Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   OFFICIAL: NORTH AMERICA vs EUROPE CHALLENGE #4 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=342256)

cha59 09-22-2005 05:54 PM

OFFICIAL: NORTH AMERICA vs EUROPE CHALLENGE #4

NORTH AMERICA vs EUROPE CHALLENGE #4

“NORTH AMERICA vs EUROPE CHALLENGE #3”
was held Sunday May 20, 2005. 64 players from around the world battled. Much blood was spilled. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] In the end, Europe accidentally [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] won the battle, cutting North America’s previously commanding lead in the series to 2-1.

It is time for:

“NORTH AMERICA vs EUROPE CHALLENGE #4”

The event will be held Sunday October 23, 2005 at 3:00pm Eastern time.

The event will be a private password $22 multi table tournament on Poker Stars.

A registration will be required to provide 2+2 Name, Stars Name and Team choice to receive the password.

To register for the game and receive the password, contact cha59 or Stoneii by private message with your Poker Stars screen name. Make sure you indicate which team you will be playing for. Players who want to play in the tournament but do not wish to represent either team may do so.

Thank you for your participation,

Tom/cha59

A private $22 tournament for 2+2 posters. Not sponsored by Two Plus Two Publishing.

DrPhysic 09-22-2005 06:14 PM

Re: OFFICIAL: NORTH AMERICA vs EUROPE CHALLENGE #4

NA and EU Teams:

I would like to see all of our regular Trout game people come out to support the team of their choice.

The team captains will be:
North America Team: 2+2 name: cha59, PStars: cha59
European Team: 2+2 name: Stoneii, PStars: Stone_Eyes

Give them your support. We want this to be a great event.

Doc

DrPhysic 09-22-2005 06:15 PM

Freudian said:

I'm interested in donking for Europe but I won't know if I'm free that day for a while. When is the cutoff date for you guys?

DrPhysic 09-22-2005 06:16 PM

Supersetoy said:

I had the same question, but will be playing for the Americans.

USA! USA! USA!

DrPhysic 09-22-2005 06:18 PM

Stoneii said:

Freudian

After a chat with cha - if you think you might play and if you do, want to score for EU, then put your name down, that way if you show last minute you will score and if you can't make it then fair enough

Stoneii

theben 09-22-2005 06:24 PM

go usa

cha59 09-23-2005 01:25 AM

Updated unofficial NA team

Here is the updated North American team list:

BLUEFEET
CHA59
DR.PHYSIC
EXITONLY
FIERY JUSTICE
GUMPZILLA
IHATEKEITHSMART
JBROCHU
PERCUSSION
R2P
RDUKE55
SNG-SAM
SUPERSETOY
THE_JOKER
TORO
TSHORT
USCSIGMA1097
WES MANTOOTH

With these heavy hitters, Europe doesnt stand a chance, but lets get some more good players anyway. Sorry Stoneii, you just dont stand a chance this time.

Anyone else who's interested in playing for NA, contact cha59 by PM.

09-23-2005 02:43 AM

Re: Updated unofficial NA team

[ QUOTE ]

With these heavy hitters, Europe doesnt stand a chance ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I speak for many when I say bwahahahahahahhahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

paulish 09-23-2005 09:32 AM

?

how do you determine the winner. Is it 1st place, or over-all avg. team-score?
How many players usually enter?

DrPhysic 09-23-2005 10:07 AM

Re Scoring

The scoring is based on Mike Haven's "Weighted scoring system for 2 uneven teams." It gives credit for participation and for placement (although it favors placing highly). The scoring is balanced so that a team of 10 players has an equal chance against a team of 20 players. The complete scoring system will be published before the tournament.

Doc

Stoneii 09-23-2005 04:47 PM

loveinvain

when you stop laughing at cha's hilarious comment - and if i ever get the tears out of my own eyes lol - is that a confirmation of your place on the EU team ?

Not sure if I have all the complete confirmation list and there are several dozen more yet to confirm but to date the ones that are in for sure for EU as I understand it are:

freudian
ipp147
jackarama
jaffa
mackthefork
melchiades
mjm
stavros2
stoneii
thoth
valenzuela

stoneii

looking still to hear back from the huge majority of the 30+ signed up initially. Game is available on the private sub-tab of Tourney tab - cha and I are already in and I swear that's a nervous look I see [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

stoneii

Stoneii 09-23-2005 04:56 PM

Re: ?

paulish

as DrPhysic rightly says it's a weighted scoring system which fairly accounts for any difference in team numbers.

