Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   PL HU hand vs. Ilya (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=374907)

bones 11-09-2005 09:57 AM

PL HU hand vs. Ilya

We hadn't really played any big pots up to this point. Blinds 25/50

Ilya- 1435
Hero- 1565

PokerStars (2 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with X Y:. Button posts a blind of 25.
Button (poster) calls, Hero checks.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t100</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t200 </font>, Hero calls.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets 700</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot:

Thoughts on what I could have and what you'd need to call with in Ilya's spot.

11-09-2005 12:20 PM

Re: PL HU hand vs. Ilya

You have not given us your hand.

pooh74 11-09-2005 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have not given us your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...potd?

splashpot 11-09-2005 12:23 PM

I think he'd have to have AJ or the K to call. Or a boat of course. But then again, I have no idea what you guys play like HU. I'm assuming you had trash?

durron597 11-09-2005 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he'd have to have AJ or the K to call. Or a boat of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any jack makes a straight, not just AJ.

splashpot 11-09-2005 12:26 PM

yea, my bad

pooh74 11-09-2005 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think he'd have to have AJ or the K to call. Or a boat of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any jack makes a straight, not just AJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was just going to say this...I think a lone J is good here. I havent played either of you guys, but in general, given the lack of any PF fireworks, I think any J makes this flop/turn call and river bet, so if I am Ilya, I might think long and hard about even calling with the K.

Thats what you were rep'ing since the flop it seems.

tigerite 11-09-2005 12:28 PM

What you could have? Any two.
What he could have? Any two.

I'm not kidding either. He probably has air, maybe bottom pair at the very best.

bones 11-09-2005 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he'd have to have AJ or the K to call. Or a boat of course. But then again, I have no idea what you guys play like HU. I'm assuming you had trash?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you know that I'll make this bet knowing that you can only call with trips +, doesn't it stand to reason to reason that I'm making this bet with tons of hands when a card like that hits?

splashpot 11-09-2005 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you know that I'll make this bet knowing that you can only call with trips +, doesn't it stand to reason to reason that I'm making this bet with tons of hands when a card like that hits?

[/ QUOTE ]
Clearly. But I can't see him calling with anything less than the K. But then again, I suck at deep stack HU poker.

jeffraider 11-09-2005 12:47 PM

I'm probably not calling with less than a K, knowing your style of play. You've offered him poor pot odds, and I know you're on a stone bluff here some percentage of the time, but tricky as you are I also know that a very good portion of the time you're playing a monster hand this same way because you know how it looks.

I would like to call you with a Q or even T, but your play is pretty tough on me no matter what you really have so I probably mutter NH to myself, fold and try to return the favour in a later hand.

This is either a well-placed bluff or a really slick move designed to deliver a crippling hit to a really good HU opponent.

the shadow 11-09-2005 01:48 PM

I'm posting without looking at the other responses, so this may duplicate other comments.

Either player could have any two. That said, I put bones on JT and ilya on Q9. In ilya's place, I'd want AJ or K9 to make the call on the river.

BTW, I like your posting the hand without showing your hole cards.

The Shadow

Irieguy 11-09-2005 01:54 PM

Hero played it well, but transparently.

If I were Ilya on the river I'd call with any pair, and push with any other 2...

Of course, if I were in Ilya's spot I wouldn't have limped from the button, made a continuation bet on the flop, or fired that weak-puke pseudo-value second barrell prayer bet on the turn.

Irieguy

microbet 11-09-2005 02:09 PM

It's hard to not be influenced by your posting it, but I would guess Ilya has one pair and you have bupkis.

raptor517 11-09-2005 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course, if I were in Ilya's spot I wouldn't have limped from the button, made a continuation bet on the flop, or fired that weak-puke pseudo-value second barrell prayer bet on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

holla

durron597 11-09-2005 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero played it well, but transparently.

If I were Ilya on the river I'd call with any pair, and push with any other 2...

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is totally independant of ilya's cards?

pergesu 11-09-2005 02:54 PM

You either have a jack or jackshit, imo.

If you've got a pair, you probably want to just get a cheap showdown, and there's a good chance he'll check behind on the river here. Sometimes he won't and you'll be able to pick a bluff. You know he's not calling the river without a big hand, so why would you bet a straight? The only way is if you're thinking he's thinking that and you want to get into Nth levels of psychology and deception.

If I'm ilya, I shrug and then shove my chips in. Cause you're a donk.

skipperbob 11-09-2005 03:23 PM

Oh Jay: You're such a mensch [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]but isn't it Lima Beans, not [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]"bupkis".

bigt439 11-09-2005 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What you could have? Any two.
What he could have? Any two.

I'm not kidding either. He probably has air, maybe bottom pair at the very best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. It's a HU match. This hand is so dependant on your history.

skipperbob 11-09-2005 05:52 PM

"Hero played it well, but transparently"

Bones: This does not bode well for our trip across the desert...B-T-W; when you were doing your interview with me to determine if you "really" wanted to do the topdown/Tammy-On/Tecate trip you forgot to ask one important question: i.e.) "Am I armed"...answer=Yes...calibre=.44Mag..quote=Go ahead, Punk, Make my Day [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

yellowjack 11-09-2005 05:56 PM

Can't ilya be calling the turn with the intention of betting/bluff-raising the river?

ilya 11-09-2005 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you still have said this if bones had not revealed that I folded on the river?

Irieguy 11-10-2005 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you still have said this if bones had not revealed that I folded on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was just saying that I would never use the betting sequence you used... it didn't have anything to do with your fold on the river.

I also may have lost my stack on the hand.

Irieguy

ilya 11-10-2005 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was just saying that I would never use the betting sequence you used... it didn't have anything to do with your fold on the river.

I also may have lost my stack on the hand.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...hmmm.

bones 11-10-2005 04:55 AM

Similar hand, at least as far as the river bet is concerned. (Not against Ilya)

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (2 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero (t1370)
BB (t1630)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t60</font>, BB calls t40.

Flop: (t120) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t60</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t200</font>, Hero calls t140.

Turn: (t520) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t200</font>, Hero calls t200.

River: (t920) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t200</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t910</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: t2030