Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   i miss creed (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386479)

MEbenhoe 11-27-2005 11:57 PM

i miss creed

I was driving back to La Crosse from Milwaukee this weekend and put on some creed cds cuz I hadn't listened to them in awhile, and I realized, damn I miss Creed. It's really too bad Scott Stapp turned into such a tool and completely ruined what in reality was a pretty good band. Compared to the complete crap that gets passes as rock music right now they'd be refreshing.

There, I said it, now go ahead and flame if you must.

istewart 11-28-2005 12:02 AM

Re: i miss creed

[ QUOTE ]
put on some creed cds cuz I hadn't listened to them in awhile

[/ QUOTE ]

Worst reasoning ever.

TheBlueMonster 11-28-2005 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1 It's really too bad Scott Stapp turned into such a tool and completely ruined what in reality was 2 a pretty good band. 3 Compared to the complete crap that gets passes as rock music right now they'd be refreshing.

[/ QUOTE ]
1. true
2. false
3. false

Eurotrash 11-28-2005 12:06 AM

Creed sucked so hard

11-28-2005 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Creed sucked so hard

[/ QUOTE ]

how right you are. they were awful

ZBTHorton 11-28-2005 12:10 AM

Alterbridge is a decent band...FWIW.

MEbenhoe 11-28-2005 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1 It's really too bad Scott Stapp turned into such a tool and completely ruined what in reality was 2 a pretty good band. 3 Compared to the complete crap that gets passes as rock music right now they'd be refreshing.

[/ QUOTE ]
2. false

[/ QUOTE ]

this seems to be the popular thing to say now, but lets be real they sure sold a ton of cds and had a quite a few fans before Stapp went nutso, so some of you claiming now that they sucked were creed fans just a few years ago. you dont have to admit it, but you know its true. they made cds where you could actually listen to the entire thing (a rarity for most bands) and also had some very good individual songs as well.

Claunchy 11-28-2005 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
2. false

[/ QUOTE ]

this seems to be the popular thing to say now, but lets be real they sure sold a ton of cds and had a quite a few fans before Stapp went nutso, so some of you claiming now that they sucked were creed fans just a few years ago. you dont have to admit it, but you know its true. they made cds where you could actually listen to the entire thing (a rarity for most bands) and also had some very good individual songs as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
No. They were always terrible.

Most of the people who bag on them now were bagging on them back in their heyday. The people who used to like them but don't anymore probably just moved on to some other middling crap and forgot who Creed was.

11-28-2005 12:16 AM

I assure you, I was never a creed fan. In fact, all I know from them is what I've heard on the radio which was a stone's throw from the worst music I've ever heard.

The first time I heard "Higher", I was envisioning how they came up with that song. Did the guitar player say "Hey, listen to this gay riff I just thought of!" and Scott says "Yeah, play that right after I do my best Eddie Vedder impression and belt out CAN YOU TAKE ME HIGHER!!"

Btw, Scot does cocaine. a lot.

zephed 11-28-2005 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
2. false

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, trust me. I am the zephed and they have always sucked.

11-28-2005 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
.. Creed. I..s really .... complete crap that gets passes [sic] as rock music ....

[/ QUOTE ]

in context of course

Edge34 11-28-2005 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I assure you, I was never a creed fan. In fact, all I know from them is what I've heard on the radio which was a stone's throw from the worst music I've ever heard.

The first time I heard "Higher", I was envisioning how they came up with that song. Did the guitar player say "Hey, listen to this gay riff I just thought of!" and Scott says "Yeah, play that right after I do my best Eddie Vedder impression and belt out CAN YOU TAKE ME HIGHER!!"

Btw, Scot does cocaine. a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mark Tremonti is a hell of a guitarist. Basing your entire opinion of a band off of like 2 or maybe 3 songs is really lame.

I also miss Creed, and don't give a damn what people think of that.

11-28-2005 12:24 AM

Creed = Hootie and the Blowfish.

Eurotrash 11-28-2005 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

please don't insult Hootie like this.

MEbenhoe 11-28-2005 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

please don't insult Hootie like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hootie doesnt like it when you call him Hootie

imported_anacardo 11-28-2005 12:28 AM

Everything you love is disgusting.

rusellmj 11-28-2005 12:28 AM

After listening to Stapp butcher the national anthem last week, I'm glad he'll probably be gone soon.

Boris 11-28-2005 12:30 AM

you suck. 110% you suck.

11-28-2005 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mark Tremonti is a hell of a guitarist.

[/ QUOTE ]

The saddest part of Creed is that Tremonti managed to saddle himself with someone like Stapp as a lead singer. He's a great guitarist.

But that doesn't mean that Creed sucks any less. Maybe if Stapp died, they'd suck less.

Maybe.

MEbenhoe 11-28-2005 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

even portman? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

DMBFan23 11-28-2005 12:33 AM

where is the creed sucks t shirt

imported_anacardo 11-28-2005 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

CLAP, CLAP, CLAP-CLAP-CLAP!

O-VER-RA-TED!

CLAP,CLAP, CLAP-CLAP-CLAP!

