Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   F*#$!N Beggers (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=270193)

tinga81 06-10-2005 05:01 PM

F*#$!N Beggers

Has anyone else had this happen to them .. ?

I made it down to heads up in a pokerstars tournament last night ($10 multi, first big finish since i've been playing) and the guy and I decided to chop the prize pool between us. We had the usual chat commotion at the table from the outsiders, it seemed like everyone had something to say. A minute or two later, someone chimed in on AIM to me who was unknown to me (I guess it doesn't take a genius to figure out my name) to talk to me for a few minutes.

I had a night to sleep on everything, and after a good afternoon out, I come home to sit in front of the computer, and the guy chimes in again. This time he's all like "sup, can I get $5."

Now, I have experienced this at the tables before, where it is easy to ignore them, but on AIM, it just hits a little closer. I didn't appreciate the random messaging, and I moreso didn't appreciate the begging. Needless to say, I put him on ignore, and I hope to never see him again.

I didn't know if this was standard practice from the begging community, but if this is going to happen again, I might blow up on the next guy, heh.

Thanks for reading, I needed to rant about this loser.

Joe826 06-10-2005 05:13 PM

Re: F*#$!N Beggers

i just can't believe it's worthwhile for these people to ask for $5. tell them to go mow a lawn.

krimson 06-10-2005 05:17 PM

I can just picture the future...

Some guy downtown in grubby clothes, sitting on his laptop and AIM'ing people for spare change.

krazyace5 06-10-2005 05:26 PM

Soo, can i get that $5 or what dude?

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

tinga81 06-10-2005 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i just can't believe it's worthwhile for these people to ask for $5. tell them to go mow a lawn.

[/ QUOTE ]

right, what's $5 going to do for them .. MAYBE they get a win in a $5 SNG, but after that they'll run it back to $0.00, and run the train of begging again .. and you just know their mindset is "they got a lot of money, what is $5."

well if these fools would learn to play, they wouldn't need to be askin for $5 that will get them nowhere.

morons.

usmfan 06-10-2005 06:11 PM

Loan them five bucks. They lose it to me. I'm happy. I post here encouraging you to loan them 5 bucks. It's the circle of life.

Nfinity 06-10-2005 06:15 PM

When I started High-School I used to ask for Quarters. My goal was to get one Quarter from 8 ppl a day. I wasn't very diligent in my quest, I did make my quota very often.

When I turned 16, I bought an $800 car, primarily with this money.

My high school had a little under 1000 ppl in it. There are millions of ppl playing poker each day.

Another story: My grandfather once offered a Pan-handler a job working construction, and gave him a card with a # to call. The pan-handler asked how much he would be making, and my grandfather told him something a little over $9 an hr. The pan-handler threw the card back at my grandfather and said "Are you kidding, I have a kid to support."

Apparently begging can be a very lucrative profession, provided you strip yourself of all dignity and shame.

My appologies to the millions of homeless on the streets who actually "need" to do this for some reason or another. This is not meant for you.

Emmitt2222 06-10-2005 06:22 PM

no, but seriously anyoe wanna transfer me two bucks on Stars, I need the money now. An explination can be found here and in fact I will include $1 interest when I pay back.

Keith Fellmy 06-10-2005 07:21 PM

for 5 bucks I can see begging for. But how about these folks that want 7 cents. WTF can you do for 7 cents.

kdog 06-10-2005 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
for 5 bucks I can see begging for. But how about these folks that want 7 cents. WTF can you do for 7 cents.

[/ QUOTE ]

A funner question is what can you get them to do for 7 cents? Like write a poem or song or something.

whiskeytown 06-10-2005 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My appologies to the millions of homeless on the streets who actually "need" to do this for some reason or another. This is not meant for you

[/ QUOTE ]

Any homeless reading this post on a gambling forum on a PC on an internet connection from anywhere doesn't need to do this for a living - they clearly have some income -

RB

whiskeytown 06-10-2005 09:26 PM

I had one try to pass himself off as a dealer I knew that moved to AZ - I turned that jackass into support - that really pissed me off, trying to scam me.

