Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   UPDATE: Dropped Connection Problem at Party/IGM - SOLVED (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=296029)

Luv2DriveTT 07-19-2005 01:05 PM

UPDATE: Dropped Connection Problem at Party/IGM - SOLVED

Email this morning from Eurobet:

Thank you for your reply.

Our Software Supplier has detected a minor error that could have caused the disconnections from the tables, however they have advised that this has settled down now and you should not experience any further difficulty.

Should the problem persist please do not hesitate to get back in contact.

Kind regards
Eurobet Poker Team

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

mdeck 07-19-2005 01:14 PM

Re: UPDATE: Dropped Connection Problem at Party/IGM - SOLVED

[censored] FINALLY. God that was annoying...

Thanks for the update TT.

ryanghall 07-19-2005 02:50 PM

Don\'t be so sure

Don't be so sure yet.

I got almost the same email from Empire the other day and nothing changed.

Ryan

BigF 07-19-2005 03:05 PM

"minor error"? IMHO, this is a major fuckup and I bet you Party has been losing a ton of rake because of it.

JoePro 07-19-2005 05:55 PM

Was still getting disconnected from certain tables @ 5pm.
I guess they should've left their servers in Kahnawake.

Eratosthenes 07-19-2005 05:57 PM

I just played 4 tables for an hour (on Empire) starting at 5:00 PM ET and saw the dreaded "searching for connection" popup twice. Maybe better, but not fixed.

MasterShakes 07-19-2005 06:02 PM

Nope, not fixed. Thanks for letting me know that they're at least responding to somebody's emails, though it's not me.

real843 07-19-2005 06:31 PM

I'm still having issues with the one table disconnect too...

mosuavea 07-19-2005 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still having issues with the one table disconnect too...

[/ QUOTE ]

jrbick 07-19-2005 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Email this morning from Eurobet:

Thank you for your reply.

Our Software Supplier has detected a minor error that could have caused the disconnections from the tables, however they have advised that this has settled down now and you should not experience any further difficulty.

Should the problem persist please do not hesitate to get back in contact.

Kind regards
Eurobet Poker Team

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

ALL of my tables at both Euro and Empire have disconnected every 5 mins or so tonight. I quit. Eff Party.

MasterShakes 07-19-2005 08:03 PM

I actually called Party just a few minutes ago. They acknowledge that lots of people are having problems, but at the same time, they are unwilling to admit responsibility for the problem. They give me the same BS as usual, "disconnections can and will occur..." blah blah blah. In one sentence, they acknowledge that it is a widespread problem, and in the next, they tell me to get in touch with my ISP.

They can't let this go on very long. Casual and professional players alike will take their business elsewhere (namely, Stars).

MasterShakes 07-19-2005 08:04 PM

One more thing and then I'm done... I'm very surprised that this isn't a bigger issue on this forum right now. It seems like it should be the only thing to talk about, given how many here play on party.

peregrine 07-19-2005 08:07 PM

Still an issue for me. I'm trying to play off the Empire bonus and have had disconnect problems.

KeysrSoze 07-19-2005 08:11 PM

Ditto. 4 tabled, 1 would constantly lose connection with 2-8 players every few minutes.

I'm just mad that my 40BB pot I won yesterday wasn't recorded in PT (and I cant find the hand number) because of a disconnect in the middle of the hand. Now if it folded me, there'd be hell to pay [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

ActionBob 07-19-2005 08:27 PM

Well, I'm about to find out about hell to pay as it did happen to me where it cost me a pot. I'm waiting for a response from support now, but the situation was I flopped a set in the 30-60 game, we were getting all kinds of bets in on the turn, then suddently the "establishing connection" message comes up. So I wait (as I've done hundreds of times over the last week or so) and it finally does reconnect but instead of having time to act it says I have ONE second to act then it folds me. Simply ridiculous.

-ActionBob

malo 07-19-2005 08:28 PM

Another ditto. Played alright for about 45 min. then the delay/disconnects started.

This began for me on Saturday....have played every day and encountered the same problem each one. That is four days running for this problem at least.

Does that seem right, or did it start even earlier?

Their rather cavalier attitude about this is amazing.

MasterShakes 07-19-2005 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Their rather cavalier attitude about this is amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazing, yes. Not surprising though, given their history of nearly complete ineptitude.

sexdrugsmoney 07-19-2005 08:48 PM

Tried playing some Stud yesterday and went through two DP's inside of 20 minutes, it was a complete jopke.

