Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Its official, PV is now for sale (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=244544)

TobDog 05-02-2005 11:41 PM

Its official, PV is now for sale

I was just over at the PV website and saw they are selling version 1.0 for $50. You can use a demo with no time limit for one open table.

tobdog

Yobz 05-02-2005 11:44 PM

Re: Its official, PV is now for sale

I think $50 is overpriced...PT is far more advanced and useful and costs the same

iluzion 05-02-2005 11:45 PM

Gah, wtf. I loved PV but seriously, its not worth $50 when GT+ is free. I'd gladly throw $25 there way, but not $50.

ZimbuTheMonkey 05-02-2005 11:48 PM

I'm not surprised that they're making us pay now, I knew those server checks weren't for no reason, but 50$ is really too much on a program that relies on another program to function... it's like a plugin... that costs 90% of the original app's price...

moondogg 05-02-2005 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gah, wtf. I loved PV but seriously, its not worth $50 when GT+ is free. I'd gladly throw $25 there way, but not $50.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wipe my ass with $50, blah blah blah chili. But I ain't spending $50 on PV. It's nice and all, but not expensive-steak-dinner nice.

ZimbuTheMonkey 05-02-2005 11:51 PM

Oh, and by the way, not only is it limited to only one table, it is also a crippled trial:

"The trial version is limited number of stats (VPIP and PFR) at one table. To activate go to Help > About."

Yobz 05-02-2005 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and by the way, not only is it limited to only one table, it is also a crippled trial:

"The trial version is limited number of stats (VPIP and PFR) at one table. To activate go to Help > About."

[/ QUOTE ]

Time to switch to GT+ [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ZimbuTheMonkey 05-02-2005 11:55 PM

Time to learn how to use GT+ first... ugh... it gave me a headache last time...

ilikeaces 05-02-2005 11:56 PM

lol like anyones gonna pay 50 bucks for this.

iluzion 05-02-2005 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol like anyones gonna pay 50 bucks for this.

[/ QUOTE ]

ZimbuTheMonkey 05-02-2005 11:59 PM

For a plugin of Pokertracker which costs 55 bucks, it should be a MAX of 15$. I mean, c'mon, all it does is takes the stats that pokertracker collects and processes with thousands and thousands of hands and just displays them on the tables...

wbrumfiel 05-02-2005 11:59 PM

I could never get PV to work, guess now I have a reason not to try. Seriously though, $20-$25 I MIGHT have paid but $50, no way. Especially if I can get basically the same thing for free.

iluzion 05-03-2005 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope you will see that
PlayerView really is worth the price and change your mind, however I am
not going to budge on this issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

I emailed them trying to say its outrageous to charge 90% of the price for an ad-on and thats part of what I got in return.

brazilio 05-03-2005 12:05 AM

1. Use .NET
2. ...
3. Profit

THE LINK HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED

SlyGuy 05-03-2005 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Use .NET
2. ...
3. Profit

THE LINK HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this look like slashdot to you?

goodguy_1 05-03-2005 12:13 AM

The reality is that Pat has underpriced PokerTracker for a long time.PokerTracker should cost at least $100 for all that it does.$50 for PV ..I will pay it without a qualm.Is $50 a little pricey for what it does..no way!PV is a great tool as long as it's still allowed.

The problem is u guys are using PT as a reference on cost.PT should cost $150-200 and PV's $50 would be inline with that.PV also kicks ass on GT imo so comparing the 2 doesnt cut it.I use GT on rooms where PV wont work.I woulnt be surprised to see PT priced higher sometime soon as well.

xLukex 05-03-2005 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The reality is that Pat has underpriced PokerTracker for a long time.PokerTracker should cost at least $100 for all that it does.$50 for PV ..I will pay it without a qualm.Is $50 a little pricey for what it does..no way!PV is a great tool as long as it's still allowed.

The problem is u guys are using PT as a reference on cost.PT should cost $150-200 and PV's $50 would be inline with that.PV also kicks ass on GT imo so comparing the 2 doesnt cut it.I use GT on rooms where PV wont work.I woulnt be surprised to see PT priced higher sometime soon as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you consider Playerview better than GameTime? I've only used Gametime, but it seems pretty standard.

I also have Pokeroffice, so I sometimes use that for it's live features.