RB

timprov 06-10-2005 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's unlikely they're old enough to deposit into a poker site.

Synergistic Explosions 06-10-2005 11:10 PM

Some of these guys make more than you think scamming online. I got scammed out of 25 bucks to one of them. Turns out he did the same thing to dozens of people at that site.

Several months later I saw him in a free roll tourney at the same site. I've seen him before, but he would never answer me in chat. This time he did. I think there were several people at the table who he scammed. I think the constant berating he was getting put him on tilt, so he began spilling the beans.

He said we were all idiots, which was true. He said he has gotten thousands from people, which I believe, at different poker sites with player to player transfer features.

He was literally admitting to scamming us and laughed at us for being idiots to trust someone online. This is true of course. This instance was my first and only time I loaned someone money online. The thing is, he was so good at it. I mean in the weeks before I loaned him the money he was able to get real chummy with me. I actually thought he was a good dude. He was a good tourney player also, and was winning some good money. He would of been the last person I thought couldn't be trusted for 25 bucks.

But I should have known he was a scamster when the first time he asked to borrow 25 from me. He said he had western unioned money to the site and it should be there in a few hours, but he wanted to enter a tourney starting soon. He even said, and this was the warning sign I should of saw, that he would pay me back 30 that night when the deposit went through.

I think thats the tell tale sign, loan me 25 I'll pay you back 30. It works on a persons greed. Especially when you trust someone almost as a friend.

But it was a cheap lesson to learn early. Now I have no problem turning down online friends requests for a short term loan. And I've gotten a few, and some even with the pay back extra beyond the loan amount.

Live and learn.

grandgnu 06-11-2005 02:09 PM

I'm not mad at the beggers asking for 7 cents or whatever. I AM mad at the farging tools who give them the money, which only encourages them to continue their charade.

Think about it, it's the same as email spam. They'll send out millions of requests, because they only need a handful of idiots to buy into it, to cover their expenses and turn a profit.

These "beggers" are entrepenuers who take money from idiots. It's little different than selecting a table where 75% of the table sees the flop. You know these tools are going to overplay their hands and pay you off. Poker is about taking peoples money. Begging for peoples money on a poker site is pretty much the same thing, just a different concept to attain the payout (i.e. ZERO-RISK)

Hmmm......maybe I should start multi-table begging instead of multi-tabling Omaha 8. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

crazy canuck 06-11-2005 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

These "beggers" are entrepenuers who take money from idiots. It's little different than selecting a table where 75% of the table sees the flop. You know these tools are going to overplay their hands and pay you off. Poker is about taking peoples money. Begging for peoples money on a poker site is pretty much the same thing, just a different concept to attain the payout (i.e. ZERO-RISK)

Hmmm......maybe I should start multi-table begging instead of multi-tabling Omaha 8.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm...maybe 2+2 should publish a book too:

Online Begging for Busted Players

grandgnu 06-11-2005 04:21 PM

Re: Online Begging For Busted Players

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hmmm......maybe I should start multi-table begging instead of multi-tabling Omaha 8.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm...maybe 2+2 should publish a book too:

Online Begging for Busted Players

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you may be missing the point though. I don't think these players are busted, they just see a +EV situation with little risk to themselves (or no risk, depending on if they get banned or not) It's pure profit, these guys are geniuses!

crazy canuck 06-11-2005 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you may be missing the point though. I don't think these players are busted, they just see a +EV situation with little risk to themselves (or no risk, depending on if they get banned or not) It's pure profit, these guys are geniuses!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. They should write then:

The Theory of Begging and High Stakes begging for Advanced Scammers

and add a new forum for Begging too. It would be an easy way to replenish the bankroll.

Synergistic Explosions 06-11-2005 05:53 PM

Over at the begging forum, players who loan strangers money are referred to as 'Dikshits'.

Most of the professional beggers prefer to beg at Party as there seems to be many many more Dikshits there.

Keith Fellmy 06-11-2005 09:04 PM

may be they can cyber blow me

Rah 06-11-2005 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Over at the begging forum, players who loan strangers money are referred to as 'Dikshits'.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't help but laughing out loud whenever I see that name [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]