Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Very Impressed w/ Stars FPP Store (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=312538)

Bradyams 08-10-2005 11:21 PM

Very Impressed w/ Stars FPP Store

August 6th I ordered a t-shirt from the Pokerstars FPP store. Today (August 10th), when I came home it was on my front doorstep.

Just one more thing Party could learn from Stars.

chipper57AA 08-11-2005 01:39 PM

Re: Very Impressed w/ Stars FPP Store

The reason you got yours so quick is because Poker Stars ships its merchandise out of Boulder Colorado and you live in Colorado. Same went for me - I ordered a FPP item and got it within a few days.

J_B 08-11-2005 07:41 PM

I'm not in CO, had my item in about 3 days, IIRC.

Bradyams 08-11-2005 07:58 PM

They also gave me a second shirt (for free), some of the gum, and a rubber band.

dink 08-12-2005 03:26 AM

when my jacket went missing, they sent me another straight away, took less that 2 weeks to get to Australia.

Then whne my first one showed up, they told me to keep it as well.

They Rock,

kaye is a legend

well done pokerstars

Dink

kasey2004 08-12-2005 07:39 AM

I had mine extremely quick and the free rubber band and gum. Starz rockz

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Kasey [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

William Wilson 09-22-2005 07:38 AM

What, exactly, is that rubber band for?

Sciolist 09-22-2005 08:19 AM

Bankroll?

Dunno, I use them to keep my kem cards in their box when going on holiday or to a homegame.

gila 09-22-2005 09:51 AM

I ordered a book, decided I wanted a different one, and they sent me both.

Awesemo 09-22-2005 10:43 AM

I got the wool jacket within a week of ordering it recently. Before, it would take a month to get what you ordered. Perhaps they have speeded up the process. Has anyone had a long delay before getting their order recently?

StacysMom 09-22-2005 11:37 AM

Its prompt FPP store service like this that begs they question, "Do I want my shirt in 3 days, or thousands in rake back?" hmm...

I think stars may have to learn something from party if they want my play.

Awesemo 09-22-2005 02:57 PM

I don't really see your point. You can enter tournaments with FPPs which is essentially rakeback

BigBaitsim (milo) 09-22-2005 03:06 PM

Sent them an email, telling them I really liked the gum. They sent me an entire box (100 little boxes), just because nobody had ever thanked them for the gum.

Shame about the no rakeback thing.

cgwahl 09-22-2005 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its prompt FPP store service like this that begs they question, "Do I want my shirt in 3 days, or thousands in rake back?" hmm...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I recall reading somewhere that Stars rake is less that Parties. If thats the case, maybe it balances itself out in the end.

wayabvpar 09-22-2005 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was perfect for my bankroll on my flight to Vegas [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

okayplayer 09-22-2005 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I recall reading somewhere that Stars rake is less that Parties. If thats the case, maybe it balances itself out in the end.

[/ QUOTE ]
You know I heard the same thing, and I started playing there in addition to PP (not b/c of the rake thing, but b/c the limited availibility of games on PP), and I actually pay more in rake at Stars.

dogsballs 09-22-2005 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was perfect for my bankroll on my flight to Vegas [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

...What did you do with it after the Vegas trip though...? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

StacysMom 09-22-2005 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not gonna research it, but i read the same thing b4, and did look it up. If i recall the rake is better at .5/1, possible 5% instead of 10%, and they rake the 3rd dolalr at 70 instead of 60. If those differences are not exact, sry, its just off the top of my head.

This does not balance out at all compared to RB.

crosse91 09-22-2005 05:06 PM

damnit i really want some of that gum.... i didn't get any with my TOP book. Maybe b/c haven't played there much these last couple of months...

SomethingClever 09-22-2005 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really see your point. You can enter tournaments with FPPs which is essentially rakeback

[/ QUOTE ]

Not very useful if you don't play tourneys and suck at them. Like me.

PuertoKid 09-22-2005 06:23 PM

Yesterday I got a box delivered from PokerStars. It had 6 shirts, 2 hats, and bunch of PokerStars rubberbands, some gum, and a couple other assortments. I didn't even order anything from them. Cool!