Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Pissing off the nits. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=338204)

ahnuld 09-16-2005 01:00 PM

Pissing off the nits.

I got lucky when my TT beat AA allin on the flop when I first sit down, so table thinks im a bit of a donk. Loose player raises to 12. I call on button with 35 suited. BB who thinks hes awesome, reraises to 40. Hes pretty tag and predictable. Effective stacks are 600, so I call for 28 more.

Flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. He bets 90 into 100 pot. I called becuae hes shutting dfown on a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or if he has AK or JJ. Turn is a beautiful 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He bets close to full pot, 250. He only has 200 behind so I time down a bit then push. He thinks forever then folds! He says AA but I doubt it given the pot was 1000 with 200 to call.

Villan blasts me for 3 minutes when I get dealt T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and raise to 16. Villan calls (he reloaded to 400)from bb. Flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. He checks, I bet almost pot,28. He calls. Turn is the J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
He checks, I bet 64 into 80 pot. He CR to 200. I push, he calls with QQ. River bricks and hes gunninf for me for the rest of the day, calling me the biggest fish ever and the like. I love nits who tilt.

09-16-2005 01:33 PM

Re: Pissing off the nits.

Did you have a question? Or a conclusion?

Niwa 09-16-2005 02:00 PM

This post had no strategic content whatsoever..

Good read though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ahnuld 09-16-2005 02:16 PM

Sorry, guess I shoulda posted , no strategic content. I forgot, but wtv. I found this funny for some reason and felt like posting it. Althought there is some startegy in the fact that nits tilt and make really bad plays.

The Truth 09-16-2005 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you have a question? Or a conclusion?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the conclusion is clear. Titly nits are funny to me.

09-16-2005 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got lucky when my TT beat AA allin on the flop when I first sit down, so table thinks im a bit of a donk. Loose player raises to 12. I call on button with 35 suited. BB who thinks hes awesome, reraises to 40. Hes pretty tag and predictable. Effective stacks are 600, so I call for 28 more.

Flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. He bets 90 into 100 pot. I called becuae hes shutting dfown on a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or if he has AK or JJ. Turn is a beautiful 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He bets close to full pot, 250. He only has 200 behind so I time down a bit then push. He thinks forever then folds! He says AA but I doubt it given the pot was 1000 with 200 to call.

Villan blasts me for 3 minutes when I get dealt T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and raise to 16. Villan calls (he reloaded to 400)from bb. Flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. He checks, I bet almost pot,28. He calls. Turn is the J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
He checks, I bet 64 into 80 pot. He CR to 200. I push, he calls with QQ. River bricks and hes gunninf for me for the rest of the day, calling me the biggest fish ever and the like. I love nits who tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am the villain in this hand. I will admit that I was tilting and I do want to apologize for my behavior at the table. Having said that, lets get the story straight.

You said you got lucky with TT vs AA. Lets give some details.
You raised to $16 UTG with TT. There was a call and then a reraise to $60. You called (and only had about $250 or so left).
The flop came Jxx. You checked, he bet full pot and you raised all in with zero folding equity. It was obvious he had AA or KK. He had to call about $125 or so with a pot almost $400.
You hit a T and won the hand. Now THAT is a donkish play if Ive ever seen one.

In our 1st hand...A guy raised to $12, you called and then I reraised. I believe it was to $48 not $40. You called and we were heads up.

The flop came Q65. I bet $90 and you called.
The turn was another 5. I bet $250 and you DID NOT push. You minimum raised me to $500. Now, a blind man can see that my hand is no good at this point so I folded.

Thank you for confirming that I made a great fold. You said that I was pretty predictable. Then why dont you believe that I had AA. What other hand would a predictable player have there? I told you that I would bet my life that I was beaten and I was correct. You got very lucky to catch that miracle card in a pot that big, but thats poker. I shouldnt have let it tilt me.

