Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   *Official Let's Go TEXANS, JETS, and 49ers !!!! thread* (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=391142)

MEbenhoe 12-04-2005 02:42 PM

*Official Let\'s Go TEXANS, JETS, and 49ers !!!! thread*

Lets get some big wins today. Packer fans want Reggie Bush.

MEbenhoe 12-04-2005 02:44 PM

Re: *Official Let\'s Go TEXANS, JETS, and 49ers !!!! thread*

Texans up 3-0 early!!!!!

does baltimore have enough offense to come back from that big of a hole?

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

MEbenhoe 12-04-2005 03:00 PM

OMFG Baltimore scored a TD?!?!? WTF?!?! COMEBACK HOUSTON!!

MEbenhoe 12-04-2005 03:30 PM

Houston kicks a FG only down by a point going to halftime, 7-6

UncleRemus 12-04-2005 03:35 PM

Considering Domanick Davis is my centerpiece in a PPR dynasty league, I'll second the go Houston sentiment. Texans need D'Brickashaw, and taking Reggie over him would be Bush league.

istewart 12-04-2005 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
*Official Let's Go 1927 Yankees, 1998 Bulls, 2005 Colts, and 1976 Canadiens !!!! thread*

[/ QUOTE ]

FYT

MEbenhoe 12-04-2005 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
*Official Let's Go 1927 Yankees, 1998 Bulls, 2005 Colts, and 1976 Canadiens !!!! thread*

[/ QUOTE ]

FYT

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

uw_madtown 12-04-2005 04:20 PM

Why in the hell would GB take Bush? They have far more pressing needs than at RB.

Joe_d72 12-04-2005 04:25 PM

I heard Colin C say on ESPN that no matter who has the number one Pick they should take Reggie Bush beacuse he is a differnce maker and you take him and figure out the Rest. I believe this as well no matter who is picking number one they will take Reggie Bush.

Jorge10 12-04-2005 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why in the hell would GB take Bush? They have far more pressing needs than at RB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly they got an ok back, the Packers and Texans should trade the top picks they get for a lot of other lower picks because they have too many holes, one good player wont do much.

MEbenhoe 12-04-2005 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. bush is ridiculous
2. bush can play anywhere not just running back
3. bush has the capability to be the type of player in the nfl that forces an opposing team to adjust their entire gameplan just to account for him.
4. the packers "more pressing needs" aren't anything that can be solved by a high draft pick.
5. Bush would be very fun to watch in a Packers uniform

Jack of Arcades 12-04-2005 04:34 PM

Jorge,

Green Bay has an OK back? Ahman? He's 29, and he's reached 300 carries only twice in his career. He wasn't any good this year, either, and he's not great in pass receiving. He's a below average back.

I normally agree that teams should trade down, but when you have someone as much of an impact maker as Reggie Bush, I don't think you can really make that decision.

MEbenhoe 12-04-2005 04:40 PM

Texans up 9-7 in 4th qtr [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

MEbenhoe 12-04-2005 04:49 PM

wow baltimore is awful, that might end up being a win for the packers too.

MEbenhoe 12-04-2005 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow baltimore is awful, that might end up being a win for the packers too.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait, i was just reminded of how awful the packers are too.

MEbenhoe 12-04-2005 04:58 PM

stupid [censored] david carr

uw_madtown 12-04-2005 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jorge,

Green Bay has an OK back? Ahman? He's 29, and he's reached 300 carries only twice in his career. He wasn't any good this year, either, and he's not great in pass receiving. He's a below average back.

I normally agree that teams should trade down, but when you have someone as much of an impact maker as Reggie Bush, I don't think you can really make that decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about Gado? Assuming he keeps up his performance through the rest of the season, I would classify him as an OK back. Dude's got 75 yds and a TD against Chicago at Chicago. Given GB's o-line, that's not too shabby.

I still maintain it'd be silly for the Packers to take Bush, although not nearly as silly as the Texans taking him. Both teams would be much better off trading down to get more picks or a couple of veteran players from some team desperate for a RB.

I'm kind of surprised at the reaction here. Didn't I see about 20 people saying in here the other day that football is the most team-oriented sport? Of course, I have a hard time buying into the Bush hype as it applies to the NFL. It's not exactly uncommon for a dominating college player to struggle in the pros. But even if he is every bit as good as everyone thinks he will be in the NFL, he's not going to be effective nor will he win games unless those other needs are addressed.

In closing, while I think the Packers would be better served by trading the pick to improve their other holes, it would make a fair amount of sense to take Bush if Gado bombs, and if they're able to address said holes through free agency and their other draft picks.

But the Texans taking Bush -- that would be a [censored] ridiculous pick.

