Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Russian brides? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=316854)

joecash 08-17-2005 12:49 AM

Russian brides?

I'm curious about these women at this site. They seem to be connected to the Atlanta Chambr of Commerce. Some cute chicks.

Anyone have experience with anything like this? I guess they are looking for American husbands. Would they just come over to the US and hang out for a while? I'm just curious.

http://www.russianladies.com/

tworooks 08-17-2005 01:18 AM

Re: Russian brides?

http://us2kdex.free.fr/us011.jpg

FatalError 08-17-2005 01:27 AM

I was hoping this thread would have potential

joecash 08-17-2005 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was hoping this thread would have potential

[/ QUOTE ]

I keep hearing stories about guys going to Russia to bring back these women. I figured someone would have some feedback. For one thing, the language would be an issue.

Blarg 08-17-2005 01:44 AM

If not having to really know you or like you to screw or marry you wouldn't be an issue, I'm sure language wouldn't be either.

Tablerat 08-17-2005 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bud Light Presents Real Men of Genius.
(Real Men of Genius!)
Today we salute you Mr. Mail Order Bride Orderer.
(Mr. Mail Order Bride Orderer!)
Some men flip through a catalog looking for furniture, you flip through a catalog looking for someone to CLEAN the furniture.
(I don't do windows!)
Nothing says, "I will love you forever" like a quick swipe of a credit card at the altar.
(What's your payment plan?)
Women wait their whole lives for a man to say, "I do". In your case, "I do ... agree to pay the sum of 3000 American dollars."
(Let's talk annulment!)
So crack open an ice cold Bud Light O' Catalog Casanova. Your spouse may be full price, but you'll always be our better half.
(Mr. Mail Order Bride Orderer!)

[/ QUOTE ]

joecash 08-17-2005 01:53 AM

that's what I mean - its so popular that there is even a bud commercial about it. I dont think with these women there is a fee to pay, you just have to help get them over here.

I don't know , is Russia such a hellhole they want to get out this bad?

ChipWrecked 08-17-2005 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know , is Russia such a hellhole they want to get out this bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never heard anything to the contrary. And I have a couple of Russian friends.

DarkForceRising 08-17-2005 02:08 AM

I have quite a few Russian and Ukrainian friends and they are great people.

Anyway, one couple I know was aquainted with this total babe (Lilia) who was courted and married by an American guy. We were all hanging out one day (her husband was working) and the attraction between us was just ridiculous. I speak a reasonable amount of Russian therefore making things all that much more fun (they like our accents, too).

Ultimately, she stayed faithful to the husband whom , frankly, I do not believe she truly loved. I was disappointed but happy for the dork she married as this said a lot about her character.

I would imagine the hotter the chick the more problems you are going to have (the aforementioned girl being a major exception). The former Soviet Union is becoming less third world all the time. There are plenty of guys over there with money, nowadays, so the US is becoming less appealling to them all the time.

I know of another guy (cab driver) who married this super hot cop chick from Moscow. I believe she has divorced him by now. From what I knew about the situation she was not too happy with the conditions he provided her with. Moscow, Kiev, St.Petersburg etc... are big, sophisticated cities. These women often have a warped view of what the United States is really like and wind up being pretty disappointed with life in Des Moines.

In conclusion, if somebody was seriously considering this, I would recommend finding a girl from a small, poor town. However, my primary suggestion would be to not mess with it.

The immigration process is brutal and you have no idea what they are REALLY all about. Are they just using you to get their papers so that, eventually, they can bring their mafia boyfriend over to clean you out?

ChipWrecked 08-17-2005 02:33 AM

Careful out there, bros:

Man Stabs Ukrainian Bride

"........Defense lawyer Riley claims Barney killed his wife in self-defense.

He says his client had stopped by the day-care center to deliver a bag of clothes to Alla Barney.

When she saw him approaching her car, she pulled out a knife, Riley said. They struggled over the weapon, fell into the car, and the knife penetrated Alla Barney's neck, he claims.

