Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Stats for Fun - 10k hands @ 4 tables. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=404390)

12-24-2005 12:29 AM

Stats for Fun - 10k hands @ 4 tables.

I think I am way too tight, dunno how to open up. Do these stats mean I should be winning, are they any good?

Am I over-aggro?

Rip them apart though :

http://x12.putfile.com/12/35622260158.jpg

http://x12.putfile.com/12/35622261725.jpg

http://x12.putfile.com/12/35622263314.jpg

JackThree 12-24-2005 12:38 AM

Re: Stats for Fun - 10k hands @ 4 tables.

you are not too tight, your aggression factor is kind of crazy

12-24-2005 12:40 AM

need to get that VP$IP up to 28!

I like to be aggro, what can I say.

I notice my c/r is low, but I am usually the aggressor so I don't see much need to try c/r after raising [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]. I think I need to understand when to use c/r.

Aggression is everything in poker! Pure inbred aggression baby.

True

RunDownHouse 12-24-2005 12:45 AM

Any increase in VPIP will likely come from blind defense and stealing, and your steal isn't way low at 33, so I'd look at blind play.

mxer7734 12-24-2005 12:47 AM

Just about everything looks good, you should be a solid winning player, correct? Is this short handed or full ring? If its short handed you could use a little more hands say open up to about 23/18 but if its full ring which is what the stats imply but this is a short handed forum the stats are good. Although maybe a tad on the over aggressive side on the flop and turn levels.

12-24-2005 12:47 AM

So play more from the blinds?

True

JackThree 12-24-2005 12:58 AM

i think the only problem with your stats is your aggression. ._.

12-24-2005 01:01 AM

Hi True-

You should really be calling a bit more and raising a bit less. Flop aggression above 4 is craziness, and it's even worse to see it above 4 on the turn. Your blind defense looks OK, but you could probably defend the big blind a bit more? Out of curiosity, what's your loss rate from the BB and the SB? You might want to raise more from the SB, too (and I'm not talking about your l/rr with 63s [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ).

I admire your WTSD though, I'm a dummyhead and trying to pull mine above the abysmal rate of 30.25%

RunDownHouse 12-24-2005 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So play more from the blinds?

True

[/ QUOTE ]
I play a bit more out of the big blind than you do. That may be appropriate if the general 1/2 player is more passive, only raising with bigger hands than the avg 5/10 player typically does.

But if you're looking to up your VPIP, don't start doing crazy stuff like trying to open more hands UTG. Steal a little bit more and defend a little more. Just lowering your standards a little bit will pull your VPIP up a couple points and also stretch your game, hopefully getting you to think more and improving your game in general.

FWIW, I'm on the tight side of this forum, usually running around 24/17.

ArturiusX 12-24-2005 01:16 AM

Waaaay overagro.

kidcolin 12-24-2005 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
need to get that VP$IP up to 28!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

DCWildcat 12-24-2005 01:20 AM

You are too tight. You can win at 21, but you're missing a ton of profitable situations.

That probably accounts for some, but not all, of the aggro. Calm down on the turn a lot esp.

MattC 12-24-2005 01:29 AM

isnt his fold to river bet way too high? like WAYYYY TO HIIIGHH either your calling too many turns or folding way too many winners at the river. supposed to be like 37 or something but its in the 50's!

and yeh your fold bb to steal is sorta high, thats where you can loosen up some considerably, i think a lot of players are in the 45% range?

kidcolin 12-24-2005 01:29 AM

I think people really overvalue the high 28-30 VPIP. Guys who maximize with this style are killer postflop.

As it's been mentioned before, some of the greats in the 5/10 game (schneids, nate, ulysses, etc) rocked it hard playing 21 or 22/17. I play about 25/18, but filetered for 6 players it's 22/16.

I guess I'd like to see more insight as to why people strive for a higher VPIP, rather than just "I want to be a 30/20 guy".

RunDownHouse 12-24-2005 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think people really overvalue the high 28-30 VPIP.

[/ QUOTE ]
I completely agree. Furthermore, those that can be most profitable at that high of a VPIP aren't the ones posting "How Do I Increase My VPIP?" posts.

12-24-2005 05:33 AM

Thanks guys for all the input. I am a solid winning player yes, but didn't want to make any stats reviewing results orientated.

