Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   why most of us are running bad? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401630)

pecto 12-19-2005 09:29 PM

why most of us are running bad?

are the small stakes sh games changing?

kidcolin 12-19-2005 09:43 PM

Re: why most of us are running bad?

I'm not running bad.

kross 12-19-2005 10:00 PM

I am, but I suck at 6-max. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

POKhER 12-19-2005 10:05 PM

I don't know, i think they're getting tougher though yeah...Although im relatively new to 6max.

Just seems lately theres a whole load of tags about and not many fish.

Dam why didn't i find poker 2years ago!! ARGH!

ArturiusX 12-19-2005 10:05 PM

I hope this response is a joke.

Tables are better then they ever have been.

mungpo 12-19-2005 10:06 PM

There will always be fish.

LoaferGee12 12-19-2005 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed.

POKhER 12-19-2005 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope this response is a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

You reckon? Feels oppisite to me, also looks like 2/4 and 3/6 got tougher? I dunno

i dont play any 3/6 but i've datamined it recently and it looks tigther than a few months back when i did. Hmm maybe just coinsedance.

Im moving to 2/4 in few weeks, better be fishy!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

12-19-2005 10:09 PM

on some sites, 1/2 is toughter due to bonus whores / rakeback whores. But to be honest its all beatable and very beatable.

True

deception5 12-19-2005 10:32 PM

I think people don't realize how long the long term is.

ArturiusX 12-19-2005 10:37 PM

When I say good, I have no problems finding 4 40+ VPIP table with at least one super idiot, and thats at 5/10.

kidcolin 12-19-2005 10:38 PM

Th 5/10 is juicy as hell. I made 100 BBs in 300 hands at 50 VPIP table friday.. sure I lost 70 back on Saturday, but it was mostly against a 90/6/1.1 fish with a giant luckbox (and a little tilt of course). Definitely two great tables. I've been finding lots of great tables. Just need to play a little better more consistently.

POKhER 12-19-2005 10:49 PM

maybe theres a gap, by visual representation it'd look like this.

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/2...andpros3pf.jpg

kidcolin 12-19-2005 10:59 PM

good picture, but I also beat the hell out of the 3/6 game (ran good). Maybe it's gotten tougher since I left 2 or 3 months ago.

imported_leader 12-19-2005 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not running bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

POKhER 12-19-2005 11:13 PM

Hmm i gotta move up 2/4, I'm paranoid about the fish dying. I think everyone who says fish never die is having a bit of wishfull thinking.

Anyhow, so yeah this week i need to log some hands and take a 100BB shot i think(Eeeek).

12-19-2005 11:26 PM

I played a hand at 3/6 today in which I led the flop, got raised by a fish. I c/r and capped the turn, bet/3-bet the river, fish capped with TPNK. If 3/6 has gotten harder, I would like to see what soft was.

Reqtech 12-19-2005 11:35 PM

Because people aren't as good as they think they are.

<font color="white"> Party 1/2 and 3/6 and Stars 2/4 are just as fishy as they were when I moved to 6 max over 6 months ago. </font>

milesdyson 12-19-2005 11:39 PM

i am running really bad. i just lost like 5 big bets last hand i played

jba 12-20-2005 01:56 AM

pokher if I was your mom I would print that out and put it on my fridge.

12-20-2005 02:15 AM

I've been having a bad run, but I think alot of it is that I leak like a faucet and variance is kicking in. The more I play the more I find that 6max is more difficult than I first thought. I was playing 1/2, but I stepped down to .50/1 to try to fix my plumbing.

POKhER 12-20-2005 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pokher if I was your mom I would print that out and put it on my fridge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lmfao!!!

I'm a talented artist i know [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

12-20-2005 08:58 AM

im down 3k in 12k hands in 2/4 and then i moved up to 3/6 now im down 600 in 1200 hands i dont know if im running bad or what.

adsman 12-20-2005 09:01 AM

Where did you get 'most' of us from? I'm running good.

jrbick 12-20-2005 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think people don't realize how long the long term is.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/discusion]

deception5 12-20-2005 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im down 3k in 12k hands in 2/4 and then i moved up to 3/6 now im down 600 in 1200 hands i dont know if im running bad or what.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that 800BB between the two limits? I think there's a very good chance you are not a winning player at those limits if that is the case. Why move up to 3/6? I would consider moving down, posting hands, posting stats, etc.

TomBrooks 12-20-2005 10:39 AM

Are you asking why more than half of us are running bad, or do you intend to expose the cause of running bad?

Redd 12-20-2005 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i am running really bad. i just lost like 5 big bets last hand i played

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you're running at like -500BB/100! you suck

pecto 12-20-2005 12:07 PM

probably the word 'most' doesn't fit well, but yeah, quite a lot of us are running bad. My post was inspired by micobob's 1k bb downswing and a few others.

I think that tables have changed. I still see a lot of retarded plays, even more than before, but one year ago, games were a lot less agressive than today, people called down with everything and you could value bet almost anything. Today there are less of these people and a lot more lagtards which imho makes the game harder.

Probably not, but my almost 30k break even stretch is making me think. Last month has been my best month ever and the games are not going to change from one month to another so drastically, that will be a slow process if it happens.

12-20-2005 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you move up to 3/6 if you are losing at 2/4?

True

winky51 12-20-2005 12:25 PM

I'm running better than before. So who's most?

You just have to read up more on SH play and understand your opponents and their style. Then adjust. Don't know how many tables you play but I shifted down to 2x 3/6 SH and my $$$ went up a lot. I was able to read opponents better and make better decisions.

gildwulf 12-20-2005 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
are the small stakes sh games changing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not running bad and I doubt most people here are. If there are a high volume of posts of people running bad, it's probably because people post more when they are doing poorly and trying to "fix" whatever is wrong with them. When they are running good they are the [censored] and don't need advice.

Marquis 12-20-2005 12:36 PM

It's essentially impossible for most of 2+2 to run bad. Do you see why?

Reqtech 12-20-2005 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm running better than before. So who's most?

You just have to read up more on SH play and understand your opponents and their style. Then adjust. Don't know how many tables you play but I shifted down to 2x 3/6 SH and my $$$ went up a lot. I was able to read opponents better and make better decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I think a lot of people just want to play ABC poker, which works fine enough on full ring. At 6max, ABC just doesn't work. Making plays based on your PAHUD is better, but that's still not enough.

You actually have to pay attention to your opponents. Make notes on them. Hell, one thing that works for me is that I comment out loud to myself when I see them doing something odd.

Not "OMG WHAT A EFFING IDIOT LOLZORS@!" type comment that only really starts a twinge of tilt that most of us try to pretend we don't experience, but a "did you see that? playerA just 3bet preflop with TT, bet out on a flop with an AK, raised a reraise on the flop, and led out on the turn and river. I can't believe the guy with AQ on the button let him run over him like that."

Of course, you may sound a little strange to your roommate or spouse, but I find that pretending that I'm talking to someone about my game keeps my game stuck in my head and helps me focus.

Apparently there are some poker studs out there that are 4-6 tabling 6max 10/20 and higher. Well, most of us probably aren't there yet in terms of focus/clarity, player reading, and just skill overall.

Cut down your tables and play your best THINKING poker.

RunDownHouse 12-20-2005 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If there are a high volume of posts of people running bad, it's probably because people post more when they are doing poorly and trying to "fix" whatever is wrong with them.

[/ QUOTE ]
These types of posts exploded after the split.