O-VER-RA-TED!

MEbenhoe 11-28-2005 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

CLAP, CLAP, CLAP-CLAP-CLAP!

O-VER-RA-TED!

CLAP,CLAP, CLAP-CLAP-CLAP!

O-VER-RA-TED!

[/ QUOTE ]

well this just proves your lack of taste [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

smoore 11-28-2005 12:43 AM

CREED SUCKS

it's not coincidence that the t-shirt is printed just like:

DISCO SUCKS

imported_anacardo 11-28-2005 12:55 AM

http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/4...pburn324ys.jpg

Pwned

http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/9...uthbert7ja.jpg

Pwned

http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/6...ellyimg3ij.jpg

Pwned

http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/7835/judduk8sk.jpg

Pwned.

That's four just right of the top of my head who dwarf your little Queen of Naboo.

I think I know hot, sir.

whiskeytown 11-28-2005 12:56 AM

I own one...

they WERE available on the tshirtsthatsuck.com website - but it's discontinued - (like the band) -

I HIGHLY suggest you go to one of the custom shirt places and have one made for yourself - they're hilarious and I've had a couple women hit on me with them...LOL - (of course, we're talking goth chicks in the goth bar, but you get the idea)

the other problem is people start singing Creed songs around you when you wear it...a kick in the nuts silences their potty mouths.

all in all - a great shirt -

RB

11-28-2005 12:59 AM

http://www3.sympatico.ca/vitalogy/emptystadium.jpg

Edge34 11-28-2005 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www3.sympatico.ca/vitalogy/emptystadium.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

http://members.aol.com/sykochik82/Cr...umAwardBig.jpg

MEbenhoe 11-28-2005 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/4...pburn324ys.jpg

Pwned

http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/6...ellyimg3ij.jpg

Pwned

[/ QUOTE ]

so basically you like old women? cool....

whiskeytown 11-28-2005 01:09 AM

Number three would be true if we fix the post.

Compared to the complete crap that gets passes as rock music ON THE RADIO right now they'd be refreshing.

Ok, not really true....never mind - but the radio still sucks - RB

imported_anacardo 11-28-2005 01:14 AM

I tend to judge people by the primes of their respective careers, if that's what you're asking.

Like - what if we were deciding on pitchers, and I said Koufax; would you be all like - OMG ROFL COPTER HE'S LIKE SIXTYODD?

And what about the hotness?

uw_madtown 11-28-2005 01:15 AM

Creed is really, really bad.

Creed has always been really, really bad.

Portman is really, really hot.

Portman has always been really, really hot.

... in summation, Creed sucks.

LesJ 11-28-2005 02:01 AM

Every band/performer who has a large fan base typically has a proportional percentage of people who just as equally despise them/him. Maybe Sklanksy (or Eastbay) can develop some sort of mathematic formula to determine how these numbers play out. I loved Creed, but I hate Dave Matthews. Different people have different taste. I, however, wouldn't go so far as to say "Dave Matthews Sucks," because I am sure they are musically talented and lyrically unique. I just don't like them.

The upside for former Creed fans is this however: Alter Bridge is awesome and put on a very entertaining live show. Marc Tremonti is indeed incredible and their vocalist Myles Kennedy is a perfect fit for the band.
Much like most other Creed fans, I was also under the belief that Scott Stapp had flipped his lid and become somewhat of an egomaniac. I heard his new single "The Great Divide" on MusicChoice a couple of weeks ago, however, and was hooked. I bought his album when it hit the shelves on Tuesday and was fairly impressed.

So Creed fans, you now have two different artists to follow, Alter Bridge and Scott Stapp. And for all the haters. . . they are still around to annoy you!
Les

Dudd 11-28-2005 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Portman is really, really hot.

Portman has always been really, really hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pedophile.

raisins 11-28-2005 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hootie and the Blowfish on a scale of 1 - 10 is a solid 2. They are a much stronger band than Creed. Creed is the only band I have ever heard of to be sued by their own fans for sucking. That is some accomplishment.

raisins

Macdaddy Warsaw 11-28-2005 04:08 AM

For anyone who hasn't seen this, it's pretty funny.

Scott Stapp punked

wonderwes 11-28-2005 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Creed sucked so hard

[/ QUOTE ]

Popinjay 11-28-2005 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I tend to judge people by the primes of their respective careers, if that's what you're asking.

Like - what if we were deciding on pitchers, and I said Koufax; would you be all like - OMG ROFL COPTER HE'S LIKE SIXTYODD?

And what about the hotness?

[/ QUOTE ]

This ongoing argument is SO HILARIOUS.

Blarg 11-28-2005 05:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After listening to Stapp butcher the national anthem last week, I'm glad he'll probably be gone soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Has anybody ever sung the national anthem in a way that's worth listening to? It's kind of surprising that the national anthem really isn't all that sucky a sung if you just go by the words, but I can't even remember hearing it sung without wanting to puke.

Blarg 11-28-2005 05:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the other problem is people start singing Creed songs around you when you wear it

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL this sounds like a truly devastating price to pay.