Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Party's Latest AntiRake Back Plan (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=237413)

StacysMom 04-22-2005 12:37 PM

Party\'s Latest AntiRake Back Plan

I looked at my affiliate account today, and any code in which there is just one player under will not display their MGR. While slightly annoying, it actually seems like a rather good idea on their part, and doesnt totally F over their affiliates...

anyone else get this, have thoughts?

teddyFBI 04-22-2005 12:39 PM

Re: Party\'s Latest AntiRake Back Plan

Can you really see the MGR stats for codes with MORE than one signup? Because I can't, and that's what irks me...i have certain codes with dozens of signups under them, and even they're displayed as N/A*

StacysMom 04-22-2005 12:43 PM

Well I can see the stats for any "active" code, which I think is defined by a real money player signup this month as best I can tell.

Inthacup 04-22-2005 01:00 PM

Same here. In fact, I have codes with several hundred players on them which are listed as n/a.

crockpot 04-22-2005 01:50 PM

looks like you can only view it if you have a real money signup during the span that you specify in your search.

Gotmilk 04-22-2005 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While slightly annoying, it actually seems like a rather good idea on their part, and doesnt totally F over their affiliates...

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't just totally F over the affiliates? LOL. Affiliates ships just came in. All the people the signed up under rakeback deals can just be told to F off now. This is the stupidest solution to an unexistant problem I have ever seen. Reward all the people who were breaking the rules according to them and screw over the best CUSTOMERS. Way to go Party Poker. This is your first step towards coming down from up top. Do they understand how many players play on Party because of rakeback and wouldn't otherwise?

GrannyMae 04-22-2005 03:11 PM

N/A*- Tracker wise MGR not available for display for this tracker for this time period. The total MGR displayed includes the MGR for all trackers under Revenue share Deals. Why?

<font color="red"> Why:
"Partypoker.com does not endorse the practice of rake back. We reserve the right to withhold displaying trackerwise data for trackers which do not have active players. Your MGR statistics will be displayed when your tracker has one or more active accounts." </font>

therefore, let's say that someone has 1 or 2 rakebacks under them and a BUNCH of non-rakebacks under them.

the solution is for the affiliate to ask the 1 or 2 rakebacks to please go get a deal at another skin. that means that party will lose accounts to the other skins imo.

Nick B. 04-22-2005 03:13 PM

Is this for Empire too, or just party?

ZimbuTheMonkey 04-22-2005 03:17 PM

Oh please let it be only for Party... I'm on Eurobet.

It's funny, cause I was trying hard to get BACK on Party Poker cause I love the tourneys. But if from now on, I won't be able to get rakeback, that's a no-go.

mcozzy1 04-22-2005 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I looked at my affiliate account today, and any code in which there is just one player under will not display their MGR.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I understand. It's not displaying MGR....does this mean they're not getting paid for this referral or just that it's not displaying?

Poker Source Online 04-22-2005 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
While slightly annoying, it actually seems like a rather good idea on their part, and doesnt totally F over their affiliates...

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't just totally F over the affiliates? LOL. Affiliates ships just came in. All the people the signed up under rakeback deals can just be told to F off now. This is the stupidest solution to an unexistant problem I have ever seen. Reward all the people who were breaking the rules according to them and screw over the best CUSTOMERS. Way to go Party Poker. This is your first step towards coming down from up top. Do they understand how many players play on Party because of rakeback and wouldn't otherwise?

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't care...

Poker Source Online 04-22-2005 03:50 PM

"Partypoker.com does not endorse the practice of rake back. We reserve the right to withhold displaying trackerwise data for trackers which do not have active players. Your MGR statistics will be displayed when your tracker has one or more active accounts."

moondogg 04-22-2005 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I looked at my affiliate account today, and any code in which there is just one player under will not display their MGR.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I understand. It's not displaying MGR....does this mean they're not getting paid for this referral or just that it's not displaying?

[/ QUOTE ]

Affiliates are getting paid (actually, some are not, but that's a seperate issue from a few weeks ago)

The problem is that they are not reporting tracker-specific revenue amounts. This makes it impossible to figure out how much is owed to which players.

GrannyMae 04-22-2005 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem is that they are not reporting tracker-specific revenue amounts. This makes it impossible to figure out how much is owed to which players.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you. this sums it up perfectly

Hung 04-22-2005 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Affiliates are getting paid (actually, some are not, but that's a seperate issue from a few weeks ago)

[/ QUOTE ]

I have several trackers because I have several bonuses. I had no idea you could see the MGR of each player!!
darn, I missed that...
I'm glad I never started the rake back. The best advice I got was from Granny: keep it all for yourself why give it back? And that's what I do [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] No trouble at all.

Emperor 04-22-2005 04:59 PM

So what does this mean for my rakeback at PSO??

Is Party really ready to lose thousands accounts?

frank_iii 04-22-2005 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now each affiliate will just have to build up a massive datamining operation to determine how much each player is playing. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

moondogg 04-22-2005 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now each affiliate will just have to build up a massive datamining operation to determine how much each player is playing. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. This play, in my opinion, is brilliant.

