Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   55 Hand vs A DANE (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=371368)

brazilio 11-03-2005 08:44 PM

55 Hand vs A DANE

He ate some pastries immediately after this one. He and I play frequently together at sh tables. He's done a couple of wacky plays. I have a problem tilting at this specific site because the software is goofy and I misclick frequently, so I'm sure he's aware that I occasionally go apeshit. This specific table was playing a bit tighter than usual, so my marginal 55 raise was probably ok, although questionable. He's a good TAG, I have a few hundred hands on him. I've seen very few questionable plays, a few loose calls and a couple of goofs, some AK UI calldowns that I may have not done. In general he's good.

6-max, Hero is UTG+1 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
The Dane is in the BB

1 fold, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, 2 folds, SB folds, BB calls.

2 to the flop for 4 SB
9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, <font color="red">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

2 to the turn for 4 BB

J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

<font color="red">BB bets</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

2 to the river for 8 BB
6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red">BB bets</font>, Hero...

My first judgement here (in retrospect) is that the river is a clear fold. I'd like some responses, because I don't know how marginally good or bad the whole hand is. Don't post anything if it's going to be exclusively preflop.

kurosh 11-03-2005 08:46 PM

Re: 55 Hand vs A DANE

I fold pf... then I fold the flop... then I fold the turn and then I fold the river.

The thing is, even if he's semi-bluffing, he has a ton of outs against you.

brazilio 11-03-2005 08:49 PM

thx [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

gildwulf 11-03-2005 08:52 PM

This entire hand looks like tilt to me. This is a terrible flop to bluff at because it's likely to hit almost any hand that a TAG is willing to play. If you feel the need to bluff on a flop like this, don't. The turn is terrible...he is showing obvious strength and it's a clear fold. The river is also a fold. This is not marginally bad and the decisions are not close...

peace,
zach

baronzeus 11-03-2005 08:59 PM

STOP TRYING TO PLAY LIKE ME!!!

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

brazilio 11-03-2005 09:00 PM

Where are you baronpoop, jason_t's gone to vegas so he can go [censored] some 13 year old herpes vectors again.

baronzeus 11-03-2005 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where are you baronpoop, jason_t's gone to vegas so he can go [censored] some 13 year old herpes vectors again.

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you mean where am i? im not in vegas thats for sure.

brazilio 11-03-2005 09:02 PM

sstakes

baronzeus 11-03-2005 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sstakes

[/ QUOTE ]

i decided i wasnt getting enough out of it to make up for all the annoying things i had to deal with from some of the regulars. besides that ive got a lot of school stuff too.

cookie 11-03-2005 10:46 PM

I was the dane.

Lets say I had Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

How did I play it?

baronzeus 11-03-2005 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was the dane.

Lets say I had Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

How did I play it?

[/ QUOTE ]

you both played it fine IMO as long as brazilio folded the river.

brazilio 11-03-2005 11:44 PM

Which I didn't because I'm lame.

baronzeus 11-03-2005 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cookie is so innocent and trustable [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] his name is cookie! how could you call that river bet!!!

cookie 11-03-2005 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cookie is so innocent and trustable [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] his name is cookie! how could you call that river bet!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Because I flop trips good against him [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

brazilio 11-03-2005 11:53 PM

You can't trust Danes, they eat the flesh of humans and revel in the sick debauchery common among other left-leaning communist pigdogs.

redbeard 11-04-2005 01:07 AM

i like the way you played it. the river donk bet is great because he has shown a tendancy to raise you on any street so far so you might get three bets or more on the river. he definately appears to be a player on tilt so take advantage.

Alex/Mugaaz 11-04-2005 03:18 AM

I don't get the point of trying to these type of hands this way. First of all your tiny ahead, way behind and multiply this by the fact there is almost no possible way to play this hand well against an aggressive opponent. On top of that it's virtually impossible for there to be a situation where a bet goes in on the river with you showing down the best hand, while the exact opposite is true for him. I'm not convinced a hand like this can make money against a good opponent.

oreogod 11-04-2005 10:26 AM

Pretty sure a flop check is best here a good majority of the time. There are a couple ways to play this, but while the way u played it is...ehhh, its not the best way (i like the line with less coordination), u are either marginally ahead here with a [censored]-ton of outs against u or behind.

If the board wasnt so damn coordinated, Id love the line u took. Fold the river.

PS. You better be totally diggin my new avatar.

oreogod 11-04-2005 10:46 AM

This maybe boring for a lot of ppl...but if u check the flop are u just folding to a turn bet in this small pot or raising or calling?

Just curious what others do, I know what I do.

cookie 11-04-2005 12:31 PM

How low do people go with openraising PPs UTG+1 6-max?

w_alloy 11-04-2005 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How low do people go with openraising PPs UTG+1 6-max?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people do 55-77. I think 55 and 66 are the most common cutoffs.

As to the hand, I think you need to bet this flop because you can pick up the pot enough of the time. Also, he will bet this a very high % of the time and you will have to release if you check.

However, after he c/r you, you should fold. A flush or straight draw with overs are both favorites over you. A pair is a very large favorite. Almost any card in the deck thats a heart or over 5 is a scare card.

Seeing how you got to the turn, I think a free showdown raise is good here. You can fold a pair sometimes and charge draws more. The J is a good card for you here. After the river donk however, I think you need to fold.

ChuckyB 11-04-2005 02:13 PM

All I can think is...get the hell out on the turn (if not the flop)

11-04-2005 03:04 PM

Clear river fold.

I certainly dont raise the turn as you did. You're either ahead because he's drawing or you're way behind. In no case does he fold his hand. If you think you're ahead, I would just call him down.

However, that said, I probably fold the flop checkraise against straightforward players, since calling him down is a pretty lame option given the number of times you're going to be doing so drawing thin and/or he will out draw you by the river.

brazilio 11-04-2005 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This maybe boring for a lot of ppl...but if u check the flop are u just folding to a turn bet in this small pot or raising or calling?

Just curious what others do, I know what I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was wondering.

brazilio 11-04-2005 05:16 PM

As it turns out, I've got huge problems. Even if he's on a draw, it's very likely he's got two overs and at least one strong draw. In this hand he happened to have Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], probably one of the worst drawing hands vs me. My equity on the flop is about 33%. My equity vs his hand range is 10% or so once he checkraises the flop. I think if I check the flop I might as well give up on the hand, but when I bet flop at least I can fold cleanly, I just vomit all over myself if I check and he bets. My other problems are that I can't value bluff the river if I raise the turn, and even if he blanks on the turn with his large draws, a rivered 7 is still going to beat me. Calldown's too expensive if he just won't fold his junk on the flop.

Surfbullet 11-04-2005 05:22 PM

I give it up on the flop...but i wouldn't continuation-bet, I'd take the free card and pray for a 5 and then a board-pairing heart so I can take him to the cleaners. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I think this hand is really spewing. I'm glad you looked into the type of equity you have when you are "ahead" (Hint: when your hand is best it's not ahead).

Surf

cookie 11-04-2005 07:48 PM

I think brazilio needs to bet the flop before giving up, mb im retarded cause I cant really think of a situation where I dont think he should bet the flop here.

And why is it Im straightforward all of the sudden?

brazilio 11-04-2005 08:03 PM

Sorry, I didn't mean you're straightforward, I meant you're a FISH

lufbradolly 11-04-2005 08:06 PM

Cahones!

FOLD THE FLOP <font color="white"> </font>

lufbradolly 11-04-2005 08:07 PM

dodgy

cookie 11-04-2005 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I didn't mean you're straightforward, I meant you're a FISH

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, and the site is rigged since Im winning ur money [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]