I play at Prima and not Party which may change your thoughts on the aggression but then again it may not. I don't really know how to change my aggression but what I can do for you guys is to video a session and maybe you can tell me what is wrong.

True

TomBrooks 12-24-2005 05:53 AM

Yes, do a video.

What times of day do you like for Prima? I find the 1/2 6m there is somewhat tougher than Party.

12-24-2005 05:59 AM

It is tougher than party, I play during the day in the UK. Average VP$IP 25-30, average pfr 10-15. average pot 10.

I think there aren't many fish in the day, but I will play till 5am sometimes so I don't really have too many problems hitting soft games later on.

I get 50% Rakeback so I think this is ok. I also like learning to play by playing better people although 1/2 is still not that great.

EDIT : On the good side, me and mackthefork busted up one table for 100+ in an hour. Here is an interesting hand I played with him :

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...e=0#Post4271620

True

hemstock 12-24-2005 06:12 AM

My stats kinda look the same to yours. You do fold to a river bet a bit too much. (mine is 52% [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]). My vpip is ~21 as well but I feel comfortable with whatever I am playing preflop right now. I have to find more profitable situations to raise in, like Q9s after a limper or 2 or something. Your aggression factor is waay to high though.

12-24-2005 06:13 AM

How can I be less aggressive? Therapy? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

True

TomBrooks 12-24-2005 06:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
isnt his fold to river bet way too high? either your calling too many turns or folding way too many winners at the river. supposed to be like 37 or something but its in the 50's!

[/ QUOTE ]
I want to get my Folded to River Bet down also. It is 51%. Can I use any of the other stats to try to narrow down the problem? Like am I going to the River too much in the first place etc. If so, which stats would those be and what kind of number ranges would I be looking for?

jba 12-24-2005 06:52 AM

all of these stats are so interconnected

let me tell you a story about an overly agressive little tag hero that never smooth calls, he just bets and bets and raises and raises some more. the villain who weathers this storm and has the balls to bet the river probably has hero SMOKED most of the time, and hero is probably right to be folding a lot

hemstock 12-24-2005 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
isnt his fold to river bet way too high? either your calling too many turns or folding way too many winners at the river. supposed to be like 37 or something but its in the 50's!

[/ QUOTE ]
I want to get my Folded to River Bet down also. It is 51%. Can I use any of the other stats to try to narrow down the problem? Like am I going to the River too much in the first place etc. If so, which stats would those be and what kind of number ranges would I be looking for?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this occurs mostly in these type of hands.
You raise AJ and a loose and passive moron calls you. Flop misses you, he checks, you bet, he doesnt fold. Turn is a brick and you check behind the moron because he folds to a turn bet like 1 out of 20 times. River is another brick and you get the donk bet. I fold these kind of situations way too often. Ít's not like we are folding top pairs or when we have a hand. It's when we don't have a hand that we fold the best hand. I'd guess in order to bring that number down, we have to call down more with showdown value hands like K9+ mostly when it's HU.

MattC 12-24-2005 07:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, I'm having the same problem and it's been a pain for me to figure out how to lower it mainly because I don't see how I can. However, I have found some ways to figure out the problem. A good way to try to determine where your mistakes are is to take a details page of a very strong winning player and compare the flop/turn/river -> check/bet/raise/fold %'s for each street. Through these stats you can, for example, see if maybe your calling to many turns. What this could mean is perhaps you're not raising the turn enough to try to get a free showdown. etc.

Tell me if you figure it out.

ArturiusX 12-24-2005 07:25 AM

Higher VPIP isnt too great because of the rake, I think it maxes out at about 25/18.

TomBrooks 12-24-2005 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I notice my c/r is low, I think I need to understand when to use c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your check/raise at 1.35 is in the right ballpark. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Mine is about the same at 1.32%.

There is some difference in where I checkraise compared to you though.

I c/r more on the flop (66% to your 59%), less on the turn (30% to your 34%), and more on the river (8% to your 4%). I don't know how thats supposed to break down, but I've been making an effort to increase my c/rs lately and I've been focusing on doing it on the flop mostly. When you c/r the flop, you don't usually get to do it again on the turn. I'm not sure where my river c/rs are coming from. Maybe if I don't c/r the turn as much I get more chances to do it on the river.

krishanleong 12-24-2005 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How can I be less aggressive? Therapy? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

True

[/ QUOTE ]

Go get a coach.

Krishan