SackUp 05-03-2005 12:22 AM

Ya $50 sounds a bit steep to me. I think $25 at the very most. For $50 I'm going to switch over to Pokeroffice which gives you all the same live stats and it gives you pot odds and hand details as well. More bang for your buck if you ask me. Too bad as I really liked PV. Not a very smart move economically if you ask me. He could had made a killing at 15-25 a pop.

brazilio 05-03-2005 12:42 AM

Well, I'd tell you what it looks like, but playerview locked up and I don't have stats on you.

Yobz 05-03-2005 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Email I got from party when I asked them about pokeroffice:

[ QUOTE ]

PokerOffice not recommended [#2803605]

support@partypoker.com to me

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for contacting us.

This is to inform you that we at PartyPoker do not allow our players to use the third party software on our tables. Please understand that the usage of such software is not recommended. External software applications are often not accredited from a software security point of view.

We value your association with us and we hope that you keep having a great time at our tables.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Department at any time. We are here 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Rupa
Poker Customer Care

--Original Message--
Date: 2005-04-23 22:03
To: support@partypoker.com
Subject: Question about software[#2803605]

Hi,

I recently visited pokeroffice.com and was looking at the software. I
was wondering whether you allow this software to be used?

Thanks,
Kevin

[/ QUOTE ]

iluzion 05-03-2005 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Email I got from party when I asked them about pokeroffice:

[/ QUOTE ]

So basically from what that Email says, PV wouldn't be allowed either? Wander what happens if we spent $50 on PV then party cracks down on it in a couple months and it can no longer be used..

Michael Davis 05-03-2005 12:51 AM

I don't use PV because I am extremely arrogant and think I can 35-table without it. However, from what I've seen, the program is easily worth $50. And I agree that Pat has underpriced Pokertracker, even though there are lots of things I would like to see improved there.

-Michael

Cartridge 05-03-2005 12:54 AM

why is PV worth $50 when GT+ is free and does the same thing?

[ QUOTE ]
I don't use PV because I am extremely arrogant and think I can 35-table without it. However, from what I've seen, the program is easily worth $50. And I agree that Pat has underpriced Pokertracker, even though there are lots of things I would like to see improved there.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

jasonHoldEm 05-03-2005 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wander what happens if we spent $50 on PV then party cracks down on it in a couple months and it can no longer be used..

[/ QUOTE ]

You get a couple months use of +EV software?

The only thing party is concerned about is AI software, but the reps don't know the difference. The chances of party going after PV and GT+ are close to nil, the chances of them going after PokerTracker are less than nil. I'm not sure exactly what poker office is, but assuming it has the same functionality as poker tracker they are also safe.

J

didymus 05-03-2005 02:43 AM

Overpriced. 25 would be reasonable

IggyWH 05-03-2005 02:56 AM

I personally would have no problem throwing them some money since I use PV and personally like it a lot more than GT+. It's a loyalty thing... one might not be better than the other, but I first used PV and for that reason I frown on GT+.

Let's be honest here though... while I love PV, it seems like the thing always has flaws. I ignored these flaws which I could have a long post describing all the issues I've had with PV.

For $50 though, I cannot ignore those flaws anymore. Sorry Amir, you just lost a fanboy.

rerazor 05-03-2005 03:19 AM

Playerview has a lot of bugs, but for mulitabling it's FAR superior to gametime. You don't have to waste time setting up playerview, and you don't have those irritating nametags taking up a lot of vieiwing space. Also, it's much easier (possible?) to choose what stats you want to see.

InternetPokerPro 05-03-2005 03:44 AM

Sometimes I read a post and am frankly confused.

It looks to me like many have not seen the version of PlayerView that is for sale. There really isn’t any comparison to it and the version most people I would assume are still playing on. There are even vast differences between it and the most recent beta versions that were made available.

The two most salient points in this entire thread are:

Poker Tracker is way underpriced.

PlayerView is also way underpriced.

Because I am an accountant by background, I always look at things analytically. So for the sake of argument, lets assume that I am a $3/$6 player that plays 1000 hands a week. Lets further assume that both PlayerView and GameTime help my results. But that added features in PV that are not in GameTime allow me to make 1 better decision per 100 games that earns me $1 each time. Based on this . . . PlayerView is worth $520 a year to me.

Based on the limits that I play and the # of hands, the above analysis is more like $25,000 a year to me.

You can argue the numbers with me all day. But you won’t prove that there is less than $50 of value in PlayerView or that the added features in PlayerView over GameTime are not relevant.

