Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   nyc get together (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=383422)

citanul 11-22-2005 03:46 PM

nyc get together

alright, a quick update:

1) i was unable to do much calling around at all to restaurants and such last week to scout things out, as i was basically dead.

2) the general plan looks something like this:

weekend of dec 3:

- earlier in day ~5-6 whatever, go to lounge type place where we can sit and talk and drink. hope to find a lounge that cards at table
- go to dinner ~7:30ish. hope is to get a private room of some type, and keep the price of a meal reasonable. dinner will not be in a place that cards at the door. the desired restaurant will allow us to sit, chill, talk, drink, etc, for however long we feel like it
- go to comedy club? ~10ish.
- go to post comedy drinking? ~12:30ish

invitees:

- sttf people
- sttf friends/girlfriends, if they dare
- other 2+2 people? specifically i'd ask that if we want to have other 2+2 people, we strive to not have people who are OOTists by nature, but rather people who occasionally play poker.

i think we had made a rough decision that the saturday was best for the most people.

i will be making calls to places soon.

c

Edited by durron597:

Interest list from the other thread:
Any:
durron597
Hornacek
adanthar
citanul
coolguy67
ilya
pokerlaw

Alcohol only:
sofere
pooh74

Poker only:
SonnyJay
Exitonly
burningyen

pooh74 11-22-2005 04:13 PM

Re: nyc get together

Nice job.

I think the comedy aspect will be covered by seeing what all of you fools look like.

citanul 11-22-2005 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice job.

I think the comedy aspect will be covered by seeing what all of you fools look like.

[/ QUOTE ]

you think my cloak is that comical?

citanul 11-22-2005 04:16 PM

a) alcohol only people: the intention is that alcohol is available at all/any stops in the evening

b) poker only people: suck it, there's not going to be any poker played.

c

durron597 11-22-2005 05:11 PM

lets see how many citanul threads we can get in a row

citanul 11-22-2005 05:13 PM

hotness. wanna bump some of my old ones?

pooh74 11-22-2005 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nice job.

[/ QUOTE ]

you think my cloak is that comical?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wear your green "mod" polo again...My goal is to be banned from every stop that night.

ilya 11-22-2005 07:06 PM

If anyone wants to play some poker before the meet-up at 6, my place is available.

citanul 11-22-2005 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If anyone wants to play some poker before the meet-up at 6, my place is available.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a terrible, terrible idea.

ilya 11-22-2005 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a terrible, terrible idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean poker before drunkenness & nighttime sucks, or you mean my place will be left in ruins?

citanul 11-22-2005 11:00 PM

the latter. durron and i had pretty much decided we couldn't let you offer your place to a horde of 20 year old n00bs.

11-22-2005 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice job.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL

11-23-2005 12:00 AM

any age group allowed? reason i ask this is because it would be kind of weird of some of us younger ones (18-21) were going out with the old crowd of 30+..weird for some of us... so just clarify on this.

citanul 11-23-2005 12:05 AM

yeah, the rules are:

if you think it's weird to hang out with people older than yourself, you're not allowed to go.

durron597 11-23-2005 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, the rules are:

if you think it's weird to hang out with people older than yourself, you're not allowed to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

The other rule is that if you think it's weird to hang out with people younger than yourself, you're not allowed to go.

pooh74 11-23-2005 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
any age group allowed? reason i ask this is because it would be kind of weird of some of us younger ones (18-21) were going out with the old crowd of 30+..weird for some of us... so just clarify on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I remember why I was supposed to off myself when I turned 30...to avoid the eye-bleeding of reading this stuff.

Lucky for me my memory is gone and I'm still around.

Don't worry kid, we're not going to sit around and tell WWII stories and hand out hard candy.

pokerlaw 11-23-2005 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Don't worry kid, we're not going to sit around and tell WWII stories and hand out hard candy.

[/ QUOTE ]

but hard candy is the sh*t!

ilya 11-23-2005 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the latter. durron and i had pretty much decided we couldn't let you offer your place to a horde of 20 year old n00bs.

[/ QUOTE ]

i see your point.

alright, i'll see you at 6!