Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Legitimate Sites? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=378617)

Sean Norris 11-15-2005 12:14 AM

Legitimate Sites?

I currently play on PokerStars. I, along with many players I play with and other people I know that play on PokerStars, complain that the site may be rigged. Whether in a ring game or tournament, there seem to be an awful lot of bad beats and draw outs - especially on the river. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this a problem on all poker sites? I would like to play on a site where odds and percentages are pretty true, because I am sick of losing w/ AA to hands like T9o. Does anyone know of a website that does not seem to have any complaints?

SoCalRugger 11-15-2005 12:15 AM

Re: Legitimate Sites?

Go away.

11-15-2005 12:24 AM

Actually I think this is a great question. What are the most "honest" sites?

ilikeaces 11-15-2005 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I currently play on PokerStars. I, along with many players I play with and other people I know that play on PokerStars, complain that the site may be rigged. Whether in a ring game or tournament, there seem to be an awful lot of bad beats and draw outs - especially on the river. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this a problem on all poker sites? I would like to play on a site where odds and percentages are pretty true, because I am sick of losing w/ AA to hands like T9o. Does anyone know of a website that does not seem to have any complaints?

[/ QUOTE ]

All the big sites are legit. 2 legit 2 quit

bpb 11-15-2005 12:25 AM

PokerHost is definitely your best bet.

TTChamp 11-15-2005 12:32 AM

I usually don't reply to these, but you seem sincere.

It is hard to trust internet sites because you can't actually see the cards. However, the big sites are all legit from the point of view of card distribution. The proof is in the number of winning players. I am a winning low limit player and the sites certainly have no reason to favor me. With discipline you too can be a winning player. Good luck and keep trying.

Pokeraddict 11-15-2005 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerHost is definitely your best bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont forget

1. Propoker
2. Pokerspot
3. Choice Poker
4. Bigbet Poker

11-15-2005 12:36 AM

Sean,
Online Poker is not rigged. Just Poker in general. Please search these forums and you will learn why. All the major sites are completely legit. Party Poker is a public company. Stars is a great site.
Enjoy!

SoftcoreRevolt 11-15-2005 12:38 AM

It only seems like there are a lot of Bad Beats because you play way more hands online than you can live. As you play more hands, you see more bad beats, but the odds of seeing them are the same.

Scotty O 11-15-2005 12:40 AM

Beat it

benza13 11-15-2005 04:55 AM

Another problem is what you define as a bad beat. Many people complain when they lose and their odds were 55-45 (I never win a race) or a variety of 60-40 situations. These aren't really that bad of beats, because over 1000 hands, the favorite is going to win only 100 (or 200 depending on situation above) more than the underdog. Even something like T9 offsuit is going to win about 191 times out of 1000 against AA, its just that many of those times, the T9o is going to be folded when it doesn't hit and you never see what he played, you only see what he played when the T9o hits. In general bad beats also seem more frequent online because of more hands seen.

Not sure why I felt like being helpful tonight, but enjoy.

2+2 wannabe 11-15-2005 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually I think this is a great question. What are the most "honest" sites?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sean Norris
stranger
Reged: 03/09/05

ThyWarlord
stranger
Reged: 11/14/05

lol

Innocentius 11-15-2005 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
because I am sick of losing w/ AA to hands like T9o.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you should be playing 2-card stud.

tomdemaine 11-15-2005 08:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know of a website that does not seem to have any complaints?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a single one!

waffle 11-15-2005 08:36 AM

PokerStars' website is actually the only site that explains the potential pitfalls of attempting to create random numbers with computers and what they did to ensure their RNG is 100% random. They actually use a hardware device as an entropy source where party does not. While I think all of the big sites are legit, stars is easily the most legit and least likely to have a bad RNG implementation IMO.