Our 2nd hand
Once again your details are off.
You raised to $16 and I called with QQ.
You didnt bet $28 on the flop. You bet $16 which was less than 1/2 pot. The flop was Axx with 2 hearts. I made a mistake by just calling. I shouldve raised you because i knew you didnt have an ace.
The turn brought a 3rd heart. I couldnt put you on a flush because the ace of hearts was on the board and I had the queen of hearts. You bet $60 or so and I check raised to $200 thinking you couldnt call. You pushed. It was another $150 to me with a $650 or so pot. I was getting 4-1 so I called.

At this point I had no idea what you had but considering your horrendous all in with the TT, it wasnt completley out of the question for me to be ahead. I didnt think i was, but it was possible. If I wasnt, then I thought I had 2 queens and 9 flush cards for outs. I actually had only 8 outs.

You have to admit that you got very lucky on these hands.
the TT hand you hit a 2 outer
The 2nd hand, you hit a 5 outer at the turn
The 3rd hand you hit a 8 outer at the turn or I take it away from you (unless you check behind). I was check raising no matter what hit the turn.

Like i said, I aplogize for my behavior. I was having a bad day unrelated to poker and I do admit that you tilted me, which Im not proud of.

yvesaint 09-16-2005 05:26 PM

3rd hand he has more than 8 outs, unless he puts you squarely on a set or 2-pair. Which, with the flop call, isn't really feasible.

09-16-2005 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3rd hand he has more than 8 outs, unless he puts you squarely on a set or 2-pair. Which, with the flop call, isn't really feasible.

[/ QUOTE ]

The flop was A high with 2 bricks and 2 hearts. Lets call it A83. He had T6 of hearts. Where are his other outs when I have QQ? He didnt have a pair and flush draw. Just the flush draw.

He wouldve thought he had 9 but really had 8 since I had the Qh.

yvesaint 09-16-2005 05:52 PM

Sorry, I was going by what he said, where he had a pair + flush draw.

Really, without some hand histories from either of you, I don't know what to believe.

09-16-2005 06:04 PM

Im not looking at the HH. I guess its possible there was a 6 on the flop. The rest of the details of his that I corrected, Im sure about.

I responded to his post for a couple reasons.
1) He was obviously gloating for no apparent reason and I wanted to show how bad his play in the TT hand was which is what led to this battle.
2) He said I was predictable. What predicable player plays QQ like I did in the last hand? A fool might (yes I admit I misplayed the hand), but not a predictable player.

Now I'll let you go back to your discussions of strategic value and I'll go back to lurking in the shadows.

ahnuld 09-16-2005 06:40 PM

Response

Just read you post pirahnah. BTW I was trying to tilt you at the table with my chat, glad it worked. (sorry for being an ass but poker is war). There are a few mistakes in both our posts.

1st my mistake- I didnt have a pair in the flush hand, I meant to hit the 7. So I did only have the flush draw but you've got to be kidding if you call another big bet on a blank turn. For all you know I do have the ace.

Now your mistakes.

1- not giving the full story with the TT hand. Villan was not a regular in this game and was unknown. Before you sat down, I raised im late position with 88, he reraised me to 50. I called, and folded when I didnt flop a set. Now 2 orbits later, I raise with TT, and the same guy reraises me. On a safe flop, I checkraise him allin. Not a bad play considering he may be doing this preflop reraise with a wide range of hands. This is not donksih by any means and if you think it is, then you get walked over often.

Mistake 2- I do have the hand history and I did bet 28. I never make weak continuation bets. This is just an outright lie.

Mistake 3- You claim I minimum raised you to 500. Dude, this is just stupid. Look at stack sizes. You bet 250 and have 200 behind. What am I supposed to do? Raise you 200 or raise you 200.

Anyways, just want to clarify a few things. I know you're a decent player but the things you said at table where signs of a NIT tilting and I wanted to post it.

Voltron87 09-16-2005 06:44 PM

so youre posting to show us how badly you play 35 sooted?

Voltron87 09-16-2005 06:58 PM

its really a bad case of FPS when your two plans for the hand are "try to bust his overplaying ass with 35s" and "push him off his missed overcards".

you cant have it both ways.