Barney panicked and was making plans to see a lawyer before turning himself in when police located his Mercedes, Riley said.

"It was a desperate thing to do," Riley said of Barney's suicide threat.

Moreover, the day-care center attack was not the first time Alla Barney assaulted the defendant, Riley said.

In the years leading up to the murder, Barney filed multiple assault complaints against his wife. Riley plans to call several witnesses who will testify they saw Alla Barney threaten her husband with a screwdriver."

The trial will be shown on Court TV Extra.

zephed 08-17-2005 07:58 AM

The rx8 trick not workin huh?

jakethebake 08-17-2005 08:22 AM

WTF???

http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/images...s/needpics.gif

stigmata 08-17-2005 08:23 AM

Yeah, there was this program on UK TV about mail-order Thai wives. My favourite was this damn hot Thai woman who was married off to some fat, bald, stupid yorkshireman.

In the interview she had an evil glint in her eye as she stated "I don't do housework and I'm rubbish in bed". He so didn't get what he bargained for [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

She divorced him soon after, having gained her UK passport

RunDownHouse 08-17-2005 09:18 AM

Did that Indiana guy actually follow through with never posting in OOT again? He's got loads of mail-order bride stories.

ChipWrecked 08-17-2005 09:34 AM

He did not follow through, and was telling somebody to lick his nutsack just a day or two ago.

stretch22 08-17-2005 09:38 AM

There was a documentary about this playing all day yesterday on the Discovery/Times channel. The women basically trade themselves for getting out of the country and having security. It seemed like none of them were looking for love. Practicality takes prescedence.

mslif 08-17-2005 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious about these women at this site. They seem to be connected to the Atlanta Chambr of Commerce. Some cute chicks.

Anyone have experience with anything like this? I guess they are looking for American husbands. Would they just come over to the US and hang out for a while? I'm just curious.

http://www.russianladies.com/

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why you would pay for a Russian bride in the first place when you can find your own pathetic, gold digging whore in america for free!

poker-penguin 08-17-2005 12:53 PM

Because pathetic Russian gold digging whores are hotter.

jakethebake 08-17-2005 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because pathetic Russian gold digging whores are hotter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Girls that grew up in countries that are still in the 1800s in terms of personal hygiene are always hotter. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

BettyBoopAA 08-17-2005 01:58 PM

I've been to the Ukraine(Kiev) on buisness.
While some women are looking to find rich husbands and Visas, many are looking for better life and love. I went to a few nightclubs in Kiev and the ratio was 5-1 women/men. Some women are looking abroad because the men there abuse alcohol and have many girlfriends.

mslif 08-17-2005 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the men abuse alcohol and have many girlfriends.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a typical american guy to me

jakethebake 08-17-2005 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the men abuse alcohol and have many girlfriends.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a typical american guy to me

[/ QUOTE ]

At least they don't abuse the girlfriends and have much alcohol.

Indiana 08-17-2005 02:12 PM

I dont have tons, but i could help if you have a specific question. Ive got friends who've tried this.

Indy

Indiana 08-17-2005 02:15 PM

As I understand it, the problem with Russia is the ratio of women to men. Also, the sterotype is that russian men aint the best husbands. The economy isnt great over there either and the corruption is unreal. Many of these women just want to find a guy who can give them a decent life.....and yes, by the way, russian/E.euro women are much hotter than our chicas here in the usa because they know how to take care of themselves and they've got the genes.

Indy

djoyce003 08-17-2005 02:36 PM

A guy that used to work in my group did a rotation in moscow where he married a russian girl. He brought her back here, the day her citizenship was final she filed divorce papers on him...you got it, the SAME DAY. Quite classic...she used him to get her over here, get her citizenship, and I think she got some fake boobs, then she vanished like a fart in the wind. I'd say you have to be careful at least.

