Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Useless Information Thread (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=163718)

Justin A 12-18-2004 03:53 AM

Useless Information Thread

The octopus is the most intelligent sea creature behind the dolphin.

Justin A

Justin A 12-18-2004 03:57 AM

Re: Useless Information Thread

There are approximately ten million bricks in the Empire State Building.

Justin A

Alobar 12-18-2004 03:59 AM

albert einstien was 26 when he published the theory of relativity

you can make a battery out of some nickels, pennies, and some salt water

squab is the name for a baby pigeon

daryn 12-18-2004 04:01 AM

dolphins are the only animals other than humans that have sex for fun.

Alobar 12-18-2004 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is actually a DALnet IRC channel, for people who like to have sex with dolphins. Apparently dolphins have been known to try and stimulate humans sexually.

ThaSaltCracka 12-18-2004 04:20 AM

my penis is gigantic

kyro 12-18-2004 04:23 AM

congratulations. you've made arod a very happy man.

Justin A 12-18-2004 12:12 PM

The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called aglets.

_2000Flushes 12-18-2004 01:47 PM

Chickens can't swallow upside-down.

-2kF

Lazymeatball 12-18-2004 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tesla eventually died, literally pennyless, on January 7th, 1943. It is rather sad that a man who gave the world so much, received so little for his efforts. History books have been unkind as well. Even today, many texts still credit Marconi with the invention of radio, despite the Supreme Court decision which overruled the Marconi patent, awarding it to Tesla. In many parts of this country, people still refer to the electric utility as the 'Edison Company', even though they use the Tesla-Westinghouse alternating current system, NOT Edison's direct current. At the Niagra Falls power generating station, a small statue of Tesla is purposely left unilluminated at night. It has been said that Tesla is the Forgotten Father of Technology. Tesla himself once commented "... The present is theirs. (skeptics of the day) The future, for which I really worked, is mine." How true indeed.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.apc.net/bturner/tesla.htm

CrazyEyez 12-18-2004 02:00 PM

The musk ox neither has musk glands, nor is an ox.

partygirluk 12-18-2004 02:02 PM

The female Hyena is so masculine that it has an 8 inch dummy penis, and testicles.

brassnuts 12-18-2004 02:10 PM

"The peanut is neither a pea nor a nut! Oh wait, it is a nut."

LondonBroil 12-18-2004 02:56 PM

Polar Bear's fur is actually clear and not white.

A man named Ed Peterson is the inventor of the Egg McMuffin.

The porpoise is second to man as the most intelligent animal on the planet.

LondonBroil 12-18-2004 03:01 PM

A person standing under an oak tree is 16 more times liable to be hit by lightning than if he had taken refuge beneath a beech tree. The oak tree has vertical roots which provide a more direct route to ground water.

Clarkmeister 12-18-2004 03:08 PM

For Christmas, I buy my best friend's wife each year's new Winnie the Pooh ornament from Hallmark.

GuyOnTilt 12-18-2004 03:16 PM

There very well may not be any more Olympic Games in our universe.

GoT

LondonBroil 12-18-2004 03:23 PM

Pregnant goldfish are "twits."

WDC 12-18-2004 03:50 PM

you can light non dairy creamer on fire

horsey sauce can clean pennies like nobody's business

LondonBroil 12-18-2004 04:44 PM

In 1970, Russel T. Tansie, an Arizona lawyer filed a $100,000 damage lawsuit against God. The suit was filed on behalf of Mr. Tansie's secretary, Betty Penrose, who accused God of negligence in His power over the weather when He allowed a lightning bolt to strike her home. Ms. Penrose won the case when the defendant failed to appear in court. Whether or not she collected has not been recorded.

In the original "Star Wars: A New Hope", Mark Hamill, who played Luke Skywalker, called out the name of actress Carrie Fisher, who played Princess Leia, instead of actually calling out "Leia" in the scene near the end where he gets out of his X-wing after destroying the Death Star.

The silhouette on the Major League Baseball logo is Harmon Killebrew.

Contrary to popular belief, there are almost no Buddhists in India, nor have there been for about a thousand years.

The primary purpose of growing rice in flooded paddies is to drown the weeds surrounding the young seedlings. Rice can, in fact, be grown in drained areas.

eric5148 12-18-2004 05:20 PM

I though this was for useless info? That's actually interesting stuff.

fsuplayer 12-18-2004 05:41 PM

useless and interesting are mutually exclusive.

rusellmj 12-18-2004 06:14 PM

Giraffes have no vocal chords.

gaming_mouse 12-18-2004 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"The peanut is neither a pea nor a nut! Oh wait, it is a nut."

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a legume.

DoubleupDinan 12-18-2004 06:27 PM

A female hyena has a penis that doesn’t work

gaming_mouse 12-18-2004 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do we know they're are doing it for fun?

Usul 12-18-2004 06:30 PM

It's actually an eight inch long clitoris. Female hyenas are also bigger than males.

DoubleupDinan 12-18-2004 06:34 PM

haha, thanks for clarifying.

wacki 12-18-2004 07:04 PM

The red and white mushroom in Alice and wonderland is called Amanita Muscaria. The mushroom is the size of an 8" saucer plate and causes size distortion just like in the movie. The psychoactive chemical isn't degraded by the kidney so Shammans will drink their urine to maintain an almost perpetual high. -This knowledge is useless because it only grows in Siberia.