Rococo 09-16-2005 07:10 PM

Re: Response

[ QUOTE ]
Just read you post pirahnah. BTW I was trying to tilt you at the table with my chat, glad it worked. (sorry for being an ass but poker is war).

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never heard this comment (or other similiar assholish comments) uttered by anyone who had an accurate view of his or her poker abilities.

ahnuld 09-16-2005 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
its really a bad case of FPS when your two plans for the hand are "try to bust his overplaying ass with 35s" and "push him off his missed overcards".

[/ QUOTE ]

I was planning on reevaluating on the turn. If a blank comes and he bets again, I fold. If I hit and he bets, I push. If he checks any card, I bet. Im gonna win the majority of the time becuase he will have air (as I believe he did have) enough. Oh, and this also gets me paid off when I have a set.

The reason I think he has air is becuase AA should not fold for that extra 200.

ahnuld 09-16-2005 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just read you post pirahnah. BTW I was trying to tilt you at the table with my chat, glad it worked. (sorry for being an ass but poker is war).

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never heard this comment (or other similiar assholish comments) uttered by anyone who had an accurate view of his or her poker abilities.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think that came out right. I won a few big pots off him and he starts to berate me and my plays. So, whats wrong with acting like a fish and saying all the best fish lines. After I won with TT I said "well I got the money, so I must have done something right". I made those types of comments to get paid off. I didnt really say anything jerkish, I just spoke like a fish to rile up the good players. It worked, I ended the session with 6 buyins at that table.

Niwa 09-16-2005 07:29 PM

fun to hear both sides of it.

flawless_victory 09-16-2005 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The flop came Q65. I bet $90 and you called.
The turn was another 5. I bet $250 and you DID NOT push. You minimum raised me to $500. Now, a blind man can see that my hand is no good at this point so I folded.

[/ QUOTE ]BAN!

Niwa 09-16-2005 08:33 PM

ban?

09-16-2005 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just read you post pirahnah. BTW I was trying to tilt you at the table with my chat, glad it worked. (sorry for being an ass but poker is war). There are a few mistakes in both our posts.

your chat didnt tilt me. I tilted myself

1st my mistake- I didnt have a pair in the flush hand, I meant to hit the 7. So I did only have the flush draw but you've got to be kidding if you call another big bet on a blank turn. For all you know I do have the ace.

I knew you didnt have an ace. You say I wouldnt call a big turn bet. Youre right, I was going to check raise you which you cant dispute since I did it.

Now your mistakes.

1- not giving the full story with the TT hand. Villan was not a regular in this game and was unknown. Before you sat down, I raised im late position with 88, he reraised me to 50. I called, and folded when I didnt flop a set. Now 2 orbits later, I raise with TT, and the same guy reraises me. On a safe flop, I checkraise him allin. Not a bad play considering he may be doing this preflop reraise with a wide range of hands. This is not donksih by any means and if you think it is, then you get walked over often.

The guy IS a semi regular and hes pretty good. I wouldve bet 5 stacks that he had AA / KK. Your play was bad. Ask anyone here.

Mistake 2- I do have the hand history and I did bet 28. I never make weak continuation bets. This is just an outright lie.
When we were talking about the hand at the table YOU told ME that you bet $16 on the flop. Thats where that came from. Alcanali asked about the hand. I told him you bet $25 or so on the flop and you quickly corrected me and said you bet $16, so apparently it was YOU that outright lied

Mistake 3- You claim I minimum raised you to 500. Dude, this is just stupid. Look at stack sizes. You bet 250 and have 200 behind. What am I supposed to do? Raise you 200 or raise you 200.

Say what you want. You minimum raised me to $500. I dont remember if that was enought to put me all in or not, but you DID NOT push.

Anyways, just want to clarify a few things. I know you're a decent player but the things you said at table where signs of a NIT tilting and I wanted to post it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your 53s hand. You called $12 preflop when it looked like it was going to be heads up since you were on the button. Not good. Then you call my reraise to $45ish. Not great.