Won't play there until the issue is resolved, unfortunately. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Sixth_Rule 07-19-2005 10:00 PM

is anyone elses tables just closing after the message establishing connection message is there for like 2 seconds.
i have to find the tables # i was at and hurry and rejoin it. somtimes the hand i had was still live and the last time i was actually able to rejoin the table everyone at my table was sitting out even no one was before the table crashed

Losing all 07-19-2005 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One more thing and then I'm done... I'm very surprised that this isn't a bigger issue on this forum right now. It seems like it should be the only thing to talk about, given how many here play on party.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. I haven't played a party hand since friday, and I wont until I hear this is fixed.

BottlesOf 07-19-2005 10:52 PM

still fcked up. fix it again tt.

mb2696 07-19-2005 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
still fcked up. fix it again tt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely still messed up. At one point, 7 of the 10 people at my table were disconnected. Its unbelieveable that party wont admit responsibility for this.

OrianasDaad 07-19-2005 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its unbelieveable that people aren't willing to accept something that they cannot change, and then rant like they are God's gift to Party Poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

OrianasDaad 07-19-2005 11:18 PM

Mabye this is Party's way of discouraging multi-tabling TAG players?

jman220 07-19-2005 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I was 1-tabling because I wanted to work on improving my limit game, adn that was disconnecting to, but just to make sure, i would pop open another table to see if it was just that one table, and sure enough, i could open another table no problem. Believe me, this is hurting the fish just as much as the multi-tabling TAGs. And for all you who say we should just "accept it" because we can't change it, bull, if enough people email and complain, and they realize it may actually affect their bottom dollar, they'll pull their thumbs out of their asses and do something about it.

mbraudel 07-19-2005 11:47 PM

It's still happening as of 8:45 pm PST on Tuesday night.

Any emails they're sending out claiming that the problem is fixed, are incorrect.

iluzion 07-19-2005 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's still happening as of 8:45 pm PST on Tuesday night.

Any emails they're sending out claiming that the problem is fixed, are incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just happened to me at 11:54PM Tuesday.

StellarWind 07-20-2005 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You are exactly right [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]. I've seen a lot of single-tabling big fish leave tables tonight after being disconnected by this bug. As a multitabling TAG I find that very discouraging.

The pros are the last players who will leave because of this. People playing for fun instead of income have little motive to put up with this.

Also consider that loose players who are in every pot will be the first to lose their DP. Then what can they do?

Petomane 07-20-2005 12:09 AM

They're lying. I just played and it was really annoying. If this persists for a few more days, I don't think Party has much of a future. Do their shareholders know about this?

mb2696 07-20-2005 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its unbelieveable that people aren't willing to accept something that they cannot change, and then rant like they are God's gift to Party Poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

[/ QUOTE ]

How am I acting like God's gift to party? I'm not acting like I'm some sort of special customer. I'm complaining about something that is interfering with ALL players right now.

If everyone accepts it and doesn't complain, party will never fix it...

thanks for you worthless contribution to this thread.

OrianasDaad 07-20-2005 12:34 AM

Not you in particular.

My (valid, but hidden) point is that Party isn't going to point to this thread on these forums and go "Oh my good golly! We need to fix this."

It'll be fixed when it's fixed.

mb2696 07-20-2005 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not you in particular.

My (valid, but hidden) point is that Party isn't going to point to this thread on these forums and go "Oh my good golly! We need to fix this."

It'll be fixed when it's fixed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't expect them to look here either. I was merely sharing my thoughts.

PokerAce 07-20-2005 12:44 AM

(crosspost from other thread)

Maybe my experience is unique, but I'm not having any problems at all.

Over the past week or two, I experienced a total of 3 tables disconnecting on me.

I played for four hours earlier this afternoon with no disconnects, and an hour so far tonight with no disconnects.

Maybe this isn't purely Party's fault?

jman220 07-20-2005 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(crosspost from other thread)

Maybe my experience is unique, but I'm not having any problems at all.

Over the past week or two, I experienced a total of 3 tables disconnecting on me.

I played for four hours earlier this afternoon with no disconnects, and an hour so far tonight with no disconnects.

Maybe this isn't purely Party's fault?

[/ QUOTE ]

What country/ geographical area are you in?

NoChance 07-20-2005 10:02 AM

I think one (or a few) of their servers are messed up. The past couple days I am also getting disconnects on one table only (playing two). When this happens, I close the "problem" table and find another. After the switch in tables I no longer get disconnects.

amulet 07-20-2005 10:33 AM

PARTY\'S HEAD IN IN THE SAND ON THIS PROBLEM.

I am losing tables constantly. It is getting absurd. They keep saying it is not their problem, and probably my isp. However;
1. it is not happening to me at other poker sites.
2. from the table chat, and the postings on so many poker web sites, it is clear that thousands of people are effected all over the world.

