suspicion of shooting the cop.

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough - i can only speak to what the article said at the time that i read it. i have no knowledge of what was or wasn't there before.

KaneKungFu123 12-10-2005 07:32 PM

Lets just play that C gets through this okay

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/LAW/12/1...rancato.ap.jpg

UCF THAYER 12-10-2005 08:01 PM

He doesn't have to have shot him to be charged with murder.

Blarg 12-10-2005 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know both that that's not true and that it doesn't matter. I think most are criticizing the post, not the poster, nor do they care about his bona fides in the music world etc.

12-10-2005 08:23 PM

Sorry for my ignorance but what character did he play on the Sopranos?

Klepton 12-10-2005 08:38 PM

this story is rad.

KDawgCometh 12-10-2005 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and for those of us who have seen you, even imagining you as a bouncer is kind of funny

IN the news story, it said that Brancato was unarmed, so does that mean that if/when he recovers that he will be charged with a cop killing, or will he be just charged with teh breaking&entering

shant 12-10-2005 08:52 PM

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent.

12-10-2005 08:55 PM

I think the story is good, but I really think movie star is a little misleading. I think guy who acted in movies would be a much better description.

willie 12-10-2005 08:59 PM

what a jerkoff

how the hell did this guy end up robbing a vacant house- that's smalltime 17 year old [censored]....

stupid tool- he's goin away FOREVER.

thatpfunk 12-10-2005 09:18 PM

he played matthew bevaloqua? he hung around with christopher (season 2 or 3?) and then shot him for some reason. tony beat the piss out out of him and then killed him.