Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   ~~~~Good Luck Greg Thread~~~~ (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=89441)

RollaJ 05-28-2004 08:01 AM

~~~~Good Luck Greg Thread~~~~

Ok, so we have all been tied to many sites getting updates as often as we can, but now I'd like if we can consolidate a post of well wishes that Greg can read when he comes home to the zoo with all that bacon in his pockets. Many people here know him well, and have gotten good advice from him, so why not let him know. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

RollaJ 05-28-2004 08:05 AM

Re: ~~~~Good Luck Greg Thread~~~~

Here goes......
Greg thank you for all you have brought to these boards. You are a genuine POKERSTAR and have been kind enough to share your wisdom for years on here and on RGP.

Thank you, poker success like this coulkd not have happened to a better guy.

Leno or Letterman first??

Best of Luck,
-Jon

Dilbert 05-28-2004 08:07 AM

If you really want Greg to read this thread, why don't you post some nice pictures?

Way to go Greg. Don't stop posting here now that you are an international celebrity.

By the way I think I know your secret. In white: <font color="white">You use the fossil to mark the cards. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]</font> Mums the word.

Dilbert

citanul 05-28-2004 08:25 AM

Good Luck Greg. Keep doing whatever you've been doing, and then tell us all what it was [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

(Even people with massive chip leads need some luck sometimes.)

citanul

Syntax 05-28-2004 08:26 AM

Is this the "official" good luck thread?

Ragnar 05-28-2004 08:34 AM

I'll chime in even though I don't know him at all. I've read many of Greg's posts and learned a lot.

Go, Greg, Go!

Ragnar

adam61 05-28-2004 08:37 AM

Absolute Best of Luck Greg! Bring that title home! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

El Barto 05-28-2004 09:00 AM

Best of Luck, Greg.

El Barto

By the way, I'll be at Foxwoods next week, and I'm a little short of cash right now....

fnurt 05-28-2004 09:16 AM

Get 'em Greg [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

mackthefork 05-28-2004 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Best of Luck, Greg.

El Barto

By the way, I'll be at Foxwoods next week, and I'm a little short of cash right now....

[/ QUOTE ]

Why you little... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I don't know him either, but wish him good luck (if needed), and hope he hasn't forgot the million i lent him last week [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]!

Best of luck, bring home the bacon.

Regards Mack

Gator 05-28-2004 09:20 AM

Good Luck Greg! We treasured your advice before the WSOP and do so even more now. Thanks and go get'em!

unfrgvn 05-28-2004 09:23 AM

I haven't been here all that long and don't know him but I'm damn sure rooting for him.

It makes me laugh that when I got here I used to see posts from people that would say read anything from fossilman, his stuff is gold. I used to think, yeah, sure he might be good but is he really that much better than anyone else? I guess he is....

Daithi 05-28-2004 09:28 AM

Best of luck Greg.

jwp 05-28-2004 09:38 AM

I also have read many of his posts and benefited from them. I was always appreciative he was willing to share his knowledge.

Good luck Greg!!
JWP

ChristinaB 05-28-2004 09:47 AM

Greg has always been very open to us. When I asked him this personal question, he gave this honest reply.

And he posts great trip reports.

Go get 'em Greg.

CB

slamdunkpro 05-28-2004 09:53 AM

Greg was very helpful to me when I entered my first major tournament last year. His advice has always been rock solid.

Best of luck - Hope to see you at the Borgata in September.

colgin 05-28-2004 09:54 AM

Greg,

Best of luck. I, along with many others I suspect, will be sweating you via PokerStars, when I get home from work this afternoon. Bring it on home.

All the best.

Colgin

DOTTT 05-28-2004 09:54 AM

Good luck Greg, I've never met anyone who is so willing to share his insights on the game as you are. Bring the braclet home!
DOTTT

TylerD 05-28-2004 09:56 AM

Best wishes Greg.

wm r the rake 05-28-2004 10:04 AM

Good luck Greg or in your case good skill!!!! Bring the zoo bragging rights [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

DougBrennan 05-28-2004 10:12 AM

WALK SOFTLY AND CARRY A BIG FOSSIL

May you continue your fantastic play, Greg.

I, like many others, want to thank you for your invaluable advice, always the most concise and clearest on the forum.

Doug

mikeisfat 05-28-2004 10:23 AM

Good luck Greg!
I've been stealing advice you gave to others over the past year, thank you.

I figure that whatever WSOP success you have, you'll still be owed lots of good Karma based on your willingness to share here.