MEbenhoe 12-04-2005 05:12 PM

Texans with a chance here, down 12-13, ball on baltimore 29 with 2:42 left

MEbenhoe 12-04-2005 05:12 PM

also, wow domanick davis is good

MEbenhoe 12-04-2005 05:18 PM

15-13!!!! i [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Kris Brown

uw_madtown 12-04-2005 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also, wow domanick davis is good

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. I traded Dillon and a #1 rookie pick (dynasty league, so drafts are rookies only) for Davis, Darrell Jackson and Todd Heap. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Domanick Davis.

MEbenhoe 12-04-2005 05:26 PM

I'm crushed and I'm now officially convinced Houston is throwing games. There's no other explanation to how any team can allow that piece of [censored] QB Boller to make a drive like that on them.

TwoNiner 12-04-2005 07:56 PM

We are unfreaking stoppable! Bob Mcnair had to have called down to the sidelines and call for the all out blitz leaving the Raven's receiver with pure green in front of him streaking across the field.

Dammit, Fourty niners gave up the lead and Alex Smith threw another pick in Cardinals territory. I'm really afraid there is no way we can figure out a way to lose to the 49ers. Someone break down opponents record for the tiebreakers. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

MEbenhoe 12-04-2005 08:12 PM

0-3 on the day, ugh, i really thought one of em could pull it out today.

pokerdirty 12-04-2005 09:45 PM

i only read the title of this thread.

MEbenhoe, I know you are a front runner and deny it profusely, but don't you think this is taking it a little far? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

MEbenhoe 12-11-2005 04:34 PM

Jets up 19-3 in 4th quarter
Houston in another close one 10-10 in the 4th

MEbenhoe 12-11-2005 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jets up 19-3 in 4th quarter

[/ QUOTE ]

19-10 at the 2 minute warning, looks like the Jets are going in for another score. Congrats on your third win NYJ!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

MEbenhoe 12-11-2005 05:05 PM

Jets win 26-10 !!!!!

MEbenhoe 12-11-2005 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Houston in another close one 10-10 in the 4th

[/ QUOTE ]

and for the 3rd straight week Houston gives away a game they should have won right at the end. This is ridiculous the way this team is blowing games.

Also, the Pacman Jones punt return for a TD... anyone who saw this live or a replay of it, how was there not a block in the back called on that return as you can clearly see one of the Titans just knock a guy over from behind. RIDICULOUS!!!

Houston still has Arizona and San Francisco on their schedule though, so they've got a chance.

grabdemankles 12-11-2005 06:44 PM

Actually Green, Davenport, and Fisher are UFA after this year.
As well as Flanagan, Longwell, Jackson, and Kampman.

MarkL444 12-11-2005 07:50 PM

i think the 9ers are going to lose

MEbenhoe 12-11-2005 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think the 9ers are going to lose

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats ok, still very winable games against St. Louis and Houston, plus I'm not 100% sure if this is right, but I believe if the Packers and 9ers would end up tied for the worst record the Packers would get the #1 pick.

Aceshigh7 12-11-2005 10:27 PM

Damn, why can't the Texans just let themselves get blown out? All these close games are making me nervous. I know they want to make it look convincing but come on. One of these days they are going to screw up and come away with a win. Then, no Reggie Bush for us.

MEbenhoe 12-11-2005 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Damn, why can't the Texans just let themselves get blown out? All these close games are making me nervous. I know they want to make it look convincing but come on. One of these days they are going to screw up and come away with a win. Then, no Reggie Bush for us.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry to ruin it for you, but I don't see anyway the Texans have Reggie Bush on their team next year, even if they get the #1 pick

Aceshigh7 12-11-2005 10:39 PM

You're right. Our management is just stupid enough to trade the pick away for a bunch of scrubs.

UncleRemus 12-11-2005 11:59 PM

Wait, even with Domanic Davis and one of the worst offensive lines of all time, you'd still grab Reggie over D'Brickashaw? If they do get first overall, I hope they trade down for "scrubs", provided you're considering Ferguson a "scrub".

Aceshigh7 12-12-2005 12:17 AM

Domanick Davis is a great back. But if you have the number one pick, you have got to pick Bush, in my opinion. He's the best overall player. Bush isn't an every down back at USC anyways. I think there will plenty of opportunity for both Bush & Davis in the backfield. If Bush shows promise and the halfback tandem doesn't work out, Davis could bring some nice o-line help via trade.

MEbenhoe 12-12-2005 12:52 AM

whoops, guess I forgot to cheer for the lions....

bottomset 12-12-2005 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bush isn't an every down back at USC anyways

[/ QUOTE ]

he easily can be in the NFL, there is just too much talent at USC and they run the score up superfast as well

I think getting D'Brickshaw should be their goal, but low is he going to be available, he should go very fast, dominant LTs always do

jakethebake 12-12-2005 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Domanick Davis is a great back.

[/ QUOTE ]

You throw the word "great" around pretty loosely methinks. He's an average back. He's definitely not a franchise back to build a team around. They way overpaid for him.