If you're sick of losing AA to T9, then you:

* Don't have a lot of poker experience
* Don't understand that underdogs sometimes win
* Don't understand short term variance
* Don't understand where your edge (if it exists) comes from

Noodles 11-15-2005 09:10 AM

that are all totally rigged dude,if it wasnt for the rigged bad beats i'd be up 1000 bajillion$ by now. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

they give cards to the chasers to pump up the rake,
a total fix!!!!!

tubalkain 11-15-2005 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars' website is actually the only site that explains the potential pitfalls of attempting to create random numbers with computers and what they did to ensure their RNG is 100% random. They actually use a hardware device as an entropy source where party does not. While I think all of the big sites are legit, stars is easily the most legit and least likely to have a bad RNG implementation IMO.

If you're sick of losing AA to T9, then you:

* Don't have a lot of poker experience
* Don't understand that underdogs sometimes win
* Don't understand short term variance
* Don't understand where your edge (if it exists) comes from

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, play NL and force the T9o [censored] to fold. If you can't do that, you definitely don't belong here.

SoftcoreRevolt 11-15-2005 12:21 PM

Why would you want to force T9 to fold?

Noodles 11-15-2005 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would you want to force T9 to fold

[/ QUOTE ]

yea you want crappy hands to call you [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img], you just dont want them to draw out

BigBiceps 11-15-2005 01:40 PM

I have seen unusual stuff on all sites.

On Party 99 on a board of JJQQ called all-in vs KK to spike a 9 on the river. many others like this.

On Stars AK v AA on a flop of AJ2 all in got runner-runner for royal flush.

On Full Tilt (yesterday) I saw two all-ins on the flop with for example AK v JJ on a flop of A3T get runner-runner to make a straight. Why are these morons putting it in with JJ (do they know something I don't?)

On UB, countless wins of for example A5s all in against QQ preflop and getting two fives.

On Paradise, losing 15 times in a row with KQs in limit holdem.

etc. etc.

They either seem to be all rigged or not.

11-15-2005 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

They either seem to be all rigged or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rigged, definitely. Keep it quiet...

Seriously though, why do people think it's rigged? And why all the criticsm for the river card? Poker is a five card game and the river card is no different than the 2nd card of the flop. You're just probably more likely to get pissed when a good hand falls at the river as opposed to just missing your hand completely on the flop. If you really believe sites are rigged, invest in Poker Tracker and play 30,000+ hands. While this may not be a statistically large enough sample to fully account for variance, you'll see that the cards fall the way that they should, statistically.

And for the record, you'll have many more bad beats on the fishy sites (like Stars and Party). That's what happens when people call every bad hand to the river. If you want to keep this from happening often (i.e. you don't like to win money) play at Absolute where the rocks will only show down the hand you would expect to be beaten with. Your AA will hold up just fine there, as you'll win 1.5 BB sized pots when everyone folds to your preflop raise.

And, yeah, that's all I have to say.

UATrewqaz 11-15-2005 02:34 PM

Want the really really really scary news?

The big online poker sites actually produce a better shuffle than live play!

(by better I mean more random in a mathematical sense)

HRFats 11-15-2005 03:26 PM

Played in a home game last weekend. Three people were all in on the turn. All three had a flush with three spades on the board. One player had A3, one had K9 and one had Q7. The odds of having 9 spades out of 13 in a hand are sooo low that home games are definately RIGGED!!

Pokeraddict 11-15-2005 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Played in a home game last weekend. Three people were all in on the turn. All three had a flush with three spades on the board. One player had A3, one had K9 and one had Q7. The odds of having 9 spades out of 13 in a hand are sooo low that home games are definately RIGGED!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you check the RNG? Has it been verified by a 3rd party?

utmt40 11-15-2005 04:36 PM

Just give up they are all rigged.

goodguy_1 11-15-2005 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Propoker
2. Pokerspot
3. Choice Poker
4. Bigbet Poker

[/ QUOTE ]

ProPoker was a freakshow man..these were the most obvioulsy rigged games ever.
I wonder how much those korean teams made off with --we need an expose on this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

BigBet had legitimate action and had good value in their tournies. The site's action was always on the square except for maybe a few props sharing info--hehe and that can happen on any site where a bunch of props play together ...Whatever happened to that kid ShockNawe?..for some reason I thought you were him pokeraddict.

Btw pokeraddict you've done an awesome job with your website-congrtats!

Benal 11-15-2005 04:50 PM

You clearly are in need of the latest pattern map.