Rudbaeck 04-22-2005 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously.

surfdoc 04-22-2005 06:43 PM

Looks like the trust level between affiliates and clients will have to go up a notch.

The players may have to send screenshots of pokertracker monthly to their affiliates. That has worked for me so far on a smallish scale.

Poker Source Online 04-22-2005 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So what does this mean for my rakeback at PSO??

[/ QUOTE ]

That is not a topic for discussion here. Please post in the PSO forum.

ctv1116 04-22-2005 06:53 PM

Or the affiliates will just refuse to pay out any rakeback. Seems like a good deal for both the affiliates and Party. So basically the player gets screwed. Brilliant strategy by Party...

moondogg 04-22-2005 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Or the affiliates will just refuse to pay out any rakeback. Seems like a good deal for both the affiliates and Party. So basically the player gets screwed. Brilliant strategy by Party...

[/ QUOTE ]

This assumes that the player will continue to play there. Obviously the players will go somewhere else. Party definitely loses, and it's got to be hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of revenue every month that they are voluntarily turning away.

lefty rosen 04-22-2005 07:09 PM

Party does give rakeback its called cashing in your points at a penny a pop........ [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

lorinda 04-22-2005 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This assumes that the player will continue to play there. Obviously the players will go somewhere else. Party definitely loses, and it's got to be hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of revenue every month that they are voluntarily turning away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Firstly, the players won't leave, they didn't leave when the rake went up in the first place, they won't leave now.

Secondly, it won't cost Party much, other than the fact that they will find it easier to float their stock.

Thirdly, I told you all so.

Lori

Tuco 04-22-2005 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm...you weren't the only one. However, I didn't think it would take this long.

Tuco.

lorinda 04-22-2005 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Umm...you weren't the only one. However, I didn't think it would take this long.

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed on both counts to be fair.

Lori

oscark 04-22-2005 08:26 PM

This is 100% pure speculation...

I know Party has consistently proven their management to be not forward thinking. However, I will be surprised if all other skins do not follow suit soon (under pressure from P).

wateronrock 04-22-2005 08:28 PM

Player's that are making 3500$ per month will leave. Party has known exactly what's been going on the whole time, it's been a wink wink relationship.

Bottom line is, everyone in this industry looks out for their own interests. I'm sure there will always be a home for players that produce 12000$ a month in rake.

lorinda 04-22-2005 08:30 PM

Player's that are making 3500$ per month will leave

Players that are making $3500 per month in rakeback almost certainly can't afford to leave.

Lori

AncientPC 04-22-2005 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Players that are making $3500 per month in rakeback almost certainly can't afford to leave.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

But they might hop over to some other skins if they haven't already.

surfdoc 04-22-2005 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

But they WILL hop over to some other skins if they haven't already.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fixed your post.

Inthacup 04-22-2005 08:57 PM

You seem to take a lot of pride in this. While you've been patiently waiting to say 'I told you so', many players have been making tens of thousands of dollars in rakeback. You really showed them.

grimel 04-22-2005 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

But they WILL hop over to some other skins if they haven't already.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fixed your post.

But they WILL hop over to some other sites if they haven't already.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fixed your post.

wateronrock 04-22-2005 10:08 PM

If playing at Party/skins with rakeback is no longer an option, we will be leaving. There are other viable options, that will become much stronger if Party pushes us out the door.

I can't understand why Party can't see that rakeback is win-win? Many players have morphed into 8-12 tablers because of the rakeback incentive. Without the incentive we will play less tables, at higher stakes, or take our action elsewhere.

Whatever cosmetic changes Party is going through in preparation for going public won't fool anyone who has been paying attention.

Slacker13 04-22-2005 10:14 PM

I just logged in to see what was happening and I got "Your Affiliate Account is under investigation."

Nice.

kenberman 04-22-2005 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

But they might hop over to some other skins if they haven't already.

[/ QUOTE ]

this won't do any good when Party bans rakeback at all skins. this is just a matter of time.

Terry 04-23-2005 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Many players have morphed into 8-12 tablers because of the rakeback incentive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the idea that having hundreds of 8 to 12 tabling “seat plugs” playing the top 9 or 10% of their hands is good for the games, and therefore good for the site, is open to debate.

mosquito 04-23-2005 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Many players have morphed into 8-12 tablers because of the rakeback incentive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the idea that having hundreds of 8 to 12 tabling “seat plugs” playing the top 9 or 10% of their hands is good for the games, and therefore good for the site, is open to debate.

[/ QUOTE ]

So maybe they just bar winning players, and let the fish
trade money around to get rake.

Oh, damn. That would create new winners that would need
to be barred, too. Do you see why?

Maybe maximizing tables maximizes rake, as long as it
does not get so tight the fish won't play.

I'll let others elaborate......

beta1607 04-23-2005 02:53 AM

And of course you can not 8-12 table with out violating Party's Terms and Conditions since you must have accounts at more then one skin to do so. Everyone got caught with their hand in the cookie jar - deal with it.