Freudian 05-03-2005 04:00 AM

I think it is smart to start charging now, especially since GT+ doesn't support SnGs yet. Might get quite a few purchases out of that.

climber 05-03-2005 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It looks to me like many have not seen the version of PlayerView that is for sale. There really isn’t any comparison to it and the version most people I would assume are still playing on. There are even vast differences between it and the most recent beta versions that were made available.

[/ QUOTE ]

Such as...? I'm using 3.62 that came out like 10 or so days ago. How much better could it have gotten in that time?

As it currently works on my machine I'd pay about $20 for it.

I would of said $25 had it not repeatedly crashed all my party ckin lcients like 3 times this week.

I think I'll be checking out GT+ again

Benholio 05-03-2005 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it is smart to start charging now, especially since GT+ doesn't support SnGs yet. Might get quite a few purchases out of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

SnGs are my game, and after a while I realized that PV wasn't really helping a whole lot anyway. All you really need to know is who the decent or tight players are, and you can just tag those with notes.

Sykes 05-03-2005 04:50 AM

To all people who think pokertracker should cost $100-200, I laugh. No new player (IE a .5/1 and 1/2 player) would buy it if it cost $100-200. I think Pat found a great equilibrium price at $55 (Although, I think the maximum equilibrium would go for $75)

And to all those that say that playerview is worth $50, I also laugh because playerview is worthless without tracker. Playerview should at MAX cost $25. It is a shame that the inventor will not budge on the price issue because he is losing a lot of buyers.

stigmata 05-03-2005 04:58 AM

You can get a free copy by signing up for a new poker account at one of the Party Skins you havent hit yet.

http://www.playerview.net/purchase.php

BlueBear 05-03-2005 05:19 AM

The PV staff has got to be joking. The most recent testing version that I used has severe re-draw in my computer and graphical issues in the 6-max tables - with the numbers overlapping each other, numbers are in the wrong positions and numbers not correctly refreshing.

As an original donor and supporter to the original project, I feel this is way way overpriced IMO. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

rivered 05-03-2005 05:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You can get a free copy by signing up for a new poker account at one of the Party Skins you havent hit yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

So instead of $50 I'm going to give a few thousand in rake back?

ricochet420 05-03-2005 05:22 AM

Please elaborate.

[ QUOTE ]

You can argue the numbers with me all day. But you won’t prove that there is less than $50 of value in PlayerView or that the added features in PlayerView over GameTime are not relevant.

[/ QUOTE ]

stigmata 05-03-2005 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So instead of $50 I'm going to give a few thousand in rake back?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, just sign up & don't play there.....

Orpheus 05-03-2005 06:28 AM

More to the point, you only need one Party rakeback site. If play other skins for bonus (or whatever rocks your boat), but you'll collect little if any cashback on most of them while you're working off a bonus.

Since all the Party skins play the same tables, you only need one (or two, if you 8-table) for use when you're not working off a bonus. Pick the one where you get the best rakeback plan. (FWIW, many affiliates will top your best offer to date, as long as it leaves them even 1% from what they collect from the skin: 1% from a new client is better than 0% for a potential client who went elsewhere.)

Having more rakeback skins than you can use simultaneously doesn't gain you anything, and if you don't like your decision, you can always cancel your account and sign up later without that affiliate.

I don't think that rakeback will persist "forever" on (e.g.) the Party Network. The "absorbed"PokerNOW cancelled all affiliate contracts, as a lot of 2+2'er Party affilates will be happy to confirm. Don't get me wrong: other skins may stick with rakeback for years longer, but you only need to "sacrifice" one to get PV, and you'll probably be able to cancel even that.

This affiliate option only really concerns single-tabling, low hour, low stakes players (like me). If you play more table-hours or higher stakes, and find PV useful, keep your rakeback and buy it cash. It'll pay for itself in 1-2 pots that you might not have otherwise won. I happen to like PV, but if it doesn't help *you* scoop one single extra pot in an entire week, *you* probably don't want it anyway.

krishanleong 05-03-2005 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The PV staff has got to be joking. The most recent testing version that I used has severe re-draw in my computer and graphical issues in the 6-max tables - with the numbers overlapping each other, numbers are in the wrong positions and numbers not correctly refreshing.

As an original donor and supporter to the original project, I feel this is way way overpriced IMO. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was all fixed a while ago.

Krishan

lorinda 05-03-2005 07:41 AM

This was all fixed a while ago.

Krishan

Any chance you could change your location? We lost signatures because of people like you.

Lori