BettyBoopAA 08-17-2005 02:37 PM

no, it's not quite the same. I'm not talking about men drinking watered down beer, But liters of Vodka, chain smoking. Russian man who is 30 looks like 40-45 in USA. Men with wives have several girlfriends. Russian women are well educated and many are just looking for a better life whether in Russia or abroad. Russian women are very well dressed as well and don't have the attitude of American Women.
It was an interesting week in Kiev.

mslif 08-17-2005 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no, it's not quite the same. I'm not talking about men drinking watered down beer, But liters of Vodka, chain smoking. Russian man who is 30 looks like 40-45 in USA. Men with wives have several girlfriends. Russian women are well educated and many are just looking for a better life whether in Russia or abroad. Russian women are very well dressed as well and don't have the attitude of American Women.
It was an interesting week in Kiev.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your statement makes as much sense as saying all american men are fat and lazy and all american women look like Pamela Anderson. You cannot make an opinion on an entire population based on a trip you took once upon a time in Kiev.

08-17-2005 02:46 PM

I live in Southern Brooklyn, which may as well be Kiev, and his remarks about Russians are pretty accurate.

touchfaith 08-17-2005 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I live in Southern Brooklyn, which may as well be Kiev, and his remarks about Russians are pretty accurate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you drive a cab?

mslif 08-17-2005 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here comes the russian expert from Brooklin.... It gets better and better

08-17-2005 03:08 PM

I know you're probably not exposed to a lot of Russians in Denver, but there's a place near where I live in Brooklyn called Little Odessa. In case you don't know the original Odessa is in Russia. and yes there are a lot of off the boat Russians that I see like every day.

touchfaith 08-17-2005 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know you're probably not exposed to a lot of Russians in Denver, but there's a place near where I live in Brooklyn called Little Odessa. In case you don't know the original Odessa is in Russia. and yes there are a lot of off the boat Russians that I see like every day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Odessa is in Ukraine, but no biggy, geography is the least of your problems.

08-17-2005 03:17 PM

I guess you know what my problems are? Why not enlighten me thin man, if that really is your name.

touchfaith 08-17-2005 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess you know what my problems are? Why not enlighten me thin man, if that really is your name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure. I'll give it a shot. You are a narrow minded biggot.

Pretty close huh

mslif 08-17-2005 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am actually from Europe and travelled to many Eastern European countries such as Russia (when it was still USSR), Romania, Tchechoslovakia, yougoslavia, Austria, Hungria...
so I do have an understanding of the Eastern European's mentality and I also remember vividly them loving us just because we were Westerners.
I am not saying the women are not beautiful because some of them are but do not make a statement about an entire population based on little knowledge you have.

touchfaith 08-17-2005 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am actually from Europe and travelled to many Eastern European countries such as Russia (when it was still USSR), Romania, Tchechoslovakia, yougoslavia, Austria, Hungria...
so I do have an understanding of the Eastern European's mentality and I also remember vividly them loving us just because we were Westerners.
I am not saying the women are not beautiful because some of them are but do not make a statement about an entire population based on little knowledge you have.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're sexy when you're bitch slapping people [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

08-17-2005 03:28 PM

What about my post was bigoted? I actually know Russian people, many of them are really cool. The post I was responding to painted a pretty accurate picture of a big problem, namely acoholism and abusive dometic relations. Obviously not all Russian are like that but it is a pervasive problem. And guess what the desperate women that are trying to marry American men, I bet they've had to deal with this problem.

So get your head out of your PC ass and take a look at the real world, junior.

jakethebake 08-17-2005 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In case you don't know the original Odessa is in Russia.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...15aa/owned.jpg

08-17-2005 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In case you don't know the original Odessa is in Russia.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...15aa/owned.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, the joys of internet nerd oneupmanship.

touchfaith 08-17-2005 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about my post was bigoted? I actually know Russian people, many of them are really cool. The post I was responding to painted a pretty accurate picture of a big problem, namely acoholism and abusive dometic relations. Obviously not all Russian are like that but it is a pervasive problem. And guess what the desperate women that are trying to marry American men, I bet they've had to deal with this problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know them all?

[ QUOTE ]
So get your head out of your PC ass and take a look at the real world, junior.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. The real world is scary to me. Does anyone have a junior mint?