A Loredo Bowie knife can chop through a 2x4 in five hits.

The human male's brain has about 1 billion more brain cells than the females.

Artificial vanilla is made from sawdust. More specifically the glue that holds the tree together. There is no difference chemically between artificial vanilla and and the main component of natural vanilla.

LondonBroil 12-18-2004 08:02 PM

Spiders have transparent blood.

Most toilets flush in E flat.

Spam stands for Shoulder Pork and hAM.

Parker Brothers prints about 50 billion dollars worth of Monopoly money in one year.

"The Tale of Genji", a Japanese work from the early eleventh century, is considered by many scholars to be the world's first full novel. The novel was written by a woman: Murasaki Shikibu, or Lady Murasaki.

The Hoover Dam was built to last 2,000 years. The concrete in it will not even be fully cured for another 500 years.

LondonBroil 12-18-2004 08:06 PM

When Coca-Cola began to be sold in China, they used characters that would sound like "Coca-Cola" when spoken. Unfortunately, what they turned out to mean was "Bite the wax tadpole".

In the kingdom of Bhutan, all citizens officially become a year older on New Year's Day.

acetwothreefourfivesixseveneightninetenjackqueenki ng: Excluding the joker, if you add up the letters in all the names of the cards in the deck (Ace, two, three, four,...,king). the total number of letters is 52, the same as the number of cards in the deck.

The names of the two stone lions in front of the New York Public Library are Patience and Fortitude. They were named by then-mayor Fiorello LaGuardia.

7.5 million toothpicks can be created from a cord of wood.

On average, there are 333 squares of toilet paper on a roll.

If you have three quarters, four dimes, and four pennies, you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar.

Rain contains vitamin B12.

By raising your legs slowly and laying on your back, you can't sink in quicksand.

The average McDonald's Big Mac bun has 198 sesame seeds on it.

The exact geographic center of the United States is near Lebanon, Kansas.

On the new hundred dollar bill the time on the clock tower of Independence Hall is 4:10.

GuyOnTilt 12-18-2004 08:10 PM

Hormel once made an official statement saying that's what it stood for. The "AM" was actually "And haM" though. Hormel's current offical statement is that SPAM stands for "Synthetically Produced Artificial Meat".

GoT

LondonBroil 12-18-2004 08:11 PM

If China imported just 10% of it's rice needs- the price on the world market would increase by 80%.

Zip code 12345 is assigned to General Electric in Schenectady, NY.

The book of Esther in the Bible is the only book which does not mention the name of God.

November 29 is National Sinky Day; a day to eat over one's sink and worship it.

Charlie Brown's father was a barber.

In the film 'Star Trek : First Contact', when Picard shows Lilly she is orbiting Earth, Australia and Papua New Guinea are clearly visible... but New Zealand is missing.

Despite the fact that 77 percent of Americans go to the grocery store with a list, it's estimated that half of everything bought there is bought on impulse. Supermarkets report very strong sales of almost anything they stock at the check-out line.

In 1979, Namco released Pac-Man, the most popular arcade game of all time. Over 300,000 units were sold worldwide. More than 100,000 units are sold in the United States alone. Originally named Puck Man, the game was retitled after executives saw the potential for vandals to scratch out part of the letter P on the game's marquee, which might discourage parents from letting their children play. Pac-Man became the first video game to be popular with both males and females.

spamuell 12-18-2004 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hormel once made an official statement saying that's what it stood for. The "AM" was actually "And haM" though. Hormel's current offical statement is that SPAM stands for "Synthetically Produced Artificial Meat".

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, none of this is correct GoT. I could tell you what SPAM really stands for, but I'd have to kill you through ODing on spam. It's not a pretty way to go.

I wish I still had my old avatar. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

wacki 12-18-2004 09:38 PM

Einstein, who is a noted pacifist that denounced all forms of violence when living in the US, was also a big fan of violence when it was convenient. Particularly when he was living in Nazi germany. He is also reported to be a very verbally abusive husband.

"But by the time be achieved universal renown, unknown to an admiring world, he had clocked up two failed marriages, at least one affair and had fathered an illegitimate child."

"In his unhappy home life, Einstein joined a long list of other male pacifists who, sadly, were emotionally cruel to their wives: Tolstoy, Bertrand Russell, Gandhi, The Rev. Martin Luther King Jr."

http://www.commondreams.org/views/022100-101.htm

_2000Flushes 12-18-2004 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wish I still had my old avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Chad more than Spam.

http://www.efcer.org/images/missions...romania-lf.gif

http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2003/US/West/08.../vert.spam.jpg

-2kF

gaming_mouse 12-18-2004 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By raising your legs slowly and laying on your back, you can't sink in quicksand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand this description.

_2000Flushes 12-18-2004 09:51 PM

It's also known as Congress of the Cow.

-2kF

spamuell 12-18-2004 09:54 PM

I like Chad more than Spam.

My avatar is meant to be the Romanian flag, apparently they have the same one as Chad.

I'm impressed you managed to dig up my old avatar.

GuyOnTilt 12-18-2004 10:14 PM

Actually, none of this is correct GoT.

What does it offically stand for then? And don't say "SPiced hAM" 'cause that's what everybody says, but it's not what Hormel says. They're official position right now is that it stands for "Synthetically Produced Artificial Meat."

GoT