Then you called $90 on the flop with 5 outs. You hit one of your outs and got lucky. Thats it. Your plays are not good. I made a great fold. You thought I was pot committed , I didnt. I told you at the table that I wouldve bet my life I was beaten and I was correct.

You didnt post this because I was tilting. You didnt even know I read this board. You posted to show off. Thats fine though.

The point is that you got lucky in all 3 hands to varying degrees. Luck is the reason you left with 4-5 buy ins.

No hard feelings. We shall meet again.

09-16-2005 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was planning on reevaluating on the turn. If a blank comes and he bets again, I fold. If I hit and he bets, I push. If he checks any card, I bet. Im gonna win the majority of the time becuase he will have air (as I believe he did have) enough. Oh, and this also gets me paid off when I have a set.

The reason I think he has air is becuase AA should not fold for that extra 200.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heres another "cant have it both ways". How can I be very predictable, but at the same time, be willing to reraise preflop, bet the flop and pound another $250 on the turn with nothing? You made some bad calls, and got lucky to hit the miracle turn card. You had 5 outs so 90% of the time you have to fold to my $250 turn bet. (unless youre planning on calling that with bottom pair.)

90% of the time you wouldve lost $140 or so on that hand and 10% of the time you will win the $400 or so that you won. Sounds very -EV to me.

09-16-2005 08:50 PM

By the way, what is a "nit"?

Niwa 09-16-2005 08:58 PM

good post.

hit_the_set 09-16-2005 09:15 PM

I just googled it and this is what came up.

Nits.

Seriously though nobody gives a **** about your personal wars. Please take it offline somebody.

jcmoussa 09-16-2005 09:34 PM

i cant believe i just read this whole thread. now ir eally cant believe that im actually replying.

Voltron87 09-16-2005 09:56 PM

a nit is a very tight player, or weak tight. whenever a strategy question comes up their answer is "fold, he might have top set" or something along those lines. sometimes it means a person who makes a big deal out of something insignificant which has no bearing on anything useful, ie arguing meaningless semantics.

09-16-2005 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just googled it and this is what came up.

Nits.

Seriously though nobody gives a **** about your personal wars. Please take it offline somebody.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not mad at him so I wouldnt call it a war.
The 2 big hands we played against each other do have some pretty good strategy involved. Its not like they are run of the mill hands. They were presented pretty war-like though so I get your point.

It is interesting to see how another player views you and your poker game and we play against each other alot so it will be interesting from here on out.

Klepton 09-16-2005 10:17 PM

HU Match

09-16-2005 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HU Match

[/ QUOTE ]

I suck at heads up play. Cool avatar

Lucky 09-17-2005 05:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a lot of nits are nits because they CANT handle the variance, so when a little is thrust upon them, they lose it quicker than others.

PugX 09-17-2005 05:45 AM

Ahnuld!

I hated you at the table, but I have to confirm what you are saying. No big deal, though.

//Pug

----
* Game ID 500882386 starting - 2005-09-16 18:52:47
** No More Cry [Hold 'em] (2.00|4.00 No Limit - Cash Game) Real Money

- ahnuld sitting in seat 6 with $1052.80
Blah blah
- Piranahh sitting in seat 8 with $400.00
Blah blah
Piranahh posted the small blind - $2.00
Blah blah

ahnuld raised - $16.00
Blah blah
Piranahh called - $16.00
Blah blah

** Dealing the flop: Ace of Hearts, 3 of Hearts, 9 of Spades
Piranahh checked
ahnuld bet - $28.00
Piranahh called - $28.00

** Dealing the turn: 7 of Hearts
Piranahh checked
ahnuld bet - $64.00
Piranahh raised - $200.00
ahnuld raised - $608.00
Piranahh went all-in - $158.00
ahnuld shows: 6 of Hearts, 10 of Hearts
Piranahh shows: Queen of Hearts, Queen of Diamonds

** Dealing the river: 5 of Spades
ahnuld wins $805.00 from the main pot

End of game 500882386

mgsimpleton 09-17-2005 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I told you at the table that I wouldve bet my life I was beaten and I was correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is still a horrendous fold, getting 4 to 1, against someone with OP's image... Q655 board, 5 helps you not hurts you with AA, usually.