Just like to add that EVERY member of each team scores points toward the overall total team score, right down to last place in the tournie.

In terms of numbers, last time (EU v NA III) we had 64 players, which we're hoping to beat to at least 75-100 this time out!!

Fancy playing ?

stoneii

DrPhysic 09-24-2005 04:12 AM

PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER YET.

3:00 AM SEPT 24.

We just realized I made the tournament limit holdem. I will fix it, but I cannot do so if anyone is registered.

When registration is open, we will announce it.

Thanks for your help.

Doc

FieryJustice 09-25-2005 12:50 AM

Re: PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER YET.

Did someone ever get this thing set up? I was going to sign up for it tonight but I didnt see it up there.

cha59 09-25-2005 11:08 AM

Re: PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER YET.

[ QUOTE ]
Did someone ever get this thing set up? I was going to sign up for it tonight but I didnt see it up there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doc is working on it. The game was initially acidentally set up as a limit game. The real game will be no limit.

There will be an announcement when the correct game is set up.

cha59 09-25-2005 11:39 AM

Updated NA team

Here is the updated North American team list:

BLUEFEET
CHA59
DR. JEKYL
DR.PHYSIC
EXITONLY
FIERY JUSTICE
GUMPZILLA
IHATEKEITHSMART
JBROCHU
PERCUSSION
R2P
RDUKE55
SNG-SAM
SUPERSETOY
THE_JOKER
TORO
TSHORT
USCSIGMA1097
WES MANTOOTH
WIGGS73

This is a good start, and I'm quite sure it's more than we'll need to pwn Europe, but lets make this the best team we possibly can.

Anyone else who's interested in playing for NA, contact cha59 by PM.

The once and future king 09-26-2005 01:13 PM

Re: Re Scoring

[ QUOTE ]
The scoring is based on Mike Haven's "Weighted scoring system for 2 uneven teams." It gives credit for participation and for placement (although it favors placing highly). The scoring is balanced so that a team of 10 players has an equal chance against a team of 20 players. The complete scoring system will be published before the tournament.

Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be good to see this ASAP so we can work out an optimal chip dumping scheme.

Stoneii 09-26-2005 02:47 PM

just thought I'd introduce one of EU's snipers - can take out the eye of a newt from 4.2 miles [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

IHateKeithSmart 09-26-2005 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just thought I'd introduce one of EU's snipers - can take out the eye of a newt from 4.2 miles [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

we have phys, bluefeet, and gump. Even if the rest of us are no-shows, this should still be a slaughter [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Stoneii 09-27-2005 02:36 PM

Hi Folks

Ok, can all now sign up to the game - under Tourney Tab/Private and it's game under 23rd Oct 3pm - $22 buy-in NL texas holdem (ID 13079392).

Thank you DrPhysic for getting the game sorted for us.

I'm already signed up (Stone_Eyes),anyone wants to sign up and hasn't already PM'ed for the password, feel free to do so to either cha59 or myself.

Hard confirmations to date from EU players include:

freudian
ipp147
jackarama
jaffa
loveinvain
mackthefork
melchiades
mjm
stavros2
stoneii
the once and future king
thoth
valenzuela

Looking forward to hearing from the other 20+ volunteers [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Your country needs EU [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Cheers

stoneii

cha59 09-27-2005 06:36 PM

Hello everyone,

Ok, we can all now sign up to the game - under Tourney Tab/Private and it's game under 23rd Oct 3pm - $22 buy-in NL texas holdem (ID 13079392).

Here is the North American team at the moment:

BLUEFEET
CHA59
DR.PHYSIC
EXITONLY
FIERY JUSTICE
GUMPZILLA
HYDE
IHATEKEITHSMART
JBROCHU
PERCUSSION
R2P
RDUKE55
SNG-SAM
SUPERSETOY
THE_JOKER
TORO
TSHORT
USCSIGMA1097
WES MANTOOTH
WIGGS73

This is a good start. We're hoping to get a lot more players than this. PM cha59 if you're interested in playing for NA or Stoneii if you want to play for EU.

DrPhysic 10-02-2005 07:23 PM

YOU CAN REGISTER NOW!

The NA vs EU Challenge #4 posting has been corrected. You can register any time. (For those who are curious about the delay some dufusdoc posted the game as limit holdem the first time. Fixed now.)

Get your teams together, this should be as much fun as the last three.

