Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha/8 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   This hand is why I am awesome..... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=369246)

Ribbo 10-31-2005 09:25 PM

This hand is why I am awesome.....

And why all my opponents are tards....

http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?p...mp;hand=158096 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Webster 10-31-2005 09:32 PM

Re: This hand is why I am awesome.....

I do hope you are kidding LOL!!

Wintermute 10-31-2005 09:33 PM

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...llerblader.jpg

TGoldman 10-31-2005 09:39 PM

He was probably thinking, "YES!! I KNEW my straight was good!" as the chips were pushed towards him.

Ribbo 10-31-2005 09:45 PM

I actually thought i still had the best hand on the river and decided to check to see if he would bet for me, since I believed he was on a busted draw and if i bet he would just fold.
But that check by him afterwards, awesome. Saved me so much money.

Ribbo 10-31-2005 09:49 PM

It's surprising how many people think you have to check raise a flopped full house. Just bet it, no point trying to be tricky. You can't build a big pot without putting money in.

poet 10-31-2005 11:32 PM

I don't see how this makes you the best plo8 player unless it's because you have some sort of idiot magnet and you found someone too stupid to punish you when they gambled and got very lucky. And you didn't check the river because you sensed he drew out on you. You admitted you still thought you had the best hand and were trying to induce a bluff. You need to ease up on the PR because you're starting to sound like someone who is in love with hearing their own voice.

Ribbo 10-31-2005 11:38 PM

No, actually it's called self deprecating humour, a very English form of humour. You're absolutely right when you say "And you didn't check the river because you sensed he drew out on you" that's part of what makes what I said self deprecating. It's pretty obvious TO EVERYONE i didn't do that, that's what makes the statement funny....

poet 10-31-2005 11:51 PM

Ahhh... I see. My apologies. Question for the group here: How much self deprication does it take to get to the center of a self neurosis? The world may never know.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

kurto 11-01-2005 02:14 PM

I'm amazed more by his every call prior to the river. His river check is just the icing on the cake.

It makes me wonder if there are a lot of people who sit down and the tables and start playing without really having any idea how to play the game.

Ribbo 11-01-2005 02:28 PM

You would be surprised the number of people who draw to a straight or flush on the flop when the board has already paired. No, wait, you wouldn't be surprised at all.
People just start to out-think themselves (if he had a full house on the flop he would have checked, so my straight might be good on the turn). Actually I'm just betting because I have a good hand and I think I will get called...

kurto 11-01-2005 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You would be surprised the number of people who draw to a straight or flush on the flop when the board has already paired. No, wait, you wouldn't be surprised at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be nitpicky... but his draw wasn't even to an OESD.. he was drawing to an inside straight draw. Makes it even more ridiculous.

mikeyk14 11-01-2005 04:52 PM

If the board is paired, I never draw to a st or flush. But there are so many who would.

I've been your situation many times I flop the FH, I get called by another with a 10 and he hits one of his cards for a higher FH. What frustation.

kurto 11-01-2005 04:54 PM

Similar Tards...

Last night... EP raise... I call with A345 (ace suited in clubs). 3 more callers.

Flop comes something like... Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

PF raiser bets .25 (which immediately clues you in to their 'tard-i-tude' I pot it. 1 caller in LP and PFR calls.

Turn A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Checks to me... I pot it. Only PFR calls.

River- 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Crap... He checks? I throw out a small 1/2 bet (I'm really not worried about him coming over the top... thinking its probably a split pot). He calls.

I check hand history... villain had AKJ10.. no clubs.

I don't get it. Especially the river call.

TheWorstPlayer 11-01-2005 05:01 PM

Re: Similar Tards...

[ QUOTE ]
no clubs.

[/ QUOTE ]
Would it be better if he had one club?

Wintermute 11-01-2005 05:05 PM

That reminds me of this hand that happened to me last night. I get dealt AAQ3, suited to the ace in [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]'s in the CO and get a raise in preflop, we take a flop of 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 ways. DING DING DING, motherFKERS.

Checks around to me, I pot it, get two callers. Turn is a 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and I'm like OH SH!T, but I still got a low draw so I pot it when the action checks around to me. Two callers (FK!). River puts out the T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], it checks around, I figure my hand might be in jeopardy so I bet 1/2 the pot, get two callers again! Guess what they had? One guy had the J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], the other guy had 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], both of those fking dumbasses thought they had STRAIGHT FLUSHES! I was like, TWO FROM THE HAND, THREE FROM THE BOARD, FKTARDS!!! Mwahhawhahshhashrhafdhfghfghfhff1

dcasper70 11-01-2005 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That reminds me of this hand that happened to me last night. I get dealt AAQ3, suited to the ace in [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]'s in the CO and get a raise in preflop, we take a flop of 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 ways. DING DING DING, motherFKERS.

Checks around to me, I pot it, get two callers. Turn is a 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and I'm like OH SH!T, but I still got a low draw so I pot it when the action checks around to me. Two callers (FK!). River puts out the T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], it checks around, I figure my hand might be in jeopardy so I bet 1/2 the pot, get two callers again! Guess what they had? One guy had the J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], the other guy had 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], both of those fking dumbasses thought they had STRAIGHT FLUSHES! I was like, TWO FROM THE HAND, THREE FROM THE BOARD, FKTARDS!!! Mwahhawhahshhashrhafdhfghfghfhff1

[/ QUOTE ]

So, not only did they think they had the straight flushes, but they also didn't come over the top with what (in their minds) would have been the top 2 nuts!?!?! Bad hand readers plus poor betting strategies, a double whammy!

They don't deserve that money! Keep up the good work Winter!

Wintermute 11-01-2005 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...1691crotch.jpg

Drizztdj 11-01-2005 06:20 PM

People like that play $200 PLO8????

I think I'm playing on the wrong sites...

Beavis68 11-01-2005 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And why all my opponents are tards....

http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?p...mp;hand=158096 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't a bad beat forum, go to pokerpages for that.

kurto 11-01-2005 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would it be better if he had one club?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I just note what I remembered.

There's little significance to my post other then to share my befuddlement when I see some of the things our opponents do. I try to understand... and fail.

11-01-2005 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...1691crotch.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

This picture is why Wintermute is awesome...

(p.s., wtf did I do to get banned from 2+2 - kidluckee?)