And to the OP - you say that you called the 90 with 53 because you'd find out if he had air because he'd shut down on the turn... but now you're saying he must have had air because he folded getting 4 to 1... so if that 5 doesn't come I guess you're kinda screwed is what you're saying, huh. I don't like this play given the bloated pot... I'll do it sometimes to represent the flush against a tight opponent (if my image isn't crazy) or to actually hit 2 pair/trips but only when the pot isn't so bloated and I know my opp respects my play.

09-17-2005 10:00 AM

this is one of them episode where i wish both hero and villian dies.

09-17-2005 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I told you at the table that I wouldve bet my life I was beaten and I was correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is still a horrendous fold, getting 4 to 1, against someone with OP's image... Q655 board, 5 helps you not hurts you with AA, usually.

And to the OP - you say that you called the 90 with 53 because you'd find out if he had air because he'd shut down on the turn... but now you're saying he must have had air because he folded getting 4 to 1... so if that 5 doesn't come I guess you're kinda screwed is what you're saying, huh. I don't like this play given the bloated pot... I'll do it sometimes to represent the flush against a tight opponent (if my image isn't crazy) or to actually hit 2 pair/trips but only when the pot isn't so bloated and I know my opp respects my play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not a horrendous fold if Im getting 4-1 but Im 95% sure Im beat. I dont subscribe to the theory that I have to call there. I didnt feel pot committed. I knew I was beat and I stuck to my read unlike Ahnuld who changed his read to suit him at every point during the hand. Its already been confirmed that I was right. If Johnny Chan had folded this hand people would be ooing and awing about what a great fold it was, but for an avg unknown player like me, people think its horrendous.

I just love the fact that he thinks he has a read on me as a tight predictable player, but at the same time thinks that I will pour that much money into the pot with nothing.
He puts me on nothing for one reason only. So he can justify his flop call to himself.

He thinks that Im bluffing and will check the turn and he can steal the pot, but yet I bet $250 at the turn. So according to his read of being predictable, I must have a real hand. But then I fold to his raise so he changes his read again and is convinced I had nothing again.

He obviously has no read on me, but caught a 10-1 shot at the turn which won him the hand, other wise hes folding to my $250 turn bet whether I have a hand or Im bluffing. I think my play is +EV no matter what I had.

I make $150 90% of the time and lose $400 10% of the time, regardless of my cards.

ahnuld 09-17-2005 11:17 AM

Im trying to let this stupid thread die. I admit fi yuo bet the turn that hard and I dont improve I fold. But you are ignoring the times I have a set and your putting in money almost dead. I get paid off.

Im not responding to anything else in this thread, its over, and I cant believe I wasted so much time on it anyways. You seem really pissed, well then heads up me. I just dont feel like arguing anymore.

tdarko 09-17-2005 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

09-17-2005 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, but I have never confirmed that I had AA.

tdarko 09-17-2005 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree, but I have never confirmed that I had AA.

[/ QUOTE ]
to me it really doesn't matter what you have.

i am just wondering if you thought the 5 helped him?

are you psychic?

tdarko 09-17-2005 01:32 PM

you are missing what fslex was saying.

this is how the hand went down:

him- he played it badly got lucky and should have stacked you off but since YOU PLAYED IT EQUALLY POORLY you ended up saving some bets. so basically in the hand you were both lucky. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

09-17-2005 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you are missing what fslex was saying.

this is how the hand went down:

him- he played it badly got lucky and should have stacked you off but since YOU PLAYED IT EQUALLY POORLY you ended up saving some bets. so basically in the hand you were both lucky. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you say that when you dont know what I had. Lets say for arguments sake that I had AJ.

In that case I would say that besides folding preflop which is an obvious option, I played it perfectly. IF I had nothing, then I win $140 in this hand 90% of the time when he doesnt hit one of his 5 outs at the turn.
If I had AA/KK, I still win $140 90% of the time.

I actually thought that he had 66, but I was almostly completely certain that he could beat an overpair.