Doc

Stoneii 10-03-2005 08:03 AM

Re: YOU CAN REGISTER NOW!

Hi Folks

A couple more PM's from EU volunteers. The arcticfox, rarely spotted unless he decides to be seen, has shed his camouflage for a couple minutes and declared his allegiance to EU for the battle.

We also have a new volunteer mic_check12 currently touring the far east but will attempt to hold his wanderlust for 1 day to take his place in the team.

Confirmed EU members to date include:

arcticfox
freudian
ipp147
jackarama
jaffa
loveinvain
mackthefork
melchiades
mic_check12
mjm
stavros2
stoneii
the once and future king
thoth
valenzuela

bringing us to 15 confirmed. Ticking upwards nicely but we're looking for an EU complement of 35+ to take down the might of NA.

Keep the registrations a coming.

Time to make it 2+2 EU [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

stoneii

cha59 10-03-2005 09:19 PM

Here is the updated list of the North American machine:

BADGERPRO
BLUEFEET
CHA59
DR.PHYSIC
EXITONLY
FIERY JUSTICE
GUMPZILLA
HYDE
IHATEKEITHSMART
IRISH069
JBROCHU
PERCUSSION
R2P
RDUKE55
SNG-SAM
SUPERSETOY
THE JOKER
TORO
TSHORT
USCSIGMA1097
WES MANTOOTH
WIGGS73

This is an excellent start. We're looking to at least double this list by gametime. PM cha59 to register for the winners [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] and receive the password for the game.

Freudian 10-03-2005 09:35 PM

I am not intimidated by you using capot... capitt... really really big letters in your lineup!

cha59 10-03-2005 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not intimidated by you using capot... capitt... really really big letters in your lineup!

[/ QUOTE ]

GOOD! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] BRING IT ON [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Stoneii 10-06-2005 03:34 PM

Guys/Girls (any girls ?)

Latest update on team EU - 16 players have confirmed there intention to play, 11 (in total - both EU & NA) have actually signed up on the private tournie tab to play, keep the registrations coming, anyone want to join in, please do, it's fun and educational and above all else - great craic (fun) as we say here [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

arcticfox
freudian
ipp147
Jackarama
jaffa
Lars
loveinvain
mackthefork
Melchiades
mic_check12
mjm
Stavros2
stoneii
The Once and Future King
Thoth
Valenzuela

The first last longer bet also stands between Cha59 and myself, so any "buddies" that want to prove their 'lasting abilities' want to challenge one another then this is the place/time to do so.

Let's get these numbers up folks, I fancy EU will need 30 to comfortably take the challenge home [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

PM me for the password if you're signing up for team EU or cha59 for team NA (please also give stars username when signing up so Doc knows who you're scoring for - we won't post any stars nics on 2+2 if you'd rather we didn't so let us know in advance). Any further details you need just post here or PM either of us and we'll gladly help

stoneii - TO ARMS MY FRIENDS [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

valenzuela 10-08-2005 08:15 PM

Im d_maybe and Im playing for Europe [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], anyway how does europe win?

cha59 10-08-2005 09:29 PM

North America's team is 25 strong at the moment. We are looking to add many more to the team. Here is the team list so far:

BADGERPRO
BLUEFEET
CHA59
DR.PHYSIC
EXITONLY
FIERY JUSTICE
GUMPZILLA
HYDE
IHATEKEITHSMART
IRISH069
JBROCHU
PERCUSSION
R2P
RDUKE55
SADAT X
SNG-SAM
SUPERSETOY
SWAS7366
THE JOKER
THEDIRTYDIRTY
TORO
TSHORT
USCSIGMA1097
WES MANTOOTH
WIGGS73

Lets make this the biggest turnout for this series yet. Anyone interested in joining team North America or those who have questions, PM cha59.

Europe is going to need help, so any Europeans interested in playing should contact Stoneii.

DrPhysic 10-09-2005 07:46 AM

Scoring

2 Team weighted scoring system

Scoring system for North America vs Europe Challenge #4
(adapted from the weighted two team scoring system by Mike Haven. Thanks Mike.)