You would this they could realize that they need to act. Absurd and amazing.

fyodor 07-20-2005 11:07 AM

email to Empire and response

Sent this and then took a shower:

---------------------------
Hello:

I am sure you have been made aware of the recent disconnect problems at Party and skins but I just want to add my name to the list of complainers. Typically I will be playing 3 tables and lose the connection at only one of them. Generally half the players at that table lose their connection at the same time but the other tables are fine.

It is NOT just me and it is NOT my internet connection so don't even go there.

Here are a couple threads about the problem in the 2+2 forums. Link One Link Two

So far I have not been booted from any pots in which I had a large interest. Hopefully the problem gets resolved before I do.

Thank you for the attention.
----------------------------------

Came back from the shower and there was already a response from Empire:

------------------------------
Dear Moran,

Further to your email, for the time being we suggest you not to play on the multiple tables. Also please uninstall and reinstall the software in the C:drive.

To uninstall the software:

1. Click Start, point to Settings, click on Control Panel, and then double-click on the Add/Remove Programs.
2. Select EmpirePoker, and then click on Change/Remove button to completely remove the software from your system.

To reinstall the software

1. Go to our website, click on "Click here to download and play now" to download the software.
2. Save the setup file to the desktop.
3. Double-click on the saved setup file to start the installation procedure.
4. Change the default installation directory from "C:\Program Files\EmpirePoker.com" to "C:\EmpirePoker.com".

Please note:
Before you uninstall the software make sure you save "Player Notes" onto a separate word file so that they can be retained. If you do not do so, all the notes you made through "Add Player Notes" option will get lost.

Once you have reinstalled the software again please follow the below mentioned procedure to add the Player Notes:

1) Close all the Windows.
2) Right click on the "EmpirePoker.com" icon on the desktop.
3) Click on "Properties"
4) Click on the "Find Target" button
5) Right click on the "Notes" file and click on "Copy". Close all the windows.
6) Right Click on the Desktop and click on "Paste"
7) Once EmpirePoker.com is reinstalled, restore this file in the EmpirePoker.com folder.

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any individual/organization claiming to represent us. We will never ask you for the password to your account. If you receive any email or phone call from anyone requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Our Customer Care Department is available 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Vandanasingh
Poker Customer Care
---------------------------------

So that's it. Everyone just has to uninstall the software and then reinstall it. But don't forget to backup your notes. I know it's at the top of my todo list. And don't forget - C:\EmpirePoker.com - otherwise the whole process is useless. Oh, and make sure you capitalize the "P" in EmpirePoker.

CORed 07-20-2005 11:48 AM

I had no disconnects last night. The night before, for awhile I was having two tables disconnect simultaneously. This would tend to support the notion that it is a problem with one or more of their servers. Apparently I was just unlucky enough to pick two tables on the same screwed up server.

(Dons tinfoil hat) Maybe this is related to their IPO. Perhaps someone has shorted their stock and is DOSing one of their servers.(Removes tinfoil hat)

OTOH, maybe it's just Dikshit programming.

xLukex 07-20-2005 12:38 PM

So wait, it's a software problem and NOT a server problem?

The software makes it lose a connection and close a table?

That is weird.

Davey 07-20-2005 02:04 PM

Heres the email that i got from empire. they didnt answer last night so i resent it and they got back pretty quick.

Dear David,

Thank you for contacting us.

We do understand your concern regarding the frequent disconnection at your end. Please note that
there is no technical difficulty from our end.

To explain to you in full details let us start from the basic level of how tables connect from the
Players Internet Service Provider (ISP) to our Game Servers. Every time you connect to the main
lobby it is through a network of servers on the Internet. These network connections or routes or
paths are decided by your ISP. When you connect to the tables, each table is again connected to our
Game Servers through individual sets of network connections on the Internet.
Each of these network connections has multiple intermediate servers on the network. Each of these
servers is handling not only your connection, but also various other connections on the Internet
that happen to take a route on which the server lies. This puts a lot of load on these intermediate
servers. Some of the servers can handle a lot of load and are very stable but some of them are
not. If it is a weak server, then it will randomly select a connection passing through it and
disconnect the subscriber. This is why Players face a sudden disconnection on a table even though they
are still able to browse through the Internet or even play on another table.

I fully understand that it is not a problem from your end. However, if there is a weak server on
the network connection, that your ISP has chosen to connect to our Game Servers, then it is quite
possible that you might get disconnected from a table.

I hope the above explanation was up to your satisfaction.

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any individual/organization claiming to represent
us. We will never ask you for the password to your account. If you receive any email or phone call
from anyone requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Our Customer Care Department is available 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Anand
Poker Customer Care

doesnt really sound like they are going to fix anything. im not ok with that either. they wont get any of my business until this is fixed. disconnecting on just one table every 5 minutes is not something i want to deal with.