slogger 05-28-2004 10:27 AM

Greg, congratulations on an outstanding achievement and on not settling for a "good showing". It appears to those of us unable to be present at the Horseshoe that you have been unrelenting in keeping the pressure on your opponents, when many other good players would have tried to sit back and nurse their lead. It seems you have stuck with your game and it has paid off.

Best of luck, today!

Now bring home that bracelet, baby!

Prickly Pete 05-28-2004 10:28 AM

Best of luck, Greg. May the dealer give you many AAs and T8s today.

Later,
Prickly Pete

nicky g 05-28-2004 10:30 AM

Best of luck Greg, and congrats on a brilliant performance. Keep it up.
NG.

La Brujita 05-28-2004 10:33 AM

Good luck Greg. I hope you really get to enjoy yourself today and I am sure you will show your true talents.

Joe Tall 05-28-2004 10:36 AM

http://www.goodluckgiftshop.com/merc...01/hr-148l.jpg

http://f4bscale.worldonline.co.uk/four-leaf-clover.jpg

Good luck Greg!

Peace,
Joe Tall

tolbiny 05-28-2004 10:56 AM

Good luck Greg, hopefully you spend so much time counting you winnings that you never read this post. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Mark H 05-28-2004 10:59 AM

bring home the bracelet GOOD LUCK

Mark

jedi 05-28-2004 11:11 AM

Greg,

I don't really know you as we've never really discussed or debated anything before, but I have read your posts and you're always very helpful to everyone, pro or newbie.

Good luck. Stay focused. Take home the big prize.

-Jedi

BugsBunny 05-28-2004 11:18 AM

Best of Luck Greg.

We know you're good but being lucky as well certainly won't hurt. Keep on keeping on and bring home the victory. We're all pulling for you.

-bugs

ohkanada 05-28-2004 11:18 AM

I am sure Greg will try to scan/read many of the posts. It has been unbelivable all the support he has received here. Maybe not surprising since he has always been around on the tourney forum to help all of us out.

I am just hoping that my claim to fame after today is that I can tell people that my 1st tourney win was splitting it with a future WSOP 10k event winner [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] And yeah I did a have a few more chips than Greg!

Go Greg,
Ken Poklitar

redsimon 05-28-2004 11:25 AM

Good luck Greg. We'll be all watching on PokerStars to see you bring home the bacon! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Poker Jon 05-28-2004 11:29 AM

Definitely,

All the best in the world Greg!!!

And dont forget to keep posting your advice!!

Jon

RcrdBoy 05-28-2004 11:35 AM

As many others, I don't know Greg and for that matter haven't been the recipient of any advice (I don't think he trolls in the Micro forum [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]), but it is amazing how having a rooting interest makes even the most fringe of a community feel a sense of pride.

Good cards and good luck man!

Mike

Clarkmeister 05-28-2004 11:50 AM

Go Greg! I'd come and watch, but the last time I sweated you in the WSOP was two years ago and some dude went runner runner busting you out right before the money. I don't want to jinx you this time, so I'll root for you from afar! Keep kicking ass and play for first place.

chim17 05-28-2004 11:52 AM

Good luck man, I'm really excited for ya.

Gomez22 05-28-2004 12:02 PM

Greg - Although I don't think we've ever chatted, or that you've ever been around to offer insight into one of many (maybe TOO many) questions I ramble on about at the boards, I find it quite amazing, exciting, yet very inspiring that a 2+2er has made the final table of the WSOP.

I'm sure that I'm not alone when I say that a lot of us that belong to this forum wish we could be there to cheer you on(Now, THAT would be a sight!), but since most can't, I'd just like you to know that we're thinking of you, rooting for you, and praying(most of all) that you don't let the whole poker-playing world know about the 2+2 forums!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously, good luck... play well... and bring it back for all of us little guys back here at 2+2!!!

redwings03 05-28-2004 12:07 PM

To all the nay sayers who have said this WSOP has been a let down or that it's just a lucky crapshoot, I think that's BS. It sounds like it has been very exciting and I am looking forward to the TV coverage. I am wishing Fossilman Greg the very best of cards and saying thanks for all the insights you have given on here for so long. Stay sharp, buddy!!!

Scooterdoo 05-28-2004 12:09 PM

Greg, I have been 'watching' your play for most of the week on various sites and have been incredibly impressed with your play. Me, and most of the people who you have touched, educated and influenced with your superior knowledge of poker, patience and time on these boards, have become huge fans and I'm holding my breath between every post on the net to see your progress. Win or lose today you are coming close to replacing Tiger Woods, the NY Yankees and LA Lakers in my eyes! Keep up the strong play and professionalism today. We're all behind you!!!!!