Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   JCCC for me (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=299020)

"spaceman"Bryce 07-23-2005 06:32 PM

JCCC for me

yup.

Chairman Wood 07-23-2005 06:34 PM

Re: JCCC for me

welcome back, what is JCCC?

CallMeIshmael 07-23-2005 06:38 PM

This begs the question... in the history of mankind, whose comeback will have more import?

http://huizen.daxis.nl/~henkt/plaatj...ophy-jesus.jpg

"spaceman"Bryce 07-23-2005 06:45 PM

oooo just realized that no one here would know that stands for Johnson County Community College.Anyway i had one of my episodes and instead of taking my finals at Kstate....I decided it would be better to drive to Wichita for no reason(its a two hour drive).After hanging out at wichita for a day, which is a dumpy town, i woke up feeling pretty good , Which means that I came to the realization of how insane it is to skip your finals and drive 150 miles for no reason.I got back for my last final but ultimately that was not enough to save my grades(at least in my other 4 classes).
so im trying to be a normal person now and the best way is doing what im doing i think. Is there a college I can afford on my own YES JCCC.(although barely)

jason_t 07-23-2005 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yup.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best comeback post ever.

ClaytonN 07-23-2005 06:53 PM

oh man.

Klepton 07-23-2005 07:13 PM

you are a god among insects, don't let anyone tell you otherwise

Sponger15SB 07-23-2005 07:17 PM

I once saw a guy in a $55 SNG with the name Spacemanbryc

Best. Name. Ever.

Glad that you're back.

07-23-2005 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This begs the question...

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no idea what this phrase means. Although you are most probably a hit at slumber parties, we find your diction sorely lacking.

Please discontinue the use of tricky phrases and/or big words. You may also wish to rethink metaphors. Analogies are out of the question.

Thank you.

SpearsBritney 07-23-2005 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no idea what this phrase means. Although you are most probably a hit at slumber parties, we find your diction sorely lacking.

Please discontinue the use of tricky phrases and/or big words. You may also wish to rethink metaphors. Analogies are out of the question.

Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

you is not good gimmick account ever!

jason_t 07-23-2005 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice catch Phraseology Nazi. That's one of the most commonly misused terms on this board. However, your gimmick account sucks.

Sponger15SB 07-23-2005 07:22 PM

Your screen name begs the question, what is phraseology?

gr8vertical 07-23-2005 07:24 PM

I understood the JCCC but then again, I live in Lawrence [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Klepton 07-23-2005 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

you have just hijacked this thread, becasue instead of people welcoming spaceman back, they're just gonna talk about how horrible your gimmick account is.

this begs the question - wtf were you thinking?

"spaceman"Bryce 07-23-2005 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I once saw a guy in a $55 SNG with the name Spacemanbryc

Best. Name. Ever.

Glad that you're back.

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't me in the sng by the way.

"spaceman"Bryce 07-23-2005 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

you have just hijacked this thread, becasue instead of people welcoming spaceman back, they're just gonna talk about how horrible your gimmick account is.

this begs the question - wtf were you thinking?

[/ QUOTE ]

dont welcome me back too much.I have a job, im going to school pretty soon, and due to a loophole i am still on my dads health insurance which means that my mom wants me to go to therapy and i am going because I am attracted to my therapist.I normally screw up stuff so i have to try hard to keep all those things going.

jakethebake 07-23-2005 07:43 PM

good to have you back even for a limited engagement, brother. you've been missed.

wacki 07-23-2005 07:44 PM

El Diablo is going to bust a nut when he sees this.

SpearsBritney 07-23-2005 07:45 PM

Welcome back Spaceman. Hope your summer's been good. What sort of work are you doing?

istewart 07-23-2005 07:51 PM

Very nice account.

Welcome back Bryce.

jakethebake 07-23-2005 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
El Diablo is going to bust a nut when he sees this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the exact same thing.

BottlesOf 07-23-2005 07:54 PM

?

I'm not familiar with the OP. Can you or someone give me a few sentences long summary? Or a link if that's easier?

jason_t 07-23-2005 07:56 PM

Re: ?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not familiar with the OP. Can you or someone give me a few sentences long summary? Or a link if that's easier?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just run a search in OOT over the past few months with -Re: in the subject and username "spaceman"Bryce. He's brilliant.

istewart 07-23-2005 07:56 PM

HERE.

jakethebake 07-23-2005 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

try looking back at some of his old threads. it's the best way.

cnfuzzd 07-23-2005 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yup.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice. I live in johnson county. We should get together and ponder our emotional problems over some beer sometime....

peace

john nickle

CallMeIshmael 07-23-2005 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

From Wikipedia ( here)

"More recently, to beg the question has been used as a synonym for "to raise the question", or to indicate that "the question really ought to be addressed". For example, "This year's budget deficit is half a trillion dollars. This begs the question: how are we ever going to balance the budget?" This usage is often sharply criticized by proponents of the traditional meaning, but has nonetheless come into sufficiently widespread use that it is now the most common use of the term."

HAHAHAH

NOW GTFO!!!

CallMeIshmael 07-23-2005 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice catch Phraseology Nazi. That's one of the most commonly misused terms on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jason, you've made mistakes on this board twice now in as many days. Both of which are unlike you. (math and linguistics are normally your strong points). Are you feeling OK?

gr8vertical 07-23-2005 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yup.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice. I live in johnson county. We should get together and ponder our emotional problems over some beer sometime....

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

Lawrence/JC home game possibility??? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

AngryCola 07-23-2005 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After hanging out at wichita for a day, which is a dumpy town

[/ QUOTE ]

I can vouch for this, which makes me wonder why you would choose to drive here of all places.

jason_t 07-23-2005 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

From Wikipedia ( here)

"More recently, to beg the question has been used as a synonym for "to raise the question", or to indicate that "the question really ought to be addressed". For example, "This year's budget deficit is half a trillion dollars. This begs the question: how are we ever going to balance the budget?" This usage is often sharply criticized by proponents of the traditional meaning, but has nonetheless come into sufficiently widespread use that it is now the most common use of the term."

HAHAHAH

NOW GTFO!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Prescriptivism vs. descriptivism.

Edit: I followed the link to the Wikipedia article. The passage you quoted falls under the heading Modern usage controversy and is followed by the sentence "Arguments over whether such usage should be considered incorrect are an example of debate over linguistic prescription and description."

Klepton 07-23-2005 08:32 PM

STOP TRYING TO HIJACK THIS THREAD!!!

THIS IS A GLORIOUS TIME, SPEACEMAN IS BACK!

STOP RUINING IT!!!

spaceman go on about the love of the therapist

SpearsBritney 07-23-2005 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jason_t 07-23-2005 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SpearsBritney 07-23-2005 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stuey 07-23-2005 11:30 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

WB spaceman!

repercussions su[/b]ck

TT_fold 07-24-2005 12:11 AM

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

You should have heard me scream once I saw that Spaceman Bryce had returned! I have never read anything funnier in my life than Ronald Reagan, the legend .

I also see that two prior posts addressed a "SpacemanBryc" playing a $55 SNG. That screen name actually belongs to me.

Welcome back Spaceman!!! Screenshot

kerssens 07-24-2005 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You should have heard me scream once I saw that Spaceman Bryce had returned! I have never read anything funnier in my life than Ronald Reagan, the legend .

I also see that two prior posts addressed a "SpacemanBryc" playing a $55 SNG. That screen name actually belongs to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

That post was awesome.....I can't believe only two people responded to it and Dead was one of them.

jakethebake 07-24-2005 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That post was awesome.....I can't believe only two people responded to it and Dead was one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

kerssens 07-24-2005 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] ??