This system provides team points for every player.
Players scoring higher get more points.
Players making the final table get bonus points.
Total raw team points are balanced according to the numbers of players on each team.
Formulas follow:

PLACE POINTS
Assuming t players:
1st = t points
2nd = t-1 points
3rd = t-2 points
next to last = 2 points
last = 1 point

FINAL TABLE BONUS POINTS:
1st 20
2nd 16
3rd 14
4th 12
5th 10
6th 8
7th 6
8th 4
9th 2

TOTAL INDIVIDUAL POINTS (if there are 50 players),
1st = 50 + 20 = 70pts
2nd = 49 + 16 = 65pts
50th = 1pt

Team cumulative points will be:
d = actual cumulative score of team NA
e = actual cumulative score of team EU

Team player count will be:
x = number of players in team NA
y = number of players in team EU

Total points and total players will be:
p = total available points
t = total number of players

Final team scores will be:
NA = weighted final score of team North America
EU = weighted final score of team Europe

Team point formula will be:
NA = pyd/(yd+xe) North American Weighted Final Score
EU = pxe/(yd+xe) European Weighted Final Score

The above formulae are run on a spreadsheet previously verified for accuracy.

Team Captains will check the spreadsheet before final points are announced.

ONLY PLAYERS WHO HAVE SIGNED UP FOR A TEAM ON 1 TABLE TOURNAMENT FORUM BEFORE THE GAME STARTS WILL HAVE THEIR SCORES COUNTED TOWARD A TEAM SCORE! NO EXCEPTIONS!
That prevents somebody declaring for the winning team after the fact, and me trying to figure out which team the guy from the island republic of lower slobbovia should be on.

If you are from Europe, one assumes you would play for Team Europe. If you are from North America, one assumes you would play for Team NA. If you live in Manhatten, but just emigrated from Russia, you may pick your team or play as an independent not on a team. If you are from some other part of the world, you may pick your team. The scoring at this time does not allow for 3 or more teams although if Team Asia, Team Down Under, or etc showed up with enough players to constitute a team for future events, we would be happy to look at the math needed to accomodate that. (The math for a 3+ team balanced scoring system could get a bit messy.)

For those who don’t want to work out the math, the scoring system rewards bringing a lot of friends, but it much more rewards placing highly.

Teams who have people who signed up on 1TTF and were not able to play will not be penalized. Only players who actually play will be scored.

We MUST know in advance if your playing name on Poker Stars is different from your signup name on 2+2.

Doc [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

MegaBet 10-10-2005 11:57 AM

Re: Scoring

OK BATCHES, MEGABET HAS JUST ENSURED VICTORY FOR TEAM EUROPE!

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

codewarrior 10-10-2005 11:59 AM

Hi.

The time is near.

Stoneii 10-10-2005 01:28 PM

Re: Scoring

Hi MB and team EU

Indeed, our numbers steadily increase and while I find it hard to argue with you regarding ensuring victory for EU, your position in the team will add to the punishment we will dish out to NA, the margin of victory has now grown [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Team EU confirmed to date is about 18 in number, includes:

AbelM
arcticfox
freudian
ipp147
Jackarama
jaffa
Lars
loveinvain
mackthefork
MegaBet
Melchiades
mic_check12
mjm
Stavros2
stoneii
The Once and Future King
Thoth
Valenzuela

Sign up my friends, under 2 weeks until we lay waste to what used to be fort NA, you must be there to be able to tell the grandkids of this [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Sign up too on stars, the more we get in early, the more are likely to join us, much kudos and bragging rights to the winner who can wade through 75+ 2+2'ers [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

stoneii

MegaBet 10-10-2005 02:15 PM

I wonder why stanzee hasn't joined? If he's the worlds best player, then he is surely the best player in Europe...

...on the other hand he may not want to embarrass himself [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

stanzee 10-10-2005 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder why stanzee hasn't joined? If he's the worlds best player, then he is surely the best player in Europe...

...on the other hand he may not want to embarrass himself [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If i'm available that day, then i "might" consider letting Europe have the honour of me representing them. Although can't say i would be 100% happy about playing on the same team as people like Megabet. Having said that i may still be tempted to "carry" Europe to victory over NA.

Stoneii 10-11-2005 07:28 AM

I have a shiny new pair of dark shades and a cushion on your table seat waiting for you when you decide to join up.

Let me know when you're in [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

stoneii

tigerite 10-11-2005 07:38 AM

I'm still up for playing for Europe.

ilya 10-11-2005 07:42 AM

I will play. I will be representing myself.

ilya 10-11-2005 07:43 AM

I will play. I will be representing myself. It's certainly true that no man is an island but I like to think of myself as a peninsula.

lorinda 10-11-2005 07:54 AM

Next month we can have INTJ's versus normal people.

Lori